Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389971 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:20am On Apr 18, 2021
I have a question for those that have gone there before me like Spyder880 especially.

I just acquired another 1 acre property for sale near the Omi Adio station. I'm toying with the idea of designing it as a micro estate. Fewer and smaller plots, central/shared gateman, shared borehole, bio digestive septic tank, small height fence between plots, perimeter fence, etc

How viable do you guys think this might be?

Thanks.

I welcome all inputs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:31am On Apr 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
I have a question for those that have gone there before me like Spyder880 especially.

I just acquired another 1 acre property for sale near the Omi Adio station. I'm toying with the idea of designing it as a micro estate. Fewer and smaller plots, central/shared gateman, shared borehole, bio digestive septic tank, small height fence between plots, perimeter fence, etc

Thanks.

I welcome all inputs.
a good idea actually a lot of people preferred fence apartments and also have a common security is a Plus as well...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:40am On Apr 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve seen the second one in person here. Looks very good but I think will only fit a building that’s Art Deco style.

Why do you think Brabus?

Yes you’re right.

It’s a great design that largely fit the contemporary Thai buildings.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:42am On Apr 18, 2021
anitabella:
Quick question

Can parapet be placed on a 6 inch block with all the necessary column to hold it in a building.

Yes. Precast or aluminum parapet will work fine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 11:48am On Apr 18, 2021
Ok thanks
n3xt:

No. You don’t have to

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.

I welcome all inputs.

It's a very good idea, we have about a total of 8 hectares in 3 locations and I have planned for a gated community and currently sold over 40 single plots of land from it. The problem with mine is the distance from current development, because I was looking for cheaper lands.

It's a viable business but if I am to start all over again, i will only buy lands in a developed area.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
spyder880:

It's a very good idea, we have about a total of 8 hectares in 3 locations and I have planned for a gated community and currently sold over 40 single plots of land from it. The problem with mine is the distance from current development, because I was looking for cheaper lands.

It's a viable business but if I am to start all over again, i will only buy lands in a developed area.

Your insight is appreciated Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
twinskenny:
a good idea actually a lot of people preferred fence apartments and also have a common security is a Plus as well...

Your input is critical too because you dey enter everywhere in Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Shey tori small lintel collapse leru shey nbayin grin

The collapse seems very much as a result of poor mix ratio and inappropriate size of the lintel. The other lintels are also poorly executed. It is very important to get right the mix ratio and the corresponding size.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
topsy23:

Lovely gate and lovely house

Thanks engr
The gate are lovely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve seen the second one in person here. Looks very good but I think will only fit a building that’s Art Deco style.

Why do you think Brabus?

Yes you are right sir , it will fit Art Deco building perfectly ok

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.

I welcome all inputs.

My experience is that YOU the vendor MUST do two things to promote sales irrespective of if you bought far away from developed area:

# ONE. YOU must create economic activity/activities in the planned estate. So as part of the planning stage, you have to think the economic activity you want to go into. It is not enough to just put down a fence and a gate as is currently done by most vendors. It must not be farming. It could be food processing for example Amala/lafun/garri processing or smoked/dried fish processing/ packaging.

The economic activity tend to bring vibrancy to the estate and area which stimulate demand. This is why you see an upsurge in demand near economic activity/activities like Chinese companies, e.g Dangote Refinary and even large scale Church settlements. So as part of your marketing budget, is to transform the area from a sleepy hollow to a potential investment.

#TWO. You must build to completion a prototype bungalow with the total cost advertised. You then use this as your marketing suit. This coupled with the economic activity will open up possibilities and potentials of the estate in the minds of investors.

Be prepared to invest in the estate and spend more in the right places. Just buying cheaply and waiting for others to generate development in the area is a strategy that is not working for most or takes too long to gain traction. You need to take the initiative and do things differently.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
diordaves:

My experience is that YOU the vendor MUST do two things to promote sales irrespective of if you bought far away from developed area:

# ONE. YOU must create economic activity/activities in the planned estate. So as part of the planning stage, you have to think the economic activity you want to go into. It is not enough to just put down a fence and a gate as is currently done by most vendors. It must not be farming. It could be food processing for example Amala/lafun/garri processing or smoked/dried fish processing/ packaging.

The economic activity tend to bring vibrancy to the estate and area which stimulate demand. This is why you see an upsurge in demand near economic activity/activities like Chinese companies, e.g Dangote Refinary and even large scale Church settlements. So as part of your marketing budget, is to transform the area from a sleepy hollow to a potential investment.

#TWO. You must build to completion a prototype bungalow with the total cost advertised. You then use this as your marketing suit. This coupled with the economic activity will open up possibilities and potentials of the estate in the minds of investors.

Be prepared to invest in the estate and spend more in the right places. Just buying cheaply and waiting for others to generate development in the area is a strategy that is not working for most or takes too long to gain traction. You need to take the initiative and do things differently.

I agree with this. Only that attracting development is not cheap too.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by freshvine(f): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
Please I want to do a 2.50m x 3.00m x 3. 00m depth septic tank.

Builder is asking for

1. 300 pics of Blocks.
2. 20 bags of cement
3. 10 ton of sharp sand
4. 10 ton of 3/8 sand
5. 15 length of 1x12 plank.

Please help me and criticize/analyze this professionally
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
diordaves:

Thank you Sir.

I site my layout around the new train station and it’s infrastructure.

Another estate I’m developing will have a recreational center. Free access to my layout subscribers.

I’ll keep our opinions in mind because it’s valid.

The potential buyers I was thinking about are telecommuters from Lagos. To offer them a bedroom community away from the stress of Lagos.

I’m reading and learning.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2021
Okay then
I guess the pillar and front finishes should be top notch.
Thanks as always with your valuable tips.

n3xt:

The facade of a house is the most important part of a building because it sets the style for the rest of the building.

I always love to create a great one.

You can achieve a grande look with a very cheap budget if you have a great facade. Most people will never get to step into your house but several thousands will notice a facade that makes an unforgettable first impression.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
spyder880:

I agree with this. Only that attracting development is not cheap too.

Yes. It is not cheap. But if you take the value of the estate at full subscription, we may be talking of over 300 million or even up to a billion in value. So it is not out of place to expect to spend say 5 million upfront to kick start the project.

For example, say about 2 million to set up a fish smoking and packaging company and 3 million to put up a prototype one bedroom bungalow as marketing suit.

Vendors must be prepared to spend considerable sum upfront to boost the estate initially. In this state of economic activity and prototype bungalow, you will only need a few meaningful uptake (not speculators) for the estate to hit traction.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
diordaves:

Yes. It is not cheap. But if you take the value of the estate at full subscription, we may be talking of over 300 million or even up to a billion in value. So it is not out of place to expect to spend say 5 million upfront to kick start the project.

For example, say about 2 million to set up a fish smoking and packaging company and 3 million to put up a prototype one bedroom bungalow as marketing suit.

Vendors must be prepared to spend considerable sum upfront to boost the estate initially. In this state of economic activity and prototype bungalow, you will only need a few meaningful uptake (not speculators) for the estate to hit traction.

I doubt ₦2m can set up a standard fish smoking and packaging company fit enough to influence development to an estate.

It has to be standard enough to attract wholesalers and retailers to the company for bulk purchase. So, maybe 10m upwards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 5:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you Sir.

I site my layout around the new train station and it’s infrastructure.

Another estate I’m developing will have a recreational center. Free access to my layout subscribers.

I’ll keep our opinions in mind because it’s valid.

The potential buyers I was thinking about are telecommuters from Lagos. To offer them a bedroom community away from the stress of Lagos.

I’m reading and learning.

Was going to say the train station and activities around it is economic activity before I read this reply . Is it enough ? is another thing . Am sure it will spur further quick development in that area , same for moniya

Always good to see people invest in what they believe in , especially in ib

Just concluded a transaction on akala express , will be investing in a commercial structure , reason is the multitude of estates and general opening up going on in that axis of the city , mostly by mid income people

Interesting times
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
anitabella:
Quick question

Can parapet be placed on a 6 inch block with all the necessary column to hold it in a building.

Yes it can be done be it cast -insitu or precast.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Shey tori small lintel collapse leru shey nbayin grin
Who no go fear? How such dey happen?
I supervised a job for a man who lives in the UK, if this had happened, he would av abandoned the project, a very massive one oooo. People dey fear na.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.

I welcome all inputs.
Wow.
Well, one acre isn't much to control sir.
Just ensure there are rules and regulations that must be strictly followed.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.

I welcome all inputs.

The answer to this question would vary with individual, hence, coming straight to a conclusion is definitely not good.

One’s good experience with the real estate investment does not mean that it’s a great option for all other investors too.

Coming from an over-2-decade resident of the community where the proposed development is situated, I’ll never do something too huge in an environment where the cost-to-own a house is too low.
It’s always a very bad move when investing in real estate.

I’d consider developing commercial structures and recreation centers around such area.

________

For me it’s really not a viable option.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
somehow:

I doubt ₦2m can set up a standard fish smoking and packaging company fit enough to influence development to an estate.

It has to be standard enough to attract wholesalers and retailers to the company for bulk purchase. So, maybe 10m upwards

Now that we are talking about fish smoking, with proper research and planning, these things are not as expensive to get off the ground as you would think.

It all depends on the capacity you initially aim for. I have a prototype fish smoking facility with moderate initial capacity of less than a million.

Locally fabricated smoking kiln starts from less than 100k. Research and planning are key.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
n3xt:

The answer to this question would vary with individual, hence, coming straight to a conclusion is definitely not good.

One’s good experience with the real estate investment does not mean that it’s a great option for all other investors too.

Coming from an over-2-decade resident of the community where the proposed development is situated, I’ll never do something too huge in an environment where the cost-to-own a house is too low.
It’s always a very bad move when investing in real estate.

I’d consider developing commercial structures and recreation centers around such area.

________

For me it’s really not a viable option.
Thanks for patronage... More grace. One more to go

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
Chekitaut:
Thanks for patronage... More grace. One more to go

You go dash me that one grin grin

How much is sharp sand to Bariga (bam bam) and Shogunle? DM your price.

Tnx.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
n3xt:

You go dash me that one grin grin

How much is sharp sand to Bariga (bam bam) and Shogunle? DM your price.

Tnx.
Bariga 80k, Shogunle 100k
Rebate ₦10,000 on the next trip
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
Chekitaut:

I’ll need some good number in Bariga. We’d be looking and 20 - 25 trips for block production.

Let’s do 70k sir. God will bless you grin grin

_______

I no dey for 100k sand to Shogunle. How much is stone dust to Shogunle then?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
Chekitaut:
Rebate ₦10,000 on the next trip

I like this. grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2021
Granite! Granite!! Granite!!!
Uncompromising Delivery

Count on us now, call
30tons Price from ₦220,000 above
Lagos Mainland, Lagos Island, Ikoyi, V.I, Lekki-Ajah
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:46pm On Apr 18, 2021
diordaves:

Now that we are talking about fish smoking, with proper research and planning, these things are not as expensive to get off the ground as you would think.

It all depends on the capacity you initially aim for. I have a prototype fish smoking facility with moderate initial capacity of less than a million.

Locally fabricated smoking kiln starts from less than 100k. Research and planning are key.

The kind of commercial activities that would make people come buy into a real estate worth minions of naira?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
uncleteeh:

Who no go fear? How such dey happen?
I supervised a job for a man who lives in the UK, if this had happened, he would av abandoned the project, a very massive one oooo. People dey fear na.

It was meant as a joke.

A lintel collapse is a serious issue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.