Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389988 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:42am On Feb 15, 2021
bixton:

This is one the reasons I said some clients like to play god. It's quite easy to shout someone is fraudulent but now that it's all sorted out he is telling the one assisting in sorting out the issue that he never sent you......

So why in the first instance did you come here to cry fraud.....

All this DC and Marvel studios people inside NL.

Let’s give baba Cribking1 benefit of doubt sir. No one wan die na. Na the area all the Hausa vs Yoruba ethnic crisis dey burst.

Omo olómo là nrán nísé dé t’òrutòru (literarily means It’s another person child we send on late night errand). Toto se bi owe eyin agba.
I hope I got the translation though grin grin

I believe 48 hours is not too short to go and confirm where baba put his N1,369,750. We will patiently wait for the confirmation and retraction of the false allegation of fraud.

Two things here - respect and patience - are virtues of a matured mind.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:44am On Feb 15, 2021
This land is nor for sale. Beware of my son Jamiu grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:02am On Feb 15, 2021
44chux:

That's a typical DIY budget bungalow.

It's not recommended, but it stands ( correlating with similar structures of over 20 years old)

DIY because the planning and supervision is usually done by either owner or his relatives and or any artisan/ recommended bricklayer and the building plan ( if it exits) is usually not stamped by a structural engineer.

The overriding criterion is cost. The sandcrete blocks are load bearing. As long as the soil/foundation can bear the load, there will not be a problem. If there is any differential settlement, cracks will surely develop on the walls. It is usually hoped that if the cracks show up, the lintel "chain" should mitigate it from widening. They shaa added columns at some corners where the land was "somehow"

It’s not my place to critique someone’s pride and joy but every time I see this fancy roof types on affordable homes I wonder.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:08am On Feb 15, 2021
https://www.cslb.ca.gov/

Might be of interest to whomever has data, power and time.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

It’s not my place to critique someone’s pride and joy but every time I see this fancy roof types on affordable homes I wonder.
grin

As a veteran DIY car enthusiast,
What do you say when you see a pimped out old camry LE with chrome rims, pretty low profile tyres, custom hid headlights, front glass tint, android radio unit, headrest dvd player, fancy double exhaust mufflers, blue and red flashing lights on front grille cool.

Keyword is "pride and joy"

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:44am On Feb 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
https://www.cslb.ca.gov/

Might be of interest to whomever has data, power and time.

I really love this. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:45am On Feb 15, 2021
n3xt:

Let’s give baba Cribking1 benefit of doubt sir. No one wan die na. Na the area all the Hausa vs Yoruba ethnic crisis dey burst.

Omo olómo là nrán nísé dé t’òrutòru (literarily means It’s another person child we send on late night errand). Toto se bi owe eyin agba.
I hope I got the translation though grin grin

I believe 48 hours is not too short to go and confirm where baba put his N1,369,750. We will patiently wait for the confirmation and retraction of the false allegation of fraud.

Two things here - respect and patience - are virtues of a matured mind.

Well done brotherly.
Thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Evaowokotomo(f): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2021
Can anyone please recommend a borehole drilling company for me in Ibadan approved by NAFDAC.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by obagoally(m): 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
Evaowokotomo:
Can anyone please recommend a borehole drilling company for me in Ibadan approved by NAFDAC.

Approved by NAFDAC ke? I think the association that approves drilling companies in Nigeria is AWDROP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 12:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N16,000
12v 150a.......N12,000
12v 100a.......N8,000
2v 500a.......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LastWeek1: 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hello House,
Please help me with the calculations of the irons needed for this drawing plan, where pillars needed and also, the market price for this irons. any recommendation ?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omonjoe(m): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
The thing tire me my brother...it has been the fight I have with some artisans....atleast this one tried to itemize his own ...others will just give me total estimate without itemizing angry.
Please I still need help to know if the prices are reasonable.
michlins:
people still dey do quotation like this?

Him no fit type it with #50 at a cyber cafe. How can a vendor state terms and conditions with such
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Evaowokotomo(f): 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
Any reliable and recommended borehole company in Ibadan?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
LastWeek1:
Hello House,
Please help me with the calculations of the irons needed for this drawing plan, where pillars needed and also, the market price for this irons. any recommendation ?

Thank you.

This is not how to do it sir. You need a structural drawing to be able to estimate the quantity of iron rods needed and where they're needed.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
erico2k2:

where U at?anywhere near PH?
Sorry for not answering you on time sir,
For the work we travel nation wide though we dwel in Lagos and Ogun state but as for the Ph there is no problem about that we can travel there for work
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
n3xt:

Update:

Why has mountmoriah not shown up here to tell us his own side of the story blah blah?

Attached is the screenshot of his nairaland profile. He was banned by a moderator for derailing a thread. undecided

Imagine I didn’t step in to update this platform on the progress made so far...

Values are promoted by what we do, not what we talk about.

I'm a novice with nairaland's modus operandi, but i guess the ban came off quite early. No longer February 20 smiley

______

Truly, I was a novice. Clarification and enlightenment has been provided by N3xt below.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
Omonjoe:
The thing tire me my brother...it has been the fight I have with some artisans....atleast this one tried to itemize his own ...others will just give me total estimate without itemizing angry.
Please I still need help to know if the prices are reasonable.
dm me the measurements so I can ask around here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 2:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
n3xt:

You're right on the bolded. When you're banned on nairaland, it's only you that see the ban status. Other viewers can still see your profile and the last time you were online. However, you won't be able to comment, modify or like posts.

I hope you get it now. He's on one month ban from January 20 to February 20. Nairaland admin and mods can't deny this. Check his last post.

Remember to thank me sha for sharing knowledge. grin grin I hope you'd go back and clear your last post once you verify my irrefutable claim.

______

Everyone wan form FBI sha.

Merci! Another knowledge gained. But I will need to call Seun and confirm smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 3:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
Omonjoe:
Hello everyone, could someone help me vet this quote for casement window with burglary .
Thanks

May be the quotation is for TOWER MATERIAL,

but if you don't mind this quotation is for THICK IMPORTED MATERIAL
with installation
1500 x1200=48k
1900 x 1450=52k
1200 x 1000=40k
900 x 1200=32k
900 x 1400=40k
600 x 700=20k
300 x 1400=20k
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeffdaniel(m): 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

with installation
1500 x1200=48k
1900 x 1450=52k
1200 x 1000=40k
900 x 1200=32k
900 x 1400=40k
600 x 700=20k
300 x 1400=20k
Thanks

Are these prices with burglary?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
jeffdaniel:

Are these prices with burglary?
Yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Evaowokotomo(f): 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2021
Please how much is geophysical survey in Ibadan? Any recommendation from here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
44chux:

grin

As a veteran DIY car enthusiast,
What do you say when you see a pimped out old camry LE with chrome rims, pretty low profile tyres, custom hid headlights, front glass tint, android radio unit, headrest dvd player, fancy double exhaust mufflers, blue and red flashing lights on front grille cool.

Keyword is "pride and joy"

Apples to Oranges.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Been following your thought process with @skimanski
My own opinion here..

I think what mechanization does is to Increase Efficiency, reduce cost of labour in the LONG RUN, reduce safety risk

Basically, in terms of comparative cost, machines are better. But
you have to consider project size, economy, client and price of labour just like @skimanski said.

-These machines cost ALOT to buy and maintain
-They need trained professionals to operate them at a cost.

You cannot expect me to move into a site with equipments running into millions of naira into a site where the BABA IJEBU wants to pay so low.

Oga @ericko2k2 and other people living in the diaspora, you know that Technicians charge you per hour, right? Convert that 50-100$ per hour to Naira and I know damn well you can't pay it here..

For the example of a tiler, you expect a Nigerian tiler who has taken pain to buy a laser lever, a spirit level or some other expensive machine and then price him at 200 per sqm and expect a flawless job. But there will always be someone else to do it for cheaper and that's what you get with fallen parapets n so on.. What you pay for is what you get.

I have experience in Robotics and Automation. When experts are flown in, they spend 2hrs on the machine, take 5 hours to smoke in the open and they are done with work for that day taking home 7hours pay.

We know it's hard to make those dollars in the West but the way we expect things to work here while condemning our underpaid artisans is bad.

The DIY process is actually the way forward. It will save you lots of cost
this is so apt. Anytime you're in Nnewi, I go buy you drinks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaoye15(m): 5:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
[quote author=Evaowokotomo post=99094181]Please how much is geophysical survey in Ibadan? Any recommendation from

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omonjoe(m): 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
It was for 5mm glass.
What's the different between tower and thick imported?
What mm is your quote?
I will need a comprehensive quote for casement window with bulgary and net ,installation and transportation to Ekpoma, Edo state
Thank you
RockOfAgesAlumi:

with installation
1500 x1200=48k
1900 x 1450=52k
1200 x 1000=40k
900 x 1200=32k
900 x 1400=40k
600 x 700=20k
300 x 1400=20k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EazyMoh(m): 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
n3xt:

It has been a very long time.

Arena is more like a civilized market in Lagos state. Maybe because of the armies sha grin

Let me help you with a contact in Arena.

Call Daniel 0703 946 0321 and send him the picture of what you want so that he can help you check it in the tools section.

He’s in the market and I’ve transacted lot of business through him without leaving my house. He’ll gladly do it for a token. I hope he’s able to get it though.
Good evening sir,
I met Daniel at the market. Very energetic and nice dude.
Unfortunately we couldn't get what I was looking for. Most of what they had were portable drilling machines.
If there is any other way I could get it without shipping from Aliexpress.
Thank you once again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

with installation
1500 x1200=48k
1900 x 1450=52k
1200 x 1000=40k
900 x 1200=32k
900 x 1400=40k
600 x 700=20k
300 x 1400=20k
Thanks
I am at this stage,please what is the difference between the TOWER MATERIAL and THICK IMPORTED MATERIAL?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2021
EazyMoh:

Good evening sir,
I met Daniel at the market. Very energetic and nice dude.
Unfortunately we couldn't get what I was looking for. Most of what they had were portable drilling machines.
If there is any other way I could get it without shipping from Aliexpress.
Thank you once again.

Ohk. Glad he could help. Stuffs like that comes once in a blue moon.

I’ll ask my construction equipment supplier.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Apples to Oranges.
Them no dey play with you?
Lol

I agree shaa, wrong joke

(1) (2) (3) ... (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.