Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388602 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2263) (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) (2269) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
money121:

Tested ok
I recommend him

GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY. Call/WhatsApp 08163862804

https://nigerianprice.com/value-paints-prices-in-nigeria/

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

I think when we get to cctv and electric fence. Have you used anything like Sensibo?
no sir but i have read about it., smart control for ac and all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Temi1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2021
Good day pros in the house. I'm at the roofing stage. Please help me review this roof plan and quotation given by my engineer:

2by2 - 100 pieces
2by3 - 130 pieces
2by4 - 280 pieces
3by4 - 10 pieces
3” nail - 2 bags
4” nail - 2 bags
Oja igba
Labour(150k)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
Thanks Sir
n3xt:

Good one.

Please don’t forget to engage an independent investigator to ascertain the integrity of the structure because your finished floor in the area where 10 inches slab was added might end up getting to almost 20 inches.

Old slab - 6 inches
New slab - 10 inches
Floor screed (prior to tiling) - 2 inches
Tiles - 0.5 inch

You need to be sure your columns can support the imposed load or there’ll be need for supplemental columns.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2021
I would like to thank everyone who mediated in the issues experienced this past week.. Since a resolution has been reached.. I would like to appeal everyone who quoted me or any of my posts to pls delete them.. So as to restore ogas name..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2021
BiigTee:
I would like to thank everyone who mediated in the issues experienced this past week.. Since a resolution has been reached.. I would like to appeal everyone who quoted me or any of my posts to pls delete them.. So as to restore ogas name..

Please get that structure inspected before you continue your build.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2021
BuildingProject:
Clement/Next. WOODWORK. 100% Completed.

Mountmorah. ROOFING. 100% Completed.

Michlins. TANK STAND. 100% Completed.

Money121. RAIN GUTTERS. 100% Completed.

RockOfAgesAlumi. ALUMINUM PROFILE /HAND RAILS. 90% Completed.

Hamtabfawaz. POP INSTALLATION. LOADING...........

Who else remain. Fonyeri.
Good evening sir thanks for the comment sir God will announce your greatness in Jesus name I realy appreciate sir
Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2021
BiigTee:

I HOPE YOU DIDN'T DELETE YOUR COMPLAIN?
It is a bad way to do things
If people complain are deleted
I understand the issue is resolved
There was a valid issue and he took care of it
Ok
If your complain wasn't valid there will be a good reason to delete all posting

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Please get that structure inspected before you continue your build.

Good luck.

The problem is getting the right person to do the inspection as he may still fall into the hands of one inexperienced "professional" who will go there and tell him that the thickness of the slab should be increased again to make the work "professional"

Of course we know that another "professional" cannot go there and fail to fault the work even if it's ok just to appear more "professional" than the first two "professionals"

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:06pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hatesin:

The problem is getting the right person to do the inspection as he may still fall into the hands of one inexperienced "professional" who will go there and tell him that the thickness of the slab should be increased again to make the work "professional"

Of course we know that another "professional" cannot go there and fail to fault the work even if it's ok just to appear more "professional" than the first two "professionals"

Shey we’re not in trouble like this in Nigeria? Because you’re on to something.

I’ll trust AbdulWastecx though,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

Check us out for:
Doors, wardrobes and kitchen cabinets....08063073913

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hatesin:

This is a dilemma @Bigtee will suffer. It is a vicious circle. 99% of any Nigerian engineer that enters that site will find something to do "better". It might just be a case of good money chasing after bad.

I think before @Bigtee deleted his many posts, there was somewhere he said that the correcting engineer introduce a Rolling Steel Joist (RSJ) steel beam underneath the decking and with a corresponding photo as well. I think the RSJ steel beam should compensate for the extra load. With the introduction of the RSJ steel beam, gave me some confidence the correcting engineer probably know what they are doing.

Regarding load management for the upper floor, I will use 6" or even 5" hollow blocks. But then, I'm not a structural engineer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2021
diordaves:

The CBN has always said that CBN sells at N300/$ or so. Now the CBN had officially devalued finally above N400/$ so expect the BDC to hit above N500/$ shortly.
CBN is the gr8est enemy of Nigeria. They careless about businessmen and women doing businesses in Nigeria. Attract them with loan packages at the end frustrate their profit margin.

CBN is weapon of mass destruction.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
Yes

1. True to ur words.. The engineer working there introduced 2 new columns directly beneath the dining which is the most affected area..
2. The whole decking wasn't recast upto 10" thickness.. Only certain portions were to correct the sloping and level up the decking. The thickness of the recasting varied from 3-10 inches.
EgunMogaji2:

Shey we’re not in trouble like this in Nigeria? Because you’re on to something.

I’ll trust AbdulWastecx though,

[
n3xt:

Go and be Julius Berger.

I’m in a niche business and I understand what works for me. Not what work for Julius Berger.

In 2015, I wrote and I’d quote again for those who are slow readers:

There are more than one way to skin a cat.
quote author=diordaves post=102758844]

This is a dilemma @Bigtee will suffer. It is a vicious circle. 99% of any Nigerian engineer that enters that site will find something to do "better". It might just be a case of good money chasing after bad.

I think before @Bigtee deleted his many posts, there was somewhere he said that the correcting engineer introduce a Rolling Steel Joist (RSJ) steel beam underneath the decking and with a corresponding photo as well. I think the RSJ steel beam should compensate for the extra load. With the introduction of the RSJ steel beam, gave me some confidence the correcting engineer probably know what they are doing.

Regarding load management for the upper floor, I will use 6" or even 5" hollow blocks. But then, I'm not a structural engineer.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fonyeri(m): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2021
I'm deeply honoured Sir, we promise to exceed your expectations.
BuildingProject:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2021
BiigTee:
Yes

1. True to ur words.. The engineer working there introduced 2 new columns directly beneath the dining which is the most affected area..
2. The whole decking wasn't recast upto 10" thickness.. Only certain portions were to correct the sloping and level up the decking. The thickness of the recasting varied from 3-10 inches.

I'm of the view they know what they are doing. By introducing the RSJ demonstrate they recognise the implication of the extra load on the decking. To me, this is reassuring.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2021
Chekitaut:
CBN is the gr8est enemy of Nigeria. They careless about businessmen and women doing businesses in Nigeria. Attract them with loan packages at the end frustrate their profit margin.

CBN is weapon of mass destruction.

Buhari came to power when the dollar was about 190/N. Today it is just under 600/N. The problem with the president is his inability to appoint the right people. Too many Ministers are out of their dept. The CBN Governor is just rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 7:43pm On Jun 15, 2021
Good evening House, pls which would you advise...
Elevated dining room or dining room same level with the sitting room...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2021
diordaves:

Buhari came to power when the dollar was about 190/N. Today it is just under 600/N. The problem with the president is his inability to appoint the right people. Too many Ministers are out of their dept. The CBN Governor is just rubbish.
Exactly sir. Same with the finance minister.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2021
Is there a foundation for the introduced column or it's siting on your German floor?

BiigTee:
Yes

[quote author=diordaves post=102758844]

Regarding load management for the upper floor, I will use 6" or even 5" hollow blocks. But then, I'm not a structural engineer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
gbadexy:

Exactly sir. Same with the finance minister.

With oil above $50 and with restriction of $100 per an account holder, there's no reason why importers/manufacturers should be starved of FX. And there's no excuse for inability to maintain a stable exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 8:01pm On Jun 15, 2021
bobkezel:
Good evening House, pls which would you advise...
Elevated dining room or dining room same level with the sitting room...

Depends on individual choices. Some prefer elevated dining. Personally, I prefer a level ground all over the house so long as the topography of the compound permits.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
Sitting on the German floor
Naijapal:
Is there a foundation for the introduced column or it's siting on your German floor?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeConCiencE: 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2021
BiigTee:
Sitting on the German floor

What is the implication of this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
Naijapal:

With oil above $50 and with restriction of $100 per an account holder, there's no reason why importers/manufacturers should be starved of FX. And there's no excuse for inability to maintain a stable exchange rate.
I think the forex is the exclusive preserve of some special set of people.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by arixona: 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2021
arixona:

More
more,grace your home with any of these

2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by arixona: 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2021
Make your sitting Room look like a palace, I will love to get hotel contact one day

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by arixona: 9:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

Check post on top this comment for samples of cabinet and wardrobe,you'll love them
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
Better you right your wrong now before I start with details here and every other places (online &offline) which I have been trying to avoid. I still give you till tomorrow else?
NOTE: Mediators (Egunmogaji, N3xt etc) in the house please talk to Chekitaut before I start the matter from here, he understands the matter. Thanks

Chekitaut:
30tons Sharp Sand
Lagos, Nigeria.
@₦120,000(Odo Ogun)
@₦110,000(Lagos Sand)
Lekki Ajah @₦90,000

30tons Granite
Lagos, Nigeria
@₦230,000

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2263) (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) (2269) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: n9jaboy, RockOfAgesAlumi(m), PrinceLat(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.