Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,349 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368157 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2021
n3xt:

From East to West is now cheaper than West to West.

#InsideLife

ABS is 5k here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:
Thanks a lot my brother, appreciate all the help bro

Glad I could be of help. Don’t sleep on it.

Fire on sir grin

There’s no time to look time.

_______

Tell your man to get his iron rods as quick as possible. Every other thing won’t be an issue for you in IB.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
Enyinne:
Do u know if having sunbreaker on the roof . I mean the white small triangle thing at the tip of the roof . Does it help me air flow . I actually prefer plain design roofing but engineer is saying add the sunbreaker . What's ur take

It's called air vent, that's if you use GMP materials in doing it and letting space for airflow in and out of the building.
Basically it allows airflow if it's situated on the roofing part that stands in the direction of wind. But basically most Nigerian builds are not built putting such into consideration and it turns out to be for aesthetic rather than it's functional purpose.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2021
Jasobry:

ABS is 5k here

How much marine board over there?

________

Pic 1 - 7,500
Pic 2 - 5,000
Pic 3 - 4,000

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:
Guys egbami o. My contractor just gave me a bill of 4.8m for the foundation stage of a 4 bedroom duplex here in Ibadan. Just foundation stage alone. Does this make sense guys? Is this how expensive things have really become ni? Omo I shock no be small

Oga , give me N3.5m and I will do it for you.
I have an ongoing project in Ibadan almost at finishing stage.
You can contact me via calls/WhatsApp: 2347035596641
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
Hello. You should have attached the architectural and structural drawings along with the contractor's quote for perusal. That would have formed the basis of the opinions here.

For many saying the quotation is too much without having a glimpse of the said quotation and drawings is tantamount to groping in darkness for one's way.

The construction cost of a project is the total cost of achieving the designs which include cost of materials, labour, equipment or tools, overheads, profit and equally important preliminaries.

Preliminaries on site include but not limited to the following:
1) Temporary storage on site
2) Worker's shed
3) Temporary fencing or hoarding
4) Provision of water either digging of borehole or supply to site.
5) Storage of water
6) Scaffolding
7) Propping (like bamboos or steel shutters)
cool Access to site
9) Security (in some cases)
9) Safety of workers
10) Site offices and conveniences

And a host of others.

Pricing construction works without pricing the preliminaries is calling for trouble at a later stage of the project.

Folorunsho15:
Guys egbami o. My contractor just gave me a bill of 4.8m for the foundation stage of a 4 bedroom duplex here in Ibadan. Just foundation stage alone. Does this make sense guys? Is this how expensive things have really become ni? Omo I shock no be small

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2021
I'll advise you to appoint a Quantity Surveyor for this scale of project you're embarking on. Let him or her be your financial and contract adviser.

You will be glad you did.

Folorunsho15:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2021
Okay sir I'll tell him just that. Appreciate your help my man
n3xt:

Glad I could be of help. Don’t sleep on it.

Fire on sir grin

There’s no time to look time.

_______

Tell your man to get his iron rods as quick as possible. Every other thing won’t be an issue for you in IB.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2021
Yeah it was the QS of the coy that came up with that but yeah you have valid points and I'll take those onboard. Thank you my man, I appreciate your opinion
QSFemi:
I'll advise you to appoint a Quantity Surveyor for this scale of project you're embarking on. Let him or her be your financial and contract adviser.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2021
Thanks for the offer man, the estate coy won't allow that ni
segzy14:

Oga , give me N3.5m and I will do it for you.
I have an ongoing project in Ibadan almost at finishing stage.
You can contact me via calls/WhatsApp: 2347035596641
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:

What is the size of the duplex in SQM? That will guide us to know whether he is right about his quote or not(rip you off)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
Is the QS working for the contractor or working for you independently?

Folorunsho15:
Yeah it was the QS of the coy that came up with that but yeah you have valid points and I'll take those onboard. Thank you my man, I appreciate your opinion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2021
QSFemi:
Hello. You should have attached the architectural and structural drawings along with the contractor's quote for perusal. That would have formed the basis of the opinions here.

For many saying the quotation is too much without having a glimpse of the said quotation and drawings is tantamount to groping in darkness for one's way.

The construction cost of a project is the total cost of achieving the designs which include cost of materials, labour, equipment or tools, overheads, profit and equally important preliminaries.

Preliminaries on site include but not limited to the following:
1) Temporary storage on site
2) Worker's shed
3) Temporary fencing or hoarding
4) Provision of water either digging of borehole or supply to site.
5) Storage of water
6) Scaffolding
7) Propping (like bamboos or steel shutters)
cool Access to site
9) Security (in some cases)
9) Safety of workers
10) Site offices and conveniences

And a host of others.

Pricing construction works without pricing the preliminaries is calling for trouble at a later stage of the project.

You’re spot on.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jedisco(m): 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
tomjia:
We are Chinese factory to do MDF , chipboard , plywood and melamine boards .
Please contact me if any interesting .

What's the price of 3/4 mdf?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
*LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE-Latest Development in Abraham Adesanya*

Lekki Pride is an estate that offers apartments tailored to meet your highest standards, with excellently designed luxury homes, that bring comfort, luxury, and appreciation over time.

Lekki Pride is strategically located at Ajiwe Bus Stop, by Abraham Adesanya Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway.

Lekki Pride comprises of tastefully finished:

1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Apartments

2 and 3 Bedroom Terraces +BQ

3 and 4 Bedroom Semi-detached + BQ

NEAREST LANDMARKS LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE shares proximity with;
Ajiwe Police Station, Agofure Motor Park, and Abraham Adesanya Roundabout.

*TITLE*
Certificate of Occupancy (C of O)

*LOCATION*
LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE is situated at Ajiwe Bus Stop, by Abraham Adesanya Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway.

*INTRODUCTORY SELLING PRICE*
*1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Apartment*
1 Bedroom Apartment - ₦22,000,000

2 Bedroom Apartment - ₦28,000,000

3 Bedroom Apartment

*Initial Deposit-*

*One Bedroom Maisonette*
- ₦28,000,000

*Initial Deposit-* ₦3,000,000

*TERRACES*
�2 Bedroom Terrace +BQ - ₦38,000,000

�3 Bedroom Terrace +BQ - ₦42,000,000

*Initial Deposit* - ₦5,000,000

*SEMI-DETACHED Duplexes*
�3 Bedroom Semi-Detached duplex + BQ - ₦50,000,000

�4 Bedroom Semi-Detached duplex + BQ - ₦65,000,000

*Initial Deposit* - ₦5,000,000

*PAYMENT PLAN*
Available on all building type.

*FEATURES*
• 24-hours Power Supply
• Electric Fencing
• Security Gatehouse
• Management Office Building
• Cinema House
• Recreational Centre
• Solar Powered Streetlights
• CCTV Surveillance Cameras
• Estate Gym
• Smart Home Features and so much more!

*LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE,* where luxury meets convenience.

For inquiries and inspection bookings, please call/WhatsApp 2348038781738

See the YouTube video below, pls subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more video updates. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pLUWGwz6Zw
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2021
n3xt:

________

Pic 1 - 7,500
Pic 2 - 5,000
Pic 3 - 4,000

Pic 1 is 5k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2021
Jasobry:

Pic 1 is 5k

Good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
RavagedHeart:
Please, gentlemen in the house. I want to set up a small twin building. I made the design myself.
Now I want some breakdown on how much it would cost to finish this building.
I'd appreciate the quote to be in stages. (like: foundation, decking, block work, etc.)
...and again if there's any fault in my design (as I'm not an architect grin)

First image is the ground floor and the second is the first floor.

@n3xt
grin grin grin
What's this?
This isn't communicating at all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2021
QSFemi:

Supported
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RavagedHeart: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2021
uncleteeh:

grin grin grin
What's this?
This isn't communicating at all.
I don't understand grin grin
What's missing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2021
RavagedHeart:
Please, gentlemen in the house. I want to set up a small twin building. I made the design myself.
Now I want some breakdown on how much it would cost to finish this building.
I'd appreciate the quote to be in stages. (like: foundation, decking, block work, etc.)
...and again if there's any fault in my design (as I'm not an architect grin)

First image is the ground floor and the second is the first floor.

@n3xt

@uncleteeh, see the bolded.

Nice try @ravagedheart

I love clients who do what you’re doing. They make the job easier.

Now, let’s make it easier for everyone else. Come up with a brief of what you’re looking for so that the pros in the house can help you out.

I agree you’re not an architect. You’re a bad architect grin grin

Uncleteeh can help you with a very good and detailed drawing.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2021
Inception:

What is the size of the duplex in SQM? That will guide us to know whether he is right about his quote or not(rip you off)

AREA OF SITE--------------------540 Sqm.
AREA OF BUILDING ------------201.70Sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
n3xt:

________

Pic 1 - 7,500
Pic 2 - 5,000
Pic 3 - 4,000

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
Jasobry:

Issokay!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ok thanks
bixton:

It's called air vent, that's if you use GMP materials in doing it and letting space for airflow in and out of the building.
Basically it allows airflow if it's situated on the roofing part that stands in the direction of wind. But basically most Nigerian builds are not built putting such into consideration and it turns out to be for aesthetic rather than it's functional purpose.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:
Thanks for the offer man, the estate coy won't allow that ni
This is why these questions should be asked b4 contract is signed with these so called estates
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
erico2k2:

This is why these questions should be asked b4 contract is signed with these so called estates

I did my man and I already know that. They only allow their contractors to work on their estate. They don't allow outsiders
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:

I did my man and I already know that. They only allow their contractors to work on their estate. They don't allow outsiders

If you Knew all these....what kind of help would you get here...would the prices be further negotiated or you are just going to roll with it...

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:

I know I seen same in PHC, my hand nor dey that kind matter

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
dongc:

If you Knew all these....what kind of help would you get here...would the prices be further negotiated or you are just going to roll with it...

Of course the price will be negotiated and that's why I needed help from professionals here which I'm getting massively to help me in my negotiation with them so it's all good my brother

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:

Of course the price will be negotiated and that's why I needed help from professionals here which I'm getting massively to help me in my negotiation with them so it's all good my brother

All the best with your project...cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10, diordaves(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.