Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,768 members, 7,851,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4480906 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (3689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 12:31pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

I don't need no silly proposal, I WANT A FIX !!!

Wow!!

This is a big problem. I remember this problem. I thought it was fixed.

This problem would have been best fixed during the dry season. All hands must be on deck. I have a competent hand I can recommend to help you.

Should I link you up?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2016
3strikes:
Oga QC1 so this is what you've been going through for your site?

But Bosun said he advised you na.

In the name of ALMIGHTY God that created heaven and earth and all inside it, Bosun Shoyeye will not go unpunished for this lies against me!

So he actually rejoiced for his incompetent job and make a mockery of me to others when he fled my site with my money and only gave advice on this forum!?

LORD GOD, my Jesus, if I've truly worked so hard for my money and if I've truly serve no God but you, You will not let this man go unpunished.

I'm going to begin a legal action ASAP. Thanks 3strikes.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:34pm On May 12, 2016
^^

Amen!! Everything you said shall come to pass if I make a jest of you.

I told you all these things and I'm sure the internet where we shared info will bear me a witness. All the post are still there unedited.
I was upfront about the water challenge to which nothing was done about it. https://www.nairaland.com/1338637/chateau-ile-oluji-construction-journal/43#20505137

Even when you called me in 2015 for your roofing, I still remember telling you to fix the water issue before loading the structure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 12:34pm On May 12, 2016
FastShipping:

Wow!!

This is a big problem. I remember this problem. I thought it was fixed.

This problem would have been best fixed during the dry season. All hands must be on deck. I have a competent hand I can recommend to help you.

Should I link you up?

I know you told him to meet me off the forum but he continue to run around. He never showed up. I called him couples of time and he refused to pick up.

Here he is, trying to offer a fix for another dude and looking another victim!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 12:36pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

I know you told him to meet on off the forum but he continue to run around. He never showed up. I called him couples of time and he refused to pick up.

Here he is, trying to offer a fix for another dude and looking another victim!

Forget about Brabus for a minute. Have you got competent hands to fix this problem once and for all or do you need me to link you up?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 12:38pm On May 12, 2016
FastShipping:

Forget about Brabus for a minute. Have you got competent hands to fix this problem once and for all or do you need me to link you up?

I'm trying all I could. Everyone that came to fix the problem advised me to sue him. And yes, I will appreciate all help I can get.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 12:40pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

I'm trying all I could. Everyone that came to fix the problem advised me to sue him.

Suing him wont stop the problem. Top notch engineering work is what you urgently need.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 12:43pm On May 12, 2016
FastShipping:

Suing him wont stop the problem. Top notch engineering work is what you urgently need.

I agree, that's why I'm trying to fix it on my own.If you have a professional that can look at it please forward his contact to my email : keem4ever69@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 12:47pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

I agree, that's why I'm trying to fix it on my own.If you have a professional that can look at it please forward his contact to my email : keem4ever69@gmail.com. Thanks.

I have a professional that can come out there to take a look at it. This is not something you can fix on your own. You need to hands-off to professionals now and let them do the right thing. It is going to cost you a lot of money but you have no choice but to fix it once and for all and be happy.

Call 08027355235.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 12:50pm On May 12, 2016
FastShipping:

I have a professional that can come out there to take a look at it. This is not something you can fix on your own. You need to hands-off to professionals now and let them do the right thing. It is going to cost you a lot of money to you have no choice but to fix it once and for all and be happy.

Call 08027355235.

Please try to give him a heads up and tell him my wife will contact him. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 12:54pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

Please try to give him a heads up and tell him my wife will contact him. Thanks.

I just called him to explain the situation to him. He is working for me now but I don't mind him leaving mine to solve your emergency situation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:54pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

wow that's big
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:55pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

wow that's big...pray you find a solution sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2016
FastShipping:

I just called him to explain the situation to him. He is working for me now but I don't mind him leaving mine to solve your emergency situation.

I'm not in Naija right now put I've given my wife (who's currently on site as we speak) the instruction to talk to him. Thanks.

modified:

My wife just called him with brief explanations and he promised to get back to her.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:11pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

I'm not in Naija right now put I've given my wife (who's currently on site as we speak) the instruction to talk to him. Thanks.
I am not an engr...but there was a site I worked around makoko with similar problem..the engr raise the floor level by using filling sand...the problem stop I believed. Not sure if this will work in your own case. You can contact the engr sir fastshipping recommend
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2016
twinskenny:
I am not an engr...but there was a site I worked around makoko with similar problem..the engr raise the floor level by using filling sand...the problem stop I believed. Not sure if this will work in your own case. You can contact the engr sir fastshipping recommend

^^^

This is what was suggested and this is what we did. I'm on the phone with my wife right now and she's telling me that it seem's it's working.
We dug up the DPC and raised the floor another 2-3 inches with water proof cement and we are going to do the same again for tiling. Right now, we are just observing the fix for a while before tiling.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:36pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

^^^

This is what was suggested and this is what we did. I'm on the phone with my wife right now and she's telling me that it seem's it's working.
We dug up the DPC and raised the floor another 2-3 inches with water proof cement and we are going to do the same again for tiling. Right now, we are just observing the fix for a while before tiling.

By God Grace it will work...it can be frustrating
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:38pm On May 12, 2016
Baba Qc1

Pls hold on tiling. Deal with the compound. If possible, floor the compound. When the soil (laterite) beneath the foundation gets wet, it become a problem. It won't be able to support the structure anymore.

I know your terrain more than anyone here and I'm speaking from experience. You know I've walked the whole estate behind you, the buildings beside and in front of you and even the Cele Church behind experiencing similar problem and their fix.

Water must be kept off the property. The building or foundation is not the problem. The problem is non-stop flow of water usually experienced during period of heavy rain or 2 - 3 days rain.

For me, I want to collect all the rainwater coming from the roof and channel them out of the compound to a safer distance.

I agree I'm a Mr-Internet-Fix-It but what I'm telling you since 2013 hasn't change and it might worth trying.
You won't have a need to fix a foundation if there's no water in the first place.

So deal with the cause of the problem and not the effect of the problem.

Crack, damp, water ingress are all effect of water in foundation and not the cause.

The causes remains leaky pipes, roof rainwater, runoff, drainage spill, blocked drainage etc.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
twinskenny:

By God Grace it will work...it can be frustrating

Amen my brother! It's even more frustrating after spending N27m plus, and you're about to retire and relocation to Lagos. Now that I'm totally broke....I rest in God's hands.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 2:45pm On May 12, 2016
n3xt:
Baba Qc1

Pls hold on tiling. Deal with the compound. If possible, floor the compound. When the soil (laterite) beneath the foundation gets wet, it become a problem. It won't be able to support the structure anymore.

I know your terrain more than anyone here and I'm speaking from experience. You know I've walked the whole estate behind you, the buildings beside and in front of you and even the Cele Church behind experiencing similar problem and their fix.

Water must be kept off the property. The building or foundation is not the problem. The problem is non-stop flow of water usually experienced during period of heavy rain or 2 - 3 days rain.

For me, I want to collect all the rainwater coming from the roof and channel them out of the compound to a safer distance.

I agree I'm a Mr-Internet-Fix-It but what I'm telling you since 2013 hasn't change and it might worth trying.
You won't have a need to fix a foundation if there's no water in the first place.

So deal with the cause of the problem and not the effect of the problem.

Crack, damp, water ingress are all effect of water in foundation and not the cause.

The causes remains leaky pipes, roof rainwater, runoff, drainage spill, blocked drainage etc.

I just wonder what is worse than a paid contractor that wont fix his own mess but throwing suggestion from far distance?

My God will fight for me, just as he did with Sodom & Gomorrah by thunder by fire may he deal with this fraudsters!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 3:03pm On May 12, 2016
just so unfortunate... undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

Amen my brother! It's even more frustrating after spending N27m pluse, and you're about to retire and relocation to Lagos. Now that I'm totally broke....I rest in God's hands.

This part got to me, I'm sorry my Brother but you'll conquer this one too in sha Allah.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 3:06pm On May 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This part got to me, I'm sorry my Brother but you'll conquer this one too in sha Allah.

Amen.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2016
Qc1:

I just wonder what is worse than a paid contractor that wont fix his own mess but throwing suggestion from far distance?

My God will fight for me, just as he did with Sodom & Gomorrah by thunder by fire may he deal with this fraudsters!

Once again a big amen! May your God fight for you and every other persons around you affected. I like as you put it to God.

One thing you know is I'm not a greedy person when it comes to money and that you know for sure.

But to clear the air, I didn't throw any suggestion from distance. I tidied up my job since January 2014 and never had any backlog of work left undone except you have a contrary proof.

I didn't take money from you for any job and not do it. So apportioning blame to me for what we didn't agree on its cost is what I really don't know. I'm never keen about what comes in or out other than advice you on the best selection.

In sure you know I was just a builder on paid commission on the project and not a contractors and as such I'm limited in my capacity to make judgement for you sir. Neither do I make a unilateral decision.

A visit to the thread will show that I was upfront with all the site challenges right from the beginning of the project. And proposed all the known fixes to you right in the thread and on site. I never had to carry out any of the solution for you because you have your own way to do them. I can recollect how mumuni led a team of abokis to come and backfill the house with the laterite. I was just an observer and cannot do anything about it.

Bros, I'm sure you knew I even advised against using laterite for the Sandfilling of the house because it's not good for the terrain but before I got back to the site after completion of the raft, Sandfilling has been done. Even though I recommended getting rubbles from Julius Berger site at Ikorodu and the road construction. Your supplier and bro can attest to this. I didn't have to impose anything on you. The only time I suggested a supplier to you was a granite supplier who did just one trip and nothing more.

Bros, how am I a fraudster? For telling the problems and challenges faced on site that you visit everyday we were there but chose to take with a pinch of salt or allowing you to take a lead while watching your back and advising you on the challenges ahead.

When we found neighbors waste pipe as the main culprit in your compound, I asked that we do everything on our part to safe your structure forgetting what the neighbour should have done because we are at the receiving end. Did we do that?

I'm sure you'll agree I'm not a fraudster when I went to locate where govt drainage in the area and the affected buildings around so that we can plan a proper channelisation of water in that area. Has that been done? Because I know there was never a kobo credited to me over this.

Bro's lastly, when you called me back a year after for your roofing, and I got to know about the fence you did that fell, I told you that you need to fix the water issue ASAP and adviced against using stone coated roofing. I'm sure you'll remember we walk this same walk sometimes last year.

It's so painful but how I wish there's something I can do other than telling you what I know. The structure isn't the problem, the water is. The same water affecting everyone around you.

You just have to deal with problem and not the cosmetic effects.

I believe my mess didn't fall the fence you did by yourself. The water (lateral pressure) did. Neither did it do any damage to other structures affected in the neighbourhood but the uncontrolled flow of water did.
The earlier a combined effort is taken to fix this source, the better.

Beside, I'm not here to score cheap points. I just need to reiterate my points which remain unchanged since 2013.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 4:19pm On May 12, 2016
n3xt:

Once again a big amen! May your God fight for you and every other persons around you affected. I like as you put it to God.

One thing you know is I'm not a greedy person when it comes to money and that you know for sure.

But to clear the air, I didn't throw any suggestion from distance. I tidied up my job since January 2014 and never had any backlog of work left undone except you have a contrary proof.

I didn't take money from you for any job and not do it. So apportioning blame to me for what we didn't agree on its cost is what I really don't know. I'm never keen about what comes in or out other than advice you on the best selection.

In sure you know I was just a builder on paid commission on the project and not a contractors and as such I'm limited in my capacity to make judgement for you sir. Neither do I make a unilateral decision.

A visit to the thread will show that I was upfront with all the site challenges right from the beginning of the project. And proposed all the known fixes to you right in the thread and on site. I never had to carry out any of the solution for you because you have your own way to do them. I can recollect how mumuni led a team of abokis to come and backfill the house with the laterite. I was just an observer and cannot do anything about it.

Bros, I'm sure you knew I even advised against using laterite for the Sandfilling of the house because it's not good for the terrain but before I got back to the site after completion of the raft, Sandfilling has been done. Even though I recommended getting rubbles from Julius Berger site at Ikorodu and the road construction. Your supplier and bro can attest to this. I didn't have to impose anything on you. The only time I suggested a supplier to you was a granite supplier who did just one trip and nothing more.

Bros, how am I a fraudster? For telling the problems and challenges faced on site that you visit everyday we were there but chose to take with a pinch of salt or allowing you to take a lead while watching your back and advising you on the challenges ahead.

When we found neighbors waste pipe as the main culprit in your compound, I asked that we do everything on our part to safe your structure forgetting what the neighbour should have done because we are at the receiving end. Did we do that?

I'm sure you'll agree I'm not a fraudster when I went to locate where govt drainage in the area and the affected buildings around so that we can plan a proper channelisation of water in that area. Has that been done? Because I know there was never a kobo credited to me over this.

Bro's lastly, when you called me back a year after for your roofing, and I got to know about the fence you did that fell, I told you that you need to fix the water issue ASAP and adviced against using stone coated roofing. I'm sure you'll remember we walk this same walk sometimes last year.

It's so painful but how I wish there's something I can do other than telling you what I know. The structure isn't the problem, the water is. The same water affecting everyone around you.

You just have to deal with problem and not the cosmetic effects.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:41pm On May 12, 2016
Oga brabus

Can u please just visit Mr qc1 site and see what you can do to help him?

I am hating the solution you are trowing on air without going there to see things physically and see what you can do to help.

Pls in the name of God you are serving

I feel sad reading the below sad cry

Qc1:

Amen my brother! It's even more frustrating after spending N27m plus, and you're about to retire and relocation to Lagos. Now that I'm totally broke....I rest in God's hands.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2016
@QC1
I thought this problem was already fix.. it's annoying and expensive for this to still keep going on.
God will surely show you the way and provide you the fund to solve the problem once and for all. God blessing.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anikkyshaya: 5:02pm On May 12, 2016
@muff Am currently follow most of your post sir, well done and more power to you sir.

Kindly help me with this sir and my fellow people in the house. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/3101444/how-collect-survey-plan-cof
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:21pm On May 12, 2016
agarawu23:
Oga brabus

Can u please just visit Mr qc1 site and see what you can do to help him?

I am hating the solution you are trowing on air without going there to see things physically and see what you can do to help.

Pls in the name of God you are serving

I feel sad reading the below sad cry

Bros, I was at the site throughout the build period, saw the challenges and tell Sir QC1 all the proposed fixes. We parted ways after completing the build process and was unable to agree on cost of raising a fence and drainages which will address the major problem. The client took it upon himself and arrange some men to do the job. I wasn't told, I was there.

I've visited the site again in 2015 when the client called me for the roofing. I saw the same challenge we left behind in 2013 and adviced that it should be fixed right away before roofing the structure.

Now, this is coming again. @ agarawu23, I was told by the client that the madam does not want to see me on their site and what can I do than to watch, pray and hope for the best.

To visit the site is not an issue for me but to apply the right fix which comes at a cost. Not minding whatever it cost. I've always been visiting but we've not done a thing about what I suggested.

Are we saying, out of 10s of different tradespeople and artisans who have visited that site lately, no one have spot the issue and ask that it should be fixed before the rains.
Water is an issue to take very serious especially when you're in a very challenging terrain.

@ agarawu23, I'm ready to visit again if I have the permission to do so.

I don't know which money but if I can ask:

Is it money for the cement that we went to buy together from your contact in Igbogbo?

Is it money for the granite and gravel we both went to buy at Ikorodu suppliers stall?

Is it money for blocks supplied by (Baba Afusa) your old friend?

Is it money for roofing woods supplied by your neighbour (bought by your brother)?

Is it money for sand supplied by the big bros on the street?

Is it money for the technical students that came through your brother to do the upper floor block setting?

Is it money for the fence that you did by yourself?

Is it money for the Omo oniles that was paid by your brother to your old friend?

Is it money for the granites supplied by Iya Afusat (your old friend)?

Is it money for the filling sand bought from the big bros in your neighbourhood which was done while I was on Xmas break?

Is it money for labourers led by mumuni that sandfill the foundation and also backfill the house with laterite?

Is there any money paid to any of my workers because I didn't pay them?

Baba, I'm not among the 27m project o. There's no way we could have done that figure at slab stage where we stopped work.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 5:22pm On May 12, 2016
27m . This man might go mad oh . All these contractors doesn't care .they think people pick money from a tree . Forget God in this and look for solution . If I spend that kind of money I won't be here on the net " I will be naked looking for the contractor . E better make e kill me oh .

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 12, 2016
AZUH:
27m . This man might go mad oh . All these contractors doesn't care .they think people pick money from a tree . Forget God in this and look for solution . If I spend that kind of money I won't be here on the net " I will be naked looking for the contractor . E better make e kill me oh .

Confirm.

Ijebu Ode tinzs grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 12, 2016
Let's have a laugh shall we grin

This is what happens when the Site Supervisor is not on site and is 8,000 miles away in another time zone. Carpenter and Bricklayer apprentices runs amock.

Sometimes when I see some of the atrocities committed on Nigerian building sites, I become thankful for my "Baba Lati" and his easily rectifiable oversights.

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (3689) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kopell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.