Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,729 members, 7,813,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4378780 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2021
jabolo:

Hong Kong says ... hello
Hmmm. Serious one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Funnyafricans: 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hello house, kindly help me check the quotation for the Foundation of a 4 bedroom bungalow. Hope it's not to exorbitant

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:06pm On Mar 09, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by All4good: 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
olaoye15:
Hello Family. How.much does an average architectural design for a four bedroom. I am looking at contacting someone for this. Thank you.
Architectural drawing will cost about N80k and up to N100k with 3D model views.
But if you are actually referring to a complete set of Building drawings for approval which includes Structural, Electrical, Mechanical then up your budget to N200k as its a multidisciplinary effort.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
I saw something new today and would want to share it here. Instead of wasting wood on forming beams, why can't we use many of two matching (twin) pieces of hollow angled pre-cast concrete blocks that would look like mini gutter shape ( about 1M length each} where the rods would be placed in and the concrete mix poured in permanently?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
kopell:
Hahahaha, are you serious toilet inside kitchen.

Infact I believe they turn the store in the kitchen to toilet and there was no way they could create a door to link the sitting room . Funniest thing someone was living there before it was not a new house .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:30pm On Mar 09, 2021
sonnie10:
I saw something new today and would want to share it here. Instead of wasting wood on forming beams, why can't we use many of two matching (twin) pieces of hollow angled pre-cast concrete blocks that would look like mini gutter shape ( about 1M length each} where the rods would be placed in and the concrete mix poured in permanently?

cool

Go to your concrete block maker and you’d be shocked to see that the hollow block method is more expensive than the traditional wood method.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
n3xt:

cool

Go to your concrete block maker and you’d be shocked to see that the hollow block method is more expensive than the traditional wood method.
You might be right but that could be a talking point for the tree conservationists, however not me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by All4good: 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
Funnyafricans:
Hello house, kindly help me check the quotation for the Foundation of a 4 bedroom bungalow. Hope it's not to exorbitant

For any Civil Engr to give you such advice you need to attach the foundation drawings/design.
Note that bearing capacity and insitu soil conditions vary from site to site even within the same locality, thus eliciting deferent type of foundations such as Pad, Pile or even Ground beams.
That said , I believe you should have a bill of quantities or BEME which will answer your question
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by All4good: 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2021
sonnie10:
Reputable construction companies use steel shutters not to conserve wood but because its more cost effective for then. But the use of pre cast members which you refer to is more expensive but adopted when a faster project delivery is desired.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 10, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:04am On Mar 10, 2021
n3xt:

Change tack... na you dey find something.

@Egunmogaji2

Could an ignore user button have worked here sir?

I became who I am today working for a man who hated me grin grin
As a matter of fact, I hit it big from his friend whom he claimed was not a paying client. I can still remember him asking those in the office whom he can send to the guys project because he’s not a paying client grin grin

I helped the guy work on the project right in front of Tinubu’s house in Bourdillon and within 2 weeks I started getting up to 1 million per week (almost 2 decades now) and connection to high fliers.

But since yahoo, it seems humility is no longer a virtue.

Despite how harsh my boss was, I served him very well.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:45am On Mar 10, 2021
Funnyafricans:
Not exorbitant at all.
It should just be done well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:45am On Mar 10, 2021
n3xt:

@Egunmogaji2

As a matter of fact, I hit it big from his friend whom he claimed was not a paying client. I can still remember him asking those in the office whom he can send to the guys project because he’s not a paying client grin grin

I helped the guy work on the project right in front of Tinubu’s house in Bourdillon and within 2 weeks I started getting up to 1 million per week (almost 2 decades now) and connection to high fliers.

I don’t know much, but this I know. My retirement time resource is precious to me and I’m not wasteful with it. So on Twitter for example I block regularly even those that haven’t affected me negatively. Once I get the cut of your jib that it’s deplorable, off you go.

I’ve been asking Seun for this feature for at least a decade. I suspect that his bottom line enjoys the occasional fracas.

The VIP escaping the filter on your site won’t work for me.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oodua25: 8:08am On Mar 10, 2021
Hello People, roofing carpenter tells me there are 2 types of 2-by-6 planks. One type is called sawmill and is more expensive. Is this true or he is talking nonsense?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

The VIP escaping the filter on your site won’t work for me.

My Oga said that the feature is enabled for all user.

The good thing about the platform we’re operating on is that the possibilities are endless.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:56am On Mar 10, 2021
n3xt:

My Oga said that the feature is enabled for all user.

The good thing about the platform we’re operating on is that the possibilities are endless.

I meant not able to ignore a VIP. Seems elitist.

But we move grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:01am On Mar 10, 2021
Does anyone know how to make payment with Nigerian debit card on Alibaba.
I'm trying to make some purchase with my GTB card but it's not going through.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
pls if you sell roofing woods and roofing tiles, kindly mention me so I can see your previous works.

my projects is in Ilorin.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
gbadexy:
It will not go through if the purchase is more than $100.
That's cbn's new regulations to dissuade us from buying more in dollars.
You will av to open a domiciliary account if you wanna have successful transaction.
The think weak me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ibk2020:
pls if you sell roofing woods and roofing tiles, kindly mention me so I can see your previous works.

my projects is in Ilorin.
@mountmoriah
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
Still in stock,wall tiles and floor tiles
(Spanish tiles)am blessedsunny2 � located: block 10 shop 55 agric market Odun-ade bus stop, badagry expressway Coker-Lagos
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2021
gbadexy:

The $100 limitations , either you go through domiciliary account route or through flutterwave but their exchange rate is high
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 2:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
jiday4:

The $100 limitations , either you go through domiciliary account route or through flutterwave but their exchange rate is high

uncleteeh:

It will not go through if the purchase is more than $100.
That's cbn's new regulations to dissuade us from buying more in dollars.
You will av to open a domiciliary account if you wanna have successful transaction.
The think weak me.
Thank you sirs.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
n3xt:

@Egunmogaji2

Thank you Sir, for sharing your experience! I Personally Appreciate this!

Although While I was working, with my boss, At first I thought he was Nice! My colleagues that I met @ his place always complain about his attitude, but I used to preach to them to "calm down". After a month , he started showing me his disgusting attitude, he would literally complain at every little that I do, he made feel that i was useless, it got to a point I could not take it Anymore' So when he says something ridiculous I would stand & defend Myself! working with him was Like Hell! The Man is Really Complicated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
@ n3xt

Sir , I hope the date for the "2021 Sustainable interior week " hasn't change .

Anticipating......

cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
waley007:
please truck motor caries 40tons
Only 18tyres or 12tyres of China truck bucket height is 1.7m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by All4good: 3:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Oodua25:
Hello People, roofing carpenter tells me there are 2 types of 2-by-6 planks. One type is called sawmill and is more expensive. Is this true or he is talking nonsense?
Well partially true.
Sawmill, Bendel saw all refer to the complete dimension. That is if you are buying 2x6 timber, when you measure with your tape, it will be 2incheS by 6inches and straight.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
Good morning everyone today shall be a great day for us oo

https://www.nairaland.com/5349336/executive-toilet-seat-showroom-close

https://www.nairaland.com/5349288/pick-floor-wooden-tiles-here

do you have a jacuzzi/bathub for two and has a wooden texture.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: en1gma12, Rany4all(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.