Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,042 members, 7,814,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1989) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4381423 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) (1991) (1992) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
Greenarrow01:

Where else do people get these kinds of freebie jnfor

Pls let's just overlook the effort of these people.
I am.not a contractor, but any one here who dishes out advice/opinion is doing good.
People come here with plans for scrutiny, boq and estimates for advice, etc. Maybe people have successfully built their house on this thread without paying a dime to any site manager, purely supervising their project from start to finish.
A lot of DIY projects equally got completed on here.
Let's appreciate everyone contributing to this thread abeg

That is not all. Some persons who are now calling themselves engineers/contractors actually learnt all there is in the industry on this thread from A-Z but are bragging and raising high showders.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chizagi: 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2021
neduboo:

What's is the cost of it?
300 x 300 = 4800 per meter
350 x 300 = 5300 per meter
450 x 450 = 5800 per meter

price includes cost of installation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2021
for your

electrical
cctv
fire alarm
whole house audio
electric fence installations

dont hesitate to call us for a perfect and timely delivery

check our thread for previous work done

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
Greenarrow01:
something is happening on this thread that if care is not taken, will lead to something nasty later in future. This same thing happened on the agric thread sometime ago, the guys name was emmachile. Emmachile was like the most resourceful person on the whole agric section, he mentored and helped a whole lots of agric enthusiasts on that section, one day someone came up with a fraud claim, and emmachile was tagged to be a scammer. His named was soiled and man deleted his username and left nairaland. Thousands of pages of information on poultry farming was immediately deleted. After everything, emmachile was vindicated,he was not a scammer and it was just a stupid mistake from the accuser. But all those pages were gone. I have searched and search on his organic poultry with no success.
Same thing is happening to nxt and some other guys here. If someone scammed you, bring proofs and and give detailed explanation on how it happened here for everybody to see and judge, don't just be behind your phone and be labeling people both directly and indirectly as scammers. These might just be minor misunderstanding that can be corrected. no one on here will deny the fact that next had hhelped answered loads of questions on this thread. If you are cheated bring proofs. Spoiling peoples business is not it.
Some people are even claiming he has two or 3 monikers. Funny thing is that he has never denied owing all monikers.
Some are claiming he hijacked kobocity to himself, pls where are the other administrators of this project
Some are saying he is showcasing old works bla bla bla, are they not his work ?
.I am not saying he is not a scammer or he is a scammer, I am saying people should bring proofs.
Labeling people is bad if you can't provide proofs. It scares away potential customers. Even if the accused person is vindicated.
Man is still on the forum
Posting daily, still people are accusing him.

I come in peace.
I am not holding brief for anyone
I just want us to learn from what happened on agric section
Don't mind the typo pls[/b]

If you were here between 2014 ~ 2017 you would probably understand better, When more than a few persons allude to something, then that something is worth investigating

It is their MO to showcase knowledge (whether real or imagined) and provide online assistance in order to gain trust of future victims clients

The records are still there (like 1,000 pages back) for anyone who has time for background checks

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2021
spyder880:
I commissioned Michlins to construct a tank tower for one of my clients. He delivered the materials to the site in less than 24 hours, he completed the welding of the tank stand with concrete footing in a week. I am sure he would have painted this if not that I paid him to start a new gate for us.

Michlins is fast and trustworthy so far, I will give him more work to do.
bross rough cost in total?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2021
qdlvy:

Any idea on how to mitigate high energy costs to keep the home cool all year round?

Good question. Bro, your head is correct. It has never occurred to me about the likelihood of the glass making the interior to be warm. Most of the glass houses I have been to are on ACs all the time which I cant afford. undecided

This is a valid point you made. Lets wait for our engineers to see if there is/are way(s) of keeping the interior cool.

Honestly, I don't know how the coolness of the inside could be maintained without using AC all the time. It is just that I love seeing the outside environment through a clear glass. Definitely, glass will be absorbing heat inside the house - that is the downside of it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:42pm On Feb 10, 2021
erico2k2:

About 600 to N700k

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 7:42pm On Feb 10, 2021
raymondFirstborn:

Glass facades are nice.
Designed and built this for a client in Oshogbo.

https://www.nairaland.com/5582817/construction-four-bedroom-bungalow-pent/8

Bros, you finish work here. See how it is looking beautiful. Are you going to put burglary in that large front glass? from up to down? Is the glass fixed or openable?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
erico2k2:

height and number of tanks you intend to use
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2021
michlins:
height and number of tanks you intend to use

Wrong post. Sorry.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:03pm On Feb 10, 2021
HISTORICAL FUN FACTS

#FUN FACT 1: The  AERL MAXIMIZER™, was  the world’s first truly Universal Maximum Power Point Tracker (MPPT) Manufactured in 1985 by Australian Energy Research Laboratories

#FUN FACT 2: The first Application of Solar energy was in the 7th Century BC where Magnifying glass was used to concentrate sun’s rays to make fire and burn ants.

#FUN FACT 3 : The Luz del Norte 144 MW photovoltaic (PV) power plant, developed and operated by First Solar, is the world's first known utility-scale solar facility licensed to deliver ancillary grid services

#FUN FACT 4: The first “fully solar powered” railway section in India. South Central Railway's Nandyal-Yerraguntla section in Guntakal Division has been declared as the first solar section in India that has all of its stations in one stretch powered by solar panels.

#FUN FACT 5: The first Solar powered Hopstial in Nigeria is the Ozubulu Hospital in Anambra State. Built by Eauxwell, the 7.5 kWp facility has just been commissioned by the REA

Contact us for any of your power inverter , solar system needs as we're affiliated with renewable energy companies enlisted below:

- Solar shop Africa
- Genus
- Luminous
- Felicity
- Icell power
- Proton power
- Foresolar
- Epever
- Cobalt
- Era solar
- JA solar
- Must power
- Prag
- Schneider
- Victron systems
- Canadian solar
- Jinko
- Morningstar
- Magnum
- Midnite
- Ultron systems
- SMA
- Ritar
- Fullriver
- Yingli
- SMS solar lights , batteries & inverter systems
- Keye solar lights
- Multipower
- SMK
- Gennex
- Flames
- Monbat
- Fangpuson
- LD solar
- Apodon
- SRNE
- Vmax
- Ipanda
- Growatts
- Aimspower
- Sorotec
- Voltronic
- Grundfos
- German hoppecke
- German Phocos
- Multifit
- Psmart
- Signeer

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lovelani(m): 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2021
chizagi:

Does this includes materials ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
[quote author=michlins post=98942418] height and number of tanks you intend to use[/quote
1 story building 3 tanks, 2 up one under, have a look at my profile the house is there site PHC
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2021
spyder880:

About 600 to N700k
Noted sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2021
MRFIXER001:
Which location are you?
I ordered for 30tons granite yesterday Lekki @ #180k. So which state are you and why such price?
I doubt the delivery. I also do not know where its coming from. i should hv giving you the simple breakdown of the consignment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2021
BrabusNG:
It’s 48 hours since allegation was raised against Brabus and the simple request made was that the complainant should tell us how it happened.

I purposely asked so that I can know how to respond to the allegation.

Here’s my account (I do not have all the detailed information on the transaction here but I’ll give a brief account)

- Truly we were engaged to construct a fence in Ibeju Lekki area of Lagos state.

- We moved to site immediately we were mobilized.

- On getting to the site, I realized the land has not been cleared and I requested that it should be cleared so that we can know exactly the area we are working.

- The client engaged people to do that and we commence the fence work.

- We started with the right side (when facing land). However on getting midway, we found another old fence which shows someone has done something around that area before a very long time ago. This created a very useless piece of land in between the land we are working on and the old fence found in the bush.

- When we got to the back, we found another fence.

- I informed the client and we continued our job. We proceed to the frontal part of the land.

- As we were about getting to the point we were shown the land ended, some land urchins (omo onile) came to the site and stopped the work.

- I informed the client and he told me one person will come.

- We will get back to site, the dreary guys will accost us in the bush and send us away again and again.

- This continued for a very long time.

- Accessibility was a major issue on the site as we can’t get heavy truck to get to the main site, so we drop granite some distance away from the site.

- For every time we were stopped and left the site, we will notice our materials has been stolen before we got back to site.

- I used NextHome Dump Truck for the delivery of sand which was gotten at Okun, Ibeju Lekki Lagos. I had to park down the truck for weeks awaiting a permanent resolve.

- Whenever we get to site, a faction will tell us the land is here. Another will come and tell us something different. So completing the last side became almost an impossible mission.

- At a point we started digging a place and they told us the land was beyond the line.

- Sigh!!!

- Eventually we did the blinding and raising of 3rd side and the issue wasn’t resolved. The land wasn’t fully cleared. So we left.

- Months after I got a call from someone on behalf of the client and guess what it was DSS inviting me for fraud.

- I went there and they said the client said I collected his money and didn’t do his work. I smiled.

- My client can use DSS against me but can’t provide ordinary vigilante or police to protect us when we were being disturbed in the thick forest. What an irony!
Well, we are first Nigerian before we travel go obodo oyibo land.

- That I got a contract to construct a fence, does it automatically invested power of attorney in me to act anyhow on the land?

- My question has always been “What should I have done?”

- To continue working on the land when I’m not the land owner, not the surveyor, nor member of the omo onile family?

- To stage a serious fight against the omo oniles because I want to impress my client? If I die, I’d be given a state burial abi?

- To park my granite, sand and other materials in my bag and take them to safety until all issues are resolved?

- When the client asked for refund, I asked myself. Am I supposed to tell the granite supplier that “Sorry o! we didn’t use all the granite because omo onile stopped us so the client need a refund?”

- For anyone who’s familiar with Ibeju Lekki land urchin, you’ll know how dreary they are.

Let me stop here. Let’s hear from the other side.

Can I ask my Oga if all these claims are lies?

______

While we were on this project, my client made a double payment of over a million naira to my account and I called his attention to it and transferred the money back to him.

_______

Part 2: Communication Palava

A lot of people in diaspora do one funny thing I’d like to share. They’d use a line no one can reach them on to call their contractors/family members/friends etc so anytime there’s something urgent and important you have to wait for their call.

It’s the most useless thing I’ve ever seen. Please don’t work with people you don’t trust. Work with your family members or trusted allies and make communication as easy as possible.

Life is not difficult if we chose to live simple.

Isn’t it shocking that I just got to know the userid my client after almost 5 years? In fact, the userid just followed me 2 days ago undecided and we were working together on multi-million naira project.

More updates on this in Part 2.

_______

Part 3 - Photobomb

When you not party to the land transaction in the first place, Its best to have a clear understanding with the client, any omo onile or family matters shall be attended to by him.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2021
[quote author=erico2k2 post=98943424][/quote]a replica of what I did for Spyder will cost you 720,000 as at today.

But there's an option. I can use 5 by 3 channel and it will work perfectly also

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:04pm On Feb 10, 2021
beamNIGERIA:

When you not party to the land transaction in the first place, Its best to have a clear understanding with the client, any omo onile or family matters shall be attended to by him.

Do we really have to do a meeting over that? It’s the logical thing.

Besides, it was spelt out in black and white (the scope of the job and the roles of the parties involved).

Here’s one thing I know “When you come up with a N3m lie, you’ll either need another 3 million lies to cover it up or do character assassination.”

When you start seeing “all na packaging grin” “he hijacked...” “he’s posting old projects...” You should know what to expect.

Talk wetin him do... na him be my question. How he take collect N3m from you if you’re not the fraud!

I remain Brabus and I’m here everyday!

Abeg it’s a long day... I need to relax for another exciting day tomorrow.

_____

Na here we dey wey dem accuse brabus of N5m fraud but the person suppose come show us the evidence of N5m collected back from Brabus na.

Mtcheeew!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 10:11pm On Feb 10, 2021
Reminder

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chizagi: 10:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
lovelani:

Does this includes materials ?

it includes everything
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lovelani(m): 10:24pm On Feb 10, 2021
chizagi:

it includes everything

Noted! Your location pls?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chizagi: 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
lovelani:

Noted! Your location pls?
Mowe Ibafo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:54pm On Feb 10, 2021
QSFemi:
I hope this thread get restored to its normal course.

It will

It occasionally gets stormy here at times but the ship rights itself.

In fact Hajj have changed the title a few times over the years in protest.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 11:59pm On Feb 10, 2021
Focusmind:

Bros, you finish work here. See how it is looking beautiful. Are you going to put burglary in that large front glass? from up to down? Is the glass fixed or openable?
Some parts are fixed and not openable . And we would be installing burglary soon, but not the usual Naija style.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:14am On Feb 11, 2021
Joybalaba:
This is what they do when you report them they quickly meet your demands in other for you to delete it, well kemi i will wait for your teams and lawyers to denial my previous post, if you delivered before I report you on NL

The attachment gave me a good laugh.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:57am On Feb 11, 2021
raymondFirstborn:

Glass facades are nice.
Designed and built this for a client in Oshogbo.

https://www.nairaland.com/5582817/construction-four-bedroom-bungalow-pent/8

This is good very good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omonjoe(m): 2:09am On Feb 11, 2021
Hello everyone, does anyone know the current price range for per sq meter pop ceiling design? The pop guy I contacted is charging me #9000 per sq meter (material & installation)
Thank you for your help
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:22am On Feb 11, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 5:43am On Feb 11, 2021
We now offer 10% Discount in all or Apartments in Lakowe IBEJU LEKKI, Ikorodu, ATAN OTA etc

Ranging from 2 bedroom terraced
2 bedroom semi-detached
3 bedroom semi-detached
And 3 bedroom luxury (stand alone).

All our lands in IBEJU LEKKI, ikorodu, Badagry, Atan ota, OWERRI Asaba AWKA etc now comes with 20% Discount.

Hurry while offer lasts... Promo ends 14th February 2021.

For more enquiries pls call or WhatsApp Mr Emenike on 2348038781738 Today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:03am On Feb 11, 2021
Greenarrow01:

Asin you get it.
If someone has a case against someone
Bring it here with solid proofs
Or better still report to relevant authorities.

But spoiling peoples reputation is never it.

And the other contractors have all kept quiet.
Nobodybis even saying a word, some are using his situation to their benefit, funny thing is that this issh will not stop if not nipped in the bud. It is nxt today, it will be someone else tomorrow.
Fraud is very very bad
Baseless accusation is equally bad.

Most people on here are getting info here freeeeeeee
If not for the inputs of these engineers people out there would have scammed them blue black.
Someone is taking his time to answer questions and you are still condemning that person.
People will bring building plans here for scrutiny, something they are normally supposed to pay for, they are getting it for free.
It is well

I Personally commend and appreciate everyone contributing to this page. It is very beneficial to all of us both clients and contractors. It is however not a free bee. It is a market place where people sell to and buy from people they have not met. It is important for us both buyer and seller to protect it. It is not enough to be honest, one must be seen to be honest
I got on Next case because he is an authoritative voice in the forum. When someone level a serious accusation against him and instead of categorically denying the accusation or offer a coherent explanation he was just beating about the bush. Not until 48hrs after that he was able to respond with a defense. The guy with the broken bathroom fittings follow the same pattern he was trying to pick a fight with the accuser instead of defending his name first. People practically drag it out of him before he could say that he has offered to make the accusing client whole since last year. Shouldn't that be the first response to the accuser post?
May be it is a Nigerian thing. Where I am when people level accusation against you the first thing is to deny it or offer an explanation before picking a fight with the accuser
Next could have handle the situation better if he had said; guys I have done business with many people over time and have had disagreement with two or three or thereabout but I didn't owed anyone 3million or promised to repay such to anyone. Please give me time to investigate and I will keep you guys updated.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:18am On Feb 11, 2021
44chux:

If you were here between 2014 ~ 2017 you would probably understand better, When more than a few persons allude to something, then that something is worth investigating

It is their MO to showcase knowledge (whether real or imagined) and provide online assistance in order to gain trust of future victims clients

The records are still there (like 1,000 pages back) for anyone who has time for background checks

The fact that someone has an issue in 2014/17 does not mean that person have not turn a new leaf. A novice or rookies in 2017 ought to have become a skill person in 2021.
A cousin of mine use to tell us to stop looking for her at her old address because she don pack commot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:21am On Feb 11, 2021
chizagi:

Please can you confirm if it is per meter or per square meter

(1) (2) (3) ... (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) (1991) (1992) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: diordaves(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.