Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368510 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hayor2014(m): 12:49pm On May 20, 2021
Available for sale in Wasimi village, off Lagos Abeokuta Express road.( 10 Minutes drive from Lafarge Cement factory)

* 5000 capacity Poultry farm -
* Farm sits on one Acre of land.(6 plots)
* Farm House - fully constructed (one living quarters, one storage unit and one office)
* Sewage system/drainage already installed.
* Sewage pit already dug and safety metal cover installed.
* Farm is 10 minutes drive from Elephant cement Ewekoro factory, 5 minutes of the road.
* Several neighboring farms exist, road is regularly graded and vehicle and truck accesible.
* 30 minutes either direction to Abeokuta and Sango-Ota.

Sale price - 10 Million Naira
Available for inspection

Contact - Mr Gbenga
Zero Eight Zero Eight Five Three zero zero zero zero three.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:51pm On May 20, 2021
rmx:

Been wondering about this surge in demand , is it possible people are rushing into construction and real estate to hedge loss in value of there naira ? Seems unwise to keep substantial idle naira in times like this

I feel that my land sale are very good partly because it doesn’t make sense to tie money down in a bank right now.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:56pm On May 20, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
Will supply you that dreams of your home of good quality materials� blessedsunny2
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047
Block 10, shop 55,Agric market, Odun-ade bus stop badagry expressway Coker-Lagos, Nigeria.

This one is really nice.

Is it available in rectangular?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 1:36pm On May 20, 2021
Focusmind:

Very correct. I wanted to ask the difference between a Welder and an Iron bender. My Structural Engineer goofed big time when I was building as I wasn't around when the building started up to decking level.

It was when we were about to do the decking that I called a seasoned iron bender, with a lot of construction experiences under his belt, to do the iron works for me. On getting to my site, because of some structural defects he saw, he advised places that we needed to put hidden beams, open beams and other reinforcement amendments to support the integrity of the building in certain places of the decking that were not in the structural plan as the building is a lengthy one.

My "COREN" registered structural Engineer agreed with him completely. That was how the building was saved. Since then, I had relied on the iron bender for certain things pertaining to the building.

I went to check reinforcement arrangement of a site in January. I was having this believe that the iron bender will not get it right because of the span of the cantilevers and some spaces in the interior. When i got there and assessed the work done, the iron bender was 90% correct with the slab & reinforcement layout. The omissions was where he used 12mm local rod and it was due to the instruction of the client when they have exhausted tmt.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2021
21Bandit:
Good Day
please i want to Venture Building a Self contain apartment, Delta state
i don't have much idea, my first building
currently have 4 million.
already have a secured land 100×50
please i need TIps
will the money be Enough
How many units of self contain?
Will all be on a level or you are raising it to another floor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 5:34pm On May 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

This one is really nice.

Is 60by60 Spanish tiles in square��

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 6:46pm On May 20, 2021
n3xt:

I think the major culprit is COVID19 which left a lot of half completed housing projects dotted our country like graveyard. So more people are trying to complete their near abandoned projects.

The rapidly increasing value of land is also an accomplice as most people are racing to avoid the risk of building their homes in downturns.

Lastly most developers who spent big on upscale developments are also pacing to avoid losing control of it.
Most projects suffered a huge setback last year and many are idling away.

______

Unlike never before, more people are building NOW because we have more disposable income.

Don’t think that is the major reason , COVID lockdown happened end of 2nd quarter to 3rd quarter last year

We don’t have more disposable income , for most Nigerians anyway , it’s the opposite , we have less compared to a year ago , the inflation rate and naira value tells us that

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 6:50pm On May 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I feel that my land sale are very good partly because it doesn’t make sense to tie money down in a bank right now.

I concur , More like it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 21Bandit: 7:15pm On May 20, 2021
uncleteeh:

How many units of self contain?
Will all be on a level or you are raising it to another floor?
no, i want it downstair
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:32pm On May 20, 2021
This Review Loud oooo  
Another 5stars On Google Page
For your Quality Roofing Material whatsapp 08085310359
# ImranRoofing

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:43pm On May 20, 2021
rmx:

Don’t think that is the major reason , COVID lockdown happened end of 2nd quarter to 3rd quarter last year

We don’t have more disposable income , for most Nigerians anyway , it’s the opposite , we have less compared to a year ago , the inflation rate and naira value tells us that

So what are we buying highly expensive building materials with?

I don’t think Nigerians have saved up that much to afford over 40% hike in price of building materials.

And construction hasn’t really slowed down. What I know is that our spending habit has changed drastically.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 8:24pm On May 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

This one is really nice.

Is 60by60 Spanish tiles in square �
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 8:30pm On May 20, 2021
21Bandit:
Good Day please i want to Venture Building a Self contain apartment, Delta state i don't have much idea, my first building currently have 4 million. already have a secured land 100×50 please i need TIps will the money be Enough
Be more explicit. Is it a room & parlour self con(mini flat) or a room self con?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 21Bandit: 8:33pm On May 20, 2021
ArcToyin:

Be more explicit. Is it a room & parlour self con(mini flat) or a room self con?
A room and palour Self contain
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:45pm On May 20, 2021
michlins:
bearing in mind that this will be under rain and sun, it's my opinion that you use something else. Personally I use 1.5mm to do doors that are protected from the direct rain and sun.

We are considering this gate but will be without pan behind. Will be see through

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:48pm On May 20, 2021
Jasobry:

We are considering this gate but will be without pan behind. Will be see through
it's a very good design but put pan at the middle. Leaving the up and down open. I don't know if you understand what I mean

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2021
21Bandit:

A room and palour Self contain
Okay

You first need an architectural drawing. Most especially floor plan & site plan. Because of your tight budget send me your email, let me forward the drawings to you for foc.

You will need the help of a sincere professional to guide you because your is too skinny for it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 8:59pm On May 20, 2021
Spanish product of 30by90
Porcelain Polish
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:07pm On May 20, 2021
michlins:
it's a very good design but put pan at the middle. Leaving the up and down open. I don't know if you understand what I mean

Gate must be a see through.. estate policy. Which i love.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 9:13pm On May 20, 2021
michlins:

It would look nice. Not putting the pan in the middle per say but a little bit up so that anyone standing in front of the gate will still not be able to peep except if the person bends or jump. The pan should be able to block direct prying eyes from passers by but still create see through up and down the gate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmyN(m): 9:51pm On May 20, 2021
21Bandit:
Good Day
please i want to Venture Building a Self contain apartment, Delta state
i don't have much idea, my first building
currently have 4 million.
already have a secured land 100×50
please i need TIps
will the money be Enough

Depends on what you want, but yes, 4 million can take you for a modest self-contained apartment. Start by getting an architectural drawing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:52pm On May 20, 2021
Jasobry:

I didn't know there was a rule
Focusmind:

It would look nice. Not putting the pan in the middle per say but a little bit up so that anyone standing in front of the gate will still not be able to peep except if the person bends or jump. The pan should be able to block direct prying eyes from passers by but still create see through up and down the gate.
sure that works too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 21Bandit: 10:09pm On May 20, 2021
ArcToyin:

Okay

You first need an architectural drawing. Most especially floor plan & site plan. Because of your tight budget send me your email, let me forward the drawings to you for foc.

You will need the help of a sincere professional to guide you because your is too skinny for it.

can you please quote me on a dead thread
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 21Bandit: 10:09pm On May 20, 2021
emmyN:

Depends on what you want, but yes, 4 million can take you for a modest self-contained apartment. Start by getting an architectural drawing.
thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:16pm On May 20, 2021
21Bandit:

no, i want it downstair

You're inquiry is about 4 units of self contain(parlour+room+kitchen+toilet)?

In some states self contain is just room+toilet+kitchen. While that which is actually called self contain in Delta/Benin is called one bedroom flats.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 11:25pm On May 20, 2021
Boss I saw this late, you can call this 2 number to confirm their price.
08053338218- Owner
+234 902 668 1594 -Driver
EgunMogaji2:
Great morning.

I need laterite and sharp sand delivered this morning in Ijebu Ode. Prefer direct driver, no Consultants.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 21Bandit: 11:31pm On May 20, 2021
bixton:

You're inquiry is about 4 units of self contain(parlour+room+kitchen+toilet)?

In some states self contain is just room+toilet+kitchen. While that which is actually called self contain in Delta/Benin is called one bedroom flats.

here in Delta self contain is A room and palour with kitchen and Bathroom

thank you for the clarity
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 12:52am On May 21, 2021
Please kindly help with markets in Lagos where I can purchase original pigment to produce coloured interlocking stones.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 1:14am On May 21, 2021
21Bandit:

no, i want it downstair
Ok. You are good to go. Ur present budget will really go a long way.
Make sure your architectural design is simple. Avoid unnecessary recesses, ensure your roof plan is as simple as monopitch.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 1:16am On May 21, 2021
21Bandit:

here in Delta self contain is A room and palour with kitchen and Bathroom

thank you for the clarity
Really? That's huge ooooo.
Hmmm, OK.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:51am On May 21, 2021
Jasobry:

I love them “open wide.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dapotemi, KEVIND and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.