Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1969) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369894 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1966) (1967) (1968) (1969) (1970) (1971) (1972) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2021
michlins:
Good evening everyone. Happy new month. Make this month sure for us

Happy New Month Bro! A big amen to your prayer.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 10:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
Surulogba1:
Good day everyone ,
I got a quotation for a window so wanted to check with pple here if its okay
Its a Casement window with burglary and net (3in 1):
1200 x 1200 @48,500 (this is for all the big windows)
600 x700 @ 22,500 (bathroom window)
It also include installation price . Hope this is a fair price
PS: he wants to use 4mm Glass (or something like that)
Also , Is there a major disadvantage of using 0.45mm aluminum roofing sheet (Long span) over the 0.55mm (I am looking at cutting some cost so i want to weigh the option )
Thanks in anticipation for reply

There is absolutely no disadvantage of using 0,45 as against 0,55 ...only difference is guage...0,55 is 10mm thicker....not sure where your building is located...but ensure you get the long span from a known and good company so as to be sure of you paid for is what would be delivered .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nairaner(m): 10:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
BrabusNG:

There are so many options to chose from. Someone is just going to give reasons why naija is different and why proposed alternative can’t or won’t work.

________
Pic 1 - Parquet Floor, Tiles/Rug, Glazed Tiles
Pic 2 - Parquet Floor inside NextHome H52
Pic 3 & 4 - Before and After pics

________
I’ve been rocking same floor at home for years.

BOSUN DAVIES!!!! You are still flaunting old projects probably in a bid to further defraud people just like you have defrauded me in 2016 on my incompleted simple fence project. You still HAVE NOT refunded the funds you argreed to payback. This IS 1 Feb 2021. I keep letting potential victims know YOUR fraudulent ways. Everybody BEWARE!!! He is good at packaging himself to appear legit but will not complete or deliver as promised. In my case i lost over 3M to him. He agreed to return it but forever had excuses. BE WARNED!!!! I still have my photos and petitions to post on here just incase he choses to deny. I still await my refund...You will pay it some how yes .... even 4 year on...

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lovelani(m): 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2021
n3xt:

@lovelani HOD Nairaland Properties

I feel you bro....I understand you're not so happy that I corrected you when others kept mute...... You've got more than 3-4handles on this same site..... I honestly don't know your aim for that ......but coz of my addiction and love for this forum.....this your Sarcastic quote should just slide.....ọmó buruku ní ọjọ tí ẹ

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
twinskenny:
Happy new month my people.

Check us out on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Surulogba1: 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2021
Thanks so much . Building is at Abeokuta. Any recommendation of any Good company there that sells longspan will also be appreciated .

dongc:

There is absolutely no disadvantage of using 0,45 as against 0,55 ...only difference is guage...0,55 is 10mm thicker....not sure where your building is located...but ensure you get the long span from a known and good company so as to be sure of you paid for is what would be delivered .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
Surulogba1:
Good day everyone ,
I got a quotation for a window so wanted to check with pple here if its okay
Its a Casement window with burglary and net (3in 1):
1200 x 1200 @48,500 (this is for all the big windows)
600 x700 @ 22,500 (bathroom window)
It also include installation price . Hope this is a fair price
PS: he wants to use 4mm Glass (or something like that)
Also , Is there a major disadvantage of using 0.45mm aluminum roofing sheet (Long span) over the 0.55mm (I am looking at cutting some cost so i want to weigh the option )
Thanks in anticipation for reply

Good evening boss I can offer you with this amount, that is thick imported price with installation [3 in1]
1200 x 1200=40k
600 x 700=18k
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Surulogba1: 12:36am On Feb 02, 2021
Can you deliver at Abeokuta for this price ? If yes how fast can you deliver .

RockOfAgesAlumi:

Good evening boss I can offer you with this amount, that is thick imported price with installation [3 in1]
1200 x 1200=40k
600 x 700=18k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 1:18am On Feb 02, 2021
Surulogba1:
Can you deliver at Abeokuta for this price ? If yes how fast can you deliver .

Yes
It depends on the number of the window

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olatheo(m): 1:19am On Feb 02, 2021
smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Surulogba1: 1:28am On Feb 02, 2021
10 (1200x1200) and 4 (600 x 700)

RockOfAgesAlumi:

Yes
It depends on the number of the window
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 1:55am On Feb 02, 2021
Surulogba1:
10 (1200x1200) and 4 (600 x 700)

1 week with installation
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:55am On Feb 02, 2021
lovelani:

I feel you bro....I understand you're not so happy that I corrected you when others kept mute...... You've got more than 3-4handles on this same site..... I honestly don't know your aim for that ......but coz of my addiction and love for this forum.....this your Sarcastic quote should just slide.....ọmó buruku ní ọjọ tí ẹ

Here’s the big difference

Great minds solve problems, small minds discuss people.
Interestingly, the smart ones know the difference.

gbengress1:
Hello guys,

I got a 450 square metre land with 37.5m length and 12.6m width.
I want to build a storey building comprising of 4 bedroom flat, 4 units of 2 bedroom flat but I want the 4 bedroom flat to have a different compound from the other flats.
I spoke with an architect, he said I can achieve that except for the different compound issue. Alternatively, he said I can only achieve the compound objective, if I can reduce the 2 units of 4 bedroom flat to 2 units of 2 bedroom flats and 2 room and parlour self contain.
Architects in the house, what do you think?

To architects and designers out there, don’t tell your clients it’s impossible. Listen to their ideas and show them why it might not work.

Problem fixed.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:05am On Feb 02, 2021
nairaner:

BOSUN DAVIES!!!! You are still flaunting old projects probably in a bid to further defraud people just like you have defrauded me in 2016 on my incompleted simple fence project. You still HAVE NOT refunded the funds you argreed to payback. This IS 1 Feb 2021. I keep letting potential victims know YOUR fraudulent ways. Everybody BEWARE!!! He is good at packaging himself to appear legit but will not complete or deliver as promised. In my case i lost over 3M to him. He agreed to return it but forever had excuses. BE WARNED!!!! I still have my photos and petitions to post on here just incase he choses to deny. I still await my refund...You will pay it some how yes .... even 4 year on...

This is serious o. And this one weak me Hope you can respond to this.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 7:37am On Feb 02, 2021
My Oga Bosses in the house, please I got a quote from someone that he will drill a borehole for meband need your inputs.

1.Full casing at NGN 7,500 per meter
2.Half casing (Hanging) at NGN 4,500 per meter.
3. Survey @ NGN 20,000.

The prevailing depth of existing borehole that I have heard in the area is from 70m to 150m depending on the topography of where you land are. For a site that was like 50m from where my land got water @ 70m.

IS THERE ANY FACTORS/AREAS I NEED TO ALSO LOOK OUT FOR

Cc:Ne3t/Next, EgunsBaba, Gbadexy, TwinsKenny, my able engineers in the house, Oga Hajji the Boss etc etc.

Please help I have to make the decision today, location is ABUJA
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:40am On Feb 02, 2021
folmus:

This is serious o. And this one weak me Hope you can respond to this.

Baba the issue weak me pass you but here’s what I’ve learnt over the years “In difficult situations, leaders lead.”

I’m completely at loss on how to handle this without sounding defensive and insensitive.

However, if we are to deal with this maturely, a lot of lessons will be learnt (land owners, contractors etc). It has a lot to do with the Ibeju Lekki lands we discussed few weeks ago.

_______

@nairaner, I’m not sure what I did that led you to conclude I am a fraud. Could you tell me exactly where I went wrong?
Please kindly feel free to express yourself on what I could have done different.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nabiz(m): 7:41am On Feb 02, 2021
zuraking:
nabiz
search for him on nairaland. His job is hot.
thank bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nabiz(m): 7:42am On Feb 02, 2021
boyestic:
Anyone into concrete stamping?drop your number,thanks.
Good morning. 08135884401
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:51am On Feb 02, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:
My Oga Bosses in the house, please I got a quote from someone that he will drill a borehole for meband need your inputs.

3. Survey @ NGN 20,000.

The prevailing depth of existing borehole that I have heard in the area is from 70m to 150m depending on the topography of where you land are. For a site that was like 50m from where my land got water @ 70m.

Cc:Ne3t/Next, EgunsBaba, Gbadexy, TwinsKenny, my able engineers in the house, Oga Hajji the Boss etc etc.

cc: rotecch77
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:02am On Feb 02, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:

3. Survey @ NGN 20,000.

Cc: N3xt, EgunsBaba, Gbadexy, TwinsKenny, my able engineers in the house, Oga Hajji the Boss etc etc.

Greetings bro!

I really don’t know much about borehole business. My experience with the guys has always been horrible.

Despite carrying out a survey which was conducted and signed by a Prof in Adeyemi College of Education in Ondo State, we still got no water in one of my project.
Many other stories of low yield, blocked boreholes/collapse has made me to place a caveat on borehole drilling.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olatheo(m): 8:23am On Feb 02, 2021
embarassed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 8:26am On Feb 02, 2021
nairaner:

Hello, can you please shed more light? Some of us joined NL not too long ago so we may not know.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:45am On Feb 02, 2021
He has now asked you to state clearly what he did wrong
Please shed more light so we can understand the full details.
@Brabus

Can you also tell us why you decided not to refund after agreeing to refund if accurate?

Building is not cheap o, so losing money in the process of building can be devastating.

nairaner:

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 8:47am On Feb 02, 2021
nabiz:
thank bro
how much per sqm now. Ordinary no painting.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:54am On Feb 02, 2021
As advised the first time you spoke about depression https://www.nairaland.com/6370449/im-dying-depression/1, did you take the advise of getting your hands busy by doing something with your hands?

If yes, what have you been doing?
If no, why have you not picked up something to do no matter how small?

Hope you know begging reduces your ability to think out of the box?
Olatheo:
b Sir, it's unusual of me to beg, just that things are very hard now, that is the reason behind hiding of identity. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:01am On Feb 02, 2021
nairaner:

Chai, very unfortunate shocked

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:12am On Feb 02, 2021
Happy new month friends.

I'm still offering quantity surveying services bordering on;

1) Preparation of projected estimated cost of construction which can be achieved either through bill of quantity or schedule of materials and labour.

2) Assisting in tendering procedures. Most construction contracts are won through competitive tendering. Contractors need to submit winning bid to win a contractor. I can help you achieve that.

3) Valuation of ongoing construction works on site. As a client, contractor or businessman, you might want to know the monetary amount of ongoing construction projects, I can help you achieve that.

4) Advise on choice of procurement method.

5) Project management.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olatheo(m): 9:18am On Feb 02, 2021
smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2021
Olatheo:
as I'm replying your comment now, I'm at site doing my networking training and Electrical installation but need little change to hold myself. Thanks
Hopefully you are being sincere. It's in your own best interest not to get comfortable receiving free money. Like the poster earlier said, it won't make you leave your comfort zone and aspire higher.
I'm sure you will some assistance since you have something doing and need to survive pending till when you are independent.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:53am On Feb 02, 2021
Fair enough.
Olatheo:
as I'm replying your comment now, I'm at site doing my networking training and Electrical installation but need little change to hold myself. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:09am On Feb 02, 2021
erico2k2:

I think 1524sqm is one full plot

One full plot is 465SQM. That's the generally accepted value used by Land Surveyors for calculation.

But different States have 100*50(ft) and 60*120(ft) as full plot. I have also come see some places that give 100*100(ft) as full plot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1966) (1967) (1968) (1969) (1970) (1971) (1972) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.