Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2043) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4379430 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2040) (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:17am On Mar 09, 2021
Apparently what happened in 1999 is still happening grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6448405/man-set-40-year-old-facebook-lover

“Trouble, however, started when Ojo allegedly discovered that some family members he was sending money to help him build his personal house had played a prank on him.”
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:28am On Mar 09, 2021
Your quality floor tile here with affordable prices

Spanish tile

Italian tile

China

NIGERIA TILE

Both vitrified , porcelain and ceramic are available ,

OUR LOCATION IS AT DIVINE PLAZA SHOP 215-220,BY OUR FATHER LINE ODUN-ADE MARKET COKER ORILE BADAGRY EXPRESSWAY LAGOS

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 7:11am On Mar 09, 2021
GOOD MORNING ALL
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:29am On Mar 09, 2021
n3xt:

If you engage a surveyor, he comes to site with his ranging rod/surveying pole.

Why do builders waste money buying pegs and woods for setting out from site to site?
Regardless of how cheap those items are, it’s a complete waste of money in my view.

I know you talked briefly about this few months ago and I took note of the idea.

Now I’m working on something cool and reusable for setting out buildings.

That the whole world (including professor emeritus of construction) is not doing it doesn’t mean we can’t alter the course and be the difference that makes a difference.

______

I’ll share the design notes and sketches on my kobocity DIY projects page.

Next The Minimalist grin

please we're expecting more details about this!

I love #DifferenceMakers

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:42am On Mar 09, 2021
Chioma1989:

grin grin. You are right. We were in one guy's house then with my friend and there was a huge blast from a gas retailer shop close by, the POP ceiling came down. I am telling you. That day was one of the most horrible days of my life. My new hair was messed up and my clothes. But we thank God as there were no serious injuries. As much as I am concerned with costs, I wouldn't want to compromise quality.

That's why bill my clients well, because I let them understand that "if you want a standard job, you must be ready to Spend

I prefer to tell my clients the Truth, Not some Baba Junior that wants to collect any amount the client says! so as not to lose the client.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:45am On Mar 09, 2021
zuraking:
that's the pop I am warning you about. Close your eyes do quality job.

I am still waiting for "soonest" pictures of pop she did 4200 per sqm. I doubt if ABS pop sells less than 7k especially in lagos

Well said ! Zura

To get Quality! You can't be an alaroro cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:47am On Mar 09, 2021
diordaves:

This is beautiful. Old time religion is a school of architecture. Only few can do it.

There is ancient and there is modern. Edo (Benin) children are the worse culprit in ignorantly knocking down beautiful traditional buildings to build monstrousity. So many Edo children have pulled down paradise only to build a parking lot.

Same is said for Ibadan (ancient Oyo Empire) beautiful buildings parked with history. It only takes a son/daughter with 'new money' to knock down centuries of history to put up a flat roof monster with glass, glass everywhere and Chinese metal internal doors to announce they've arrived. But no, they've not arrived. They've knocked down history with their parents spacial legacy and time stamp.

If you inherit such building as a child, before you do anything to the building, you should be asking yourself, if mum or dad's spirit is walking around, would they find their way 'home'? Would they recognise their building?

Foolish children. I will wake up from the grave to give you twelve lashes on your bottom

Dave what's wrong nah! You dey Para oo grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:49am On Mar 09, 2021
@ N3xt, so on your Kobo thing, do you have ignore user filter?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:08am On Mar 09, 2021
Question for the pros.

The original design for the roof is hip and that’s where I stopped laying blocks.

I want to change the design to gable roof. So do the bricklayer go up or he waits for the roof to be framed first?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:29am On Mar 09, 2021
Spyder880 Property vendor nnadychuks

Please can you give updates on Prices of POP Cement & fillers in Lagos!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Youngstown: 10:58am On Mar 09, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Youngstown: 11:04am On Mar 09, 2021
Youngstown:
Great Architect and Engr in the house, please help me critique this floor plans for a contemporary design. Thanks
Cc
Adegunle4 , davodyguy, Architectsly, kobocity, n3xt, vickzie

I want to say a big thanks to everyone that took his/her time to review the plan. I feel humble and grateful for your criticism. I failed to include the facade the client (which is a family member) needed, and his features. Attached is the facade, which he repeatedly asked if I can archive and also requested the sitting room shouldn't be decked, thus to have a visual link btw both floors and a bq accessible from the back. I'm also an engr, a young one at that, and my boss who did the drawing (structural engr) who majorly prepares our floor plans. But the challenge we have working with architects is they always demand payment upfront even when the job hasn't been won. I do not blame them anyway as they have been taken advantage of, especially the young ones. We have been able to get an architect, after reading reviews here lol, that is willing to work with us to win the job without any upfront payment, which we are quite skeptical of, that's why we are also developing our designs in eventuality of any disappointment . I just pray it works out as planned as this would be out first contemporary project on the island. We too aren't too money conscious, lol with our clients especially at the preliminary stages of the process as our aim is to execute the project. I have to say the rivalry btw the architects and engrs is real!
Once again thanks for the input. Will keep you guys updated!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.

There are different user levels. I think that feature works for VIP/Pro-Forum Members.

@mank1234 am I right?

_____
Pic - Regular Member

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:15am On Mar 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Question for the pros.

The original design for the roof is hip and that’s where I stopped laying blocks.

I want to change the design to gable roof. So do the bricklayer go up or he waits for the roof to be framed first?

Thanks.

I’ll do my A-frame first then block work.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:29am On Mar 09, 2021
n3xt:

I’ll do my A-frame first then block work.

Duly noted El Maestro.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Question for the pros.

Thanks.
The height of the roof would determine the height of the wall. The bricklayer will have to follow the angle the rafter takes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:31pm On Mar 09, 2021
Youngstown:

I want to say a big thanks to everyone that took his/her time to review the plan. I feel humble and grateful for your criticism. I failed to include the facade the client (which is a family member) needed, and his features. Attached is the facade, which he repeatedly asked if I can archive and also requested the sitting room shouldn't be decked, thus to have a visual link btw both floors and a bq accessible from the back. I'm also an engr, a young one at that, and my boss who did the drawing (structural engr) who majorly prepares our floor plans. But the challenge we have working with architects is they always demand payment upfront even when the job hasn't been won. I do not blame them anyway as they have been taken advantage of, especially the young ones. We have been able to get an architect, after reading reviews here lol, that is willing to work with us to win the job without any upfront payment, which we are quite skeptical of, that's why we are also developing our designs in eventuality of any disappointment . I just pray it works out as planned as this would be out first contemporary project on the island. We too aren't too money conscious, lol with our clients especially at the preliminary stages of the process as our aim is to execute the project. I have to say the rivalry btw the architects and engrs is real!
Once again thanks for the input. Will keep you guys updated!

I Pray you win the Project! Bro

Just keep us updated in here!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
michlins:
Yours truly representing
Oga michlins, this is 5 by 3 H channel ? if yes how much is it.
see the quotation i received from a welder in abuja for my water tank scaffold, whats your observation/comment/advise on it? any of the line items that i can negotiate.
Thanks alot Boss

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
A picture is worth a thousand words.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
Greetings to all the Engineers in the house, please help me scrutinize this quotation for roofing, as I was sent this

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.

You can ignore any user asides a VIP member, moderator and administrator. When ignored all of the ignored users post and discussions will be hidden from view to you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 4:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
n3xt:

There are different user levels. I think that feature works for VIP/Pro-Forum Members.

@mank1234 am I right?

_____
Pic - Regular Member

It's available to all users from the profile page of the user you want to ignore.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
Please is this a fair quotations
CC: Topsy,Twinskenny,Next,Rotech

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:
Please is this a fair quotations
CC: Topsy,Twinskenny,Next,Rotech

The quantity of 16mm seems much though i don't know the size of your building.

The price is not too bad base on the recent increase in cable price

The cable brand name is not known here in Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:57pm On Mar 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
A picture is worth a thousand words.
This can’t be, I believe people are just making most of these pictures up. Habaaaaa

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:

Oga michlins, this is 5 by 3 H channel ? if yes how much is it.
see the quotation i received from a welder in abuja for my water tank scaffold, whats your observation/comment/advise on it? any of the line items that i can negotiate.
Thanks alot Boss

the channel in the picture above is 6 by 3 H channel.

The quotation you sent is somewhat outrageous. Doing something similar for a Nairalander now and am doing it for less. But this is Nnewi and that place is Abuja so maybe things are a bit more expensive.

I wish you luck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2021
kopell:
This can’t be, I believe people are just making most of these pictures up. Habaaaaa

People are not making it up , an adage says " when an elephant dies, we see different kinds of knives .
3years ago in my quest to rent apartment around Alapere , an agent took me to a particular house , you will not believe it , the toilet of the apartment he wanted me to rent is located inside the kitchen, and it cost 300k per annum . Sharperly I talk to my legs .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:38pm On Mar 09, 2021
jiday4:

People are not making it up , an adage says " when an elephant dies, we see different kinds of knives .
3years ago in my quest to rent apartment around Alapere , an agent took me to a particular house , you will not believe it , the toilet of the apartment he wanted me to rent is located inside the kitchen, and it cost 300k per annum . Sharperly I talk to my legs .
Hahahaha, are you serious toilet inside kitchen.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 7:53pm On Mar 09, 2021
kopell:
Hahahaha, are you serious toilet inside kitchen.

Hong Kong says ... hello

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
jabolo:

Hong Kong says ... hello

All the person needs to do is to put a sliding plywood half wall between the kitchen and the toilet and then arrange his property in an orderly manner.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2040) (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.