Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443450 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2021
Jasobry:

I got ABS cement for 6000 naira in my location
where is that?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2021
Embedded or Standalone? More details on kobocity.com

I was inspired by the images in Pic 3 & 4 to design something cool for my ongoing project. The most impressive part is the locking system.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2021
zuraking:
where is that?

Enugu

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2021
Cement is going up again. Bought yesterday @ 3150. Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2021
n3xt:
Yes.

I think I gave you someone who delivered to your site before (Mr Sunday).

I have different guys for different location and they lift from different quarry.

Yes that why I was wondering.

Thought you changed him..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2021
n3xt:

172k (full 30Tons)

Confirm this is to Mowe...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:56pm On Mar 02, 2021
temi4fash:

Yes that why I was wondering.

Thought you changed him..

No. Sunday lifts from Kobape/Ibadan quarry.

I’m giving the OP someone who can lift from Isara and nearby quarries. As you know distance determines the final price.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:57pm On Mar 02, 2021
temi4fash:

Confirm this is to Mowe...

The price is to OPIC before RCCG. I’m sure with a little more he should get to mowe.

Let me confirm though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2021
n3xt:

Baba, I’ve been waiting for almost 6 weeks for my woods to dry up. I’m making just one door o!
I guess that's one of the limitations of using wood in construction.
I've wondered why we don't build cheap and durable houses using treated wood as it's being done abroad but I now understand that we would have to find a way to dry them out first for effective treatment.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:40pm On Mar 02, 2021
Another one.

Looks like sliding burglary system but I don’t see them opened.

Get one and practice opening them while half asleep. Every one in the house must be able to open them so the opening design is crucial.

https://www.nairaland.com/6441010/woman-four-children-die-jos

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 6:41pm On Mar 02, 2021
4 East at imo state,in IHOMA bus stop I want to buy please WhatsApp me
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:05pm On Mar 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Another one.

Looks like sliding burglary system but I don’t see them opened.

Get one and practice opening them while half asleep. Every one in the house must be able to open them do the opening design is crucial.

https://www.nairaland.com/6441010/woman-four-children-die-jos

Not just openable burglar proofs. We also need to start introducing terraces into every commercial buildings. It’s not a status symbol. It can serve as an escape route in case of emergencies.

For those of us buying plans, ask your architect what is the fire escape plan in his design. Is it to jump from the 3rd floor? Or to call Naija fire service?

RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:13pm On Mar 02, 2021
n3xt:

Baba, I’ve been waiting for almost 6 weeks for my woods to dry up. I’m making just one door o!

Can't they use the car painting spray boot oven to dry the wood in less than one hour?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2021
sonnie10:

Can't they use the car painting spray boot oven to dry the wood in less than one hour?

I never tried that. I'd consider it in one of my DIY projects.

Thanks sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2021
sonnie10:

Following for the sake of extra knowledge.
There are companies that do soluble silicate in Nigeria. It makes wood fire retardant and termite proof. A dry wood would absorb it properly to be effective.
With proper coating, the treated wood can be made water proof also.
There are schools over 70 years with hard wood decking used for a storey building that are still standing and even the first storey building in Nigeria has wooden parts.
I think some of the challenges with using them could be surmounted like the automobile oven suggested.
The major problem in my opinion is the herd mentality of a typical Nigerian and they would quickly coin a derogatory term to describe such owner as poor of the poor.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tvcatch15(m): 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2021
@imranroofing, gr8 roofing engineer with a perfect job.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
tvcatch15:
@imranroofing, gr8 roofing engineer with a perfect job.
Thanks so much for your patronage..

May Almighty God complete this project

(AMIN)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
sonnie10:

You can’t rush the process.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jyteman: 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2021
Money121

imranroofing

Thanks Engr Ayyub for delivering on this, you didn't only deliver on time but also in full.

My Dad was very pleased with the successful out come of the job and the professionalism displayed by your team.

Another thing that beat his expectation is the speed at which the job was delivered.

Many thanks,

Wishing you Allah's continuous blessings.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

You can’t rush the process.
If so, it means there is business opportunity right there.
This is the idea;
Buy wet wood for cheap
Sun dry it for period of time
Sell then back as “natural organic cured wood”
Even more, turn them to finished product like doors and smile to the bank.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2021
sonnie10:

This is the idea;
Buy wet wood for cheap

This is what I always preach but get shouted down.

There are vast opportunities in Nigeria. N3xt would say “focus on the last mile” and its apt in this regards.

There are small mills, even mobile ones that can be bought here in Nigeria. Wood can be left naturally to dry over seasons.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2021
sonnie10:

This is the idea;
Buy wet wood for cheap

To become rich in Nigeria is very easy. A lot of people are looking for these woods.

Trust Naija artisans like me grin, unlike Baba Egunmogaji2, we will only start looking for such wood only when there's a client for it. We hardly stock up.

______
I bought about 50 pcs of 2*6 "osan" wood few weeks ago. I told the guys in the sawmill to hint me whenever they come across it again.

@mountmoriah, @johntemmy, how much is osan at your end?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2021
jyteman:
Money121

imranroofing

Thanks Engr Ayyub for delivering on this, you didn't only deliver on time but also in full.

My Dad was very pleased with the successful out come of the job and the professionalism displayed by your team.

Another thing that beat his expectation is the speed at which the job was delivered.

Many thanks,

Wishing you Allah's continuous blessings.

Thanks so much for your patronage

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:20pm On Mar 02, 2021
n3xt:

To become rich in Nigeria is very easy. A lot of people are looking for these woods.

Trust Naija artisans like me grin, unlike Baba Egunmogaji2, we will only start looking for such wood only when there's a client for it. We hardly stock up.

______
I bought about 50 pcs of 2*6 "osan" wood few weeks ago. I told the guys in the sawmill to hint me whenever they come across it again.

@mountmoriah, @johntemmy, how much is osan at your end?

I’m trying to stock up on Mesonia. Relatively hard to find in 12” widths.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

This is a real issue. Much so that I haven’t been able to get red copy survey.

The association of surveyors have been meeting with Makinde. He has reduced the requirements down from Ajimobi but not enough.

Reduced it to how many metres?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:37am On Mar 03, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Reduced it to how many metres?

I don’t recollect but I know it meets federal standards just not what thieving Ajimobi set.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:39am On Mar 03, 2021
It has started.

Drones to be used to tie rebars cool

Saw on Twitter but if I post link I’ll be blocked.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:46am On Mar 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
It has started.

Drones to be used to tie rebars cool

Saw on Twitter but if I post link I’ll be blocked.
shey these machines no dey weld ni?

Or at least they will still need human input to work abi

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:17am On Mar 03, 2021
michlins:
shey these machines no dey weld ni?

Or at least they will still need human input to work abi

Not weld, they just tie the reinforcement irons together.

All these new technologies still need some human touch.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:48am On Mar 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Not weld, they just tie the reinforcement irons together.

All these new technologies still need some human touch.
I have seen this machine work and I know how it works.

My own is that they don't build one that will start welding

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:24am On Mar 03, 2021
michlins:
I have seen this machine work and I know how it works.

My own is that they don't build one that will start welding

If robots in the automotive sector can weld, drone will soon weld.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fiyin1200: 5:35am On Mar 03, 2021
Seen on Twitter
@spyder880 @michlins

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Chidimercy, Studentcosmos(m), agman15, Chikebrain, ChybuzzDD(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.