Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369291 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:19am On Jul 12, 2021
bolu1986:

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/9#103362708

Either you buy materials or you give it out with materials inclusive… the trick is make sure they don’t over quote measurement for yu

Charges are per sqm

Been to a place where previous installer measure 450 and I end up measuring 330sqm you can imagine the huge difference

I’ll measure also.

What’s the price per sqm?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 7:28am On Jul 12, 2021
WhatsApp 08163862804
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 7:56am On Jul 12, 2021
chidi4eze:

Please can you deliver in Port Harcourt?
Here are the quantities;
Casement+nets+ burglary Proof.
#1500×1200
# 6pcs 1200×1200
# 9pcs 900×1400
# 5pcs 600×700
# sliding 650×700

Please, state your price for everything.
Good morning boss
Please can will talk on whatsApp for proper quotation
Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 8:00am On Jul 12, 2021
Good morning everyone

Will 500k be enough to set a lintel for a 3bedroom flat and 2room self contain apartment? Both the cost of rod and wood inclusive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:05am On Jul 12, 2021
Folorunsho15:

Like my Oga n3xt said, it's about negotiation, I told the builder my budget and we both made compromises and agreed on a price fair for both parties. They do have listening ears and it's not as if they want to stuffs impossible or complicated for you. It's an open secret that things have become expensive so one needs to factor that in as well so it's about understanding from both parties

Good to know you are happy. That's all that matters. Good luck with your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 8:23am On Jul 12, 2021
diordaves:

Good to know you are happy. That's all that matters. Good luck with your project.

Thanks brotherly
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 8:23am On Jul 12, 2021
n3xt:

Glad to be of help cool

Meanwhile, you can follow me and other great professionals who can help you get a clear idea of your priorities from the outset for a successful result on kobocity.com

At kobocity, we help you understand how to negotiate and set a realistic budget before you start your project to avoid costs from spiralling.

You guys share kobo and naira on the group? cool

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:35am On Jul 12, 2021
Folorunsho15:

You guys share kobo and naira on the group? cool

grin grin

We share more than naira and kobo on the platform. Kobocitizens no dey get wahala because we simplify complexities and deliver possibilities. grin

kobocity:
Design Review Services

Get reassurance that you’re on the right track with your home design so that you can move forward with your project with confidence.

Turn your good design into a GREAT design that you absolutely love with a design review by experienced building consultants and architects on kobocity.com

_____
What our satisfied clients are saying?

If only I had met you at the beginning, the headache and money spent will have been saved. - nannymcphee

Hi Bros, thanks for the comments on my house design. Please how can I contribute my quota to this great forum? - GG2002

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:45am On Jul 12, 2021
Nosa111:
Good morning everyone

Will 500k be enough to set a lintel for a 3bedroom flat and 2room self contain apartment? Both the cost of rod and wood inclusive.

It should be enough.

Just tell the engineer/carpenter to buy 30 planks and transfer after use to other areas to be covered. The job should be completed within a week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 8:51am On Jul 12, 2021
Ok boss. Thank you for this
n3xt:

It should be enough.

Just tell the engineer/carpenter to buy 30 planks and transfer after use to other areas to be covered. The job should be completed within a week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 9:05am On Jul 12, 2021
The system is called Bio Digester Toilet. It's an improved technology in the treatment and management of human waste and wastewater. This system effectively takes away all challenges that are associated with the conventional form of waste management.

Once you have it in place,

✔you no longer call trucks to come evacuate human waste,

✔it doesn't smell

✔it doesn't attract flies or crokroaches,

✔just a small space is needed for it,

✔it's eco-friendly

✔and doesn't contaminate the groundwater.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2021
Let me say this, they take a long time before they allocate
Also takes time with series of rules before you are allowed to build.
They also try to frustrate you building independently which is almost impossible (Heard its now impossible)

Let me stop there. The reputation on paper is kind of different from when you become committed financially. (Not that they are bad but their unwritten/hidden conditions eh).
Similar to what Gracias and Revolutionplus do. (I have a land with Gracias that is yet to be allocated more than 6 months since I got it).

Lastly, where did you see me compare?

n3xt:

Better soup, na money kill am.

Trust me sir.

Adron’s reputation precedes them. I’ve been in this game for a while and I can tell you Adron is kinda different from the rest of the pack.

As a matter of fact, Adron is one the best in the affordable housing market. I’m not talking about those estates with big billboards and nothing (I really mean nothing) to show for it!

Infrastructure development is what makes estates thick and they’re doing great in that area. So I don’t see any basis to compare Apple with agbalumo grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:05am On Jul 12, 2021
somehow:
Let me say this, they take a long time before the allocate
Also takes time with series of rules before you are allowed to build.
They also try to frustrate you building independently.

Let me stop there. The reputation on paper is kind of different from when you become committed financially.

Is it up to one year?

I worked on a project in 2014. A plot of land was sold N45m inside the estate. Getting planning permission took almost 2 years but it is one of the most secured estate in Lagos today with zero report of structural failure or security breach.

To give you an hint sir, the project was designed by one of the best contemporary architects in Africa (in the class of David Adjaye) but since it did not meet the estate standards, we just had to comply or take the project to another estate where anything is allowed.

At a point my client almost gave up on the build but we pressed on until every requirements are completely satisfied and we got the approval to move to site.

That an estate allocate instantly and do client's bidding every time they complain doesn't make them reputable. Even to put tenants in your own house that you use your own money to build in this estate is harder than taking up a job in most companies in Lagos. The tenants must submit their CVs and you as the landlord can't take a dime until the estate has interviewed and cleared the potential tenant.

That's standard!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:37am On Jul 12, 2021
[quote author=Dijita post=103618612][/quote]
I can give you the same quality for far much less except for the stucco paint.
The price of those brands are around that price. You can easily confirm the prices from their website.
Even better still, we can give you perfect smooth finish like you aren't used to here with latex paint spraying machine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2021
Double post.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:51am On Jul 12, 2021
Dijita:
Please guys kindly help me examine this quotation for the painting of my bungalow:
the painting is for:
---outside the house
---2 living rooms. the quote for one of the living room is different as we are using stucco effect painting
---4 bedrooms
---Dining room
---the hallway
---verandah

Just get an option quote from another painter. @gbadexy can do this.

The figure is just doing me one kind and I’m like “Did I spend this much to paint even a 5 bed duplex including fence?”

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2021
Dijita:
Please guys kindly help me examine this quotation for the painting of my bungalow:
the painting is for:
---outside the house
---2 living rooms. the quote for one of the living room is different as we are using stucco effect painting
---4 bedrooms
---Dining room
---the hallway
---verandah

Too expensive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zeberebe: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2021
Please Davodyguy and anyone here who can help me check a property I am about to pay for that's located along badagry axis. I want to know in alausa ikeja if its under government accusation or not.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:04am On Jul 12, 2021
130m depth

32m cement grouting

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:27am On Jul 12, 2021
n3xt:

Is it up to one year?

I worked on a project in 2014. A plot of land was sold N45m inside the estate. Getting planning permission took almost 2 years but it is one of the most secured estate in Lagos today with zero report of structural failure or security breach.

To give you an hint sir, the project was designed by one of the best contemporary architects in Africa (in the class of David Adjaye) but since it did not meet the estate standards, we just had to comply or take the project to another estate where anything is allowed.

At a point my client almost gave up on the build but we pressed on until every requirements are completely satisfied and we got the approval to move to site.

That an estate allocate instantly and do client's bidding every time they complain doesn't make them reputable. Even to put tenants in your own house that you use your own money to build in this estate is harder than taking up a job in most companies in Lagos. The tenants must submit their CVs and you as the landlord can't take a dime until the estate has interviewed and cleared the potential tenant.

That's standard!

That you have tens of rules limiting clients and having series of hidden charges does not make you more reputable than some of those who aren't doing same.

This is my personal experience with them for the past 1 to 2 years.

Their rules, delays, hidden charges etc aren't universal standard for the industry. So when people complain about some of their activities, they have a reason to.

I have shared my opinion based on my experience with them which is not up for debate.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:44am On Jul 12, 2021
n3xt:

It should be enough.

2 bedroom nko? Asking for a friend nio? wink wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2021
folmus:

2 bedroom nko? Asking for a friend nio? wink wink cheesy

2 bedroom that has brother and sister, right? grin grin

Same approach works.

Get few planks and tell the carpenter to do the job in phases. (eg. external beams and window lintels first; columns and balcony beams second; internal beams and doors last).

Why? You may want to ask.

The external walls/beams will use the most number of planks. You'd hardly require more than 5 - 7 planks to prepare your 9in lintel soffits. More of the planks will be used for the sides which can be removed 24 hours after casting to do other parts of the building.

Your columns and balcony/terrace beams should be done after you've completed all the external beams and window lintels because your internal beams and door lintels will require a lot of wood cutting which might render your wood useless when you want to do your frontyard/porch columns and arcs if there's any.

_______

As for iron rods, pls kindly tell your friend to try and get the best bargain as prices of iron rods aren't smiling now.

_______

Give out the concrete and the carpentry work as a contract (one-off payment). Don't try daily pay thing, you'd end up paying more than necessary and the job might extend more than you planned.

More on kobocity.com | 30 Ways to Save Money on Your Next Home Project

https://www.kobocity.com/d/224-30-ways-to-save-money-on-your-next-home-project

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RavagedHeart: 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2021
n3xt:

@uncleteeh, see the bolded.

Nice try @ravagedheart

I love clients who do what you’re doing. They make the job easier.

Now, let’s make it easier for everyone else. Come up with a brief of what you’re looking for so that the pros in the house can help you out.

I agree you’re not an architect. You’re a bad architect grin grin

Uncleteeh can help you with a very good and detailed drawing.

Okay, I see my drawing is lacking details. I'll redo it and include more details.
Thanks for the pointer.

@uncleteeh
Would you make me a drawing of a one storey, two bedroom, twin house. Preferably, shouldn't exceed 25ft by 50ft. Modern, low cost, and cross ventilated.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2021
n3xt:

2 bedroom that has brother and sister, right? grin grin

Same approach works.

Get few planks and tell the carpenter to do the job in phases. (eg. external beams and window lintels first; columns and balcony beams second; internal beams and doors last).

Why? You may want to ask.

The external walls/beams will use the most number of planks. You'd hardly require more than 5 - 7 planks to prepare your 9in lintel soffits. More of the planks will be used for the sides which can be removed 24 hours after casting to do other parts of the building.

Your columns and balcony/terrace beams should be done after you've completed all the external beams and window lintels because your internal beams and door lintels will require a lot of wood cutting which might render your wood useless when you want to do your frontyard/porch columns and arcs if there's any.

_______

As for iron rods, pls kindly tell your friend to try and get the best bargain as prices of iron rods aren't smiling now.

_______

Give out the concrete and the carpentry work as a contract (one-off payment). Don't try daily pay thing, you'd end up paying more than necessary and the job might extend more than you planned.

More on kobocity.com | 30 Ways to Save Money on Your Next Home Project

https://www.kobocity.com/d/224-30-ways-to-save-money-on-your-next-home-project

Sincerely, not the one you know with brother and sister.

This is strictly 2 bedroom only.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
folmus:

Sincerely, not the one you know with brother and sister.

This is strictly 2 bedroom only.

Ok. Same approach work.

It is universally accepted construction standard for kobocitizen self builders and those who want to do cool stuffs without blowing budget. grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2021
n3xt:

Ok. Same approach work.

It is universally accepted construction standard for kobocitizen self builders and those who want to do cool stuffs without blowing budget. grin grin

THanks grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
gbadexy:

I can give you the same quality for far much less except for the stucco paint.
The price of those brands are around that price. You can easily confirm the prices from their website.
Even better still, we can give you perfect smooth finish like you aren't used to here with latex paint spraying machine.

Oga mi, do I need to do screening or do you have paint good enough to not require screening?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Oga mi, do I need to do screening or do you have paint good enough to not require screening?

Thanks.
Not necessarily sir.
If the plastering is decent enough, I could give you an emulsion primer thick enough to smoothen the surface for high sheen paint.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2021
gbadexy:

Not necessarily sir.
If the plastering is decent enough, I could give you an emulsion primer thick enough to smoothen the surface for high sheen paint.

(I could ask you these questions on WhatsApp but I feel it's educative out here on the streets).

So will this save me money then?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2021
HOW TO GET THE QUANTITY OF PAINTS YOU NEED IN PAINTING YOUR BUILDING

Measure the length of all walls of the room, and add them together. Then measure the height of the room, and multiply the two measurements. For example, if the room is 4 metres wide, and 6 metres long the total measurement will be 20 metres. Multiply this by the height of the room, say 2.5 metres, 20 x 2.5 = 50 square metres. 2 coats will be required, so you will need enough paint to cover 100 square metres. REMEMBER- measure any windows or doors, to remove this from your measurement, which will reduce the amount of paint required.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

(I could ask you these questions on WhatsApp but I feel it's educative out here on the streets).

So will this save me money then?

Thanks.
Yes sir. Primer would give you 25 to 30sqm per drum at the cost of budget grade emulsion price.
Paint can't peel on it. Just imagine you applying paint on emulsion.
The primer is formulated with a high solid content than regular emulsion could have.
We used primers for internal and external of these projects.

https://www.nairaland.com/4577731/ongoing-painting-pictures-nairalanders-lekki

https://www.nairaland.com/5690061/before-after-painting-ibadan-project

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m), sekzy99(m), buzzetin(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.