Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2080) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4394820 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by edoman2016: 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2021
jabolo:

Busy is an understatement. More an assault on the senses IMO.

Minimalism as a concept in interior decorations has much to be recommended. Neutral colors, thoughtful living spaces etc.

You get a sense of calmness as well, if your brain is not constantly but subliminally overworked with the ever present visual stimulation.

And, if you really want to go bohemian on a whim, do it with something easily removed/replaced (like a rug or painting). Perhaps not something permanently etched like these examples.

Horses for courses though.

While you have a good point, but every one has their own taste!

Interior design is the art & science of understanding people's behaviour to create functional spaces.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
Dear Ogas,

I am caught in between painting and tiling the frontage of my build. I have seen half tiles and half painting and also full tiles /full paints.

Please advise, I wish to follow the current trend.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2021
diordaves:

Wahala dey o.

So how much is the tile per sqm that was said to be too expensive, so we should look at brutalist industrial concrete floor as an option?

People save up and look for nice tiles and tile your home. Tiles are the crowning glory if you pick wisely. How will I spend 30 million to build a duplex or bungalow, come put interlocking floor for inside parlour and even kitchen. Which kind tight-hand be that? Tiling na the last mile. Close eye and finish strong. It is what it is. You are going to spend millions any which way, so why finish shabbily if care is not taken.

That's why i quoted "(Luxury stuff)"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2021
For your peace of mind, give me your jobs.

Relax and let your money work for you. You can't be paying me and still be calling on phone to know the pace of your jobs

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
Do I really need a 12mm rod for fence coping? Am struggling to understand why am told is needed just to mount a barb wire.. shocked shocked shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Yeah
That 3d used doesn't go well with me, the house no bẹ aquarium or aqua related na.
Don't you think it will be scary to children?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2021
diordaves:

Yes. The guys at IITA planted the trees in about 1.5meters interval in a straight line just like you would with a block fence. And it worked. As the trees mature, the demarcation and sense of presence was so pronounced that one can't make the mistake of encroachment. And to be honest, the trees added more value to the land than the stolen wire fence.
Cool. Super fantastic. And at the end one can sell off the trees to lumber men.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 5:10pm On Mar 27, 2021
Good day great people,
Your girl needs your help again oh. Please what colour of chair will be good for the attached wall colour? Please some should help.

Very greatful to God so far and also thanking you all.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2021
twoMcfemad:
Dear Ogas,

I am caught in between painting and tiling the frontage of my build. I have seen half tiles and half painting and also full tiles /full paints.

Thanks
I will advise painting of walls at all times. Very easy to change wen the appearance becomes boring.
If you had introduced different elements to the approach view the look will be fantastic when the colours are combined.
Tiles too can be used for little finishes like column's(pillar) base.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
uncleteeh:

I will advise painting of walls at all times. Very easy to change wen the appearance becomes boring.
If you had introduced different elements to the approach view the look will be fantastic when the colours are combined.
Tiles too can be used for little finishes like column's(pillar) base.

Thank you sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nero2424:
Do I really need a 12mm rod for fence coping? Am struggling to understand why am told is needed just to mount a barb wire.. shocked shocked shocked
12mm is too much for such. Go for 10/8mm.
Some do use quarter rods too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
uncleteeh:

12mm is too much for such. Go for 10/8mm.
Some do use quarter rods too.

Can I do without rods for coooing if the fence have casted pillars already? Between I saw your number is watsapp. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2021
twoMcfemad:
Dear Ogas,

Thanks

Use bricks for the front. The South African bricks if you have the money. Natural bricks makes the house look distint. Combine painting some portion of the walls white and some natural bricks not tiles.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2021
Qc1:

Amen. Again and again. May God bless you and your family abundantly. May you never lack. May you never be defrauded with all your life savings by an imposter / incompetent builder in Jesus's name. May you always listen to advice when you are warned of danger and 419, even thought you're trying to give that person a second chance from the goodness of your heart. May Lord God of Isreal always fix whatever problem or troubles you may encounter in your life regardless of the situations and circumstances. May you grow in wisdom and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, for in him be the glory from now and eternity.

He who has ears let him hear, he who has wisdom let him say "Amen".

I deliberately add those pictures below to show that Jesus is Lord and God truly helps when all hope is lost. Praise the Lord!

Amen, amen!
I am humbled by your prayer, I thank you very much.
May the good Lord continue to protect our harvest from the devourer and his agents

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2021
Focusmind:

Use bricks for the front. The South African bricks if you have the money. Natural bricks makes the house look distint. Combine painting some portion of the walls white and some natural bricks not tiles.

Good one. I have seen this somewhere and it looks so good. Budget is tight as its a kobokobo project as Hajj M would say.

What of those Quarry stones, common in Abeokuta? Can it replace the bricks? Or do we have those bricks here at kobokobo cost?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hapiness44(f): 8:11pm On Mar 27, 2021
somehow:

Did your husband do that wine chair?

Looks imported. I like the professionalism

Thanks for the compliment, Yes, all the jobs I post are done by him, unedited pictures with his phone.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2021
hapiness44:

Thanks for the complete, Yes, all the jobs I post are done by him, unedited pictures with his phone.
Bookmarked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nero2424:

Can I do without rods for coooing if the fence have casted pillars already? Between I saw your number is watsapp. Thanks
Hmmm, no, I can't encourage such. Concrete as such needs reinforcement. Remember sir, the edges of the coping will be extending beyond the walls.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hapiness44(f): 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2021
yinkaoke:
Good day great people,
Your girl needs your help again oh. Please what colour of chair will be good for the attached wall colour? Please some should help.

Congrats Ma, my husband makes beautiful furniture and he will be glad to share creative ideas with you. Please check out the thread I created to showcase his works

https://www.nairaland.com/4545349/please-check-out-beautiful-unique

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2021
twoMcfemad:

Good one. I have seen this somewhere and it looks so good. Budget is tight as its a kobokobo project as Hajj M would say.

What of those Quarry stones, common in Abeokuta? Can it replace the bricks? Or do we have those bricks here at kobokobo cost?

Sure. Natural stones and bricks anytime for me. Get those Abeokuta/Ondo stones, break them to different pieces and sizes and get a good baba Lati to finish the work. You would like the natural feel of the building. Note also that those stones are not cheap except if you are residing within the SW states.

If you have access to those stones and they come cheap to you, you may decide to cover a greater percentage of the wall areas with stones. The feel will be everlasting - come rain, come shine, it remaineth the same.

Natural stones and bricks will always make your building to stand out. Whoever passes your street will always take a second look at the building.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Slimdan360: 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
pls u people should look at this quote o,cost of wiring minus workmanship of #70,000,is #650,000

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2021
yinkaoke:
Good day great people,

The chair should somehow mirror the curtain or blind or even the centre rug and not necessary the paint on the wall. What type or colour of the curtain are you going to use? It is also a determining factor.

However, dark chocolate leather or sued carton can go with this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2021
Focusmind:

Sure. Natural stones and bricks anytime for me. Get those Abeokuta/Ondo stones, break them to different pieces and sizes and get a good baba Lati to finish the work. You would like the natural feel of the building. Note also that those stones are not cheap except if you are residing within the SW states.

If you have access to those stones and they come cheap to you, you may decide to cover a greater percentage of the wall areas with stones. The feel will be everlasting - come rain, come shine, it remaineth the same.

Natural stones and bricks will always make your building to stand out. Whoever passes your street will always take a second look at the building.

I think this is it. Let me begin sea cry
Focusmind:

I think this is it. Let me begin search for the stones. Thank you very much,sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2021
kingzsoul:

How is ur project going sir

We are pushing boss. Thanks for asking. How about yours?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
Please in case you get the stones, kindly share. I want to follow suit. I have been thinking of that too. Regards
twoMcfemad:

I think this is it. Let me begin sea cry

I think this is it. Let me begin search for the stones. Thank you very much,sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 10:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
princenomics:
Please in case you get the stones, kindly share. I want to follow suit. I have been thinking of that too. Regards

I spoke with few Baba Láti and Baba Muideen. My preliminary findings has it that it was these Big stones that were crushed at the quarry site to make granite. Hence, the granite suppliers could also get these stones, and the bricklayers will now break them into suitable sizes for fixing.

I wish I can see pictures of where it was recently done...

cc: Focusmind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 12:16am On Mar 28, 2021
Few days ago, my pet project, https://www.kobocity.com, was drawn into disrepute when someone questioned our very existent. While I tried as much as I could to remain calm, I was accused of being the same person as brabus, n3xt and as being a fraud the the same fellow, Mmotimo.

Kobocity was birthed on 29th December, 2020 when someone tried to derail this lovely thread; we went live on 1st January 2021. Here is how it began https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/1875#97540059 To this moment, the project is open to all to join. It's a community, we can all be proud of.
(naijapal is an account I, mank1234, created for the purpose of promoting the project). I excused myself from kobocity for few days in preparation for a possible shutdown of the platform.

I can announce that Kobocity will not be shutdown. It won't. The many thank you I have received this far is enough motivation to keep it running. I am motivated by the need to serve; my definition of success aligns with Ralph Waldo Emerson's definition of success. I want a platform where everyone is respected, and discussion flows without the usual rancor we experience here.

I did promise to make my position known after I do my own investigation.

Based on the information available in this thread and others I could referenced, I couldn't establish that n3xt defrauded anyone (however, in one instance, he recommended someone who did). In my opinion, his major undoing in most of the cases was accepting to refund the complainants when it's not his fault only to halt the refund.
Pertinent questions for his accusers:
*if you recommend someone to do a work for Mr A and the person fails to deliver, should you be saddled with the responsibility of refunding?
*if Mr A gives you the go ahead to do a job and he later decide he doesn't want it again, will you refund for a job already done?
*as someone posted earlier, which fraudster put all his personal information out there willingly and knowingly?

To n3xt, I don't believe that any contractor is fighting you. The issues you failed to nib in the bud is; It doesn't mean that other contractors don't have issues but probably they've learnt the act of conflict management/resolution. Anyone doing a search of your profile would reach the same conclusion as your accuser if the person doesn't read through correspondences.

It's my last post on this. Note:I won't reply quotes of this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Limult: 2:04am On Mar 28, 2021
Limult Group is an African architectural firm that provides for natural housing solution by specializing in the construction of burnt bricks and hut houses in Nigeria. For anything, red bricks, hut and thatch housing always choose u to give you the best natural African architecture.

Visit our website on www.limult.com and call us on 07052446249

#limultbricks #limulthut #limultafricanarchitecture

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:51am On Mar 28, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome

First milestone completed. We moving on up.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:04am On Mar 28, 2021
New Post Alert! Alternatives to Tiles on kobocity.com

https://www.kobocity.com/d/180-alternative-for-tiles
_______
Pic 1 - Inspecting a modern bath without the usual traditions
Pic 2 - Tiles, stone and rug crossover
Pic 3 - White pebble stone floor

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:11am On Mar 28, 2021
Fresh and Upcoming!

Concept+Design by NextHome. Drawings submitted for LASG approval

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.