Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats (10180 Views)

Would You Buy This Bicycle For N10 Million ? (photo Attached) / Studio And 1 Bedroom Apartment For Sale At Ajarn Dubai From 57,670M To 109,865M / SOLD SOLD 5 Bedroom And 3 Bedroom Bungalow On A 929sqm Plot (in Benin City) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by kingzsoul: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Yes Sir.

Wow...thats surprising.
Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by InvertedHammer: 4:43am On Sep 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Approximately N1.8M including land to this level.
/
Sometimes I wonder how builders comfortably throw around N15-20m to build a carcass for a 4-5 bedroom duplex with simple design on a solid soil. This has scared many people away from attempting. Something is definitely wrong somewhere. It must be the Nigerian factor.

/

12 Likes

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by true2home(m): 7:10am On Sep 16, 2020
I'm already excited for this project. This is how it should be; bring back home some value. God will continue to bless your intentions. You are an inspiration to some of us lil Nigerians, working hard out here in the cold and heat of the Land of The Brave.

6 Likes

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 10:31am On Sep 16, 2020
true2home:
I'm already excited for this project. This is how it should be; bring back home some value. God will continue to bless your intentions. You are an inspiration to some of us lil Nigerians, working hard out here in the cold and heat of the Land of The Brave.

Thank you Sir, I give thanks to God and especially my crew. They are the real stars of this project.

Some early decisions I made is to build the major infrastructure using traditional methods. Where this project is going to come alive, God willing, is in the finishing and fitting out of the automation.

On Saturday I drove by there at night and the 5 solar street lamps were already on automatically. The compound, the phase 1 part, was shining in the night. The beginning of automation wink The very next thing is solar powered gate.

6 Likes

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 10:35am On Sep 16, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Sometimes I wonder how builders comfortably throw around N15-20m to build a carcass for a 4-5 bedroom duplex with simple design on a solid soil. This has scared many people away from attempting. Something is definitely wrong somewhere. It must be the Nigerian factor.

/

On this project my partner tasked herself to keeping strict accounting as we need to know. I trust this data. Knowing this I think someone can build a standard 3 bedroom bungalow on good soil for N5M. I'm willing to put money on it.

Also, I could have saved even more money if I did a few things like making my own blocks and if I have a pick up truck. The transportation fees added up. I just want others to make money on the project too. I insist on local content and suppliers as much as possible.

11 Likes

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by folmus: 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
This is the master plan. The Security Station and Welcome Center is already up and running, the first building is at roofing level.

I am paralleling the speed of my build to match the pace of the new nearby railway station and a 300 home planned estate near me. So please do not expect this to be a fantabulous speedy situation. Besides I'm retired wink and do a lot of touristy stuff and I absolutely shut my operations when I'm not going to be onsite for a long duration.

I know you don't deal with estate companies but I have a question. These estate companies in Ibadan are using the same nearby railway as their marketing tool; do you by chance know any beside you mini estate? Thanks Baba!

1 Like

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2020
folmus:

I know you don't deal with estate companies but I have a question. These estate companies in Ibadan are using the same nearby railway as their marketing tool; do you by chance know any beside you mini estate? Thanks Baba!

I've seen some of those flyers.

The only one I know of that has a presence near the rail line is about 1/4 mile from me. They are Cross and Churchhill. I'll include a picture that I took this evening.

I would have included a link but the fear of spambot is key.

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by folmus: 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I've seen some of those flyers.

The only one I know of that has a presence near the rail line is about 1/4 mile from me. They are Cross and Churchhill. I'll include a picture that I took this evening.

I would have included a link but the fear of spambot is key.

1 Like

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
Much work has been going on at my site. Building #1 of 5 is ready for roofing. Building #2 of 5 is having her monolithic floor poured today.

Once building #2 is ready for roofing then I will roof both. Then onto rough wiring and plumbing for both.

All the buildings and estate will have CCTV prewired (IP cameras so I can address the exterior ones). I'm still researching a homerun system for the plumbing.

Thanks.

PS: The price of cement did not stop the project but it shows that building #2 is costing a little bit more than building #1.

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
I'll be needing 34 casement windows constructed with Tower profile as well as 25 internal wooden doors as well as 4 steel exterior doors. Much research is going into these.
Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2020
Some prices today in my locale:

20 ton Granite - N87K

10 ton Sharp Sand - N14K

Cement delivered to site - N3K
Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by Nezzjnr: 3:40am On Sep 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

On this project my partner tasked herself to keeping strict accounting as we need to know. I trust this data. Knowing this I think someone can build a standard 3 bedroom bungalow on good soil for N5M. I'm willing to put money on it.

Also, I could have saved even more money if I did a few things like making my own blocks and if I have a pick up truck. The transportation fees added up. I just want others to make money on the project too. I insist on local content and suppliers as much as possible.
Can 9m build a 4 bedroom bungalow including furnishing??

1 Like

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 8:18am On Sep 26, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Can 9m build a 4 bedroom bungalow including furnishing??

In my opinion, absolutely yes.

1 Like

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by Nezzjnr: 8:24am On Sep 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

In my opinion, absolutely yes.
Thanks Boss cool
Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
Next is laying blocks after the monolithic floor cures.

2 Likes

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by SurveyorGeo: 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
Am learning and keenly following. God will complete the project in record time in Jesus Name. Amen. Thanks for this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2020
SurveyorGeo:
Am learning and keenly following. God will complete the project in record time in Jesus Name. Amen. Thanks for this thread

Amin and thank you Sir.
Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by Focusmind: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
What makes a home a smart home? This was answered beautifully by the good folks at CNBC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/09/just-what-is-a-smart-home-anyway.html

You have intelligently answered the "architect".

Smart home is not about the physical structure. It is about gadgets and minimal human involvement in its operation.

One of my Ogas in PH bought an old house belonging to Rivers state government in Old GRA, PH.

The building was a colonial building. He just modified it with smart systems and solar. All doors opens at approach. The landscape and age long trees added fine aesthetics to the build environment.

So dear "architect", smart home is not about the look of the structure. Brabus could still explain better what smart home is.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by mufutau55(m): 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Very good going Sir. Likee.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by mufutau55(m): 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2020
Focusmind:

Smart home is not about the physical structure. It is about gadgets and minimal human involvement in its operation.

One of my Ogas in PH bought an old house belonging to Rivers state government in Old GRA, PH.

The building was a colonial building. He just modified it with smart systems and solar. All doors opens at approach. The landscape and age long trees added fine aesthetics to the build environment.

So dear "architect", smart home is not about the look of the structure. Brabus could still explain better what smart home is.

Good explanations Sir. Well done/said.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by n3xt(m): 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2020
Focusmind:

Hmmm!

Isn’t it better to get the definition of a smart home from an architect?

A smart boy back in my secondary schools years was the one with a well ironed khaki grin

1 Like

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by guysmilee134: 6:29am On Oct 18, 2020
n3xt:

Hmmm!

Isn’t it better to get the definition of a smart home from an architect?

A smart boy back in my secondary schools years was the one with a well ironed khaki grin

���������
A smart home refers to the use of computer and information technology to control home appliances and features (such as windows or lighting). ... In traditional smart home architectures, it generally common that all components in a home network are controlled by a home gateway that acts as service provider for users (international journal of control and automation, vol 6 number 6 2013)

4 Likes

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
I reached a milestone today. I received my approved building plan for the estate. I got a preliminary approval before so I was able to build without interruption.

We do similar in the US too in certain locales and certain building types. The interesting thing in the US is that you still can't cover stuff up because inspections still have to occur.

4 Likes

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by SurveyorGeo: 2:53am On Nov 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I reached a milestone today. I received my approved building plan for the estate. I got a preliminary approval before so I was able to build without interruption.

We do similar in the US too in certain locales and certain building types. The interesting thing in the US is that you still can't cover stuff up because inspections still have to occur.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 3:22am On Nov 20, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

Congratulations!

Thank you Sir.
Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by weyreypey: 6:40am On Nov 20, 2020
guysmilee134:

���������
A smart home refers to the use of computer and information technology to control home appliances and features (such as windows or lighting). ... In traditional smart home architectures, it generally common that all components in a home network are controlled by a home gateway that acts as service provider for users (international journal of control and automation, vol 6 number 6 2013)
The operational word is SMART. The interpretation depends on which field of study is conceptualising SMART. So both are correct. Cheers. Meanwhile egunmogaji2 I cityng aka somorin aka ekun oko fathia greets you.
Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by folmus: 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Congratulations baba!

1 Like

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by folmus: 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Baba EgunMogaji, am curious about the plumbing with your "German floor" I can't see anything here. Is this deliberate? Can it be done without breaking the floor later?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2020
folmus:

Baba EgunMogaji, am curious about the plumbing with your "German floor" I can't see anything here. Is this deliberate? Can it be done without breaking the floor later?

Thanks

It’s deliberate Sir.

These are low cost bungalow rental units and the placement of all the water usage areas are on the perimeter.

My personal duplex will be on an adjacent plot and when I break ground on that the plumbing will be internal.

I closely followed Spyder880 techniques as much as I could. I actually posed this question on one of his builds and his response guided me on what to do here.

Thank you Sir smiley

7 Likes

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by InvertedHammer: 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
/
I can't believe how neat your work is. Are you sure you didn't smuggle in Mexicans to do your work? grin. Most of our builders are very used to Nigerian "jagajaga" way of doing everything. Their only hope is to cover all the crap during plastering/rendering.

Even the picture of the blinding qualifies for a screensaver.

/

3 Likes

Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by EgunMogaji2: 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
I can't believe how neat your work is. Are you sure you didn't smuggle in Mexicans to do your work? grin. Most of our builders are very used to Nigerian "jagajaga" way of doing everything. Their only hope is to cover all the crap during plastering/rendering.

Even the picture of the blinding qualifies for a screensaver.

/

Thanks Sir, I’m very proud of the team.

They’re also not wasteful.
Re: Building Attached 2 Bedroom And 1 Bedroom SmartFlats by InvertedHammer: 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks Sir, I’m very proud of the team.

They’re also not wasteful.
/
I envy you. I wish I can be physically present for a build but the opportunity cost is so much that it won't make any economic sense.

Selecting a team of "skilled" workers in Nigeria is a huge (in Trump's voice) task.

/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building Collapsed At Ebute Meta, Killing 6 / The Claridge Phase 1, Sangotedo For Sell / 4 Bedroom Bungalow, All Rms Ensuite Tiled Premise, Gen House For Only 13M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.