Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387984 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) (2248) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hadrianus: 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2021
I know that not everyone can follow it and for public projects that is another kettle of fish. I am simply letting the OP know that he shouldn't feel overbilled.
UC92:

Which Arcon? Which scale of fees are you talking about? It has never been effective in this country even for public projects.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hadrianus: 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2021
Thanks for posting this.

Horlardorjah:

If all professionals are to charge the standard fee for drawings and other services like consultation and the likes, many won't be able to afford it and the professional bodies are not so united to stand n enforce this
The disunity in those association have way to people that are not even graduates of those professions to practice with little knowledge they have which is one the comedy you just read now.
You were not quotes high except you did not get value for your money.
I do designs with many details inclusive, ceilings, tiles, landscape n many more that the cheap ones won't do, hence I will charge more than people doing cut n paste

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
Please how much is 30tons of plastering sand in Lagos(mainland)?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 8:21pm On Jun 05, 2021
This might interest you, we designed a 4 units of 3 bedrooms terraced duplex on a 60 x 120 plot

https://www.nairaland.com/6555082/thread-duplex-designs-offer-planning

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2021
It’s such a shame that you folks don’t share floor plans, except for Darynex. But oh well.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 9:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

It’s such a shame that you folks don’t share floor plans, except for Darynex. But oh well.
smiley

Are we going through this again boss? I thought this issue of floor plan or not have been treated severally on this thread.

First of all, I don't discuss people and what works for them, I am also a fan of dareynx and his wonderful works here on nairaland, but sir I stand to be corrected he (dareynx) doesn't share his floor plans here. Even if he does, everyone has their own guiding principle to business and what works for them.

If you contact me for a design, I give you unresisted access to my floor plans, ask you if you need any modifications whatsoever before we even talk about the fee, that's my principle and it works for me.

I won't even dabble into the debate of, "is it ideal for a client personalized floor plan to be shared for public consumption without client's approval"?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:50pm On Jun 05, 2021
Charisdesigns:
This might interest you, we designed a 4 units of 3 bedrooms terraced apartment on a 60 x 120 plot

https://www.nairaland.com/6555082/thread-duplex-designs-offer-planning

Are these terrace duplex or flats. Do clarify.

PonziHater
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
Dijita:
Good morning all.
Anyone here familiar with SPC flooring that can educate me on cost, quality, pros and cons vs regular tiles and any other buyers be aware info?
Thanks

Hello everyone. Few weeks ago. I made inquiries regarding SPC floor. I didn't get any response that address my concern. Shout out to money121 who referred me to someone.
In the course of my research, I came across this video that I believe can help others. SPC is an alternative to wood flooring that is more cheaper and better for Nigeria environment. Please take few minutes to watch and reply with your opinion. thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMUMUGDZI2E

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Are these terrace duplex or flats. Do clarify.

PonziHater

Duplex please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by psychologist(m): 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2021
cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 11:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
Dijita:

Hello everyone. Few weeks ago. I made inquiries regarding SPC floor. I didn't get any response that address my concern. Shout out to money121 who referred me to someone.
In the course of my research, I came across this video that I believe can help others. SPC is an alternative to wood flooring that is more cheaper and better for Nigeria environment. Please take few minutes to watch and reply with your opinion. thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMUMUGDZI2E
Thank you for sharing.

Indeed, this is coming in handy for I and my client's ongoing project, originally we have settled to use vinyl or laminate for the flooring of this particular project, but with this spc, I think we have another option. ( I do look it up)

Thanks once again for sharing

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:09am On Jun 06, 2021
Charisdesigns:

Thank you for sharing.

Indeed, this is coming in handy for I and my client's ongoing project, originally we have settled to use vinyl or laminate for the flooring of this particular project, but with this spc, I think we have another option. ( I do look it up)

Egungun be careful. Na express you dey enter so.
All those materials are not the best for out weather. Heat and rough sand from out will ruin it in matter of days.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:56am On Jun 06, 2021
Charisdesigns:

smiley

Are we going through this again boss? I thought this issue of floor plan or not have been treated severally on this thread.

First of all, I don't discuss people and what works for them, I am also a fan of dareynx and his wonderful works here on nairaland, but sir I stand to be corrected he (dareynx) doesn't share his floor plans here. Even if he does, everyone has their own guiding principle to business and what works for them.

If you contact me for a design, I give you unresisted access to my floor plans, ask you if you need any modifications whatsoever before we even talk about the fee, that's my principle and it works for me.

I won't even dabble into the debate of, "is it ideal for a client personalized floor plan to be shared for public consumption without client's approval"?

Unfortunately you don’t get to decide my responses on a public forum.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 6:16am On Jun 06, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Unfortunately you don’t get to decide my responses on a public forum.

Neither should you malign someone who is advertising his expertise just because you have a favorite architect.

It's very rude

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 6:17am On Jun 06, 2021
Charisdesigns:

smiley

Ignore him and keep on showcasing your talent to the world.

You must not be subject to his outdated expectations.

16 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:19am On Jun 06, 2021
pussiboner:

Neither should you malign someone who is advertising his expertise just because you have a favorite architect.

It's very rude

I’m only responsible for what I post. Not how you chose to interpret it for your amusement.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:20am On Jun 06, 2021
pussiboner:

Ignore him and keep on showcasing your talent to the world.

You must not be subject to his outdated expectations.

A very good advice. You should practice same. But you won’t wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:32am On Jun 06, 2021
Charisdesigns:

Thank you for sharing.

You are welcome sir. Nice design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:43am On Jun 06, 2021
Peace be still.
Happy Sunday to the great people of this forum.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:51am On Jun 06, 2021
Happy Democracy Week Nigeria!

Let me share this before the ‘ban’ madness extend to other social media platforms.

Foundation Work When Nature Gets in The Way

Piers and Beam or Stilt Foundation

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’m only responsible for what I post. Not how you chose to interpret it for your amusement.

At least you got my message. That's the most important thing.

Mediocrity doesn't amuse me, you can continue "amusing" your cronies

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:01am On Jun 06, 2021
pussiboner:

At least you got my message. That's the most important thing.

Mediocrity doesn't amuse me, you can continue "amusing" your cronies

Nothing about you is of any importance to me. Try sucking up to someone that might care cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 7:10am On Jun 06, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Nothing about you is of any importance to me. Try sucking up to someone that might care cool

You care, that's why you are replying my massages. I know with age comes, lower reasoning and uncouth messages like the one you have been dishing out.

My message is simple to you. Do not bully people who advertise here and expect them to conform to your substandard expectations.

This is my last response to you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:19am On Jun 06, 2021
pussiboner:

You care, that's why you are replying my massages. I know with age comes, lower reasoning and uncouth messages like the one you have been dishing out.

My message is simple to you. Do not bully people who advertise here and expect them to conform to your substandard expectations.

This is my last response to you.

Again I’m only responsible for what I post, not how you choose to titillate yourself with it.

I’ll always be here. I’ll always be me. Have a nice Sunday grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 7:35am On Jun 06, 2021
n3xt:

Let me share this before the ‘ban’ madness extend to other social media platforms.

Boss, this is good. which project is this?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Yansham: 7:41am On Jun 06, 2021
Good morning professionals.

I want to know if 28m can build a solid 3bedroom duplex in Abijo.

My reason for asking is because a real estate coy is offering that and I am sceptical if they can do a good job for that amount.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 7:57am On Jun 06, 2021
Wow
I didn't see this coming

@ pussi.boner I sincerely appreciate.

@Egunmogaji, I honestly understand the angle you are coming from, I personally have had a first hand experience of seeing super nice 3d's of buildings then the floor plan was presented
and I cringed.

On this forum, I know of guys whose floorplans are great but their visualization skill is not top notch, I also have seen folks whose 3d's are aesthetically appealing but the functionality of their floor plan is nothing to write home about. That is the main reason why when clients come to me with pictures or 3d's, I ask them to put it aside first and we will design something that is subjective to their survey plan, then give it whatsoever outlook they want.

Now concerning sharing of floorplans, I honestly don't think it is ideal for security reasons to go on and share clients floor plan on a forum, this is the main reason you will never find banks give out their designs to random architects, or Tosin Oshinowo (the lady architect that designed maryland mall) to share the plan on any platform or her website even, nor you Egunmogaji share the details|position of your hidden openable burglary window wink

I can go on and share how some persons been armed with floor plan and 3d will just download and give to their experienced bricklayer who will accurately put dimensions on the plan and boom building done stand. cheesy

Hence I appeal to everyone not to let this little misunderstanding derail the thread.

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 8:03am On Jun 06, 2021
n3xt:

Now this is unusual and not what you get to see everyday. Pad + raft on same plot

This will be an interesting build smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2021
Charisdesigns:
Wow
I didn't see this coming

@ pussi.boner I sincerely appreciate.

@Egunmogaji, I honestly understand the angle you are coming from, I personally have had a first hand experience of seeing super nice 3d of a building then the floor plan was presented
and I cringed.

On this forum, I know of guys whose floorplans are great but their visualization skill is not too notch, I also have seen folks whose 3d's are estactic but the functionality of their floor plan is nothing to write home about. That is the main reason why when clients come to me with pictures or 3d's, I ask them to put it aside first and we will design something that is subjective to their survey plan then give it a whatsoever outlook they want.

Now concerning sharing of floorplans, I honestly don't think it is ideal for security reasons to go on and share clients floor plan on a national forum, this is the main reason you will never find banks give out their designs to random architects, or Tosin Oshinowo (the lady architect that designed maryland mall) to share the plan on any platform or her website even, nor you Egunmogaji share the details|position of your hidden openable burglary window wink

I can go on and share how some persons been armed with floor plan and 3d will just download and give to their experienced bricklayer who will accurately put dimensions on the plan and boom building done stand. cheesy

Hence I appeal to everyone not to let this little misunderstanding derail the thread.

I have no problem with you saying no to me. It’s your business policy. I take a position to you comparing a floor plan to a specific security feature. It’s common practice on here to stop sharing pictures at some point of the build.

It’s my fault for expecting folks in Nigeria to do business like professionals do in the USA.

I’ve bought many plans online from various online architectural outfits where they show 3D including floor plans.

Again, I have no issue with you following your business practice (for example I don’t negotiate my prices) but please don’t expect me not to have a voice on a public online forum. It’ll never happen.

Thanks.

PS: I don’t consider this derailing. I consider it a discussion.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 8:30am On Jun 06, 2021
Yansham:

My reason for asking is because a real estate coy is offering that and I am sceptical if they can do a good job for that amount.
I really don’t know if the 28m would be enough or not. What I’m concerned about is the quality of work that would be done during the construction of the said duplex.
It’s better to get your design from architects and get a building contractor to do justice to it, under your close supervision if you have the time.
I am seriously struggling to pull out of a “bring this amount and I’ll build you a 4bedroom duplex” kinda situation now and I’m still in the mess currently.
Save yourself the headache.
“Trust is the currency of fraud...”

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:36am On Jun 06, 2021
Yansham:

Please keep us posted if this is real. Thanks

PonziHater

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) (2248) ... (3667) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.