Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4415303 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 7:15pm On May 08, 2021
money121:
Na this matter we be settle since on my whatsapp
Some client prefer cheap materials but later regret it
One of my client lose millions of naira making use of this materials
Thinking she bought Stone coated roofing sheet (Bond Design)
Not knowing is Aluminium roofing them Go Coat for her after installation the whole roofing start leaking but thank God we have take up the Roofing Job..
Imranroofing are to remove the old roofing and installed
STONE COATED
Shingle Design (Black with White patches)

Site location: Enugu State

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" So said some guy called Benjamin Franklin, a long time ago.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:13pm On May 08, 2021
DUNKA:
Goodday all please what is the average percentage of the builder/ contractor supervision fees?

Also is the total cost obtained from the BOQ or what is the basis of the supervision fees?

Thanks for your enlightenment?
[/b]Please who Answer this simple enquiry?[b]grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 8:35pm On May 08, 2021
BuildingProject:

Am not cutting any deal with him cause I don't know him from anywhere before. I was even thinking of retaining him before so that he can sign a new agreement but he is not even responsive to my invite. Have been told náà people from that other side of the country dey do such nonsense.

What if I go back to the seller and tell her am no longer buying. She should refund all my money or send out whoever the tenant she collected money from?

Hmmmm, I was exactly in your same situation 2 years ago when i purchased a commercial building , did all the search at lands for the title documents , encumbrance if any , etc etc , a lawyer handled it , guess what , the only thing he dint do was talk to the existing tenant grin, we went with the landlords word that everybody rent was due , and it was just a case of giving them quit notice and 6months they will leave apparently that was not it

The landlady that sold to you is not straightforward, you / your lawyer dint do your due diligence well also

You will need tact like someone said , and hope that you don’t have a stubborn tenant , the law favors them , they can hold up your project with litigation , be ready to negotiate if need be , maybe even pay them off , you have more to loose with every passing day , I wish you the best

My own was held up for one year with litigation till my new lawyer reached out to the tenant/his lawyer and we negotiated and gave them more time and they eventually left , was a mr Biggs franchise .

Going forward always inform the seller to put the place in vacant position or do only part payment till the land lord ensures all tenants are out before u pay the balance . You also need experience, yours or a good lawyer , and prayers grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:48pm On May 08, 2021
Someone posted this topic and picture about Owerri: https://www.nairaland.com/6543917/despite-security-shortcoming-owerri-still

My point is; have a look at the attached picture and the quality of houses in the street and look at the quality of the road. My question is, can't the landlords corporate and tar the road? They look well off enough going by the quality of the houses. Why wait for an ineffective government? I find this scenario all over Nigeria which is limiting property value. Tar the road yourselves!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by signature2012(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2021
Who can supply over 100 bags of cement?
Location is Sango Ota.
Give me a quote with your price.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 9:28pm On May 08, 2021
diordaves:
Someone posted this topic and picture about Owerri: https://www.nairaland.com/6543917/despite-security-shortcoming-owerri-still

My point is; have a look at the attached picture and the quality of houses in the street and look at the quality of the road. My question is, can't the landlords corporate and tar the road? They look well off enough going by the quality of the houses. Why wait for an ineffective government? I find this scenario all over Nigeria which is limiting property value. Tar the road yourselves!!!

Why tar the road when we can buy the biggest car with state of the art auxiliary gear that can come out of that mud unscathed?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 9:35pm On May 08, 2021
I made the mistake of not starting my building project earlier, I am almost done by the grace of God.
Naira is getting weaker, if you haven't start, try to start and consider property as a means of investment.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:45pm On May 08, 2021
Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!

Hydrometer ..... 4,000
Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 5,000
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 7,000
Electrolyte (Accurate specific gravity) ...9,000

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

SmartcellNuggets : Once you got a solar panel on a roof, energy is free. Once we convert our entire electricity grid to green and renewable energy, cost of living goes down.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2021
kopell:
Bros this write up advice is educative. The last paragraphs about clause in the legal language will never work in a market like Lagos. This is why many innocent people fall victim, as sellers, omo onile, know what they are doing very well to take advantage of innocent buyers. All of this is the governments fault, for instance, if it takes over 3 months to get genuine land information from Alausa and you have 6 or 10 people competing for the same landing property. I bet you one of the competitors would fall victim to scam just because they wanted the location so bad. This is one of my experience in many locations in Lagos. There was one particular one that really amazed me, we are in the process of searching the authenticity of the document given to us, by the time I get back I was told [b]someone else payed 3 million above the offer price. Guess what, who ever payed 15 million for that location wasted the entire money because the property is on committed government acquisition. [/b]This simple story happens everyday in Lagos property market. Imagine the temptation of buyers, no seller will oblige to those clause buy lawyers to sell his property if they have 20 innocent perspective buyers on one property. That is Lagos for you.

You're right tho, that's the more Reason we need to be extra careful with those People,

Just imagine the BOLDED shocked .

There was a similar story. Where a lady Rented an Apartment that has been marked for demolition, she didn't know because the house was repainted, After she spent money on some renovations in the house. A month later she was at the office when her phone rang, she was informed by her neighbour that their newly rented apartment has been demolished. She could not even pick up some of her Properties (This story is here on Nairaland)

May Almighty God help us all. May we not fall victims of heartless people.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:34pm On May 08, 2021
kiekie1:
Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!

Hydrometer ..... 4,000
Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 5,000
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 7,000
Electrolyte (Accurate specific gravity) ...9,000

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

SmartcellNuggets : Once you got a solar panel on a roof, energy is free. Once we convert our entire electricity grid to green and renewable energy, cost of living goes down.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620
I use my well water for over 3 years and tbe batteries no die wink Note: na you sell my 8 mecury tubular batteries for me grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:05pm On May 08, 2021
dapotemi:
The truth is the tenant no get agreement with the new owner, his agreement is with the former owner.

The new owner cannot do much, only tru NEGOTIATION. If the tenant is a PAYING tenant, na to negotiate with him. He has his right as a tenant and the law favours them. Let me share an experience with you.

I know someone that bought a house around tejuoso side, it has about 12 tenant; they all have different date when their rent will expire. I think the longest was about 6 month. Immediately he bought the house, he had a meeting with them, introduce himself as the new landlord and that hes not renting the place as he wants to demolish. As expected, he waited for all of their rent to expire (6 month), gave them another 3 month extra, about 8 tenant moved, remaining 4. The others claim they don't have money, after a lot of back and forth, he has to give them money, believe me hes not a stupid guy, but going through the law process will be very long, or unless you want to use charms or thug, he wasn't interested in both. AT the end of 11 month, 11 tenant left and the last tenant quickly took the new landlord to court, according to him, to enforce his fundamental human right, it was a messy situation. Took him 2 years to get everyone out of the house; with alot of money spent.
Your situation might appear simple, but believe me, you need tact. Godspeed sir.

This is well said.

If the property is in Lagos, then you need to apply tact.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:27pm On May 08, 2021
Naijapal:

Why tar the road when we can buy the biggest car with state of the art auxiliary gear that can come out of that mud unscathed?

Very self limiting attitude. The net worth on that road, there is no way that road should be in such state.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:48pm On May 08, 2021
DUNKA:
I use my well water for over 3 years and tbe batteries no die wink Note: na you sell my 8 mecury tubular batteries for me grin

Hello, good you're still enjoying your batteries since that year but I won't advice you use "well water" for routine maintenance Sir .. Thanks

https://www.mrright.in/ideas/appliances/inverter/why-use-distilled-water-for-inverter-battery/

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 12:31am On May 09, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 12:54am On May 09, 2021
rmx:

Hmmmm, I was exactly in your same situation 2 years ago when i purchased a commercial building , did all the search at lands for the title documents , encumbrance if any , etc etc , a lawyer handled it , guess what , the only thing he dint do was talk to the existing tenant grin, we went with the landlords word that everybody rent was due , and it was just a case of giving them quit notice and 6months they will leave apparently that was not it

The landlady that sold to you is not straightforward, you / your lawyer dint do your due diligence well also

You will need tact like someone said , and hope that you don’t have a stubborn tenant , the law favors them , they can hold up your project with litigation , be ready to negotiate if need be , maybe even pay them off , you have more to loose with every passing day , I wish you the best

My own was held up for one year with litigation till my new lawyer reached out to the tenant/his lawyer and we negotiated and gave them more time and they eventually left , was a mr Biggs franchise .

Going forward always inform the seller to put the place in vacant position or do only part payment till the land lord ensures all tenants are out before u pay the balance . You also need experience, yours or a good lawyer , and prayers grin

This is one of the reasons why I do not favor owning rental property in Nigeria. A lot of us, even people here, have the wrong ideas about how the law actually works. Nowhere in the law states that a tenant can stay even one day rent free in a house. The only thing a tenant’s lawsuit buys him is time, but as the delay is on, by law he is supposed to continue paying the rent. However the court case ends, the landlord can enforce collection of unpaid rent unless the judge awards financial claims against the landlord. Even highly educated people say incorrectly that a tenant can stay rent free for 6 months when issued quit notice. Landlords just suffer for nothing with this pervasive mindset

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 12:54am On May 09, 2021
Let me add my own Ten kobo to the discuss:

You dont really need a Lawyer, if you are willing to calm down and follow the law.
I am saying this because whatever anyone does or says, those that follow the Law will always triumph.

There is nothing wrong in buying a House with Tenants, there are procedures to follow, l have done the same thing not too long ago.

- Once you pay for the House, the transaction is finalised, you wont be getting any money back!
The House is now yours and the Seller owns the money you paid, unless she is willing to BUY BACK the House, from you, as the "Seller", at her own price.

- The problem here is a Tenant (or Tenants) still in tenancy but perhaps unwilling to vacate at the expiration of their tenancy, as demanded by YOU, the New Owner.
True, they have No Agreement with you but the agreement they had with the former Owner, which puts them in "lawful occupation", is now your Agreement (as the new owner).
- The Law requires that a tenant be given a 'minimum number' of Months, as QUIT NOTICE. You obviously have not served such Notice in the PROPER manner. It cant be Verbal, it has to be written and properly dated ('technicality' like that can invalidate it).

- You are even lucky that they have shown their position immediately and not wait till the moment when their rent expires.
The Tenancy Law allows you to serve a Tenant a Quit Notice, within the period of Tenancy but the condition is that such Notice must not expire before the expiration of their Tenancy, it can only end on the date or after the date of Tenancy.

- For a Yearly-paying tenant, they will need SIX Months Quit Notice. For bi-annual Tenants, you will serve THREE Months Quit Notice, for lesser duration of payment, you will serve One Month Notice.

My Advice: Serve them a Quit Notice IMMEDIATELY, if they have less than Six Months left or on the day after their Tenancy remains Six Months (If they pay yearly).
There is nothing you can do about the Six Months Notice, it is the Law.
If you follow the Law, you are protected, dont allow some tenant to rubbish you openly. undecided

- Alternatively, you can invite them to a Meeting and Offer to Refund the "balance of their Rent" in CASH.
If they ALL agree (No point doing it for one, when another will remain behind, ti will still hold you down), Draw-up and "Private Agreement" with them, stating what was agreed and the last day they must be in the House, Include an 'Ouster Clause' that states that "They have willingly agreed to these terms and wish to the bound by it, ousting any other rule or law that may govern such Agreement between the Tenant and Landlord".

The reason for this "Ouster Clause" is to take care of any of them that may collect a Refund and still refuses to leave on the said date, while trying to go to Court. Ordinarily, the Tenancy Law still governs such relationship and the Law DOES NOT allow you to "forcefully eject them" on the agreed date but with the "Ouster Clause", they have submitted to a "private agreement" between the two of you and ousted the tenancy Law from coming into Play, so you can pack their things out without falling foul of "Self Help", since they would have become "Impersonators" in your building, after the agreed date.

-Remember to go an pay "Stamp Duty" on this agreement (about #1,000) and get it stamped at the Court near you. That makes it enforceable in a Law Court, if you need to or defend yourself with it.

- If they refuse to agree to being paid-off, then you have no choice than to serve them the Quit Notice, but ensuring it expires on the date after their Rent expires. Be sure it ends on the "day-after" otherwise the Notice becomes invalid.
If they fail to leave on that day, you have to serve them another "Seven (7) Days Notice" of "Owners Intention to Reclaim Property".

- If they still refuse to move-out at the expiration of that 7days Notice, you go to the nearest District or Magistrate Court (based on the amount involved) and collect a Recovery of Premises Form N. It is a Judge that will give an "Order of Ejection" of the Occupier.

Any Rent owed between the expiration of Tenancy and this Order would also be ordered to be paid by the tenant (Mesne Profit) and the Court Bailiff will effect the Order and throw out the Tenant, including seizing his Properties for Auction, if he does not pay the ordered arrears on the spot.

So, it takes roughly less than 6-Weeks, after the Tenancy has elapsed, to LAWFULLY eject a Tenant who refuses to leave.
It is better to exercise this patience of time, than to fall foul of the Law, which can land a House-owner in Six Months Prison term and Fines. grin grin

Dont buy the story that it takes years to eject an Occupier, that was decades ago, for only those who dont know how to go about it or commit errors that jeopardises their case in court.

Lastpage!

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 1:08am On May 09, 2021
diordaves:

Very self limiting attitude. The net worth on that road, there is no way that road should be in such state.

You can say it again. Very self limiting and self centered.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 4:43am On May 09, 2021
BuildingProject:

So if his rent is to due by December. Then I have to wait till then? Even after making all payment? Am I the one to even send him out or the Previous owner? Cause I don't know why am now entangled in the matter.

Is it not possible for the previous owner to return whatever amount is left of his rent back to him and let him go?
Before you paid for the property,why didn't you carry out physical visitation?Why didn't you ask the seller to evict the tenant?Why are you inpatient?Even if the rent expires by December,you MUST wait.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:56am On May 09, 2021
Ibk2020:
I made the mistake of not starting my building project earlier, I am almost done by the grace of God.
Naira is getting weaker, if you haven't start, try to start and consider property as a means of investment.

Some have said otherwise.

I come in peace o grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 6:26am On May 09, 2021
kopell:
Just as Michlins said, don't start a war you can't finish in 4 to 5 years. Imagine one of them take you to court and hold down your investment without any value added to your money, it would be nice to negotiate with them. One thing I know, those things happen in other parts of the world as well when new owners buy investment property in lucrative locations. They end up paying the tenants in some cases enough money to buy there own houses. I have seen this happen many times in the west. From this part of the world, if a property is sold the current lease on record dies with it. Though there is other legal terms attached to most lease according to geographical location. Another experience with a friend where the tenants have court battle with him 3 years before the pandemic, my bother till date this guy is living rent free when the owner continues paying mortgage. You don't want to find yourself in a situation like that. Another situation like this when the property investors choose not to follow the rules, they pay criminals to burn down the house just to get the poor tenants out. The evil act caught up with them and pay big according to court verdict.

As a Landlord, the "Golden Rule" when you are into "Renting for Profit", is to always stay within the bounds of the Law.
It certainly does not take 4-5yrs to evict a Tenant, UNLESS the House Owner has gone into some Illegality, in his dealings with the Occupier or is completely clueless about what to do.
Even more important, always make sure you have a water-tight agreement signed between you and your tenant.
And keep to the letter of that agreement so that you dont invalidate it yourself..

I will have any Tenant out of my House within Five Weeks maximum, because for one, if l am serving a Notice, l will do it such that it will expire as your payment expires thus, l just have to give you Seven days Notice of Intention to Reposes Property, after which l will approach the Court for Eviction, using the requisite Form. Court will hear that House Owner/Occupier within three Weeks and if your Agreement is firm, the Judge will be too happy to decide the case immediately and send him packing.

Gone are those days when tenancy cases drag for long, it is usually because the Judge cannot be given a "Deed of Agreement" to work on.
Your Agreement will determine how easy and how long it may take you to discharge a stubborn tenant, pay good attention to it and ensure it is signed and stamped-dutied.

I beg Landlords not to take laws into their hands, it is not necessary and it does not make you or mean you are weak, it simply means you are smart!
Dont take any Tenant for granted because you never can say who is behind the curtain, drumming to the music he is dancing to. undecided

And dont let greed overtake you, in your dealings with your Tenants, no matter how Landlords and Tenants detest each other grin , dont over-charge them or embezzle many meant for provision of Utilities (Electricity Bills especially).

Tenants are humanbeings too and should be treated with respect ...... and firmness, if they break agreements or act unworthy.

Finally, consider not doing "Rent".
Instead, do a fixed term, (non) extensible Lease. The Tenant must leave on the day a Lease Expires (as stated in the agreement).
If he does not, You dont need a Six Months Notice, just Seven days Notice of Intention to Reposes Property.
undecided undecided grin
That is my little secret. grin undecided cool grin

You can let a Lawyer draw-up the LEase agreement for you, if you think you will bungle it.

Lastpage!

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 6:40am On May 09, 2021
diordaves:

My point is; have a look at the attached picture and the quality of houses in the street and look at the quality of the road. My question is, can't the landlords corporate and tar the road? They look well off enough going by the quality of the houses. Why wait for an ineffective government? I find this scenario all over Nigeria which is limiting property value. Tar the road yourselve[/b]s!!!

You hit the nail on the head, this has always bothered me too and [b]it shows how selfish Nigerians can be.

We had some Electricity problems in my area some time past and the Disco was wasting time so l suggested we buy a transformer, some Poles and Cables, requiring each house owner to fork-out between 500K and #1M, depending on the size of your property.

You wont believe that some, who are even very well-off, refused to cooperate but rather prefer to burn Diesel all day and pollute the environment.
Only about half of us shouldered all the contribution and since that time, l have lost respect for some of my neighbours, despite still being on greeting terms with them.

If l have my way, l will say every House Owner shall set aside at least #1M for Drainage and Road otherwise, they cannot build. Such Funds will construct the Road and Drainage that passes in front of your House, that way, no new house will be devoid of road and Drainage.

But then, those that are supposed to manage that fund and provide the infrastructure, will embezzle it or do a shoddy work that will fail within 12months.
Honestly, we need a rebirth in this Nigeria, the level of Corruption is unbearable.

Lastpage!

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:52am On May 09, 2021
diordaves:

It is against the law for private individuals to tar government road

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:57am On May 09, 2021
sonnie10:

It is against the law for private individuals to tar government road

Well there are roads in Lagos that were done by individuals, so I don't know it being against the law.

Worse become worse, you go get permissionffrom the LG since they are the one responsible for inner Street roads.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:57am On May 09, 2021
diordaves:

so eh, after paying all the taxes and levies which isn't limited to paying and providing your own security,power and water. You will then go ahead and tar roads.

If you do all these, what then becomes the duty of the elected officials. Bearing in mind that Imo state is an oil producing states with 30% derivatives. Is it only to buy the biggest cars with security escort be the work of the governors and other elected officials

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 7:00am On May 09, 2021
rmx:

If l may ask: What exactly was the bone of contention, that was being litigated on?

I dont think the seller can put the place in vacant position before selling because the "selling process" takes time in some cases and those are periods the seller is loosing income.
Also, the decision to sell may come suddenly due to sudden need for money, No seller will want to wait till all occupiers are out, before selling..

But l agree with you that the Owner needs to come clean, the Buyer needs to see the Rent agreement of each Occupier in the building to ascertain the extent of the Seller's liability (which transfers to the buyer on purchase) to his occupiers.

Even after all that, the Eviction Process could still become cumbersome if the Owner does not have a very detailed Agreement, which stipulates what and how it happens, when the Seller/Owner needs his property (Surrender of Property).

Most Tenants will resist moving out in Peace (and l can understand that inertia to move, unpacking can be stressful) so, a House Owner must always factor that in, in his Rent dealings, from the onset and prepare an agreement which gives him the widest latitude to legally remove the Tenant, when that times comes, in the shortest, possible time. A Judge will honor a 'stamped,private rent agreement' that both parties have put their signature on, as long as it is not overly abusive of any of the party or outrightly unlawful

It is a delicate endeavor, even a Lawyer that is not sound, will bungle it with some smart tenant. undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 7:06am On May 09, 2021
michlins:
so eh, after paying all the taxes and levies which isn't limited to paying and providing your own security,power and water. You will then go ahead and tar roads.

If you do all these, what then becomes the duty of the elected officials. Bearing in mind that Imo state is an oil producing states with 30% derivatives.
Is it only to buy the biggest cars with security escort be the work of the governors and other elected officials

Unfortunately, that is what Governance in Nigeria has become.
Very, very Sad.
Until we can change that situation, Residents have a Choice, to keep driving back and forth, on that muddy Road, while damaging their Car in the rainy season and pouring red dust on their property in the dry season. undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by therealMcCain: 7:18am On May 09, 2021
diordaves:

My brother, you will be shocked to know the resistance you will face from the same government if you try to do that road.

Patch you can, pour sand no problem

Mobilize contractors to do proper grading with Tar, na then you go know how far

Though there are exception, I think it depends on the area.

Then there is also the notion that it is capital intensive, so most folks dont just think towards that direction.

Lastly, forget the posh houses, some of those landlords of the so called posh houses dont pay the estate dev fee or partake in contributing to small projects. Sometimes its few people that mayup the short fall

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:25am On May 09, 2021
lastpage:

Unfortunately, that is what Governance in Nigeria has become.
Very, very Sad.
Until we can change that situation, Residents have a Choice, to keep driving back and forth, on that muddy Road, while damaging their Car in the rainy season and pouring red dust on their property in the dry season. undecided

Lastpage!
let's take the blame to where it's supposed to be and not blame who's not to blame. It's the government irresponsibility that made the road like that. Those citizens with big houses paid insane amount of money in taxes to get government approval for the building and that's after they secured the said land from omonile and whatnot.

You will build the house finish and pay NEPA to enable you connect to the grid and then pay for meter which they will ensure you don't get so they can cut the light and seize the wires you bought

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:05am On May 09, 2021
therealMcCain:

My brother, you will be shocked to know the resistance you will face from the same government if you try to do that road.

Patch you can, pour sand no problem

Mobilize contractors to do proper grading with Tar, na then you go know how far

Though there are exception, I think it depends on the area.

Then there is also the notion that it is capital intensive, so most folks dont just think towards that direction.

Lastly, forget the posh houses, some of those landlords of the so called posh houses dont pay the estate dev fee or partake in contributing to small projects. Sometimes its few people that mayup the short fall

Ive done this for more than 4 years without any issue from the government.

Just two months ago, a young fella approached me and he did proper grading without tar of over 10km road in my community.

I love standing up for stuffs like this. Let me see the LG chairman who can stop me. He’s either prepared to take up the job and do it immediately or prepared to lose his job.

One thing that made me popular in a community of over 4000 homes is community development (especially road construction).

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:30am On May 09, 2021
So I was in Ibadan once again and this time I’d be working in a familiar terrain and we will be working to deliver something fantastic in the same neighbourhood with Crimson Court by structuracasa.

I took some time to study the construction of Crimson Court to see what can be learnt and what we can improve upon.

Many thanks to our esteemed clients. You inspire us to do more.

#ChangingTheCityLandscape

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 8:40am On May 09, 2021
lastpage:

If l may ask: What exactly was the bone of contention, that was being litigated on?

I dont think the seller can put the place in vacant position before selling because the "selling process" takes time in some cases and those are periods the seller is loosing income.
Also, the decision to sell may come suddenly due to sudden need for money, No seller will want to wait till all occupiers are out, before selling..

But l agree with you that the Owner needs to come clean, the Buyer needs to see the Rent agreement of each Occupier in the building to ascertain the extent of the Seller's liability (which transfers to the buyer on purchase) to his occupiers.

Even after all that, the Eviction Process could still become cumbersome if the Owner does not have a very detailed Agreement, which stipulates what and how it happens, when the Seller/Owner needs his property (Surrender of Property).

Most Tenants will resist moving out in Peace (and l can understand that inertia to move, unpacking can be stressful) so, a House Owner must always factor that in, in his Rent dealings, from the onset and prepare an agreement which gives him the widest latitude to legally remove the Tenant, when that times comes, in the shortest, possible time. A Judge will honor a 'stamped,private rent agreement' that both parties have put their signature on, as long as it is not overly abusive of any of the party or outrightly unlawful

It is a delicate endeavor, even a Lawyer that is not sound, will bungle it with some smart tenant. undecided

Lastpage!

Good you are beginning to see other possibilities, current agreement was not tidy and properly done with franchise owner who had been using the space for about 5 years and took over from the original long lease tenant , previous tenant was uac /mr Biggs who had used the building for close to 20 years on a long lease

We were told the rent was due November previous year , bought feb . Gave our own 6 months quit notice immediately after introduction letter/ quit notice from sellers lawyer stating we are the new owners etc

tenant went to high court saying his rent was not due as he just paid paid about 50% of rent sometimes in Sept for the new year , challenged the landlord , an old man , said it was a loan grin and not rent payment , needed funds for an overseas medical check up and that rent is not stated on the receipt he gave to him grin

Litigation also included offer for sale and first refusal was not given to them , and that we brought thugs and caterpillar to disturb /chase away clients and bring down the building ( something we dint do or even think about ) and asking for compensation and restraint

May we not see problems grin,

The original poster needs tact and the wisdom of a good lawyer , I don talk my own , I can never buy a property the seller has not put in vacant position him/herself going forward

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:47am On May 09, 2021
Few months ago, one of my old buddy sent us a drone to add to NextHome’s equipment list. grin I flew it in a very unsafe environment and crashed it inside the bush.

I decided to learn from the pros. Here’s a short footage from the ongoing XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoQaolO79Dg

All work no play makes jack a dull boy. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joetoocute, MrKingOvie, Biztech02 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.