Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390160 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
Something like this is what I have in mind but on a reduced scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FvFlzBWkJg

I appreciate all the feedback.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
n3xt:

Ok. Let’s do 5kva 100 - 250vac Servo for a studio apartment.

I’ll chat you up.

Happy Sunday.. We acknowledge your patronage Sir !

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:36am On Apr 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
I have a question for those that have gone there before me like Spyder880 especially.

I just acquired another 1 acre property for sale near the Omi Adio station. I'm toying with the idea of designing it as a ✓ °√micro estate. Fewer and smaller plots,✓° √central/shared gateman, shared borehole,✓°√bio digestive septic tank,✓°√ small height fence between plots,✓°√ perimeter fence, etc

How viable do you guys think this might be?

Thanks.

I welcome all inputs.

Very Good Plan.

From my own small sense o! A shared borehole within an estate? Does that mean one house would have to wait for Another before pumping water! or is there a plan Where the shared borehole would pump & distribute water at the same time to all apartments/houses?

||||
I think Creating a side attraction aside from the train station, wouldn't be a bad idea.
Infact it would help boost the micro estate to investors & also buyers/(those who would want to settle down there).

My opinion tho.......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 6:23am On Apr 19, 2021
Good morning everyone in the house.... We here for quality plumbing job ... We can serve you better .. You can live better... Contact us and WhatsApp... 08162811003
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:27am On Apr 19, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Very Good Plan.

From my own small sense o! A shared borehole within an estate? Does that mean one house would have to wait for Another before pumping water! or is there a plan Where the shared borehole would pump & distribute water at the same time to all apartments/houses?

||||
I think Creating a side attraction aside from the train station, wouldn't be a bad idea.
Infact it would help boost the micro estate to investors & also buyers/(those who would want to settle down there).

My opinion tho.......

The commercial borehole will constantly feed a central main large tank. From there it’ll feed smaller tanks in each building. It should be seamless integration.

I’m hoping someone else can sort out the attraction though I do have plans for an amusement park in the future.

Thanks for your input.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 6:52am On Apr 19, 2021
rotecch77:

Thanks engr
The gate are lovely

Rotecch77, What's the average cost to put up this gate?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:53am On Apr 19, 2021
[right][/right]
ceelog:

If I am most mistaken... I think Goodwill and Tyne or so.
Can't remember sha.

But they were most expensive Nigeria tiles at the market then
good morning, well base your question CDK is the highest quality in Nigeria tile fellow by Royal and Goodwill nylon face

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:58am On Apr 19, 2021
kiekie1:

Happy Sunday.. We acknowledge your patronage Sir !

Thanks.

I want a steady and clean power supply to my household equipment. Where would you suggest I mount the stabilizer?

Mains > Meter > DB > Studio Equipment

I’d love to have it between the Meter and the DB. I hope that’s cool?

I also have a dedicated inverter in the studio apartment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:24am On Apr 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

The commercial borehole will constantly feed a central main large tank. From there it’ll feed smaller tanks in each building. It should be seamless integration.

I’m hoping someone else can sort out the attraction though I do have plans for an amusement park in the future.

Thanks for your input.

The question I always ask myself is this “How are other estates within the suburb performing in the last one decade?”

- Adron Estate, Bako
- Government Schemes, Owode & Command. Most folks don’t even know there’s a government scheme in Command.
- Lade community turned Estate. This is the fastest growing organized community in Omi Adio in the last 2 decades where like-minded homeowners reside. It’s not even a gated community.

These communities have been in existence many years before the creation of Ologuneru, Akala expressway, Elebu and the likes but the ROI is not really encouraging.

Rental cost too is very very low.

So for me, it’s not a viable investment. We’ve had train stations in that community since the 60s and it hasn’t really had any major effect on the property buying pattern of the people.

Just my humble submission here.

Good morning NL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:09am On Apr 19, 2021
Prospecting Ijebu Ode | The next big thing

Today, I intend visiting one of my ongoing project in a small community in Ijebu Ode.

The interesting part of this project is that we are building in a small town that’s closest to the city center where massive developmental projects are ongoing.

During my last visit, there were massive road construction work happening in the city (though not getting to my site). I’d be checking out some of these projects and how it’s likely going to affect the growth and investment in this community.

Another big plus for Ijebu Ode right now is the ongoing Ijebu-Ode - Epe Expressway which is currently at 95% completion.

#wakawaka

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:17am On Apr 19, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
[right][/right]good morning, well base your question CDK is the highest quality in Nigeria tile fellow by Royal and Goodwill nylon face

I think I used CDK or whichever one is called Boko Haram tiles.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:24am On Apr 19, 2021
Focusmind:

I’ve commissioned my iron worker to see how we can make this a swinging instead of sliding gate. And if it has to be sliding how to make it canter leveraged. I hate those tracks with a passion with all the oil.

It’s a good looking gate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QueenRaheemah(f): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2021
Happy new week
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:28am On Apr 19, 2021
n3xt:

The question I always ask myself is this “How are other estates within the suburb performing in the last one decade?”

- Adron Estate, Bako
- Government Schemes, Owode & Command. Most folks don’t even know there’s a government scheme in Command.
- Lade community turned Estate. This is the fastest growing organized community in Omi Adio in the last 2 decades where like-minded homeowners reside. It’s not even a gated community.

These communities have been in existence many years before the creation of Ologuneru, Akala expressway, Elebu and the likes but the ROI is not really encouraging.

Rental cost too is very very low.

So for me, it’s not a viable investment. We’ve had train stations in that community since the 60s and it hasn’t really had any major effect on the property buying pattern of the people.

Just my humble submission here.

Good morning NL

Good morning.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2021
Good morning house, pls who has an idea of how many bags of cement and iron rods that is sufficient for the slab of a soakaway measuring 10by 12.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:39am On Apr 19, 2021
Good morning folks.

I want to take time to salute everyone here who is managing to getting business done here in Nigeria. It's like going to war everyday. Last weeks price is RIP, policy changes on the fly, etc.

Special salute to all those like me who are playing with their own money in Nigeria, not banks or clients. May we not get caught up in any spur of the moment government policy change grin

Ameen.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:39am On Apr 19, 2021
n3xt:

Thanks.

I want a steady and clean power supply to my household equipment. Where would you suggest I mount the stabilizer?

Mains > Meter > DB > Studio Equipment

I’d love to have it between the Meter and the DB. I hope that’s cool?

I also have a dedicated inverter in the studio apartment.

You're correct Sir ... Feel free to also contact me for your brand new inverter setup , battery overhaul , solar integration & power systems maintenance ! Regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2021
freshvine:
Please I want to do a 2.50m x 3.00m x 3. 00m depth septic tank.

Builder is asking for

1. 300 pics of Blocks.
2. 20 bags of cement
3. 10 ton of sharp sand
4. 10 ton of 3/8 sand
5. 15 length of 1x12 plank.

Please help me and criticize/analyze this professionally

First off, what is 3/8 sand? Or do you mean granite?

I can't see granite in the quote.

I can't see iron rod in the quote.

I can see blocks which means your land is dry and solid land. Not waterlogged. Is this correct?

It is a 'small' sceptic tank. You may not need that many materials as quoted. In terms of the number of bags of cement; are you going to plaster the inside of the septic tank? You need to confirm this with the builder as this will impact significantly on the number of cement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:47am On Apr 19, 2021
diordaves:

First off, what is 3/8 sand? Or do you mean granite?

I can't see granite in the quote.

I can't see iron rod in the quote.

I can see blocks which means your land is dry and solid land. Not waterlogged. Is this correct?

It is a 'small' sceptic tank. You may not need that many materials as quoted. In terms of the number of bags of cement; are you going to plaster the inside of the septic tank? You need to confirm this with the builder as this will impact significantly on the number of cement.

It is also called coarse sand. The coarse nature varies from size to size depending where it's been dug out.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve commissioned my iron worker to see how we can make this a swinging instead of sliding gate. And if it has to be sliding how to make it canter leveraged. I hate those tracks with a passion with all the oil.

Yes, very beautiful. I saw a finished one somewhere when I was passing. Please explain the meaning of the bolded. I equally hate the sight of used engine oil that is normally used to oil the rollers and tracks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 10:54am On Apr 19, 2021
freshvine:
Please I want to do a 2.50m x 3.00m x 3. 00m depth septic tank.

Builder is asking for

1. 300 pics of Blocks.
2. 20 bags of cement
3. 10 ton of sharp sand
4. 10 ton of 3/8 sand
5. 15 length of 1x12 plank.

Please help me and criticize/analyze this professionally
This is a modest quantity estimate however reinforcements for the columns and concrete cover weren't stated, the plastering materials weren't stated too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:02am On Apr 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Good morning folks.

I want to take time to salute everyone here who is managing to getting business done here in Nigeria. It's like going to war everyday. Last weeks price is RIP, policy changes on the fly, etc.

Special salute to all those like me who are playing with their own money in Nigeria, not banks or clients.May we not get caught up in any spur of the moment government policy change grin

Ameen.

Amin. Na better prayer ooo.

Talking about Nigeria : Na Survival of the fittest ooo grin.

We need help in this Country.

A friend sent me a link to a video from Twitter this Morning [I laughed & at the same time I felt like Crying]. Check out vid on Twitter @AyoBankole. NL Bots no dey take links likely
||||

Unreasonable Policies are really affecting businesses here , They're No Regulators , That's why Anyone can wake up & do as they like.
Government should review some of their Policies.

It's Not only affecting businesses/Business owners but also affecting the Poor Masses.

May God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mykelslim: 11:16am On Apr 19, 2021
Good morning bosses

I have an urgent question. Is it advisable to buy a landed property when the owner isn't available in the country. He handled it over to someone and has confirmed his intention to sell it.

Thanks for your input.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Etranshub(m): 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

yes chief it is possible to convert this gate to swing (I have done it severally for clients who prefer swing gate over sliding but I think I prefer the design in sliding) but the stainless accessories comes out small considering the fact that the standard swing gate is approximately 12 ft with each leaf at about 6ft. Putting the stainless accessories couple with the fact that we have to consider uniformity of both left and right leaf makes the gate kind of busy with too many short stainless accessories. That's just my thought on the outcome Infact I have done it with a pedestrian on the 12ft swing gate and with the pedestrian gate seperate from the 12ft swing gate and the result still seems the same to me. So personally I feel this gate design is best done in sliding
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Etranshub(m): 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
Etranshub:
yes chief it is possible to convert this gate to swing (I have done it severally for clients who prefer swing gate over sliding but I think I prefer the design in sliding) but the stainless accessories comes out small considering the fact that the standard swing gate is approximately 12 ft with each leaf at about 6ft. Putting the stainless accessories couple with the fact that we have to consider uniformity of both left and right leaf makes the gate kind of busy with too many short stainless accessories. That's just my thought on the outcome Infact I have done it with a pedestrian on the 12ft swing gate and with the pedestrian gate seperate from the 12ft swing gate and the result still seems the same to me. So personally I feel this gate design is best done in sliding
OK I am able to locate a couple of pictures (don't mind the quality of picture lol) on my phone to buttress my point.

1 with pedestrian on 12ft swing gate

2. Pedestrian seperate from 12ft swing gate

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2021
My ogas,
Anyone with price idea of 1 trailer load(600 bags) dangote cement direct from factory.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
Focusmind:

Yes, very beautiful. I saw a finished one somewhere when I was passing. Please explain the meaning of the bolded. I equally hate the sight of used engine oil that is normally used to oil the rollers and tracks.

Here you go Sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwOSLvWOLec

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
Etranshub:

No changes to the design needed to make it a swinging gate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
Mykelslim:
Good morning bosses

I have an urgent question. Is it advisable to buy a landed property when the owner isn't available in the country. He handled it over to someone and has confirmed his intention to sell it.

Thanks for your input.

Yes.

It will involve him signing a power of attorney.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
Focusmind:

Cost diff from each region
But here in Lagos the gate with good material will cost btw 250-280k

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
rotecch77:

Cost diff from each region
But here in Lagos the gate with good material will cost btw 250-280k

You are correct. The guy said to deliver to my site is 270k. I have a shaka plate gate we just concluded and I am trying to trade it in for this one and add something on top despite the fact that the shaka plate I did is more expensive than this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2021
From ijebu Ode with love

#countryhomes

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.