Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4397711 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
diordaves:

This is the way to go. You can't browbeat an apology from the client in these circumstances. The contractor has got enough support from contributors to counter the fraud allegation (the internet never forgets also). I'm with you on this, let both contractor and client now sort themselves out and I'm sure if they do, the client may come out here with updated information.

Considering that the client equally uses his moniker for commercial activities here and has a twitter presence, naming and shaming will be bad for him(equivalent to beating out an apology). But that should be when all other means fail.
I prefer to wait until mountmoriah comes back from his bann. I just don't want to believe anybody can be that vindictive and unreasonable.
Meanwhile client is constantly coming online to quietly read our comments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
GoodFaith:

with clear goals and objective equal to meeting of the mind in contract Law
I don't talk about Nigeria politics
Because it is sour
I don't talk about politics
When it come to politics at work I only make smart comment to people
To let they know i know their politics
I bought a small bell from Vatican city few year back
I took it to work I am not sure why
When few dude start talking their trash politics
I will start ringing the bell they will zip it up

I will give the dude a chance - we will see

I have done few deal with dfammeguy--- he had issue with somebody here
will that stop me from doing business with him NO----but we are going to have a clear goals regarding waybill breakable thing

I Called Michlins's about a week ago to call friend so he can get the job
I have giving Michlins's phone number to other firend

thanks for the referral. I have spoken to the man
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2021
uncleteeh:

This statement of urs is of hate, I will not pay you in your coin.
Other folks offering their recommendations here on are not lesser humans.

Why will you want to private chat just to recommend?

Anyway I believe other noble forum mates have responded appropriately to the request.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GM008: 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2021
n3xt:

Yes the price includes pump. You just need to chose the pump you want to arrive at final cost

Is this something you guys do or can you put me contact with someone that can help with this?
Another question, can bore hole water be filtered to become drinkable?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omonjoe(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
Thanks man.
I will contact you early next month to get a proper quote and get started
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Concerning your question the difference between tower and thick imported is that tower is stronger than thick imported but both of them does the same work like wise the price differ tower material price is higher than thick imported
The glass is 5mm
As for the transportation if the work is much we can get the materials around that place and fabricate it at your site and install it there so if we are to buy the materials here in Lagos the money for transportation to that place will be much
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
GM008:

Is this something you guys do or can you put me contact with someone that can help with this?

I can provide you a contact for this in Sagamu. Peace 07030189023

You'll have to install a filtration tank.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2021
GM008:

The water can be treated for human consumption (the water will be taking to laboratory for test and certificate will be issue for if need be)
We have done many like that
Check the pic of the one we did for a member here in Ajax axis

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2021
44chux:

Considering that the client equally uses his moniker for commercial activities here and has a twitter presence, naming and shaming will be bad for him(equivalent to beating out an apology). But that should be when all other means fail.
I prefer to wait until mountmoriah comes back from his bann. I just don't want to believe anybody can be that vindictive and unreasonable.
Meanwhile client is constantly coming online to quietly read our comments.

I don't think we should embark on a naming and shaming ping pong. Two wrongs don't make a right. It is now very clear what happened. There is enough information about the incident online from start to finish. So any prospective client researching both parties for patronage or otherwise would have all the information to make a constructive decision. I don't think the contractor's reputation will be tarnished in any meaningful way by this singular incident. The incident was well trashed with depth by so well-meaning forum members and a manifest judgement has been reached - No fraud was evidenced, so let's move on.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:
Please anyone with a cst estimate or information to share ontank scaffold?
i want to raise a 40ft tank scaffold using H Channel metals .
any headsup on cost estimation and important facts/areas i need to look out for or note.
many thanks all.
sample attached of what i am considering in doing.
CC: Rotech,Ne3xt, hajji. twinskenny , skimanski, abdulwastex, spyder , Egunmogaji, etc .

Prepare something in region of 750-850k
You also need to consider the foundation depth that will suits the scaffolding
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2021
Enyinne:
Till now the person that was shouting Fraudster is yet to be seen nor find it worthwhile to come on this same forum to Tender unreserved apology to the youngman. Some people will buy #10 item and destroy an empire in the name of patronage.
He should also apologize to you as well....calling you names were disrespectful...we will all be patiently waiting for that...

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2021
sinorte:
Please I need your advice on external wall screeding before painting.

I would really love to screed before painting, at least to correct some cracks (i think resulting from plastering), but was thinking painting, especially when well done, should be able to 'cover it up'. Cost is another reason why I might hold back on the screeding.

What do you think please?

Gbadexy, N3xt

It's doable sir. I've already discussed it and sent pictures of similar ones done.
Here is a link for general information.
https://www.nairaland.com/4577731/ongoing-painting-pictures-nairalanders-lekki

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GM008: 6:11pm On Feb 16, 2021
rotecch77:

The water can be treated for human consumption (the water will be taking to laboratory for test and certificate will be issue for if need be)

Very Interesting, roughly how much will a complete filtered bore hole system cost in Sagamu if you guys were going to implement?
If I may ask, what are the blue cylinders for & how often will they be replaced?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 6:16pm On Feb 16, 2021
rotecch77:

If someone already has borehole, tank stand etc..

What would be the approximate cost to install this water filtration equipment?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
GM008:

Very Interesting, roughly how much will a complete filtered bore hole system cost in Sagamu if you guys were going to implement?
If I may ask, what are the blue cylinders for & how often will they be replaced?

I don’t know much bore will cost you in Shagamu but I know the area have diff soil nature this make the diff in cost.
The blue cylinder there is water treatment plant setup, it’s also available in stainless steel.
You don’t need to change the cylinder (it’s last longer)
The only things to change ones the you notice the water is due for services is the chemical content loaded inside it, this can come ones or trice in a year depends on the real nature of your water from the bore hole.

I believed I have answered your questions
More questions are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2021
Takoro13:
Good day guys, my in-law has been looking round to buy a sound and healthy 10ton tipper. I will appreciate if someone can help us out.

10tonne I would guess Mercedes-Benz 911,113 ??

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2021
Badgers14:

Ones you have those mentioned
The only thing needed is the water filtration set up this depends on your.
- location.
- current state of your bore hole water.
- size of the building/ the occupant.
- type of water pump ( this is for the treatment plant only)

But something in region of 150k -450k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2021
Na that poultry house wey He build dey shake em grin thats why he can turn the house upside down so he can get noticed . Throwing insult in all directions. See as he rubbished someone business freely . E pain me sha . grin I hate injustice
dongc:

He should also apologize to you as well....calling you names were disrespectful...we will all be patiently waiting for that...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2021
valencia2012:

It's almost 48 hours indeed, yet Cribking1 and Mountmoriah remain silent on this issue. Don't you get the message? One decided to speak rather than act and the other acting rather than speaking.
No-one should be forced to apologise to anyone. At the same time, we should not cry more than the "bereaved". Let's treat this matter as closed until those involved bring it up again. Am sure we are all very busy.
Correct!!!Who knows what had happened behind the scene between them, hence the silence from both parties .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:08pm On Feb 16, 2021
Badgers14:

Here are another one done for diff member here
... about 5-6years ago through Hajji mufutau.

1st one in ikeja gra
The second one in ogun state

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2021
diordaves:

I don't think we should embark on a naming and shaming ping pong. Two wrongs don't make a right. It is now very clear what happened. There is enough information about the incident online from start to finish. So any prospective client researching both parties for patronage or otherwise would have all the information to make a constructive decision. I don't think the contractor's reputation will be tarnished in any meaningful way by this singular incident. The incident was well trashed with depth by so well-meaning forum members and a manifest judgement has been reached - No fraud was evidenced, so let's move on.

Personally I think this is an absolute win for the vendor. If a client will take time to read the trail.

I personally wouldn’t want a client that’ll judge me based on one singular misstep. It’s a different matter if it’s a pattern.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
dongc:

10tonne I would guess Mercedes-Benz 911,113 ??

How much are well sorted one’s going for?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2021
rotecch77:

1st one in ikeja gra

What is maintenance like in this water filtration units?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Personally I think this is an absolute win for the vendor. If a client will take time to read the trail.

I personally wouldn’t want a client that’ll judge me based on one singular misstep. It’s a different matter if it’s a pattern.
Problem is that some potential clients feel they don't have time for in-depth profiling.
They just do an on-the-spot surface check for red flags. Remember we are in a zoo, and seeking redress is challenging especially with all this post-millennials (generation-z)
Not everyone has that wisdom that comes with age and experience.
And if contractor is who I think he is, not being lettered can impede his ability to argue beyond reasonable doubt. I might be wrong though. We are all learning

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

How much are well sorted one’s going for?

Thanks.
My oga I am not exactly sure as of today...I Sent someone to comb through lagos to find and compare the prices.....they quoted 7- 8M depending on spec/composition(axles and bucket size)without bargaining this was October 2020....I saw two in groningen which I went to see....prices with shipping and clearing would save me just under a 1m say 700k to naija prices....plan under ice at the moment.....I.will soon get it..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2021
dongc:

My oga I am not exactly sure as of today...I Sent someone to comb through lagos to find and compare the prices.....they quoted 7- 8M depending on spec/composition(axles and bucket size)without bargaining this was October 2020....I saw two in groningen which I went to see....prices with shipping and clearing would save me just under a 1m say 700k to naija prices....plan under ice at the moment.....I.will soon get it..

I need one or a Bedford for personal use. Prefer the 911 because I'm working towards an all Benz stable.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2021
rotecch77:

1st one in ikeja gra
What treatment would you recommend for freshwater system in niger-delta [salinity is <750 microSiemens per centimetre
(µS/cm)]
How much do you estimate for a chlorine or ozone dosing system for freshwater with e. coli contamination
Location is Warri & Portharcourt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2021
Omonjoe:
Thanks man.
I will contact you early next month to get a proper quote and get started
Okay sir God will keep us till then
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 16inchdick: 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2021
Please what's the original cost of hand rail stainless per square meter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2021
Badgers14:

What is maintenance like in this water filtration units?

The nature of your water from the source either from bore hole, well, stream, or municipal will determine the maintenance

If you have averagely good water with lesser ion content, it can only take you twice in a year to do the maintenance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 8:52pm On Feb 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2021
44chux:

What treatment would you recommend for freshwater system in niger-delta [salinity is <750 microSiemens per centimetre
(µS/cm)]
How much do you estimate for a chlorine or ozone dosing system for freshwater with e. coli contamination
Location is Warri & Portharcourt

If your water salinity is <750 electrical conductivity test) mean it’s class 2 which is medium salinity.

Reverse osmosis (ozone) with 4-6 membrane with full set of fiber plant will solve the problem
This will cost you btw 1.5- 2.5m
Full setup
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2021
Kindly consult
Hubbab Engineering for your mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) design, and installation, our designs are detailed, and explanatory, they are prepared in accordance with relevant codes, we are trustworthy,

our design covers the following area,

MECHANICAL
Air conditioning and Ventilation layout
Drainage Layout
Water supply layout
Fire protection layout. etc

ELECTRICAL
Earthing layout
Lighting layout
Socket layout
ELV layout. etc

All at cheaper fee (with seal or without seal)

Kindly chat me via my whatsapp (08144291141) or call (08121804548) for any enquiry

(1) (2) (3) ... (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rmx, BabaChicago(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.