Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4392733 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1937) (1938) (1939) (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:55am On Jan 21, 2021
Dijita:

Dangote too small for this group. They want to connect you with Bill Gate, Elon musk and the oracle of Omaha.
Suffered head kill palaver

grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RichyBendollar(m): 8:24am On Jan 21, 2021
Please house help me look into this plan

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:39am On Jan 21, 2021
Johnyjustcome:
Hi everyone,
I feel like I am blessed to found this thread.
I am planning 4 flats of 3 bedrooms for each property (2 flats up & 2 flats down.) Pls, I need your advice. How much do you think this will cost? from foundation to the lintel, Decking, and top building with a roof. This is located in Ibadan

Please help, I just wanna know what I am about to put myself into.
Thanks, folks.

lets say, in the region of 80m to 100m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:42am On Jan 21, 2021
RichyBendollar:

Its looking OK.... as an advice; the sit-out on the right shd not be accessible from the outside (to prevent direct access into the private (bedroom) area.

GOODLUCK
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:05am On Jan 21, 2021
saydfact:

80 meters or 80 million?

Ibadan, Oluyole or Ibadan in North America?

I think 45m will conveniently put something very solid in Ibadan.

I just got off IB and a solid duplex and attached flat was in the range of N45 - 52m.

By solid I mean using Tilcor Roof (almost 150% more than other stone-coated roofing tiles available in the market). The cost includes fencing and finishing a 800sqm plot of land.

At 45m, I think you should have something good (minus paparazzis)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 9:20am On Jan 21, 2021
saydfact:

i hate when people just come up with ridiculous quote. 80-100m to build 4 flats of 3 bedroom He isn't building an estate. shocked

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Architectsly: 9:26am On Jan 21, 2021
RichyBendollar:

1. Your visitors toilet should be located towards d entrance and not hidden in between rooms
2. Providing an ante room b4 the main living room would be a great idea
3. Provide a ventilation to ur dining cos kitchen is usually hot.
4. Create a sit out 4 ur kitchen

The plan is Ok anyway
Best regards

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:00am On Jan 21, 2021
Johnyjustcome:
Hi everyone,
I am planning 4 flats of 3 bedrooms for each property (2 flats up & 2 flats down.) Pls, I need your advice. How much do you think this will cost? from foundation to the lintel, Decking, and top building with a roof. This is located in Ibadan

Thanks, folks.

30m peg down for this project in Lagos
We are now at finishing stage.

From foundation to this stage.

4 flats of 2bedrooms and
4 flats of R/p self contain
Total 8flats

https://www.nairaland.com/5377385/construction-8flats-4units-2bdrms-4#81545848

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:44am On Jan 21, 2021
zuraking:
i hate when people just come up with ridiculous quote. 80-100m to build 4 flats of 3 bedroom He isn't building an estate. shocked

CC: n3xt

BIKO, I yam not feeling fine - grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin come back later

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 11:44am On Jan 21, 2021
Pls where is ur location
PropertyVendor:

Thanks man
Dangote Cement now 2,650

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
n3xt:

So I got on this expedition yesterday and here’s what I found out:

- low patronage wane the interest of local fabricators.
- it cost almost the same amount to produce a 4 x 5 window and a 6 x 7 gate.
- it’s a worthwhile investment if there’s ready market for it.
- price is determined by materials choice (steel, galvanized steel, aluminum alloy etc)

I was billed 120k for 6 x 7 and 105k for 4 x 5. I can invest in this if there’s a govt regulation that made it compulsory for each house to have one per room. Otherwise, it’s really not worth it.

Thanks for what you do.

Definitely interested (if you kindly provide contact details).

What is 6 x 7 or 4 x 5 (imperial feet?)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
saydfact:

CC: n3xt

BIKO, I yam not feeling fine - grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin come back later

grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by starM: 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
Salutations to the professionals in this thread.

I need advice because I want to develop my plot of land which is 50 x 50 in size. We want to build 3 bedroom flat. What and whaa do I need to do please.

The location is Kaduna.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hairbyuj(f): 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2021
hairbyuj:
Good morning,

Please am in need of used wooden planks for casting, either for rent or sales...

my site is around Awoyaya.

please reach me 08083700653

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2021
[quote author=hairbyuj post=98290099][/quote]

I gave you a number to call for decking wood
You don't want decking wood
Stop playing
What happen to the dude I gave you his phone number to call
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larry1960: 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
Johnyjustcome:
Hi everyone,

Thanks, folks.

Budget #30 million naira
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by paparazzi82: 3:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
saydfact:

Pls ignore all this amount flying up and down. Just start with what you have on ground and make sure you are on ground or have someone trustworthy when the building kickstart.
Presently building 3bedroom duplex and 2unitsbof 2bedroom flat and am yet to spend up to 20million

Remaining tiles, electrical and plumbing fittings, rails, kitchen and wardrobe cabinet, screeding and painting

Pls dont allow anyone tension you

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
paparazzi82:

Pls ignore all this amount flying up and down. Just start with what you have on ground and make sure you are on ground or have someone trustworthy when the building kickstart.
Presently building 3bedroom duplex and 2unitsbof 2bedroom flat and am yet to spend up to 20million

Remaining tiles, electrical and plumbing fittings, rails, kitchen and wardrobe cabinet, screeding and painting

thank you. At least Your own practical is on the site.

GREEDY engineers and builders with ridiculous price for houses cos they will do one yeye drawing that won't even resemble it after completion.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2021
zuraking:
thank you. At least Your own practical is on the site.

GREEDY engineers and builders with ridiculous price for houses cos they will do one yeye drawing that won't even resemble it after completion.

No need for name calling bro....his estimate were based on certain parameters. It was on the high side but then everything depends taste.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:31pm On Jan 21, 2021
paparazzi82:

Good words of encouragement, for you to go this far with your project is amazing for less then 20m. One thing this the gentleman most understand, it’s all depends on location and type of soil and design one intended to build on, some location half of that amount you spend that take you far won’t be enough for foundation in other places, we not scared people away with numbers to start any project. Please do your research well on this platform, it make him prepare well to start.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
Footstradamus:

No need for name calling bro....his estimate were based on certain parameters. It was on the high side but then everything depends taste.
I am not even referring to anyone here. I am just talking based on reality. I also know location and the type of soil matters in building but that doesn't mean we should scare intending builders with ridiculous price

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
paparazzi82:

@ Johnyjustcome:

this is the best advice you can get - JUST START, get it right and you'll find out where that gets you..

GOODLUCK

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertyVendor(m): 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
Rexology:

Falcon or 3x?

3x

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
PropertyVendor:

3x

What is Falcon and 3x?

what is the Status of your POP cements?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2021
saydfact:

@ Johnyjustcome:

this is the best advice you can get - JUST START, get it right and you'll find out where that gets you..

GOODLUCK

W.icked grin

The lounge and kitchen of a house I once worked on in Magodo was around 93sqm.

Whereas, some duplex are not even up to 100sqm (both floors).

Take note of who you are taking advice from when you’re getting ballpark figures. It’s best to have a working drawing.
The smaller your footprint, the cheaper your build.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sundayedem(m): 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
Dijita:

How can regular folks distinguished original from inferior ones?
What is the price per sqm for those with 50 yrs warranty?
the price is for bond 3,100 / for Milano 3,200
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Optimisticgondy(m): 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
Dear Nairalanders,
ImranRoofing is the best roofer in Nigeria so far in terms of honesty, transparency, expertise, experience and quality services.

Being a benefactor of Nairaland myself, I decided to use a capable and trusted Nairalander for the roofing of this building and I came across his thread.

I read a lot of reviews about him and decided to use him. However I was in contact with other 2 roofers in my area and got quotations from them and from Imran too.

To my surprise, I contacted 2 roofers in my area, the first roofer's quotation was 47% higher than ImranRoofing's own while the second roofer's quote was 40% higher. These are people I couldn't even get anyone to vouch for their works. So, I opted for Imran and paid for materials and paid for workmanship immediately they started bringing materials to my place.

I got update when loading the materials and waited for his boys. These guys are good, hardworking and fast as they completed the work within 2 days. In fact

If you have a roofing project and you're reading this, I'll advise you use Imran roofing for it. You have no regret doing that..don't fall into wrong hands

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 4:52pm On Jan 21, 2021
Optimisticgondy:
Dear Nairalanders,
ImranRoofing is the best roofer in Nigeria so far in terms of honesty, transparency, expertise, experience and quality services.

Being a benefactor of Nairaland myself, I decided to use a capable and trusted Nairalander for the roofing of this building and I came across his thread.

I read a lot of reviews about him and decided to use him. However I was in contact with other 2 roofers in my area and got quotations from them and from Imran too.

To my surprise, I contacted 2 roofers in my area, the first roofer's quotation was 47% higher than ImranRoofing's own while the second roofer's quote was 40% higher. These are people I couldn't even get anyone to vouch for their works. So, I opted for Imran and paid for materials and paid for workmanship immediately they started bringing materials to my place.

I got update when loading the materials and waited for his boys. These guys are good, hardworking and fast as they completed the work within 2 days. In fact

If you have a roofing project and you're reading this, I'll advise you use Imran roofing for it. You have no regret doing that..don't fall into wrong hands
Thanks so much for your patronage!!
For your next Roofing Project
Call/Whatsapp 08085310359

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertyVendor(m): 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
GoodFaith:

What is Falcon and 3x?

what is the Status of your POP cements?

It's Dangote Cement grade 4.25R, 3x is decoded to mean xtra strong, xtra life, xtra yield.

Falcon is a lower grade

POP Cement

ABS - 8,000

FIBRE - 2,200 PER KG

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
Your toilet floor and wall tile with adorable price and pictures, I am (blessedsunny2) I joined this platform as one of the people who offer good services and I'm well known here for my good works. I really appreciate you guys thanks for patronizing us.....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2021
paparazzi82:

if you're in lagos, abeg remember me when you're ready bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Optimisticgondy:
Dear Nairalanders,

Let’s handle your electrical boss if still available
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1937) (1938) (1939) (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.