Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4404616 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:36am On Mar 15, 2021
Abi no be the thing they’d share with us be this grin

2006 Approved Building Codes prepared in the 80s

https://epp.lagosstate.gov.ng/regulations/National_Building_Code_of_Nigeria_2006.pdf

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:49am On Mar 15, 2021
megacontrol:
Hello n3xt,

Where are you with your BUA link to supply directly from factory to Lagos market?

I assume this is what you will be using for block molding at your new project.

Will be willing to take some supplies if its available at the right price.

Thanks chief.

I’m sorry I didn’t feedback. There are bigger distributors here and my contact said I can only get through their distributors

According to him, they are no longer accepting new distributor.

When I told him I sold 12 truck within a month, he laughed and said most of distributors do over 100 truck.

I’m still working on it though until I fully settle down. For now, I’d be using Dangote for my block production.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2021
megacontrol:
I like the fact that you've been an advocate for hiring professionals.

Can you and all the practicing builders here confirm they are dully registered with NIB/NSE/COREN or other bodies as the case may be?

Can all the dully registered professionals on this forum signify, provide their registration nos for verification and state the licensing body?

This might be a good place to start from.

It appears you're not a Nigerian..........

What gives you the right to ask for such?

Maybe you should open a thread for such and put up your certification for scrutiny as the first candidate..........Or better still change the topic of this thread to suit your cravings?

Assuming everyone does according to your ridiculous statement are you going to give all of them building projects to do and you pay them according to the age of their certification and number of years of experience?

Nothing person no go see for NL..............

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:46am On Mar 15, 2021
n3xt:

Me I am advanced baba lati grin grin who controls scores of certificate holders.

You might want to pop in to my studio one day and we show you what we’ve got.
Your work is even more of a contractor, you bring professionals together to work for you.
That's the difference BTW us and Baba Láti who will want to be the architect, structural engineer, M&E engineers at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 8:01am On Mar 15, 2021
Good morning all
Enquiry for your own project today aluminium window with burglary or without
Cal or whatsapp :08069609983
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:22am On Mar 15, 2021
uncleteeh:

Your work is even more of a contractor, you bring professionals together to work for you.
That's the difference BTW us and Baba Láti who will want to be the architect, structural engineer, M&E engineers at the same time.

I think the focus of the professional bodies shouldn’t be to play the role of the skipper and the umpire but to regulate the industry and enforce strict compliance with standards.

I love the way one of my client engaged them in one of my old projects. They were always around to check the project at every critical stages. No concrete work is done until the stage is certified by the M&E and structural consultants.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2021
Sustainable Interior Design Week | First Class

In this first class, you are going to discover The Path for Sustainable Interiors.

Discover market trends and how the construction market has been drastically changing to more sustainable criteria.

We will explore:

- How sustainable change is happening
- How developing countries are dealing with sustainable projects
- Behind the scenes of sustainable interior strategies
- Case Studies from all over the world

The class is free!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:20am On Mar 15, 2021
bixton:

Maybe you should open a thread for such and put up your certification for scrutiny as the first candidate..........Or better still change the topic of this thread to suit your cravings?

Assuming everyone does according to your ridiculous statement are you going to give all of them building projects to do and you pay them according to the age of their certification and number of years of experience?

The thing no reach so na. As you just hear verification, your blood just dey hot.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2021
n3xt:

Me I am advanced baba lati grin grin who controls scores of certificate holders.

You this man, actually I like your comments/ answer “advance baba Lati

Once you are ADVANCED baba Lati, baba uche,
You bare a professional
There so many things attached to the word “Advanced”
-Education
-theory
- practical
- seminars
-thinking out of box
- certificates
Etc

Not the so called baba Lati that can only work on assumptions as ( bricklayer, carpenter, QS, structural engr, etc)

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:16am On Mar 15, 2021
n3xt:

You are a professional
-Education
-theory
- practical
- seminars
-thinking out of box
- certificates
Etc

Not the so called baba Lati that can only work on assumptions as ( bricklayer, carpenter, QS, structural engr, etc)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2021
diordaves:

The thing no reach so na. As you just hear verification, your blood just dey hot.

I am not hot blooded.

He should have also requested for certifications/trade test from baba lati, iron fitter, window fabricator, pop installer etc,etc, etc, and make verifications at the relevant bodies.

If one wants to work professional he/she should go down the whole mile. I'm certain that's what is obtainable in where you resident..........

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
rotecch77:

You are a professional
-Education
-theory
- practical
- seminars
-thinking out of box
- certificates
Etc

Yes na! I’m baba lati who have invested over $15,000 on trainings and international certifications and also forging strategic partnership with established global brands.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
bixton:

Sir there is no need to be this aggressive, he is just suggesting an idea that is being practiced around the world. We understand our system and government don’t have visions, not ready for national planning for development. Why do I say this, everything in our country is politic, tribalism. People are loyal to their tribe them country. How can we develop with these kinds of mentality.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2021
kopell:
Sir there is no need to be this aggressive, he is just suggesting an idea that is being practiced around the world. We understand our system and government don’t have visions, not ready for national planning for development. Why do I say this, everything in our country is politic, tribalism. People are loyal to their tribe them country. How can we develop with these kinds of mentality.

Sir...

Do you also agree to this.........

He should have also requested for certifications/trade test from baba lati, iron fitter, window fabricator, pop installer etc,etc, etc, and make verifications at the relevant bodies.

If one wants to work professional he/she should go down the whole mile.

This is the way it's practiced around the world that Nigeria seems not to be part of..........

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by whirlwind7(m): 2:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Huh?
He needs to climb up there to take a dump or even pee?
Hope whoever that is doesn't trip and break a bone one night.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
nnadychuks:
yes I’m in Delta too but I sell only the materials (POP cement and fiber).
POP CEMENT:
ABS: #7,300
Top white: 7000

Inside life

In December, i bought N9000

May be I should have waited
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
bixton:

Sir...

Do you also agree to this.........

If one wants to work professional he/she should go down the whole mile.

This is the way it's practiced around the world that Nigeria seems not to be part of..........

Sir, both of you are right. If we have functional systems that work from top to bottom all these things is not what we be discussing online, though the rules are completely different when it comes government contracts.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
Good afternoon, please I need someone to help me images of fence dressing and designs that I can adopt for my fence.

@n3xt,
Please help me look into your archive, something minimalistic smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2021
davodyguy:

Inside life

Abs now 6500
JK 6000

In my location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
Jasobry:

Abs now 6500
JK 6000

In my location

Inside life shocked cry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EazyMoh(m): 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
Jasobry:

Abs now 6500
JK 6000

In my location
Where pls?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2021
EazyMoh:

Where pls?

Enugu

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
sinorte:
Good afternoon, please I need someone to help me images of fence dressing and designs that I can adopt for my fence.

@n3xt,
Please help me look into your archive, something minimalistic smiley

I wish you were in the sustainable design class and you’ll see how we’ve ALL being doing it wrong.

From our class today, minimalistic design was re-explained as process of editing your lifestyle.
When you have too much in your design, you’re creating more to maintain, replace and secure.

The world is moving towards using very little to achieve a lot. We are moving in the opposite direction. grin

_____

Ill look into something simple and share.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
kopell:
Sir, both of you are right. If we have functional systems that work from top to bottom all these things is not what we be discussing online, though the rules are completely different when it comes government contracts.

Sir,.......
It's quite disheartening that we do not have functional systems but we have good operational systems that enables jobs/projects to be executed. Many of these is because we as individuals in one way or the other are either complacent or negligent.

The construction industry has alot of professional bodies/institutions under it directly/indirectly........even people doing logistics/supply are not exempted.

Let the proposed bill be re-written properly and penalities be spelt out for defaulters from both clients to professionals of all cadres............

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qwertyboss(m): 5:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
abdulwastecx:

I have an architect friend with jobs in Kaduna and Kano, I will see him to know if he has space.
okay, thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
davodyguy:

Inside life

E good as you do am o. At least you don do that one comot from ground. Na there you go dey, dey await and dey draw yansh back and before you know it, you don use the money chop "point and kill" and drink better beverage or life go create other expenses because the money dey there dey breath. Fast forward to when price come drop, you go begin find the money, you no go see. Na then you go begin ask yourself: What did I do with the money?

Anything that needs doing and I have the ability to do it, I just do it and get it out of the way. If I don't save on this occasion, I will save on another aspect. Delay is dangerouse.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
bixton:

Sir,.......
It's quite disheartening that we do not have functional systems but we have good operational systems that enables jobs/projects to be executed. Many of these is because we as individuals in one way or the other are either complacent or negligent.

The construction industry has alot of professional bodies/institutions under it directly/indirectly........even people doing logistics/supply are not exempted.

Let the proposed bill be re-written properly and penalities be spelt out for defaulters from both clients to professionals of all cadres............

grin grin

Oga, laws are meant for the people and not the people for the law. Sometimes, in making laws we balance the harm vs benefit. In the the case of housing in Nigeria as a whole, we have a problem that outweighs any benefit from draconian law and this is in most communities. That problem is the shortage of livable (not even affordable ) housing. Common sense and discretion should be applied, so that we don't throw the baby away with the bath water. Wisdom means we cannot pull down a one bedroom apartment of a widow because she did not follow building codes and could not use the service of professionals. The argument might be in favor of safety and standard but my grandmother has been living in her house which was built before the war till date.

We will get to that point you envisaged when government starts providing free or affordable housing for the citizens who cannot afford a standard house of their own. In countries where we copy these laws, at least that is the first thing they have in place, that way nobody would have any excuse to build an undesirable house.
Secondly, where is the data that shows that there is an urgent problem, that poorly constructed houses are killing or are causing safety issues for Nigerian?
What is the average household income of most Nigerians and compare that to the cost of building a standard family house (2-3 bedroom)?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
sonnie10:

Oga, laws are meant for the people and not the people for the law. Sometimes, in making laws we balance the harm vs benefit. In the the case of housing in Nigeria as a whole, we have a problem that outweighs any draconian law and this is in most communities. That problem is the shortage of livable (not even affordale ) housing. Common sense and discretion should be applied, so that we don't throw the baby away with the bath water. Wisdom means we cannot pull down a one bedroom apartment of a widow because she did not follow building codes and could not use the service of professionals. The argument might be in favour of safety and standard but my grandmother has been living in her house which was built before the war till date.

We will get to that point you envisaged when government start providing free or affordable housing for the citizens who cannot afford a standard house of their own. In contries where we copy these law, at least that is the first thing they have in place, that way nobody would have any excuse to build an undesirable house.
Secondly, where is the data that shows that there is an urget problem. That poorly contrusted houses are killing or causing saftey issues for Nigerian?
What is the average household income of most Nigerians and compare that to the cost of building a standard family house (2-3 bedroom)?

Well let's start with the advocator(s) regarding the bolded if anything there's to go by.....since he's(they are) now the self appointed investigator(s) of geninue/ up to date certification/registration numbers for practicing professionals.......

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sufisunni: 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2021
abdulwastecx:

I have an architect friend with jobs in Kaduna and Kano, I will see him to know if he has space.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2021
Wait, who is this loose cannon?
Where did you fall from?

Oh I see... You are one of the quacks parading as professional. That explains why you sound so pained.

Pls drop your contact number, let me check something.
Abi you don’t like to collect jobs as an untrained and unlicensed QS?

No wonder you’re equating yourself to artisans and unskilled labor. No difference actually.

Na them!

P.S: Drop your digits let’s help your career offline.

bixton:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2021
Today na licensing day grin grin

To all of us (Pro, Pro Max, licensed and cowboys) using unlicensed and illegal immigrants from Benin Republic on our projects , I wish us a Happy Builders Week!

I knew what to expect from this end so I’m not surprised at all.

In the other news, let me share with you what me and over 40,000 baba latis around the world learnt today from the sustainable interior design week.

New knowledge of passive and sustainable house design gained.

I got exposed to new tools that makes designing for sustainability as easy as pie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m), praise010(m), Juxtix88, collab and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.