Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2052) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383850 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mueeze(m): 10:36pm On Mar 13, 2021
Good Evening,

I have recently been seeing a lot of ads on Instagram for laminate and spc flooring as alternative to ceramic tiles.

Are they a better alternative in terms of pricing and durability?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2021
zuraking:
the picture below, is that 3d panel or wallpaper in the TV side?

it's 3D Panel
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:52am On Mar 14, 2021
Mueeze:
Good Evening,

I have recently been seeing a lot of ads on Instagram for laminate and spc flooring as alternative to ceramic tiles.

Are they a better alternative in terms of pricing and durability?

No!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 3:34am On Mar 14, 2021
chidi4eze:

You didn’t state if it’s the piping alone or finishing or even both.

My house is a four bedroom bungalow plus a study room and here is the quotation I got for just the piping work.
Thanks

I will clarify
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:28am On Mar 14, 2021
Chekitaut:
Contact us for best Quality & Quantity delivery of Granite.
30tons Price List
Lagos Mainland @₦215,000
Lagos. Island, Ikoyi, V.I, Lekki-Ajah @₦220,000
Ibeji all through to Sangotedo @₦215,000
Mile2 all through to Badagry price from ₦220,000 to ₦270,000.

Prompt delivery.
08055545355, 08032887233.

My sure chairman. Tnx for the prompt delivery. I got just exactly what I ordered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:43am On Mar 14, 2021
Horlardorjah:

God bless you, people will just come out here and be saying what they don't know which is not a crime though but for them to be corrected will seem to them like you attacking them.

I even used those rollers for sliding wooden door on two sites last year in ogwashuku n asaba both in Delta State . the use is not limited to glazed doors only self

Please do you still have pictures of the sliding wooden door? Please do share if you have any picture sample
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:29am On Mar 14, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Somebody will be spending 150,000 on pipes alone fro 3 bedroom..

Na wa o..

Go lean. When there’s problem, I always look for opportunities.

This is the time for integrators to chop. You’ll eventually discover that going smart in all builds will be far more cheaper in the long run.

With smart wiring, you can have a combination of many different types of wires used around the home into a single location, which allows for the integration of many different smart home systems and sensors throughout your home.

Because there are not so many practicing professionals in the naija construction industry (we only have certificate holders who run to govt every time there’s a problem), we tend to feel all these manufacturers can keep holding us to ransom when there are thousands of alternatives to explore.

Before IP networks, we have X10 technologies in the time past.

____

For almost a decade, I’ve been able to cut off the cost of having switches installed to power my gate and fence lights. Neither do I have special control box for my dc pump.
Everything is powered from my automatic gate controller using the cheapest wires.

Integration is the next BIG thing.

What’s the point of having light switches when there are motion-activated or day/night light?
_____

Pic 1 - I had this installed in my build in 2012. I’m looking for something better like in pic 2.

Instead of having multiple wall sockets, you can do 1 and have USB over CAT6 installed in all rooms.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:52am On Mar 14, 2021
n3xt:

Go lean. When there’s problem, I always look for opportunities.

This is the time for integrators to chop. You’ll eventually discover that going smart in all builds will be far more cheaper in the long run.

With smart wiring, you can have a combination of many different types of wires used around the home into a single location, which allows for the integration of many different smart home systems and sensors throughout your home.

Because there are not so many practicing professionals in the naija construction industry (we only have certificate holders who run to govt every time there’s a problem), we tend to feel all these manufacturers can keep holding us to ransom when there are thousands of alternatives to explore.

Before IP networks, we have X10 technologies in the time past.

____

For almost a decade, I’ve been able to cut off the cost of having switches installed to power my gate and fence lights. Neither do I have special control box for my dc pump.
Everything is powered from my automatic gate controller using the cheapest wires.

Integration is the next BIG thing.

What’s the point of having light switches when there are motion-activated or day/night light?
_____

Pic 1 - I had this installed in my build in 2012. I’m looking for something better like in pic 2.

Instead of having multiple wall sockets, you can do 1 and have USB over CAT6 installed in all rooms.

I’m enjoying all these Sir. Reason is I won’t be accused of doing Americana things since you’re already doing them here.

Next time I go to site I’ll take a picture of my construction information stand grin

Anyways pictured is what I’ll be using in each room. I brought this from the USA. Cat 5e and above cable can bring power, audio and video on one cable.

My 6 year old child in the USA grew up not using wall switches because my house is automated by Amazons Alexa and Samsung’s SnarThings.

Spaces have no light switches because sensors detect when you enter and on the light and then off them all based on time of day.

Strategic lights come on when you’re at a set distance from the house, etc

ImTHEpossible.

https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-home/

https://www.amazon.com/alexa-skills/b?ie=UTF8&node=13727921011

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:59am On Mar 14, 2021
What happened to using cable trays instead of buying one useless dignity pipes that does no more than protect wires from being ate by rodents grin grin

I am part of the integrators of the Palm mall. We don’t always do all these nonsense pipes. If you see any standard mall where all these useless stuffs are used, please let me know.

Happy New Week!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:25am On Mar 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’m enjoying all these Sir. Reason is I won’t be accused of doing Americana things since you’re already doing them here.

Next time I go to site I’ll take a picture of my construction information stand grin

Anyways pictured is what I’ll be using in each room. I brought this from the USA. Cat 5e and above cable can bring power, audio and video on one cable.

My 6 year old child in the USA grew up not using wall switches because my house is automated by Amazons Alexa and Samsung’s SnarThings.

Spaces have no light switches because sensors detect when you enter and on the light and then off them all based on time of day.

Strategic lights come on when you’re at a set distance from the house, etc

ImTHEpossible.

https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-home/

https://www.amazon.com/alexa-skills/b?ie=UTF8&node=13727921011

There’s a limit to what I can share though especially on private builds but all I can say is that everything is here.

@construction information stand grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
n3xt:
What happened to using cable trays instead of buying one useless dignity pipes that does no more than protect wires from being ate by rodents grin grin

I am part of the integrators of the Palm mall. We don’t always do all these nonsense pipes. If you see any standard mall where all these useless stuffs are used, please let me know.

Happy New Week!

It is not advisable to use cable tray or cable basket for single core cables because of single insulation. Flexible cable is advisable on cable trays or basket, flexible cable have double insulation. Also remember that the price of flexible cable is smiling in the cable. I have worked with client that the consultant design for cable basket and all cable used were all flexible from coleman. But the total cost of the cable is about 3.8m. I normally use it when it comes to armoured cable or bigger size of with double insulation.

Check this thread for installation done using cable tray
https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/25

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
n3xt:
What happened to using cable trays instead of buying one useless dignity pipes that does no more than protect wires from being ate by rodents

Happy New Week!
Cable trays!
There's a huge difference and recommendations between industrial/commercial and private/residential build.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
topsy23:

It is not advisable to use cable tray or cable basket for single core cables because of single insulation. Flexible cable is advisable on cable trays or basket, flexible cable have double insulation. Also remember that the price of flexible cable is smiling in the cable. I have worked with client that the consultant design for cable basket and all cable used were all flexible from coleman. But the total cost of the cable is about 3.8m. I normally use it when it comes to armoured cable or bigger size of with double insulation.

Check this thread for installation done using cable tray
https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/25

This is very valid. I assume we were doing MDUs here grin

By the way I saw these cool stuffs while checking your thread. That’s excellent job! I believe you’re using power tools to cut those walls. This ain’t baba lati way.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
omanzo02:

Cable trays!
There's a huge difference and recommendations between industrial/commercial and private/residential build.

Don’t mind me baba! Topsy has put me back on track.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
The frontrow is getting filled fast...

Don’t forget to check our build XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome.

Kobocitizens: https://www.kobocity.com/d/157-construction-journal-xl6-trillion-atrium-house-by-nexthome/30

Nairalanders: https://www.nairaland.com/6450270/construction-journal-xl6-trillion-atrium

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
n3xt:

This is very valid. I assume we were doing MDUs here grin

By the way I saw these cool stuffs while checking your thread. That’s excellent job! I believe you’re using power tools to cut those walls. This ain’t baba lati way.

We use cutting machine and drilling machine to achieve that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 7:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
pls is concrete parapet same as cast insitu parapet?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 8:01pm On Mar 14, 2021
qwertyboss:

I need someone to connect me with an engineer in Kano for internship to gain more experience and someone here suggested that you might be of help...

I have an architect friend with jobs in Kaduna and Kano, I will see him to know if he has space.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ibk2020:
pls is concrete parapet same as cast insitu parapet?

Is same thing... Concrete parapet mean.. parapet done with concrete as material...

insitu parapet means parapet done with concrete material AND concrete material mixed on site and pour to the permanent place on site and allowed to dry evenly in it permanent place ....

precast parapet is opposite insitu parapet..

Engr.. Gbenga from Zaria Kaduna
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
Good Evening house ! Please i need Someone based in Enugu State to help me check out my new Potential client's site Location, @ independence Layout in Enugu State! So as to give me insight!
The man is proposing to give me the job!

Please! Kindly get back to me on WhatsApp : o7oI696lloI

Buildingproject
Propertyvendor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danchuzzy(m): 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
abdulwastecx:

I have an architect friend with jobs in Kaduna and Kano, I will see him to know if he has space.

Any opportunities in Port Harcourt? Would really appreciate it too cry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 5:22am On Mar 15, 2021
hamtabfawaz:
Good Evening house ! Please i need Someone based in Enugu State to help me check out my new Potential client's site Location, @ independence Layout in Enugu State! So as to give me insight!
The man is proposing to give me the job!

Please! Kindly get back to me on WhatsApp : o7oI696lloI

Contact dubemcapital

Buildingproject
Propertyvendor

Contact dubemcapital

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 5:24am On Mar 15, 2021
I like the fact that you've been an advocate for hiring professionals.

Can you and all the practicing builders here confirm they are dully registered with NIB/NSE/COREN or other bodies as the case may be?

Can all the dully registered professionals on this forum signify, provide their registration nos for verification and state the licensing body?

This might be a good place to start from.

rotecch77:
Builders day going on across the nation right now.
Stop patronizing quacks today.
Engage professional builders

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:35am On Mar 15, 2021
megacontrol:
I like the fact that you've been an advocate for hiring professionals.

Can you and all the practicing builders here confirm they are dully registered with NIB/NSE/COREN or other bodies as the case may be?

Can all the dully registered professionals on this forum signify, provide their registration nos for verification and state the licensing body?

This might be a good place to start from.

Me I am advanced baba lati grin grin who controls scores of certificate holders.

You might want to pop in to my studio one day and we show you what we’ve got.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:42am On Mar 15, 2021
I don’t attend naija builders’ week but something far more enriching and advanced locally and internationally

Neither do I put on facecaps and “I’m a builder” T-shirt.

We’ve compared stuffs and we knew those who can add true value.

________
@rotecch77

You might want to share contents from the Builders week with us. Let’s compare stuffs.
I recently went through naijas building code, I cannot but smile.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:48am On Mar 15, 2021
In Few Hours begins the Sustainable Interior Design⠀Week, where hundreds of advanced baba lati’s will learn and discover how to create, operate and manage a sustainable architecture business.

The event will occur in 5 live classes:

Part 1 - Monday, March 15th at 12 PM UTC
Part 2 - Tuesday, March 16th at 12 PM UTC
Part 3 - Wednesday, March 17th at 12 PM UTC
Part 4 - Thursday, March 18th at 12 PM UTC
Part 5 - Friday, March 19th at 12 PM UTC*

It’s a livecast event which will change your perception about sustainable design.

Stay Green! 
 ⠀   ⠀

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:56am On Mar 15, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 5:58am On Mar 15, 2021
Your message is understood but let's be clear that this is a gross exaggeration.

The problem with such misinformation is that you could potentially discourage others from venturing or even make someone pay more than they should while thinking they got a fair deal.

If you want to, you may state the amount you were billed and what it covers.

One thing you can bank on with Elegushi is that once you pay in full at commencement nobody shows up at your site again. That's a big deal for a prime location, especially when compared to what obtains in some other areas.

As per the legality... we've been told many times by LASG that they are illegal and you don't have to pay anyone anything. It's then up to us what we make of that.

Greenarrow01:

The problem is all these things have no law backing. But our govs. And law makers are aware and don't want to destroy those practices.
It's shameful.
They all keep quiet cos anyone who says a word about it won't be re-elected
I once saw the omonile price for elegusi, the money is even enough to build a mini duplex lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:33am On Mar 15, 2021
It's a new opportunity to do something different. Happy new new

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:36am On Mar 15, 2021
Hello n3xt,

Where are you with your BUA link to supply directly from factory to Lagos market?

I assume this is what you will be using for block molding at your new project.

Will be willing to take some supplies if its available at the right price.

Thanks chief.

n3xt:

I know it’s cool and very strong. I’ll talk to my friend about pricing and revert.

n3xt:
How's BUA Cement in Ajah? Is it a Better Alternative or Not?

I have access to direct supply from the factory.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: alphabbey1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.