Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1943) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391605 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by therealMcCain: 11:49am On Jan 22, 2021
n3xt:

Don’t use burglary proofs! Find alternative means of securing your home.

Have more than 1 exit plan. One of my boss had a terrace to every room.

care to share some of these alternatives especially for a bungalow, I can understand no buglary for storey building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by therealMcCain: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
yungmin:

What happened to the doors?

how will the door help the man in room x and y to escape the fire?

Both rooms have buglary on their windows

The green represent the entry/exit points of the building(as obtainable in most houses in nigeria)

If you are the one, how will you escape the fire?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
You can calls us for your plumbing work anywhere in Nigeria at afford prize ... With good quality job sirs and ma's ...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 12:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
therealMcCain:

The green represent the entry/exit points of the building(as obtainable in most houses in nigeria)

This is an ongoing conversation, even discussed over the last couple of days here.

I would suggest one of the windows in Bedrooms X and Y should feature an openable 'buglary proof' window. Presumably the window closest to the bed since you want to reach it as quickly as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj-FPX8ThKs
I saw this as a solution manufactured in Ghana and we are made to understand there are Nigerian Artisans available to produce such. Brabus (aka N3xt) provided some numbers as well.

From my experience, you would need to step outside this forum to go seek a solution as it does not appear to be high in the list of most people's considerations here. If it were, one of the metalworking or window supply artisans here would have run with it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
This is real food for thought...

therealMcCain:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
BiigTee:
Good morning everyone, i have been a long time observer but i have been pushed out of the shadows because of this Cement issue.. Does anyone foresee any price reduction and how soon will it be? I have put a project on hold since November because of Cement and my iron rods are rusting on site! ��..

Since your site is in Atan, I can get cement for you at 3,100...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
We cannot, but forever keep doing the best we know how to do.

Granite, Sharp Sand, Iron Rod, Cement. Pocket friendly.
Anywhere 30tons Granite now ₦215,000(LAGOS) except iyana Iba to Badagry.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
Dangote Cement now ₦2,800. If in Lagos ring me now. Minimum order 300bags.

Things is getting sharp in the Cement industry now.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
New arrival (in stock)Spanish tiles,30*60 and carara white 60*60
TELL:09077504287,07062955047
Agric market Odun-ade �

I guess you don't know how to put the price
Keep playing

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
Need a professional to install your building's P.O.P ceiling? Screed the walls to make it as smooth as glass? Install all kinds of P.O.P designs like wall demarcation, T.v stand, wine cabinets and the likes? Install Roman arch at the entrance and dinning? Windows and doors art? Pillar and column designs?

Contact us at His Grace Interiors for the best of the best at affordable prices.
Our reputation precedes us, especially here on Nairaland.
You can check all our other threads here on NL for further info.
A trial, I'm sure , will definitely convince you.

You can reach us on +2347069462837 or hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com for further information and enquiries.
We're available 24/7 anywhere in Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jedisco(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2021
money121:

Thanks so much for your patronage!!
For your next Roofing Project
Call/Whatsapp 08085310359

Do you do jobs in the North?... Abuja- Kaduna axis

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
paparazzi82:

Pls ignore all this amount flying up and down. Just start with what you have on ground and make sure you are on ground or have someone trustworthy when the building kickstart.
Presently building 3bedroom duplex and 2unitsbof 2bedroom flat and am yet to spend up to 20million

Remaining tiles, electrical and plumbing fittings, rails, kitchen and wardrobe cabinet, screeding and painting

Pls dont allow anyone tension you

God bless you my brother.
I once mentioned that for my 4bed duplex at same stage as yours...I had not spent over 11m...some here were casting aspertions and disbelief till I said one of the best NL Engrs built it, then they soft paddled.

Start building and be present if you can. Buy your materials and use experts and their advice.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
CANADIAN SOLAR PANELS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ORDER !!

Canadian solar panels:
335w poly.......70,000
355w mono ...80,000
385w mono....85,000
435w mono....95,000

Datasheet also available on request

Clubbing energy efficiency with renewable energy will give us the much-needed window to incubate the renewable energy sector, particularly large solar, without having to increase the price of electricity. - by Jamshyd Godrej

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
@n3xt Our recent final sub-circuit terminations

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
topsy23:
@n3xt Our recent final sub-circuit terminations

My Oga, this is thick!

I’ll recommend this to one of my ogas who’s working on a multi-dwelling unit. I’m sure this quality of job will be needed in his ongoing project.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
ceelog:

I once mentioned that for my 4bed duplex at same stage as yours...I had not spent over 11m...some here were casting aspertions and disbelief till I said one of the best NL Engrs built it, then they soft paddled.

Start building and be present if you can. Buy your materials and use experts and their advice.

Interesting.......
What year did you do this and which of the Nigerian state?
Also how many of your rooms are standard size of 12*12ft

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
@N3XT baba, what is the update on Lafarge?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by asskush: 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
Hello All,

Experts in the house , kindly assist me to validate below quotation for 3 bedroom house roofing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
ceelog:

Please, can you show pictures of your 4 bed duplex because I am considering something similar? Hearing such figure is a huge relief to me sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertyVendor(m): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
b]Below are our prices of building materials on 22/01/2021:[/b]

Remember to order your Rods and Cement from our list below as we await your calls.

Visit >>> Latest Prices of Building Materials in Nigeria For more details....

DANGOTE CEMENT 3X 50KG

(100 – 299 bags) ===> N 2,650

(300 – 600 bags) ===> N 2,650

For Truck Price Call : 070-6481-6581

REINFORCEMENT STEEL BARS

25mm Rods (22 Pieces) per tonne ============> 308,000.00 NGN

25mm Rod One Full Length ============> 14,000.00 NGN

20mm Rods (34 Pieces) per tonne ============> 272,000.00 NGN

20mm Rod One Full Length ============> 8,000.00 NGN

16mm Rods (53 Pieces) per tonne ============> 246,000.00 NGN

16mm Rod One Full Length ============> 4,650.00 NGN

12mm Rods (94 Pieces) per tonne ============> 247,000.00 NGN

12mm Rod One Full Length ============> 2,650.00 NGN

Call : 070-6481-6581

10mm Rods (135 Pieces) per tonne ===========> 262,000.00 NGN

10mm Rod One Full Length ===========> 1,950.00 NGN

8mm Rods (210 pieces) per tonne ============> 280,000.00 NGN

8mm Rod One Full Length ============> 1,350.00 NGN

Quarter Rods ( Long ) 50 pieces per bundle ========> 25,000.00 NGN

Quarter Rods ( Medium ) 50 pieces per bundle ========> 17,500.00 NGN

Quarter Rods (Short ) 50 pieces per bundle =======> 12,500.00 NGN

Binding Wires (3kg, 8kg, 10kg, 12kg, 15kg, 20kg) =========> Price Ranges per Kilogram

Call,

Fidelis070-6481-6581 || 080-7590-2447

Note:

Prices are same on all locations in Benin-City / Delta State.
Free delivery for all items listed (Long Distance May Attract Extra Charges).
Prices are based on bulk discounts and apply when you buy in large quantities.
Prices are at current rates and may change later due to market forces.

Latest Prices of Building Materials in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2021
Cement is already 2800 at atan Ota..

KolaShangOne
post=98323320:

Since your site is in Atan, I can get cement for you at 3,100...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Norrah(f): 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
For Sale: Rent To Own Properties are available at Bella Court, Meadow Hall Way, Ikate, Lekki. Move into your home with a deposit of N20m and pay balance at your convenience over 2-15 years. Call 09080702018 today for enquiries, inspection and payment.

Here are some of the reasons why you should invest in properties at Bella Court:
• Prime location
• Guaranteed capital appreciation
• Availability of mortgage and convenient payment plans
• Urban vicinity
• Tarred and interlocked road from the expressway.
• Quick and easy access to the Lekki-Epe Expressway
• Work life balance.

Available Property Types:
• 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex in Bella Court 1, Ikate, Lekki - N55,000,000
• 5 Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex in Court 3, Ikate, Lekki - N85,000,000

Features
• All rooms en-suite
• 2 Sitting rooms
• 4-6 Bedrooms
• 5-6 Toilets/Bath
• Store in Kitchen
• Sufficient car parking space
• POP ceiling
• Fitted kitchen
• Industrial borehole Water
• Security Guards
• Fully interlocked compound etc

Subscribe now. Do not miss this opportunity. A Very limited number of units are available. Call/Whatsapp 09080702018 or email norao@casafina.com.ng

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 7:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Cement currently #2900 in my area in Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
neduboo:
Cement currently #2900 in my area in Lagos

Where is that?

I told them, we are going to 2k per bag wink wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
folmus:

Where is that?

I told them, we are going to 2k per bag wink wink

Mainland
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
RichyBendollar:
Please house help me look into this plan

Please scratch this plan.

Seek out an architect that can draw a better floor plan for you.

This flow is all whacked.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
folmus:
@N3XT baba, what is the update on Lafarge?

I’ve been busy lately. It’s 2600 at my end. We are pushing towards 2450 in not too distant future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
Dijita:

Is there no way we can have a door-like window burglary that can be open in the way we open front door burglary out. Such design may be helpful in situation like this

That’s standard on all my builds.

Frankly I don’t know how folks can sleep well knowing that they are trapped.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
Bought 50 bags of cement today at ₦2900

Later in the evening, I called a distributor directly from Dangote, who said she would have given it to me at ₦2750 per bag.

Although the driver said it's ₦2500 from Dangote Factory

What's the situation in your area?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrinceLat(m): 8:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
New arrival (in stock)Spanish tiles,30*60 and carara white 60*60
TELL:09077504287,07062955047
Agric market Odun-ade �

I believe the purpose of you posting is to get people's interest in what you are selling and someone on here ask for the price instead of responding, you're posting more pictures with phone number and address, i bet you didn't know, if you'd answered him, there are plenty people in the background waiting to compare and patronize you if your offer is better.

Please do the needful, add prices to whatever you're selling.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
asskush:
Hello All,

Experts in the house , kindly assist me to validate below quotation for 3 bedroom house roofing

Site location pls
This price is much
Flatsheet price shuld not be thesame as roofing sheet price
If you can give us chance for measurement i will connect u with my installer
Let talk on whatsapp 08085310359
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
No allow them swindle you of your hard earned money. Fascia for 180k for a 300+ roof area. If the total length of the fascia is 100m. For a width of 0.3m, the area should be around 30sqm. I no be professional ooo, but such simple calculations can help serve as a guide. Get three to four quotations. Including from respected nairaland roofers
asskush:
Hello All,

(1) (2) (3) ... (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.