Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383083 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nnadychuks(m): 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2021
PropertyVendor:
Whats up naija? In Benin City Getting Cement Wahala, Rods Scares, Ceiling Board Scares....

How's Cement in your area
depends on how many ceiling boards you need... I can deliver kalsi Kraft for 2900 flat rate to site... 500pcs and above
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nnadychuks(m): 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2021
Slimdan360:

delta state
yes I’m in Delta too but I sell only the materials (POP cement and fiber).
POP CEMENT:
ABS: #7,300
Top white: 7000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertyVendor(m): 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
nnadychuks:
depends on how many ceiling boards you need... I can deliver kalsi Kraft for 2900 flat rate to site... 500pcs and above

I sell below that price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fiyin1200: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2021
fiyin1200:
As seen on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJWiA-3l5eY/?hl=en

Old Afro-Brazilian style building in Lagos Island renovated and repurposed as flats. A good alternative to demolition.

updated with video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HY8AYhHyYY

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 10:48pm On Mar 05, 2021
Chioma1989:

grin grin. You are right. We were in one guy's house then with my friend and there was a huge blast from a gas retailer shop close by, the POP ceiling came down. I am telling you. That day was one of the most horrible days of my life. My new hair was messed up and my clothes. But we thank God as there were no serious injuries. As much as I am concerned with costs, I wouldn't want to compromise quality.
that's the pop I am warning you about. Close your eyes do quality job.

I am still waiting for "soonest" pictures of pop she did 4200 per sqm. I doubt if ABS pop sells less than 7k especially in lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:06am On Mar 06, 2021
fiyin1200:

updated with video

This is beautiful. Old time religion is a school of architecture. Only few can do it.

There is ancient and there is modern. Edo (Benin) children are the worse culprit in ignorantly knocking down beautiful traditional buildings to build monstrousity. So many Edo children have pulled down paradise only to build a parking lot.

Same is said for Ibadan (ancient Oyo Empire) beautiful buildings parked with history. It only takes a son/daughter with 'new money' to knock down centuries of history to put up a flat roof monster with glass, glass everywhere and Chinese metal internal doors to announce they've arrived. But no, they've not arrived. They've knocked down history with their parents spacial legacy and time stamp.

If you inherit such building as a child, before you do anything to the building, you should be asking yourself, if mum or dad's spirit is walking around, would they find their way 'home'? Would they recognise their building?

Foolish children. I will wake up from the grave to give you twelve lashes on your bottom.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Slimdan360: 2:48am On Mar 06, 2021
nnadychuks:
yes I’m in Delta too but I sell only the materials (POP cement and fiber).
POP CEMENT:
ABS: #7,300
Top white: 7000
where in Delta,and your price is high sha
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:07am On Mar 06, 2021
Good morning.. for your roofing wood,woodwork and materials contact us today.
God bless.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:10am On Mar 06, 2021
fiyin1200:

updated with video

My eyes on you. You got game grin

Lightweight steel construction is bae. I also found something I’m considering in my new builds on the project - zigzag staircase.

Thanks for sharing. I got value!

Thanks for the pent tank tower idea. My client is pitching tent in that direction.

_____
Pic 1 - From the video
Pic 2 - Something I’m working on
Pic 3 - Something we’ve done

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fiyin1200: 8:47am On Mar 06, 2021
n3xt:

Lightweight steel construction is bae. I also found something I’m considering in my new builds on the project - zigzag staircase.

Thanks for the pent tank tower idea. My client is pitching tent in that direction.

_____
Pic 1 - From the video

Thank you. I've followed this thread on and off for quite some time now and I have learnt a lot from you and many of the other contributors here. My interest was in architecture and I knew nothing about construction until I got here.

Since you mention the staircase, something interesting I saw about the stairs. Floating effect due to ends not touching the wall and how the rails are placed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femixity(m): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2021
Have you heard about rain Gutters before
It's a modern type of what our father and mother's have been using In old days
You see it in the picture below
USEFULNESS OF IT
*It helps the wall plastering not to peal
*Makes the paint long last a while than it expired time
*And beautify the structure of your building
.........more of it uses
By a group of companies herald of hope
This is our hot line 09061530511 we give you our best
If you want to reach out to us
WhatsApp us on 07011483443
And check on our page on Facebook
herald of hope aluminum

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nnadychuks(m): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2021
Slimdan360:

where in Delta,and your price is high sha
Ughelli... it’s 6600 from factory minus transport
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nnadychuks(m): 10:14am On Mar 06, 2021
PropertyVendor:

I sell below that price
do you deliver to site?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:19am On Mar 06, 2021
nnadychuks:
Ughelli... it’s 6600 from factory minus transport

Enugu POP cement and sponge prices this morning

ABS N6,500
Others N6,000
100 kg of sponge N170,000

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nnadychuks(m): 10:27am On Mar 06, 2021
spyder880:

Enugu POP cement and sponge prices this morning

ABS N6,500
Others N6,000
100 kg of sponge N170,000
okay let’s say I buy from Enugu to deliver to Delta state how much transport will I spend? there are factors to consider when doing business and you’re not putting those into consideration. #7300 is my last price for ABS. And 6800 for “Purity” or “top white”
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2021
nnadychuks:
okay let’s say I buy from Enugu to deliver to Delta state how much transport will I spend? there are factors to consider when doing business and you’re not putting those into consideration. #7300 is my last price for ABS. And 6800 for “Purity” or “top white”

I understand, prices differ in different locations. I am not saying your prices are too much, just guiding those who might need it in Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:13am On Mar 06, 2021
femixity:
Have you heard about rain Gutters before tis how it beautify your house
By a group of companies herald of hope
This is our hot line 07011483443 we give you our best

Rain gutters don’t beautify your home. It’s a necessary evil in some cases.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by okeyglm: 11:53am On Mar 06, 2021
zeberebe:
Good morning all. Pls my site is an area with iron and salt. If u do shallow borehole u will get white water and after some hours it will turn brown(sign of present of iron) if you dig Dipper you will end up with salty + iron water.

I have wasted 80k digging borehole and it's salty. Who can help me to dig better one that won't be salty? Only 2 people in my avenue are lucky to have clean water without iron and salt.

I need help!!!
you need geophysical surveying of your location. get a professional geologist or geophysicist to do that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 11:57am On Mar 06, 2021
diordaves:

This is beautiful. Old time religion is a school of architecture. Only few can do it.

There is ancient and there is modern. Edo (Benin) children are the worse culprit in ignorantly knocking down beautiful traditional buildings to build monstrousity. So many Edo children have pulled down paradise only to build a parking lot.

Same is said for Ibadan (ancient Oyo Empire) beautiful buildings parked with history. It only takes a son/daughter with 'new money' to knock down centuries of history to put up a flat roof monster with glass, glass everywhere and Chinese metal internal doors to announce they've arrived. But no, they've not arrived. They've knocked down history with their parents spacial legacy and time stamp.

If you inherit such building as a child, before you do anything to the building, you should be asking yourself, if mum or dad's spirit is walking around, would they find their way 'home'? Would they recognise their building?

Foolish children. I will wake up from the grave to give you twelve lashes on your bottom.
Haba, some buildings need demolition too sha, though when you redesign some, almost all walls are gone. There's a particular area in Sango in Ibadan where houses are built and vehicles cannot get into the neighbourhood. Great old houses are there but all or more may be brought down when planning the area.
Meanwhile, I agree with Ur perception sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2021
n3xt:

_____
Pic 1 - From the video
With due respect sir, I hope the final users of this staircase are young bloodied cause it will get to a point whereby it will get boring for the aged ones sir, 50 upward may find it strenuous at a point.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2021
uncleteeh:

With due respect sir, I hope the final users of this staircase are young bloodied cause it will get to a point whereby it will get boring for the aged ones sir, 50 upward may find it strenuous at a point.

As someone in the aforementioned age bracket, this is exactly what we need - forced exercise to keep the ticker pumping.

I used to feel the same way as you but now know better.

May we all use our old age in good health and prosperity.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2021
Focusmind:

Good!

My plumber sent this for plumbing work completion. Note that some internal plumbing work has also been done. Are the prices ok for the stated materials? Sorry, the background from where he took the picture looks faint and blurred.

We can not say anything about the quantities because there is no mechanical drawings

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:43pm On Mar 06, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:
Please is this a fair qoute? and if anyone know where one can get good quality ones in Abuja, kindly share.
Buyiing direct from manufactuerer is preferable because of the margins in comparison to buying from open market where one will not be sure of the quality.
cc:NE3T , Rotech, TwinnsKenny etc please help out

Why having 4coils of 16mm? what is the size of your project. Cable manufacturer increase price recently.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by momove4real25(f): 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
A thread on fp as this as definition of c of o, I'm confuse:

A certificate of occupancy is a document issued by a local government agency or building department certifying a building’s compliance with applicable building codes and other laws, and indicating it to be in a condition suitable for occupancy.
We have certificate of Occupancy which is widely known as C of o. This is in two ways depending on the State government. Some saddled the Local Government Chairmen in their state to handle the rural area c of o which is called customary c of o. While the State Government handles the Statutory right of Occupancy for urban area. Take Ogun State as an example, the State Government handles everything on its own. Building approval is issued by the Town Planning Agency while c of o is done by the Bureau of Lands or Ministry of lands of each state. If you need land within Abeokuta environs for any kinds of use or perfection of land title documents call 08173359133 or 08161375559
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2021
topsy23:

We can not say anything about the quantities because there mechanical drawings

Yes Topsy, my concern mainly is on the unit price. We know how to handle quantities.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by momove4real25(f): 12:55pm On Mar 06, 2021
We have certificate of Occupancy which is widely known as C of o. This is in two ways depending on the State government. Some saddled the Local Government Chairmen in their state to handle the rural area c of o which is called customary c of o. While the State Government handles the Statutory right of Occupancy for urban area. Take Ogun State as an example, the State Government handles everything on its own. Building approval is issued by the Town Planning Agency while c of o is done by the Bureau of Lands or Ministry of lands of each state. If you need land within Abeokuta environs for any kinds of use or perfection of land title documents call 08173359133 or 08161375559
oluwaseyi0:
A thread on fp as this as definition of c of o, I'm confuse:

A certificate of occupancy is a document issued by a local government agency or building department certifying a building’s compliance with applicable building codes and other laws, and indicating it to be in a condition suitable for occupancy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by momove4real25(f): 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2021
davodyguy:

That guy knows nothing about real estate
Many of them go to the internet to list nonsense posted on blogs to start forming authorities.

All he posted are gibberish
well said
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2021
diordaves:

Please don't blame the children sir. Fail government, upon fail Government and brainless leadership over the years are the problem. This historical building should be classified as landmarks to preserved our history, even if the the owner choose to modified it, it can be only the internal not the external to keep the historical relevance for newer generation. Our politicians are our problem, one of my old friend now politician converted one of our open green area where we grow up together playing football. He converted into an event center. When I asked him why, His respond was the elders of the neighborhood brought the idea to him that's how they converted it to their personal joint ownership imagine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2021
Focusmind:

Yes Topsy, my concern mainly is on the unit price. We know how to handle quantities.

The picture is not clear enough

(1) (2) (3) ... (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m), inze(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.