Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369402 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 1:41pm On May 07, 2021
Sparingly used luminous 1.5kva 24v hybrid inverter up for sale!

Luminous inverter with inbuilt 1000w solar charge controller up for sale. It smoothly powers upto 1000w max load for your flat alongside two units of batteries "any capacity of battery of your choice".

Condition: works like new . Warranty tamper seal still intact.

FLATRATE PRICE:50k

Location: Lagos mainland but can can waybilled to any state on buyers expense.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE :: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:13pm On May 07, 2021
chocho1:
Please great engineers...what is your thoughts about using stainless buglary for casement windows.....is it good for security for a house in the village,how durable
oga unless there's security, do better burglaries oh to avoid stories that touch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 3:29pm On May 07, 2021
n3xt:

Baba, your eyes ain't deceiving you and we are not performing magic. The 2.1 x 2.4m glass is going up the roof to cover the atrium.

My client actually requested for a house that tick all the boxes without breaking the bank. This is just one of the many interesting features of this build.

I Have been Following closely , have a glass roof / cover over one of my builds at the courtyard , want it to be bright and sunny there

How to keep clean will be a challenge later though apart from cost

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:14pm On May 07, 2021
rmx:

I Have been Following closely , have a glass roof / cover over one of my builds at the courtyard , want it to be bright and sunny there

How to keep clean will be a challenge later though apart from cost

It’s pretty easy.

Internally wont be a big challenge.

Externally, you just need to make one or more (depending on the total area covered) of the glass partitions openable to gain access to the roof.

Alternatively, you can access it from the roof slab using an in-wall metal ladder. There’s a proposal to integrate a beautifully crafted one internally on this build.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:31pm On May 07, 2021
XX8 Trillion | Fence by NextHome

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 5:04pm On May 07, 2021
n3xt:
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

>>> Last and Final Milestone (Carcass)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lorhema(f): 5:15pm On May 07, 2021
EazyMoh:
I fancy this type of roofing. What are the disadvantages pls.

My father built his house with this type of roof in the seventies. One rainstorm in the early 80s took off the upper roof. The house was flooded and a lot of stuff had to be thrown out.

The roof was fixed but it was made a basic roof.

It's an interesting design but I would never adopt it after seeing what happened to my parents.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:25pm On May 07, 2021
kiekie1:
Sparingly used luminous 1.5kva 24v hybrid inverter up for sale!

Luminous inverter with inbuilt 1000w solar charge controller up for sale. It smoothly powers upto 1000w max load for your flat alongside two units of batteries "any capacity of battery of your choice".

Condition: works like new . Warranty tamper seal still intact.

FLATRATE PRICE:50k

Location: Lagos mainland but can can waybilled to any state on buyers expense.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE :: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Innocent question oo...

Is it that most 1.5kva rating only has 1kva output rating? That's 66% efficiency?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by checkmatez: 6:42pm On May 07, 2021
Harneyprojects:

I don't know of any disadvantages. We built a similar structure and don't have any issues till date.
won't the rooms be quite hot when the sun is up?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Harneyprojects: 6:48pm On May 07, 2021
checkmatez:
won't the rooms be quite hot when the sun is up?
The flat roof offers the same heat resistance as your regular hip roof. The POP ceiling offers significant thermal resistivity, so your rooms would be cool.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 7:14pm On May 07, 2021
What of Delivery to Atan Ota? How much is 30 tons
Chekitaut:
Granite
Lagos, Nigeria
Price now ₦230,000 30tons load capacity..

Prompt & uncompromising delivery.

... beyond imagination
... won't you rather check us out?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 7:24pm On May 07, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Innocent question oo...

Is it that most 1.5kva rating only has 1kva output rating? That's 66% efficiency?

Okay it's dependent on power factor.. Cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:39pm On May 07, 2021
All4good:

Hmmmm...
I feel it's too thin and could shatter if struck from outside or within. Obviously there is no ceiling.

Keep winning Bro

MODIFIED:
10mm is 1cm thickness. That's adequate Bro

Thanks for sharing.

Immediately my client saw the post, he rushed to ask me why I didn’t reply the post. I told him it’s nothing to worry about. 10mm glass is more than adequate for a skylight.

33mm + thickness is good for glass floor. Anything higher fall into bullet resistant ballistic glass class.

To even lift the 10mm glass is a great concern right now grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:28pm On May 07, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:01pm On May 07, 2021
n3xt:

Thanks for sharing.

Immediately my client saw the post, he rushed to ask me why I didn’t reply the post. I told him it’s nothing to worry about. 10mm glass is more than adequate for a skylight.

33mm + thickness is good for glass floor. Anything higher fall into bullet resistant ballistic glass class.

To even lift the 10mm glass is a great concern right now grin

I knew I can count on the Asians

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:03pm On May 07, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:08pm On May 07, 2021
BiigTee:
What of Delivery to Atan Ota? How much is 30 tons
₦210,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:02pm On May 07, 2021
Still in stock
Spanish tiles
I'm blessedsunny2 �
Head office block 10 shop 55 agric market Odun-ade bus stop badagry expressway Coker-Lagos

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EazyMoh(m): 10:11pm On May 07, 2021
lorhema:

My father built his house with this type of roof in the seventies. One rainstorm in the early 80s took off the upper roof. The house was flooded and a lot of stuff had to be thrown out.

The roof was fixed but it was made a basic roof.

It's an interesting design but I would never adopt it after seeing what happened to my parents.
That's exactly my fear. Especially since my house is located in the north. It gets very windy.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 10:20pm On May 07, 2021
debeey87:
Need advise from the gurus in the house.

Will there be a structural concern if the design of the rooms/flats on the first floor in a story building is different from the ones on the ground floor. In the current design, I have 1no 2bed, 2no 1bed and a self contain. I intend to eliminate the external staircase that is supposed to lead to the 2bed on the first floor so all the tenants living on the first floor access their flats using the in-door staircase. Plan to have a balcony extension to provide access for the 2bed & 1bed flat.

I have also attached the floor plan for assessment.

Ground floor has been completed and original design for both floors are same.

A good architect should have made it an inside staircase except where the Client said otherwise. Changing the position of staircase will cause you to redesign.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 10:51pm On May 07, 2021
Hello all,

I need your advise on this. There is this building I just secured. I paid the lady 90% of the money and she said she won't release the documents if payments are not completed, so I rallied round and I completed all the payment. And she signed the deed of agreement and every other documents needed.

Now here is the problem. I just discovered there is a tenant in the building and I was told the rent is due in June /July this year. How do I go about evacuating the tenant since am not the one that collected the rent from him and the building is sold already.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 11:07pm On May 07, 2021
Pls I will like to ask which of these tiles is more durable?
- Spanish tiles
- good will high polish
- royal tiles
- China tiles.
Preferably for living room
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 12:23am On May 08, 2021
Spanish tiles is the best tiles and it has more high quality than any and also most expensive than good-will,royal tiles and china tiles.
Spanish have different dimension of quality tiles
- vitrified tiles
- porcelain tiles
- ceramic tiles
Ibk2020:
- Spanish tiles
- good will high polish
- royal tiles
- China tiles.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by baaliyah(m): 1:01am On May 08, 2021
EazyMoh:

That's exactly my fear. Especially since my house is located in the north. It gets very windy.

Northern wind and heat no be here.
I won't try it even in the south.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:31am On May 08, 2021
Ibk2020:
- Spanish tiles
- good will high polish
- royal tiles
- China tiles.
good evening sir , base on your quotation all you mentioned is good for living but Spanish , China, CDK, Royal and Goodwill nylon face remain the best quality but all depend on your budget and also the size you want to use as well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 2:41am On May 08, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 5:44am On May 08, 2021
EazyMoh:
I fancy this type of roofing. What are the disadvantages pls.

simple roofing like this dey get disadvantage?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jalofun: 5:52am On May 08, 2021
Can you please expantiate a bit on the diferences of these tiles? I'm also at this stage. I will appreciate your contribution.
Blessedsunny2:
Spanish tiles is the best tiles and it has more high quality than any and also most expensive than good-will,royal tiles and china tiles.
Spanish have different dimension of quality tiles
- vitrified tiles
- porcelain tiles
- ceramic tiles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EazyMoh(m): 6:20am On May 08, 2021
redcliff:

simple roofing like this dey get disadvantage?
Yeah, you never know untill you ask. For example someone mentioned wind.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:16am On May 08, 2021
Apt

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:26am On May 08, 2021
Jasobry:
Apt

Yep! Just show the water where you want it to go.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:32am On May 08, 2021
EazyMoh:

Yeah, you never know untill you ask. For example someone mentioned wind.

There’s no such thing as bad roof but bad installation work.

I’ve been working on a flat roof for almost 3 weeks and we are yet to raise the trusses. The same flat roof can be done in 3 days and we start to blame its failure on the roof design.

______

Pic 1 - Roofing Tarp
Pic 2 - Roof Gutter Drain

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: WeRise(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.