Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4376454 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 6:26am On Jun 21, 2021
hslbroker2:

Happy new week everyone
I sell hardwood

2x2@N400

2x3@N500

2x4@N600

3x4@N1, 000

2x6@N1, 200

1x12@N2, 000

Call 0-7-0-6-2-3-2-9-5-0-5 or WhatsApp for more

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:44am On Jun 21, 2021
Good morning

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:20am On Jun 21, 2021
I sat and i thought of a lot of things, building materials are unnecessarily high now,

Is it possible for a crash to happen? Crash as in the price of these things to come down suddenly,

2)what will happen to those who built houses with the expensive building materials once the prices crash?

Someone adviced builders to chill till the end of the year that price of items will come down back.

What’s your thought?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 7:32am On Jun 21, 2021
I have sent him a message since yesterday but no response yet from him. Meanwhile please can you share some pix of the job he did for you. Thanks

Focusmind:

His charge was for everything, including the screeding of the fascia and soffit
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 7:34am On Jun 21, 2021
Born2conquer:
I sat and i thought of a lot of things, building materials are unnecessarily high now,

Is it possible for a crash to happen? Crash as in the price of these things to come down suddenly,

2)what will happen to those who built houses with the expensive building materials once the prices crash?

Someone adviced builders to chill till the end of the year that price of items will come down back.

What’s your thought?

We are in Nigeria, if you wait for price to come down na OYO oooo

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 21, 2021
spyder880:

My brother, the thing shocked me. Inflation is punching this country below the belt.

i guess its mostly people who live outside Nigeria are able to do things and not feel it extensively unlike Nigerians living in Nigeria. i probably would have just paused this project out of anger. this is crazy.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:53am On Jun 21, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

i guess its mostly people who live outside Nigeria are able to do things and not feel it extensively unlike Nigerians living in Nigeria. i probably would have just paused this project out of anger. this is crazy.

I dont know how they do it but Locally based people are building houses in Nigeria! That's the one that keeps me wondering. In the midst of all the hardship and all the economic upheavals, my neighbour just started a new 8 flats of 3 bedrooms, and he has been living in Nigeria all his life.grin

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:59am On Jun 21, 2021
spyder880:

I dont know how they do it but Locally based people are building houses in Nigeria! That's the one that keeps me wondering. In the midst of all the hardship and all the economic upheavals, my neighbour just started a new 8 flats of 3 bedrooms, and he has been living in Nigeria all his life.grin

Lol ���.. a neighbour based in Nigeria is building and terrace which is at roofing stage within 3 months,also building 8 flats in Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2021
Born2conquer:

What’s your thought?

I always use one strategy in property investment, and it's to KEEP BUILDING, as long as you have the money at hand, keep building.

Build through the high prices, build through the low prices and even though the average prices, in the end, you will achieve a cost lower than what you will spend if you had waited. Delay is dangerous in Nigeria.

The way the economy of this country is going, there might never be a substantial crash of prices of goods or services because of the type of economy we run.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:00am On Jun 21, 2021
Jasobry:

Lol ���.. a neighbour based in Nigeria is building and terrace which is at roofing stage within 3 months,also building 8 flats in Onitsha.

That's what surprises me in this country.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:00am On Jun 21, 2021
Cement now 2900
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2021
Jasobry:
Cement now 2900

How? where? when? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 8:21am On Jun 21, 2021
spyder880:

We just completed this decking in Asaba this month.
Price tag: N4,052,953.00

https://www.nairaland.com/6409026/making-asaba-block-6-flats/4

Nice one sir

What spacing did you use for the 12mm rod decking reinforcement (Longitudinal and transverse)

It looks like 200mm (8 inches) from the pics posted though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 8:22am On Jun 21, 2021
Good morning Sir/ma from Perfect Touch Aluminium.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:26am On Jun 21, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

Trust me we feel it too.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:29am On Jun 21, 2021
spyder880:

That's what surprises me in this country.

You need to come to Lekki sir..it’s every day thing. People are building and building to taste o…

The attached image was completed a while ago.. it’s a service apartment 40k per day

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Trust me we feel it too.
I would want to believe you have been around for a while in NIgeria, The feeling for diaspora-ns is more of anger, shock and feeling of hurting someone rather than affordability. Atleast this is how it is at this side, I am not sure of yours.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 21, 2021
spyder880:

where them dey see this money grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:04am On Jun 21, 2021
Inception:

How? where? when? grin

East of the Niger
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2021
Jasobry:

East of the Niger

This is good news
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:16am On Jun 21, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

I would want to believe you have been around for a while in NIgeria, The feeling for diaspora-ns is more of anger, shock and feeling of hurting someone rather than affordability. Atleast this is how it is at this side, I am not sure of yours.

Well, I’ve been on the ground full time for over two years but majority of my income comes from the USA. So I’m on the same level as those building from there.

I get lots of “please help me validate the price of granite, cement, etc” almost daily from those abroad.

We’re all feeling it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:30am On Jun 21, 2021
Even if the price crash again it won't come down to initial price, this is Nigeria
Born2conquer:

What’s your thought?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2021
Lol, tell him to cut soap for you grin
Jasobry:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 9:36am On Jun 21, 2021
Jasobry:
Cement now 2900

Pls how true is this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:36am On Jun 21, 2021
A country that doesn't have regulation...

Early this year there is a little increase in price of the materials I deal with, a customer said he will wait till April, by April the price increase 3x the first increment!
spyder880:

I always use one strategy in property investment, and it's to KEEP BUILDING, as long as you have the money at hand, keep building.

Build through the high prices, build through the low prices and even though the average prices, in the end, you will achieve a cost lower than what you will spend if you had waited. Delay is dangerous in Nigeria.

The way the economy of this country is going, there might never be a substantial crash of prices of goods or services because of the type of economy we run.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 11:16am On Jun 21, 2021
Focusmind:

Dominionng is the known expert in that space. He did mine and the outcome was good. He will give you option of either using wood or iron grid to hold the board to the roof. I opted for the iron grid, though more expensive, 3X the cost of using wood but the durability is assured against ferocious weather elements.

Gratitude sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2021
kiekie1:
DURABLE AGM BATTERIES NOW AVAILABLE!

USA Deka solar 12v 210ah ... 220,000

Ben AGM battery 12v 200ah ... 120,000

Ben AGM battery 12v 225ah .... 130,000

Ben lead carbon battery 12v 200ah .... 160,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Get yours now ...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N17,000
12v 150a.......N12,500
12v 100a.......N8,500
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
Good afternoon!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kblyte28: 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2021
want to begin piping of a 4 bedroom bungalow and in need of a wholesale price for the following items in lagos:

3X3 Box 6 packs
3x6 Box 5 packs
Distribution Board (D6) 1pc single phase
Distribution Board (D4) 1pc single phase
20mm Coupler 1packs
Uway Box 1 pack
2 inches pipe and angle
Male Bush 1pack
20mm Pipe 5bundles
If your price is friendly
Kindly chat me up on WhatsApp .07061136436.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m), ChybuzzDD(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.