Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,579 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4400487 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:51am On May 21, 2021
Prices of iron rods in Asaba this morning

16mm N6,800 each length
12mm N3,900 each length
8mm N1,900 each length
Roll of binding wire 20kg N12,000

Nigeria is getting better grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:10am On May 21, 2021
spyder880:

16mm N6,800 each length
12mm N3,900 each length
8mm N1,900 each length

Wahala dey o.

Maybe we should stop building storey buildings and concentrate on bungalow and one storey shopping complexes.

I think the crave for duplexes and four flats is responsible for upward fluctuations in prices.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 11:14am On May 21, 2021
What are Lagos prices, Anyone?

spyder880:

16mm N6,800 each length
12mm N3,900 each length
8mm N1,900 each length

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 11:20am On May 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Chief, the longer I stay in Nigeria the more in awe I am as to how you people manage to get things done. Every business owner in Nigeria needs to be given a GCFR title.

Thanks for your leadership and showing us what is possible.

Have a wonderful day Sir.

grin grin

Funny but true and that's sadly one of our many problems.... too many chiefs and no Indians.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:25am On May 21, 2021
diordaves:

Wahala dey o.

Maybe we should stop building storey buildings and concentrate on bungalow and one storey shopping complexes.

I think the crave for duplexes and four flats is responsible for upward fluctuations in prices.

If we are not buying, the prices won’t go up.

I said it yesterday that our spending habit has changed and people have too much money at their disposal to spend.

Please note that price of food stuffs ain’t smiling either.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 11:31am On May 21, 2021
21Bandit:

can you please quote me on a dead thread
Check your thread.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2021
n3xt:

I said it yesterday that our spending habit has changed and people have too much money at their disposal to spend.

There are about 7 new projects happening within 500m around me.

They all started last week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:05pm On May 21, 2021
n3xt:

I guess they are all duplexes or double storey with heavy reliance on rebar and cement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2021
diordaves:

I guess they are all duplexes or double storey with heavy reliance on rebar and cement.

Any project here... even lockup shop relies heavily on cement and rebar.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 12:07pm On May 21, 2021
New arrival Spanish tiles
Wall Matt tiles
33by120
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047
#6500 per miter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 12:21pm On May 21, 2021
n3xt:

Se we dey eat too much ni? grin grin grin grin

I don't know whether we can still continue to say: May God help us.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:30pm On May 21, 2021
Badgers14:

grin grin

Funny but true and that's sadly one of our many problems.... too many chiefs and no Indians.

I don’t think there’s a problem with many chiefs as long as they’re functioning and adding to the bottom line. Some of the Indians are just unproductive bench warmers.

But we moove, no time grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:31pm On May 21, 2021
folmus:

As long as we can say “it is well” grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:33pm On May 21, 2021
Horlardorjah:

Why is it then called see through if you don't want people to see from the interior of the gate. The concept n purpose has been defeated

This is the current rage in Elebu cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:34pm On May 21, 2021
folmus:

Not really but more people are eating iron rods than staple foods these days �

I come in peace o!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 12:36pm On May 21, 2021
n3xt:

I come in peace o!

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink

Our latest staple
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:38pm On May 21, 2021
folmus:

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink

Our latest staple

No be me talk am o!

This one below nko?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:46pm On May 21, 2021
n3xt:

in this estate that am working, I see people working with 25mm rod and above. The thing tire me. You will see rods as Dem pack as if they don't pay for it

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 12:50pm On May 21, 2021
n3xt:

No be me talk am o!

This one below nko?

Hehehe, these look like the fish inside.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lightdream: 12:50pm On May 21, 2021
diordaves:

Wahala dey o.

I priced the 12mm yesterday without negotiating.
12mm N3,800 each length

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:06pm On May 21, 2021
michlins:
in this estate that am working, I see people working with 25mm rod and above. The thing tire me. You will see rods as Dem pack as if they don't pay for it

I’ll show you what 100 tons look like later today. I hope I do not forget.

We are no longer partying like before so there’s too much money to spend on projects.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:11pm On May 21, 2021
@michlins,

As I’m typing, I just received another request to design a massive mall in Ibadan.

Where’s all these money coming from? Dem no dey use N500m build malls. Let alone talk of a mall with 2 cinemas.

Walahi, I go so design this based on my experience working with the South Africans who designed and built some of the best malls in Nigeria.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 1:24pm On May 21, 2021
Wow,

This life eh. I was actually with u outside ur mansion yesterday and I have known u here for years.. we have always been so close , not far from each other.. God be praised.

EgunMogaji2:

I love my see through gate. I’ll personally never have another non see through gate again.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 1:25pm On May 21, 2021
The wealthy of the last few decades are blowing their money to enjoyed life!!! They are face with the reality that since they pack their family abroad; instead of building the country and those children has written nigeria off, they themselves cant move abroad because they can't start to clean and drive themselves and also do oga oga there

n3xt:

I come in peace o!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:55pm On May 21, 2021
true2home:
The wealthy of the last few decades are blowing their money to enjoyed life!!! They are face with the reality that since they pack their family abroad; instead of building the country and those children has written nigeria off, they themselves cant move abroad because they can't start to clean and drive themselves and also do oga oga there

You don't have to be "wealthy" to build a good house IMH.

While some like to spend their money on other things and still be seen as 'not rich enough', some prefer to gather their money thereby ignoring some form of pleasures just to build a good home they can always feel fulfilled in.

Don't be surprised that some people living in rented apartments with multiple cars traveling abroad have more money at their disposal than the person who built the house they pay rent to.

Matter of priority and taste.

Maybe they don't just understand the advantages of building a satisfying home.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:03pm On May 21, 2021
KIDfurniture:
Wow,

This life eh. I was actually with u outside ur mansion yesterday and I have known u here for years.. we have always been so close , not far from each other.. God be praised.

I keep telling people that we live in a small world.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 2:13pm On May 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

It's a lovely and expensive gate!
But if I'm doing slats, it's gonna be slat all through and that sheet will definitely have some lovely design cut into it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 2:16pm On May 21, 2021
Horlardorjah:

Why is it then called see through if you don't want people to see from the interior of the gate. The concept n purpose has been defeated

Other reasons for that kind of gate is to allow free flow of air and not to allow the build to look like a prison, brings out the beauty of the building, allows the occupants to see the person at the gate from their balcony, allows neighbours to see what is happening in the compound as a form of security.

It is not for the prying eyes of the passersby to see what is happening within your compound. That's my own take and how I would design mine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 2:18pm On May 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I tell you. Everybody is mounting this type in my area. I initially went for the usual checkered plate design but this has caught my attention and I have caught the bug, but still undecided.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 2:28pm On May 21, 2021
+23408108408732
Oakgroupdesigns@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 2:29pm On May 21, 2021
michlins:
yes the 4ft is the double doors, the single is 3ft.

The first is 4ft and the later picture is 3ft door

are these your doors?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:59pm On May 21, 2021
somehow:

You don't have to be "wealthy" to build a good house IMH.

While some likes to spend their money on others things and still be seen as 'not rich enough' , some prefers to gather their money while ignoring some pleasures just to build a good home they can always feel satisfied in.

Don't be surprised that some people living in rented apartments with multiple cars traveling abroad have more money than some people who built the house they pay rent to.

Matter of priority and taste.

Maybe they don't just understand the advantages of building a satisfying home.

Maybe a satisfying home is not an investment. So no need. grin cheesy smiley

I come in peace.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sodiq961(m), OnMyHonor, krak101(m), abbeyboy2o15(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.