Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2082) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377573 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
kingzsoul:

Pushing it too. Starting filling soon

Congratulations bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2021
n3xt:

Smiles.

Thanks bro for sharing.

There are five conflict management/resolution strategies

1. Avoiding (no winner/no loser)
2. Accommodating (lose/win)
3. Compromising (win some/lose some)
4. Competing (win/lose)
5. Collaborating (win/win)

I found out a lot of homeowners on nairaland are always playing to win all the time. Issues will arise, the best way forward is to collaborate to solve the problem.

_______

Case Study
Price of materials went up during my ongoing build, we never went back for variation nor stopped the project. We worked together (collaborate) to find a common ground where everyone wins.

The process of working through differences will lead to creative solutions that will satisfy both parties' concerns.

But to some, na fight to finish grin grin

You sound like a project manager, are you?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
spyder880:

You always deliver. I am a living witness to your good services.
and as always, I'm grateful for the opportunity you gave me. And to you @Gbadesky, thanks for the lifeline

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aheadahead20: 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
Abolarin91:
Total perimeter is 90.7m.
7 bundles of galvanize barb wire
34 pieces of Y-angle iron

is it necessary to do the fence capping prior to installation of the barb wires?

( the fence currently does not have any fence cap).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stevo30: 11:10pm On Mar 28, 2021
This is it. At times, i wish i have a building project in Abuja. Stones are such in abundance here. I can even get few guys and take them to any rock in Abuja. The rocks are free and everywhere. The process is simple get firewood, set some portion of the rock on fire, get some musle guys with heavy sledge hammer and the rock start peeling off in sheets. I have seen this process done so many times. The only time i built in abuja was for a short commercial lease that didn't require all the trims.

Focusmind:

Sure. Natural stones and bricks anytime for me. Get those Abeokuta/Ondo stones, break them to different pieces and sizes and get a good baba Lati to finish the work. You would like the natural feel of the building. Note also that those stones are not cheap except if you are residing within the SW states.

If you have access to those stones and they come cheap to you, you may decide to cover a greater percentage of the wall areas with stones. The feel will be everlasting - come rain, come shine, it remaineth the same.

Natural stones and bricks will always make your building to stand out. Whoever passes your street will always take a second look at the building.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2021
Contact us today for all kinds of aluminium window with buglery or without burglary
Call or whatSapp:-08069609983
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 1:41am On Mar 29, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Sound like hasty judgement, what we preach against everytime. Adding the curse word again to this is totally unacceptable.
i have been following this brabus accusations for over 11years on nairaland now. Not 1 2 or 3 victims and i have always wanted him to proved everyone wrong but he failed. Some time 2014 I listened yo the recorded call btw him and a client and it really exposed things about him. Why can't we try to be human instead of causing others pains by defrauding them. This brabus may never change again.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 4:09am On Mar 29, 2021
Stevo30:
This is it. At times, i wish i have a building project in Abuja. Stones are such in abundance here. I can even get few guys and take them to any rock in Abuja. The rocks are free and everywhere. The process is simple get firewood, set some portion of the rock on fire, get some musle guys with heavy sledge hammer and the rock start peeling off in sheets. I have seen this process done so many times. The only time i built in abuja was for a short commercial lease that didn't require all the trims.

We have this in abundance in the south west too. The same thing for clay. I think we just got lazier all in the name of advancement.

Faradng is also doing great with natural stone walls and ornaments.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:40am On Mar 29, 2021
Good morning to everyone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 6:47am On Mar 29, 2021
stanley000:
i have been following this brabus accusations for over 11years on nairaland now. Not 1 2 or 3 victims and i have always wanted him to proved everyone wrong but he failed. Some time 2014 I listened yo the recorded call btw him and a client and it really exposed things about him. Why can't we try to be human instead of causing others pains by defrauding them. This brabus may never change again.

People need to move on.....any prospective clients should do their investigation and draw their own conclusions..point-blank...enough with inquisitive opinions and hasty accusations including malignant falsehoods....
This thread is here to help anyone....This is not about brabus here and there....

Me I am not building anything at the moment..here to pass time read fantastic ideas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 7:11am On Mar 29, 2021
We're still waiting or our next clients.

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder but the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 7:12am On Mar 29, 2021
dongc:

People need to move on.....any perspective clients should do their investigation..point-blank...enough with inquisitive opinions and hasty accusations including malignant falsehoods....
This thread is here to help anyone....This is not about brabus here and there....

Me I am not building anything at the moment..here to pass time read fantastic ideas
dongc,
God bless you!
I am tired of reading NONSENSE.
There are lots of fantastic ideas here,MMotimo wants to spoil the thread,
It will not work for her!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 8:03am On Mar 29, 2021
KolaShangOne:
What do you think?

My Ogas @spyder880 @abdulwastecx @segzy14 @n3xt @mufutau55 @Egunmogaji2 and everyone else..

What do you think about using stamped concrete floor indoors? It is definitely cheaper than using tiles.

It's definitely cheaper than using tiles. One can try that out on a small low-cost project I guess

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:39am On Mar 29, 2021
Happy new week to you all... we are doing electrical finishing installations for this multidwelling units around makoko lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire

Call us for your electrical, cctv, fire alarm and whole house audio system

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:46am On Mar 29, 2021
SMK SOLAR PRODUCT PRICES!!!

- SMK 40a 12-48v lithium battery compatible mppt .. 69,000

- SMK Hybrid 2kva 24v (60a inbuilt mppt) ... 130,000

- SMK Hybrid 3.5kva 3kw 24v (80a inbuilt mppt) .... 210,000

- SMK 5kva 5kw 47v (80a inbuilt mppt) .... 265,000

SMK 12v transformer based pure sine wave inverter series are also available in :
1kva ......74,000
1.5kva ...94,000

SMK 200w solar floodlight (700 lumens, 12w panel,3.2v 10ah lifepo4 battery) ... 32,000

SMK 250w solar floodlight (1200 lumens, 25w panel,3.2v 20ah lifepo4 battery) ... 37,000

SMK 80mm foam thickness 12/24v DC freezers:
208L .... 230k
308L .....270k

Products available with 1 year standard warranty.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:54am On Mar 29, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 12:02pm On Mar 29, 2021
call us now..
we are available for your roofing woods,4 woodwork and materials contact us today.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2021
Johntemmy:
call us now..
we are available for your roofing woods,4 woodwork and materials contact us today.
Thank you.

If palatable to you can you please give an idea how much I’m looking at?

Thanks.

PS: if possible, if not it’s okay I understand.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2021
stanley000:

People here are trying to protect each other
It is very sad to see people taking side
Follow the evidence Nairaland

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2021
ICELL PRODUCTS AVAILABLE! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!

Pure sinewave Inverters
- 1.5kva 12v ..... 90,000 *Expecting*
- 1.5kva (X4 echo). .. 85,000
- 2.5kva (X4 echo) ... 115,000
- 2kva 24v ........ 107,000 *Expecting*
- 3.5va 24 / 48v .....180,000
- 3.5kva 24v hybrid ......185,000
- 5kva 24v ........ 224,000
- 5kva 48v ........ 230,000
- 6.5kva 24v .....280,000
- 8kva 48v ........400,000 *Expecting*
- 10kva 48v ......560,000 *Expecting*

BATTERIES
- 220a Tubular battery ... 120,000
- 200a AGM battery ....... 110,000

Products comes with one year standard warranty!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
Contact us for Granite 30tons @₦235,000
Lagos Island
Ikoyi
Lekki-Ajah
Victoria Island.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:38pm On Mar 29, 2021
My innocent questions still without answers.

Truth is expensive but remains the cheapest in the long run.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cuddling44(f): 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2021
Hi house.. pls after survey is done and out.. for how long can i wait to process my c of o... d surveyor is like i should do d c of o immediately.... but i want to fence my property first. D land is 50ftby100 and locations is kwara state.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qdlvy: 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2021
somehow:

Without boasting or sounding too confident. You cant defraud me and still be reachable without me nailing you big time. As long as i have enough evidence to prove that you defrauded me. You will hang.

I tried ignoring this because you're either living in a different country or you're being willfully blind to the situation in the country.

I'll take your first paragraph as nothing but boastful talk to gain internet points. Go against anybody with more means, power and time than you in Nigeria and you'll be the one in jail regardless of who's guilty or innocent.

So if he stole from you, get the evidence of theft and sue him to court.

Regarding your second paragraph, a search of the accused's name on google will show you he was arraigned before a magistrate court for alleged fraud, with said case reported on a national newspaper. I could be wrong but I believe the accused himself comment on this thread about said case. If you care about evidence, which I doubt you do, you'll see said case died a slow death due to the plaintiff being unavailable (lives in another country, potential lost income and more expenses attending a court case in Nigeria) for a prolonged hearing.

Fraudsters are going to jail daily, let's stop giving excuses. Rather than cry online that someone stole from you, put him behind bars if he truly stole from you as long as he's reachable.

I don't know which country you live in, same country where Al Mustapha, Oluomo, many ex-presidents, policemen, lecturers, primary school teachers sexually molesting kids, local iyalojas embezzling owo ajo, cultists, yahoo boys, Naira Marley, Mompha, even everyday people giving bribes, disobeying traffic laws, all of which are walking the streets free, not in jail. I know a lot of people who have committed fraud (I'm not accusing anyone of fraud, just making a point that your point is pointless, pun intended) and walking the street free. The country is a shitshow when it comes to upholding law and order. Besides, most cases of fraud in Nigeria are civil cases rather than criminal cases. Only the poor goes to jail in Nigeria.

I'm not defending or making a case for either side. I'm just surprised at some of the awful defenses I have seen here. If you're going to defend something, at least do so from a logical perspective rather than making moot points that portray you as a fanboy/fangirl.

I'm not replying to any further illogical responses. The thread should go on with its intended business.

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
Please how much is a bag of cement in your location? Precisely Benin city
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
uncleteeh:

That 3d used doesn't go well with me, the house no bẹ aquarium or aqua related na.
Don't you think it will be scary to children?

Lol! That's you! That's why everyone goes for what suits them!

infact the client's kids were excited to see something like that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2021
BrabusNG:

Let me drop this before them ban me again grin grin

@hamtabfawaz
I saw some good stuffs (wainscot, wall panel etc) that I like in your nairaland portfolio. Have you used kalsi plank before? Do you do fit outs and dry constructions (plasterboard, fiber cement boards and the likes)?

@hapiness44
I notice what you’re doing. It got my attention. We’d get in touch soon.

You can reach me at my permanent shop grin https://www.kobocity.com/u/brabus

Brabus is n3xt.
______
Pic 1 & 2 - Kalsi Plank (shape of things to come)
Pic 3 - Good job from @hapiness44

I know about Kalsi Plank, but have not used it before! Sure we do ! But have not had a job that requires me to use this stuffs! I just hope, that I would get a project that would make me use it!

n3xt & different ideas sha......

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2021
BrabusNG:

Can you share link to your past and recent works? I need to share it with my Oga.

Sorry! I haven't created any thread yet to collate my works! But I could share with you on WhatsApp, Please reach me on! zero7zero169611zero1
Or Drop your WhatsApp number
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2021
PLEASE I NEED PRICE RANGE FOR GRANITE IN BAYELSA STATE

(1) (2) (3) ... (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: aieromon(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.