Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2048) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4378960 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) (2050) (2051) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by waley007(m): 11:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
n3xt:

He’s obviously quoting for a precast parapet. A lot of homeowners have run into problems because we are looking for a builder/engineer who can speak Queens English.

I think I understand what he’s trying to do and how to handle such worker if he’s working for me. I won’t be looking for ways to only cut cost but a way to get the best out of him.
please which is precast parapet , what's the difference
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:16am On Mar 12, 2021
Final updates:

What do you think guyz?
kiss

Cc :

@zuraking @sonnie10 @BuildingProject @jasobry @Goodfaith @inze @chekitaut @EgunMogaji2 @Kopell @twinskenny @omonjoe @bixton @Uncleteeh @WestAfricaan

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:08am On Mar 12, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:35am On Mar 12, 2021
BuildingProject:

Thanks. Na @michllin I dey wait next. He just dey tour the whole country. I heard náà Sunday Igboho area he dey presently. grin grin
Hehehehehehehe. O boy opportunity full Lagos like @n3xt told me. I just dey look this town

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 3:37am On Mar 12, 2021
sonnie10:

Collaboration with stakeholders, this include clients and other team members of the organization in delivery of quality services and products while containing cost, all in a timely and effiuciant manner.

Did you extract this from my CV
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:37am On Mar 12, 2021
michlins:
Hehehehehehehe. O boy opportunity full Lagos like @n3xt told me. I just dey look this town

Smiles.

For your trade, this is the place to be!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:47am On Mar 12, 2021
hamtabfawaz:
More ! Updates!

Please House, Your discretions are welcomed!

@n3xt @Egunmogaji2 @nnadychuks @propertyvendor @topsy23 @spyder880 @gbadexy @michilins @(Everyone)

nothing beats a neat job. It's not always easy cleaning up and getting down to finishing touches in this part of the world especially with our crude tools. That's why I respect people who invest in tools like mogaji. Quickens the job and gives a more premium looks.

You did a fine job here

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:55am On Mar 12, 2021
hamtabfawaz:
@ n3xt

Sir , I hope the date for the "2021 Sustainable interior week " hasn't change .

Anticipating......

cool

No. If you’re in the whatsapp group, please check in to the preparation room.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:59am On Mar 12, 2021
@hamtabfawaz

Meanwhile, I have my eyes on this two.

Where did you get the panels in pic 1 below? I normally source mine from China.

Well done and good job!

______

Dont forget to drop your good stuffs in kobocity.com
That’s my main shop address and I have a lot of clients who are ready to buy from you and many others who offer good stuffs at the most affordable price.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:06am On Mar 12, 2021
Looked around town and I can't find stuff like these.

The attached door is the strongest I have made. It's not bullet proof but I can tell you a thief will suffer to break into the house.

2mm for the framing

2.5mm pan

1.5mm for the frame.

To be able to lift this from the ground, you really need to eat well or it will be exercise in futility.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 4:29am On Mar 12, 2021
hamtabfawaz:
Final updates:

What do you think guyz?
kiss

Cc :

@zuraking @sonnie10 @BuildingProject @jasobry @Goodfaith @inze @chekitaut @EgunMogaji2 @Kopell @twinskenny @omonjoe @bixton @Uncleteeh @WestAfricaan

The picture with blue light I'm looking at seems more decent sir. The wallpaper you removed was too horrible.
You are doing well sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 4:32am On Mar 12, 2021
waley007:
please which is precast parapet , what's the difference
Precast one is the one that has been moulded and will mainly be hung on the wall.
A lot of differences, the precast is less expensive, no formwork needed, lighter reinforcement.
Below are pictures of cast in-situ concrete fascia (parapet)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:45am On Mar 12, 2021
uncleteeh:

Precast one is the one that has been moulded and will mainly be hung on the wall.
A lot of differences, the precast is less expensive, no formwork needed, lighter reinforcement.

Thank you for sharing my fellow kobocitizen.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 4:47am On Mar 12, 2021
n3xt:

Thank you for sharing my fellow kobocitizen.
You are welcome sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:00am On Mar 12, 2021
sconp:

If it's not much of a hassle could you state what this is?

I was engaged to do a build in an estate that has a lot of restrictions on how and what can be built.
On this particular build, the major challenge is height restriction. You cannot have 3 floors regardless the size of your land.

The project designer was informed about this and was asked to redesign the project to satisfy the estate’s building requirements.

This took almost 1 year of back-n-forth and revisions with the estate’s design team. It was at this point I was engaged to redesign the first floor to reflect and achieve the proposed changes.

I engaged about 2 architects here that couldn’t get the job done until I met the young lad who introduced the concept of a double volume rooms in the upper floor. He also proposed the use of steel for the proposed slabs.

We met the estate’s requirements and was also able to achieve our goals.

______

To get approval for building in this estate is harder than getting approval from Lagos state.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Vince09: 5:27am On Mar 12, 2021
Where this above estate they... I still sell tiles orile price... 08137087366

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:32am On Mar 12, 2021
hamtabfawaz:
More ! Updates!

@n3xt @Egunmogaji2 @nnadychuks @propertyvendor @topsy23 @spyder880 @gbadexy @michilins @(Everyone)

What's your plan for the wall, do you intend to screed it?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Mar 12, 2021
uncleteeh:

Good explanation, now this is a sample of precast work when completed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:44am On Mar 12, 2021
gbadexy:

What's your plan for the wall, do you intend to screed it?

I did Screeding, and added 3D panel to the (LCD Panel /Tv console)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:53am On Mar 12, 2021
michlins:
nothing beats a neat job. It's not always easy cleaning up and getting down to finishing touches in this part of the world especially with our crude tools. That's why I respect people who invest in tools like mogaji. Quickens the job and gives a more premium looks.

You did a fine job here

Thanks Boss! Please don't Forget to recommend us to someone!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 7:05am On Mar 12, 2021
soonest:

Ok. Well so far so good.
Please how much do they charge per sqm for screeding? Any idea?
I don't have the idea. I charge screeding together with painting on negotiation not per sqm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 7:07am On Mar 12, 2021
hamtabfawaz:
Final updates:

What do you think guyz?
kiss
Cc :
the picture below, is that 3d panel or wallpaper in the TV side?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:20am On Mar 12, 2021
spyder880:

Good explanation, now this is a sample of precast work when completed.
Exactly.
Good one sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:22am On Mar 12, 2021
zuraking:
the picture below, is that 3d panel or wallpaper in the TV side?
It could be 3d pop. Some pop moulds can give 3d appearance these days.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:55am On Mar 12, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

I did Screeding, and added 3D panel to the (LCD Panel /Tv console)
Ok. I didn't see that on the update. More power to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:08am On Mar 12, 2021
Please who can fabricate this doors should indicate.. let's discuss.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nnadychuks(m): 9:21am On Mar 12, 2021
hamtabfawaz:
More ! Updates!

it's a good transformation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 9:47am On Mar 12, 2021
n3xt:
@hamtabfawaz

Meanwhile, I have my eyes on this two.

Where did you get the panels in pic 1 below? I normally source mine from China.

Well done and good job!

______

Dont forget to drop your good stuffs in kobocity.com
That’s my main shop address and I have a lot of clients who are ready to buy from you and many others who offer good stuffs at the most affordable price.

Less is always beautiful. I will take minimal decoration over cluttered and complicated one anytime - see how simple that TV stand looks. Add some greenery there like live green leaves plants in a pot and the place will look extraordinary to those that loves beauty, calmness and nature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 9:57am On Mar 12, 2021
Focusmind:

Less is always beautiful. I will take minimal decoration over cluttered and complicated one anytime - see how simple that TV stand looks. Add some greenery there like live green leaves plants in a pot and the place will look extraordinary to those that loves beauty, calmness and nature.
eil
Focusmind:

Interior Design is a field on it own... Professional in building just dazzle Into it base on client's specifications.. At the end .. it may look good to the client, but not pleasant to general public... At this stage, who is to be blamed?..

My Two Cent... Engr. Gbenga
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 10:13am On Mar 12, 2021
n3xt:

I was engaged to do a build in an estate that has a lot of restrictions on how and what can be built.
On this particular build, the major challenge is height restriction. You cannot have 3 floors regardless the size of your land.

The project designer was informed about this and was asked to redesign the project to satisfy the estate’s building requirements.

This took almost 1 year of back-n-forth and revisions with the estate’s design team. It was at this point I was engaged to redesign the first floor to reflect and achieve the proposed changes.

I engaged about 2 architects here that couldn’t get the job done until I met the young lad who introduced the concept of a double volume rooms in the upper floor. He also proposed the use of steel for the proposed slabs.

______

To get approval for building in this estate is harder than getting approval from Lagos state.

Oga N3xt, please kindly throw some light on the Double Volume Rooms..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2021
micgray100:

Oga N3xt, please kindly throw some light on the Double Volume Rooms..

Good one baba. Kindly allow me tidy up site work this morning.
I’ll do the needful later in the evening.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:34am On Mar 12, 2021
n3xt:

______

Interesting, I had the same problem with my house in North London however we have a few tricks to go round its, instead of going up we go down, is this not achievable? you excavate the whole base and build from there instead

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) (2050) (2051) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), Adedward(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.