Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2029) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390079 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omonjoe(m): 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2021
Do you mind sharing the contact of the person. I'm in need of one. All the quotes I have gotten so far are just way above my budget
soonest:

Mine takes #4200 per sqm to provide everything
#1200 per sqm for only labour.
I found out buying materials for them is more expensive
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
soonest:

Actually it shouldn’t be more expensive if you’re buying the materials, because I believe quantity of materials to be used would remain the same whether you’re buying it or they’re buying it. Unless they’re going to buy inferior quality products for the job if they’re to buy materials themselves or they intentionally waste/siphon the materials just to increase your spendings. I don’t know if I made any sense there?

Also can I have the contact information for your connects?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
n3xt:
Happy New Week!! Happy Last Sunday!! Happy Last Day of the Month!!!
This reminds me of Sir daysan grin grin He so much detest people doing the above.
Let me drop this here this morning.

______
Pic - Extraordinary Space Management
I couldn't see with my eyes only, I opened my mouth too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
DancingSkeleton:
Actually it shouldn’t be more expensive if you’re buying the materials, because I believe quantity of materials to be used would remain the same whether you’re buying it or they’re buying it. Unless they’re going to buy inferior quality products for the job if they’re to buy materials themselves or they intentionally waste/siphon the materials just to increase your spendings. I don’t know if I made any sense there?

Also can I have the contact information for your connects?

This is where close supervision matters.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 4:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Please who can recommend a good Distribution box for 3bed room bungalow?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
soonest:

when was this ma?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Rexology:
Please who can recommend a good Distribution box for 3bed room bungalow?

Go with Schneider or ABB.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2021
soonest:

they will over use your material for being wise buying material yourself

This 4200 per sqm isn't real o shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 6:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
n3xt:

This is where closing supervision matters.
Exactly, supervising my project myself has saved me at least 500k ( especially the roofing )
Thanks to y’all for your suggestions and comments.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2021
zuraking:
they will over use your material for being wise buying material yourself

This 4200 per sqm isn't real o shocked

200k for 48sqm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
twinskenny:
when was this ma?
Just this Thursday o.
200k for 48sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 6:30pm On Feb 28, 2021
Omonjoe:
Do you mind sharing the contact of the person. I'm in need of one. All the quotes I have gotten so far are just way above my budget
Working for me presently. Will share it later
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
soonest:

200k for 48sqm.
pls share pictures of after work for us

let's look what the job looks like.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 7:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
What's your view on this pop design and the painting done on it?

Tho just 3-4 lights will be there. I don't like too much light.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
zuraking:

It's not about the number of lights but the illumination to the area of coverage.....

So if you're going for only max of 4 lights ensure the wattage for each bulb gives the required illumination to the area.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
bixton:

It's not about the number of lights but the illumination to the area of coverage.....

So if you're going for only max of 4 lights ensure the wattage for each bulb gives the required illumination to the area.

I grab. Thanks for your contribution wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omonjoe(m): 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ok
soonest:

Working for me presently. Will share it later
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:09am On Mar 01, 2021
zuraking:

Nice design. White painting on the ceiling is the best.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:14am On Mar 01, 2021
DancingSkeleton:
Exactly, supervising my project myself has saved me at least 500k ( especially the roofing )
Thanks to y’all for your suggestions and comments.

Though you should also not forget to always factor in your own cost in the project.

I love those who wrote down things like “kilishi and bottled-water” into their construction accounting records. It’s good to take care of yourself too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:17am On Mar 01, 2021
uncleteeh:

I couldn't see with my eyes only, I opened my mouth too.

Welcome March!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:26am On Mar 01, 2021
I just saw the cctv footage of the horrible gate failure video. It was indeed a terrible thing to watch.

For a gate weighing more than 500kg, there’s need for a better design and good protection mechanisms and guides.

As I always say it “Your installation is as good as the man who installed it.

On this, we had a very beautiful and expensive gate installed by inexperienced welder and builder. Both of them should be held accountable.

A very beautiful and expensive gate on a narrow driveway. ~ Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 2:51am On Mar 01, 2021
Happy New Month Sirs/Ma's from Perfect Touch Aluminium. Kindly check out our threads. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 2:55am On Mar 01, 2021
DancingSkeleton:
Thanks, and also does this quotation seem fair for a one unit of 3 bedroom apartment and 2 units of one bedroom self contain. Total sqm- 230

92 bags of pop cement
80 kg of fibre
3 bunches of banding wire
Wood for scaffold
This quotation is outrageous. For the three bedrooms apartment,budget 27-30 bags while the 2units of one bedroom,budget 30 bags for both.fibre,50-60kg is enough.1bunches of banding wire,then you're good to go.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:58am On Mar 01, 2021
My Gate Installation

Why the need for so much concrete to install ordinary gate? A 500kg + busy gate (operated on a daily basis) is a very heavy load that common sense should tell us requires adequate support.

If nothing else, just think of how settlement can affect the gate track.

Lastly, my dad told me “Do it right the first time. Don’t turn your house into a burden for your children in the future.”

_________
Pic 2 - My mack dump truck has accidentally reversed into my gate pillars. Guess what? Nothing happened.

If the gate didn’t fall because of installation error, it’ll surely fall because of the size of the supporting columns. As a matter of fact, the whole fence will eventually fall.

____
I’m pretty sure the owner of the build was able to save on the quantity of cement used in pouring the gate columns. He’ll see someone like me who used 26 bags of cement to install my gate as a thief grin

Well in Sunny Ola’s voice “Eyin lo ku ke mura...”

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 2:58am On Mar 01, 2021
Omonjoe:
I'm available for you sir. Buzz me up for your pop work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:09am On Mar 01, 2021
olukaygold:

This quotation is outrageous. For the three bedrooms apartment,budget 27-30 bags while the 2units of one bedroom,budget 30 bags for both.fibre,50-60kg is enough.1bunches of banding wire,then you're good to go.

Eh!! I used to think this way until someone asked me to give a quote for the installation of kitchen tiles in Magodo.

The kitchen size alone is almost 70sqm. Some 3 bedroom apartment with all room en-suite are not even up to 100sqm.

A lot of people are reading this and they’re taking notes. They’ll start asking me “How come my own 2 rooms are more expensive than 5 rooms of Mr X house grin

The lounge and dining of my recent designs are over 75sqm (floor area only). Just 2 rooms.

_______
I’ve never bought anything less than 130 bags of POP cement for a 250sqm build.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 3:54am On Mar 01, 2021
n3xt:

Eh!! I used to think this way until someone asked me to give a quote for the installation of kitchen tiles in Magodo.

The kitchen size alone is almost 70sqm. Some 3 bedroom apartment with all room en-suite are not even up to 100sqm.

A lot of people are reading this and they’re taking notes. They’ll start asking me “How come my own 2 rooms are more expensive than 5 rooms of Mr X house grin

The lounge and dining of my recent designs are over 75sqm (floor area only). Just 2 rooms.

_______
I’ve never bought anything less than 130 bags of POP cement for a 250sqm build.
You're absolutely right sir. Some Clients would just post materials Quotations by the artisan(s) without giving the specific measurements along side with the Quotations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 4:13am On Mar 01, 2021
olukaygold:

Thanks, do you work in Benin?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:22am On Mar 01, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

“On this project my partner tasked herself to keeping strict accounting as we need to know. I trust this data. Knowing this I think someone can build a standard 3 bedroom bungalow on good soil for N5M. I'm willing to put money on it.”

https://www.nairaland.com/6094830/building-attached-2-bedroom-1/1#93979166

grin

Oga Egun.. I followed your link..

Your design has parapet, you didnt put columns so I'm guessing precast..

Total spent 1.8m..

You'll spend 400k on precast parapet.
By the time you spend at least 1.2million on roofing,
500k on windows,
300k on plastering
700k on POP
500k Electrical piping wiring, switches m sockets.
500k on plumbing (cheapest WC is 35k × 4, WHB is 20k x 4, )
700k on ties purchase and installation
500k on doors
Etc ......

I'm following with rapt attention

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:30am On Mar 01, 2021
Abbeyb1ack:
Have gotten to ROOFING STAGE o...location is IFO
3 bedroom ...main building
BQ
And 3 shops
Recommend someone good in roofing,interior and exterior design please

Lets handle your woodwork..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 7:39am On Mar 01, 2021
DancingSkeleton:
Thanks, do you work in Benin?
Yes,I work Nationwide sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:41am On Mar 01, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Oga Egun.. I followed your link..

Your design has parapet, you didnt put columns so I'm guessing precast..

Total spent 1.8m..

You'll spend 400k on precast parapet.
By the time you spend at least 1.2million on roofing,
500k on windows,
300k on plastering
700k on POP
500k Electrical piping wiring, switches m sockets.
500k on plumbing (cheapest WC is 35k × 4, WHB is 20k x 4, )
700k on ties purchase and installation
500k on doors
Etc ......

I'm following with rapt attention

Lots of the prices and some materials that you specified don’t apply to my project.

We shall see grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: walexyll(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.