Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4434304 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1935) (1936) (1937) (1938) (1939) (1940) (1941) ... (3676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:24am On Jan 20, 2021
kopell:
How many pieces of the Patten cost 70k, 63k, 3500k?
just one. Pick one and you are told the price sir. E shock you abi?

The price isn't guaranteed. Although there's an alternative,it can be made by hand which will significantly drive down the price. But the one you have on the picture is the original stuff
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:53am On Jan 20, 2021
n3xt:

This ain’t new here na.

As most people will say “Brabus must have seen it, used it or know about it...” I’ve used it on many occasion.

Well we discussed this as one of the options in 2014/15 when some contemporary lovers are considering having large windows without the ugly naija burglar proofs. Other options explored/discussed includes 3M Security windows Film and some other indigenous solutions.

Most of these solutions are very much around. Though not cheap. They’re not alien to us.

Yeah we discussed it in detail. If I remember correctly a reward was offered for a good design.

One of the many issues of this forum apart from ignore user function is lack of post tags.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:14am On Jan 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yeah we discussed it in detail. If I remember correctly a reward was offered for a good design.

One of the many issues of this forum apart from ignore user function is lack of post tags.

I remember Spyder880 was a big threat then cos he wanted to find a solution by all means grin grin

What a large repository of gold covered in dust!

_______

Oh I also remember sir lastpage solution and the slider net that we were working on. It’s really sad we can’t remember all these stuffs.

The labor of our heroes past seems to be in ... undecided

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 9:10am On Jan 20, 2021
Ok thanks
Beframia:

Your package will always be delivered through the post office that's closest to the delivery address you provided during the course of signing up on the AliExpress platform.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 9:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Well understood . Thanks
SurveyorGeo:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 9:13am On Jan 20, 2021
stevemims:
What're the current prices for:

12mm
10mm

@next

Local is 260k per tonnes including cost of transportation to site
Lagos Axis only for the transportation cost included @n3xt thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 9:28am On Jan 20, 2021
U wan spoil him market grin
Teach people who needs the help to cut cost but for us , alibaba and AliExpress hv been saving life since 1900
davodyguy:

Wetin be this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Personal123(m): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2021
We supply and hual granite to Benin-City, Delta state, Bayelsa state, Rivers state, Anambra state, Imo state, Eboyin state, Cross River state, Abia state, Enugu state and Akwa Ibom state. Just DM me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:29am On Jan 20, 2021
rotecch77:

Thanks Honorable chairman

In other news
Arbo contractor(Rotech)
Twins kenny
Dominion
Were in collaboration for the finishings of this gigantic edifice somewhere in Ogunstate

Watch out for more pics on our tread.
Prototype toilet finishings pics there.

The progress pics

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:31am On Jan 20, 2021
n3xt:

You know we love pisshurrres grin

More wins for you guys in 2021

More pics

Stair way tiles
Work still in progress

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:20am On Jan 20, 2021
rotecch77:

More pics

Stair way tiles
Work still in progress

Nice stair tiles with grooves.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
Cements in Benin 2650 from a dealer

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
Personal123:
We supply and hual granite to Benin-City, Delta state, Bayelsa state, Rivers state, Anambra state, Imo state, Eboyin state, Cross River state, Abia state, Enugu state and Akwa Ibom state. Just DM me

What is your price for FULL 15 tone to Benin City?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
n3xt:

Nice stair tiles with grooves.

Yea, it looks classy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Supadicious: 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2021
omanzo02:

Adhesive is suitable for already flatten floors or walls, the ones we have here has waterproofing qualities to act also as a layer between the tiles/granites and the concrete wall/brick/block wall. They uses cement if the house is a heated floor system and simultaneously tiling & flooring (tiling and floor slab works goes simultaneously), cement and adhesive are available in different colour to suit your preference and tile colour, some are specially made for indoor and outdoor.
Note: modern floor heating uses slim pipes or heating element that accommodate the use of normal layer adhesive.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
I am in dire need of learning Tiling (Floor & Wall). I have the passion to be a Home designer. Please, feel free to take me as your Apprentice on the job.
I am a graduate of Computer Science but as a result of bad economy in the land, I have deem it fit to learn other skills instead of waiting and feeling sorry for my predicament. I live in Lokoja Kogi State and my Contact Number: 0708 844 2547 (SAMSON)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sammy785uk(m): 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
omanzo02:

Adhesive is suitable for already flatten floors or walls, the ones we have here has waterproofing qualities to act also as a layer between the tiles/granites and the concrete wall/brick/block wall. They uses cement if the house is a heated floor system and simultaneously tiling & flooring (tiling and floor slab works goes simultaneously), cement and adhesive are available in different colour to suit your preference and tile colour, some are specially made for indoor and outdoor.
Note: modern floor heating uses slim pipes or heating element that accommodate the use of normal layer adhesive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sammy785uk(m): 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
Supadicious:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
I am in dire need of learning Tiling (Floor & Wall). I have the passion to be a Home designer. Please, feel free to take me as your Apprentice on the job.
I am a graduate of Computer Science but as a result of bad economy in the land, I have deem it fit to learn other skills instead of waiting and feeling sorry for my predicament. I live in Lokoja Kogi State and my Contact Number: 0708 844 2547 (SAMSON)

Contractors in the House, May I confirm that this young man here is really a ready to learn personality. He is indeed ready to learn tiling and other skills necessary as far as your mentorship is concern. Having him as your apprentice will be a plus to your delivering of your contract asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
davodyguy:
When finishing your bathroom, consider tall people abeg grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13013432_6006b6528f101_jpeg6634cbcfe557b3fdf1743187eb3445ad
Hahaha, only in naija
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
kopell:
Hahaha, only in naija

The wall should have tiles all the way to the top
water and mold
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
davodyguy:
When finishing your bathroom, consider tall people abeg grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13013432_6006b6528f101_jpeg6634cbcfe557b3fdf1743187eb3445ad

Similar question I asked my building drawing lecturer some yrs back.
How do I design or arrange a dwarf client electrical switches and bathroom shower.
The whole class turned to mkt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 3:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
Laudbtc:
Engineers in the house, please which is more recommendable in filling of house?
Red sand or sharp white sand and also one which is cost effective because I live in delta state

Go with your pocket (LATERITE OR SHARP SHARP)

as long as you're not using clay.... if it was in a waterlogged land, I would have said sharp sand but on a solid man - laterite is better

GOODLUCK
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Esotechng: 3:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
mountmoriah:

Patronage us today for a satisfactory delivery

Hi, my project just got to roofing level now, can I give me quote for 2by 6*130ps *2by4*320ps*2by3*500ps *2by2*130ps*3by4*30ps
Also, where is ur location and the type of wood?
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johnyjustcome: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hi everyone,
I feel like I am blessed to found this thread.
I am planning 4 flats of 3 bedrooms for each property (2 flats up & 2 flats down.) Pls, I need your advice. How much do you think this will cost? from foundation to the lintel, Decking, and top building with a roof. This is located in Ibadan

Please help, I just wanna know what I am about to put myself into.
Thanks, folks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alochigozie(m): 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
GoodFaith:
Cements in Benin 2650 from a dealer
this is a nice development, let the price keep coming down.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Personal123(m): 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
100k for full 15 tons
GoodFaith:

What is your price for FULL 15 tone to Benin City?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
Esotechng:

Hi, my project just got to roofing level now, can I give me quote for 2by 6*130ps *2by4*320ps*2by3*500ps *2by2*130ps*3by4*30ps
Also, where is ur location and the type of wood?
Thanks

Thank you for contacting us sir, God bless you, we have our saw mill at ijebu ode.

We have and supply, Ofu, Eku, Akun, Itara, Ogborugboru, Okilolo, Ayin or Oridudu for roofing.

We accept payment on delivery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
Personal123:
100k for full 15 tons
Your price is high
80k to 90k
I was thinking you could do 84k for 15 tons FULL
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yungmin: 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
bala221:
Hello great house,

I am starting my house project size (35 ft by 97 ft), and have given an architect to do my designs (2 storey building, that is two floors above the ground floor with a small BQ beside). I want to start bit by bit as I am not loaded for now.

He is insisting that I go for structural design before I commence, But I think I can get a good civil engineer to supervise once in a while during the project to save cost instead of doing the structural designs (He (the architect) has given me the DWG drawings for structural design). What do you advice?

I am now waiting for the architect to finish off his designs and then I begin setting out.

Also I am in diaspora, please what are the tips to avoid being shortchanged by my builders and overseers?

My project is in Kano by the way.

It is very important you do a structural design. On what basis are you going to start the construction for a civil engineer to supervise it? Your structural design ought to be your priority.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
Johnyjustcome:
Hi everyone,
I feel like I am blessed to found this thread.
I am planning 4 flats of 3 bedrooms for each property (2 flats up & 2 flats down.) Pls, I need your advice. How much do you think this will cost? from foundation to the lintel, Decking, and top building with a roof. This is located in Ibadan

Please help, I just wanna know what I am about to put myself into.
Thanks, folks.

MY advice
DON'T TAKE ANY PERSON WORKING FOR YOU TO GO BUYING THINGS
TALK TO ANY PERSON YOU KNOW THAT HAVE BUILD A HOUSE
You must be present from your foundation to the Germain floor
count all the filling sand tripe
look for dealer to buy cements and iron from
You must be present for you decking wood, iron and cement count and count
the wood from decking will be use for your parapet so you will spend less than 100k for parapet wood
Roofing
Get your engineer to give you the number of wood
Go buy your wood by yourself-- count the wood before take it from the shop
Count your wood when it get to your site
Get all measurement from your Engineer keep it in you pocket roof, tiles POP, plumbing
Make sure your Engineer is not working with the people doing the tiles, roof , plumbing
IF you open your eyes and follow the above you will save yourself over 5M
Best of luck

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1935) (1936) (1937) (1938) (1939) (1940) (1941) ... (3676) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: islamics(m), lorhema(f), en1gma12 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.