Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1939) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442566 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1936) (1937) (1938) (1939) (1940) (1941) (1942) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Paras011: 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
10 Facts you Didn’t Know about TMT Iron Rods

What are TMT Iron Rods?

Thermo-Mechanically-Treated (TMT) iron rods are products of innovation and technological advancement in the construction industry. They have become the most common, essential and highly preferred materials in building and construction because of their strong bonding with concrete, great strength and better ductility. They provide better reinforcement to concrete structures and minimize damage caused by earthquakes, corrosion, and thermal agents.

Interesting Facts about TMT Iron Rods

TMT iron rods have many qualities that give structures undeniable benefits. Let us consider ten facts you probably did not know about TMT iron rods.

Thermo-Mechanical Technology
TMT iron rods are produced through a unique manufacturing process called thermo-mechanical-treatment where hot steel billets are passed through quenching process.

The process hardens the outer surface of the iron rods, enhancing their tensile strength, while the inner core remains soft, increasing their ductility. This alteration in microstructure across the cross-section of the rod imparts enormous strength to it.

They are generally used in construction for superior protection against earthquake and other natural disasters. To however ensure safety for your structure, TMT iron rods should be resistant to corrosion as this helps to obtain a longer life to your structure.

Uniform rib structure
TMT iron rods have uniform rib structure which makes it easy for them to bond perfectly with concrete and cement. This enables the iron rods and concrete hold each other in place and not exist as separate entities forced to stay at one place. The result of this is that the structure is given great strength to bear load and withstand external forces.

Peralite Inner Core and Outer Core
The manufacturing process of TMT iron rods, which hardens the outer surface of the iron rods, and makes the inner core soft, enhances its tensile strength. This ensures that the structure is strong enough to bear extra load, durable and have long lifespan.

TMT iron rods are manufactured in grades.
TMT iron rods are produced in different grades. The grade is measured by the strength and rigidity. The grades are Fe-415; Fe-500; Fe-550, and Fe-600. Each grade has its properties and application. This means it is very essential to choose the right TMT iron rod based on its application and usage. Fe-415, for instance, has high uniform elongation and is used in areas which have moderate corrosion and that are prone to earthquakes.

TMT iron rods are corrosion and rust-resistant.
The manufacturing process of TMT iron rods gives them enhanced rust and corrosion resistance. They have low carbon content which makes them withstand rust and corrosion, and enhance total life of the structure.

TMT iron rods have thermal resistance.
The right chemistry and physical properties of TMT iron rods ensure that the rods withstand high temperature, moist conditions and fire. Hence, they give buildings and structures longer lifespan.

Suitable for all types of construction projects
The edge that TMT iron rods have over local iron rods is that they are used for all types of construction projects due to their excellent bendability and flexibility. TMT iron rods can be broadened or bent to suit your construction structure.

They are natural-disaster-resistant.
The unique manufacturing process of TMT iron rods gives them a high level of ductility. This ensures that when buildings are shaken up during natural disaster, especially earthquake, they can retain their structure. This is the reason why TMT iron rods are highly preferred in major construction projects.

TMT iron rods have excellent flexibility and bendability.
The intensely advanced quenching process undergone by TMT iron rods hardens the outer layer, thereby giving the iron rods easy bendability. This quality means that TMT iron rods can be moulded into any desired shape without breaking and can be used for various construction purposes.

TMT iron rods are defect-free.
Also, TMT iron rods do not go through any deformation or twisting processes. This is why their surface is free from cracks and other defects.

Choose the genuine TMT brand

TIGER TMT iron rods have unmatchable strength, perfect ductility, thermal resistance, and other great qualities that make them suitable for all types of construction. They are used for commercial construction projects such as dams, bridges, high rises, corporate or individual buildings, industrial construction, heavy civil construction and other construction types that require high yield strength.

Visit our Website for More Construction related Blogs

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Personal123(m): 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
I can give you 95k for ¾ 15 tons you said you want full 15 tons
3500 per ton
42000 for transport. I want to do this job for more referrals
GoodFaith:

Your price is high
80k to 90k
I was thinking you could do 84k for 15 tons FULL
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2021
saydfact:

Go with your pocket (LATERITE OR SHARP SHARP)

as long as you're not using clay.... if it was in a waterlogged land, I would have said sharp sand but on a solid man - laterite is better

GOODLUCK
Thanks bro, please is there any disadvantage of using laterite like you mentioned and how can I know that the people are supplying me with laterite and not clay sand?
The land is a dry land and not waterlogged.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
Bros, don't you think this guy would have completed this project by now?

yungmin:

It is very important you do a structural design. On what basis are you going to start the construction for a civil engineer to supervise it? Your structural design ought to be your priority.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hello everyone. I want to inform the house that I have been mobilized by Ty01 to start the windows below. Kindly follow me on this journey as I start this chapter.

Thanks and hope you had a great day

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brandsoncharlie: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
GoodFaith:
Cements in Benin 2650 from a dealer
Can you deliver 600 bags but not Benin.
Is it dangote.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yungmin: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
Beframia:

Bros, don't you think this guy would have completed this project by now?

�����‍♂️��‍♂️ I didn't check the date. I just stumbled on the tread today

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
Enyinne:
Thanks for answering this . Pls do u know the postal code for Victoria island lagos

https://nigeriapostalcodes.com/victoria-island-area-post-code-zip-code-lagos-state.html
Check this link out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

Can you deliver 600 bags but not Benin.
Is it dangote.

I don't sell cements
You might have to pick it up from Benin
The dude is here "propertyvendor"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
Good evening.

You're in the right place where your questions and concerns can easily be answered and addressed.

First of all, you need designs or drawings which will include an architectural and structural drawings to convert your briefs (intentions) into actionable plans.

As regards the issue of cost of construction, I'll advise you to hire a Quantity Surveyor to provide a detailed cost estimate of the drawings in order to have a scientific and reliable budget for the proposed building. This is a very important task as this will save you from unnecessary costs and excesses.

Good luck.

Johnyjustcome:
Hi everyone,
I feel like I am blessed to found this thread.
I am planning 4 flats of 3 bedrooms for each property (2 flats up & 2 flats down.) Pls, I need your advice. How much do you think this will cost? from foundation to the lintel, Decking, and top building with a roof. This is located in Ibadan

Please help, I just wanna know what I am about to put myself into.
Thanks, folks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
Please I need a bricklayer around ajah axis.
I would appreciate recommendations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertyVendor(m): 9:47pm On Jan 20, 2021
GoodFaith:

I don't sell cements
You might have to pick it up from Benin
The dude is here "propertyvendor"

Thanks man
Dangote Cement now 2,650
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
raymondFirstborn:
Please I need a bricklayer around ajah axis.
I would appreciate recommendations.

MC 0806 793 6084
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 1:30am On Jan 21, 2021
michlins:
Hello everyone. I want to inform the house that I have been mobilized by Ty01 to start the windows below. Kindly follow me on this journey as I start this chapter.

Thanks and hope you had a great day
Please how much will it cost me to have this type of Window burglary in the following measurement :
6x4
4x4
2x2
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 1:32am On Jan 21, 2021
PropertyVendor:

Thanks man
Dangote Cement now 2,650

Falcon or 3x?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:18am On Jan 21, 2021
Rexology:

Please how much will it cost me to have this type of Window burglary in the following measurement :
6x4
4x4
2x2
thanks for your enquiry. It costs

16,000 and

5,000 respectively. Good morning sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:41am On Jan 21, 2021
jabolo:

This is a welcome development, if true but I'm not in those places. I might visit at the opportune time. I'm serious about this.

I'm thinking one of our resident artisans would run with the concept. Or window suppliers here could include in their stock.

So I got on this expedition yesterday and here’s what I found out:

- low patronage wane the interest of local fabricators.
- it cost almost the same amount to produce a 4 x 5 window and a 6 x 7 gate.
- it’s a worthwhile investment if there’s ready market for it.
- price is determined by materials choice (steel, galvanized steel, aluminum alloy etc)

I was billed 120k for 6 x 7 and 105k for 4 x 5. I can invest in this if there’s a govt regulation that made it compulsory for each house to have one per room. Otherwise, it’s really not worth it.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 5:45am On Jan 21, 2021
michlins:
thanks for your enquiry. It costs

16,000 and

5,000 respectively. Good morning sir

Is the price for Burglary or burglary and window?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:03am On Jan 21, 2021
The construction industry is constantly evolving and so we are

The construction industry is constantly changing and evolving. Each year it seems there are new trends in the industry. The three biggest trends that stand out at the moment are energy-efficient housing, budget-friendly design-build, and smart homes.

Contractors and construction companies need to stay ahead of the trends so they can give their customers what they want for their homes and projects. Do your research on what is up and coming and be able to explain and promote the products that are popular at this moment. This can help your company by continuing to stay a step ahead of the rest for your customers.

In 2014, I invested in some steel shutters for a massive development. 7 years later, we’d be playing same role again as a supporting striker grin

Tag along as I show you the design process of the steel shutter being designed for a multi-dwelling project in Lagos State Nigeria.
Special thanks to my wonderful client and friend for inviting us to be a part of this project. Let’s do it!

Different Approach. Different Result.

You can’t be thinking of over 200 columns and be looking for wood formwork. There’s always a better way.

Construction Journal on Kobocity.com (link will be updated later grin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLflkZO7x70

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:11am On Jan 21, 2021
Dijita:

Is the price for Burglary or burglary and window?
burglary only sir. There are ones you can get for 9,000 though but the former price is for the one in the picture.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:15am On Jan 21, 2021
n3xt:

So I got on this expedition yesterday and here’s what I found out:

- low patronage wane the interest of local fabricators.
- it cost almost the same amount to produce a 4 x 5 window and a 6 x 7 gate.
- it’s a worthwhile investment if there’s ready market for it.
- price is determined by materials choice (steel, galvanized steel, aluminum alloy etc)

I was billed 120k for 6 x 7 and 105k for 4 x 5. I can invest in this if there’s a govt regulation that made it compulsory for each house to have one per room. Otherwise, it’s really not worth it.

when I said it's not worth the effort someone said I wasn't innovative. I hope a better concept becomes available because this particular one no follow. If you have really seen this window work, you will hate it. In case of emergency,it may decide that day not to open

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:24am On Jan 21, 2021
michlins:
when I said it's not worth the effort someone said I wasn't innovative. I hope a better concept becomes available because this particular one no follow. If you have really seen this window work, you will hate it. In case of emergency,it may decide that day not to open

How una dey survive in your sector?

I got to the market and prices of materials gave me a huge shocker.

If you go cheap on steel at this time, what you’re buying is pure rubbish. 1mm plate come be like razor blade for hand grin Flat bar be like wall belt.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:45am On Jan 21, 2021
^^^^

I bet it nothing will happen to the post above. This is Nairaland.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:45am On Jan 21, 2021
n3xt:

How una dey survive in your sector?

I got to the market and prices of materials gave me a huge shocker.

If you go cheap on steel at this time, what you’re buying is pure rubbish. 1mm plate come be like razor blade for hand grin Flat bar be like wall belt.
here's how I survive, I gave someone a quotation three ago, e reach yesterday and I told him it has become invalid. Thank God he understood.

Saturday last week, I bought wrought iron rod and went back on Monday to buy more and the salesgirl was on phone with oga getting updated price list. ₦300/rod is what I paid more and I copped as much as I could that day.

On December, I bought 2.5mm pan and then went back this January to get another and it has increased by #12,000.

But we move!!!

modified

Someone gave me advance on a job and told me to take my time before buying materials. I just told him that a delay is dangerous for me and to you,e no matter after all you already paid. That reminds of someone quotating #25,000 for wrought iron rails. It will end in premium tears for both client and vendor

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:47am On Jan 21, 2021
michlins:
here's how I survive, I gave someone a quotation three ago, e reach yesterday and I told him it has become invalid. Thank God he understood.

Saturday last week, I bought wrought iron rod and went back on Monday to buy more and the salesgirl was on phone with oga getting updated price list. ₦300/rod is what I paid more and I copped as much as I could that day.

On December, I bought 2.5mm pan and then went back this January to get another and it has increased by #12,000.

But we move!!!

2.5mm be like gold grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:50am On Jan 21, 2021
n3xt:

2.5mm be like gold grin
you have to dig very dip to find it. Very few dealers have it. So the ones that still have it sell at a premium
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:33am On Jan 21, 2021
n3xt:
^^^^

I bet it nothing will happen to the post above. This is Nairaland.
Dangote too small for this group. They want to connect you with Bill Gate, Elon musk and the oracle of Omaha.
Suffered head kill palaver

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1936) (1937) (1938) (1939) (1940) (1941) (1942) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waley007(m), Nachory, rainbowkolors, Godisgreatest1, folmus and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.