Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4380665 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2021
sonnie10:

Imported furniture get grade but the good ones are out of reach. Locally made ones with quality materials are better.

Thank you very much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:07am On Jul 11, 2021
Happy sunday we are still here for your pop wall screeding and tv wall designs

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/11#103583760

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:21am On Jul 11, 2021
bolu1986:
Happy sunday we are still here for your pop wall screeding and tv wall designs

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/11#103583760

Your work is neat. Well done!

Always endeavour to put your rate per/sqm. You never can tell who might be interested.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:22am On Jul 11, 2021
Dijita:
Hello my good people.
I have seen some imported/ready made furniture showroom on nairaland but I am currently unable to locate any of the links.
Anyone with those link can reply with the link thanks

From Enugu, imported furniture.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:30am On Jul 11, 2021
Please guys kindly help me examine this quotation for the painting of my bungalow:
the painting is for:
---outside the house
---2 living rooms. the quote for one of the living room is different as we are using stucco effect painting
---4 bedrooms
---Dining room
---the hallway
---verandah

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:33am On Jul 11, 2021
spyder880:

From Enugu, imported furniture.

Thank you very much. I am far from Enugu but can you show your price to help me have idea of reasonable price when i visit showroom in Lagos.
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:44am On Jul 11, 2021
Dijita:

Thank you very much. I am far from Enugu but can you show your price to help me have idea of reasonable price when i visit showroom in Lagos.
Thanks

These prices might now be outdated as I took these pictures a long time ago while shopping for furniture for the "Owerri Royal Manor" I took the pictures on 17th July 2020.

I also noticed that they did some price slash then. These prices are not current at all.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 8:30am On Jul 11, 2021
Omo mehn I weak like this but the prices he's quoting are different. Blocks at 280, cement at 3800 and he wants to collect 625k as supervision and overhead. Bros can we talk on a personal make I show you the quotation he brought so you can guide me abeg. In this economy I don't have money to dash man and this is already way beyond my expectations.
sonnie10:

Depending on the soil type but a a dry stable land let just throw some figure around till German floor

2500 of 9” blocks at 230 = 575000
160 bag of cement at 3400 =544000
80 pieces of 16mm at 7200 =576000
100 piece of 12mm at 4400 = 440000
50 pieces of 8mm at 2200 = 110000
60 tons of stone clippings 260k x 2 = 520k
Sharp sand 200k
Filling sand 200k
Planks and other wood 200k
Binding wire 50k
Bag of nails 30k
Water 30k
Dig foundations 100k
Mason to Set 2400 block = 120000
Iron bender 50k
Carpenter 30k
Other labours 50k
Supervision 300k
Transportation of materials 50k
Total 4,175,000

Therefore, your contractor might be right to an extent.
By the time you start adding Dpc nylon, gee pee tank, clearing of site, storage for materials, material for settling the foundation etc its almost that amount.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2021
It's just on a plot o, 500sqm. I just weak as he send the bill. Like wtf, just for foundation alone fa
Wish2Die:

It is too much, you contractor must be a ripper, unless his buying a lot of building materials for other stages, but if it is just for foundation, it is too much, but that will also depend on the size of the building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:34am On Jul 11, 2021
BrabusNG:
Baba Kopell, this might interest you about Lagos - Calabar coastal road.

You can read more on blackerboardbuild.weebly.com
Obada oko properties will skyrocket

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 8:34am On Jul 11, 2021
Baba abeg make I contact you, seems this guy wants to rip me off here
n3xt:

I recently did N6m+ for foundation of a 5 bedroom (on 3 levels) to First Floor slab in Ibadan. N3.5m should do a foundation in Ibadan without compromises.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:
It's just on a plot o, 500sqm. I just weak as he send the bill. Like wtf, just for foundation alone fa
is too much kindly refuse it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 8:46am On Jul 11, 2021
Thanks boss, I appreciate it
Wish2Die:
is too much kindly refuse it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:
Omo mehn I weak like this but the prices he's quoting are different. Blocks at 280, cement at 3800 and he wants to collect 625k as supervision and overhead. Bros can we talk on a personal make I show you the quotation he brought so you can guide me abeg. In this economy I don't have money to dash man and this is already way beyond my expectations.
Buy the cements and blocks yourself
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bigwig02(m): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2021
Wish2Die:

Please don't do that you will regret it, termites will find a path through the tiles and attack wooden components of the building, precipitation and moisture will damage the Inside of your building, during raining season, the floors without concrete layers will be damp and thus affect the interior of the building, you beds and any other things in room in contact with the floor will end up being wet, and you will notice water going up your walls, wall paintings will be peeling off and the wall plasters will swell up. Because the the concrete layer should act as a damp proof course, and without that, dampness and moisture will make the house uncomfortable.

I suggest you do concrete floor but reduce the thickness to about 3 inches, with that you can save cost.

Thanks So Much... Sincere Appreciation for your enlighten!!!,God bless You

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 9:08am On Jul 11, 2021
spyder880:

These prices might now be outdated as I took these pictures a long time ago while shopping for furniture for the "Owerri Royal Manor" I took the pictures on 17th July 2020.

I also noticed that they did some price slash then. These prices are not current at all.
ok. thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 11, 2021
Bigwig02:

Thanks So Much... Sincere Appreciation for your enlighten!!!,God bless You
Uw....Amen!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:
Baba abeg make I contact you, seems this guy wants to rip me off here
Sir, pls do not just assume the guy wants to rip you off, you called him a contractor, not just a builder.
His class could be the issue.
Sir, there are lot of factors to consider before concluding a contractor wants to rip you off.
Good you are here sir, you will get the help needed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2021
n3xt:

Your work is neat. Well done!

Always endeavour to put your rate per/sqm. You never can tell who might be interested.

Thanks my oga pricing start from 5k per sqm but it’s also depend on volume and designs

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 10:11am On Jul 11, 2021
mobileboy:
thanks for the review I received here from the previous drawing I posted, this is an updated drawing, please help review

ground floor
My Observations.
1. The building setback isn't enough. You need space for site utilities like septic tank/soak away, parking, Tank stand.
2. The store attached to the kitchen isn't functional, do away with it.
3. Reduce the width of the kitchen from 3m to 2.4m, add the remainder to the dining so you can have a bigger dining of 2.4m width.
4. The master toilet on the first floor is a waste of space, it is too big.
5. The Lounge on the first floor isn't functional, the flow is poor. I wish you redesign the entire first floor since every other space there revolves around the lounge. Ventilation, furniture arrangement will be a challenge in the lounge.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 10:20am On Jul 11, 2021
Thank you my man, I'm getting the much needed help on this forum and I appreciate and yes he's a contractor for a big estate coy. I'm getting all the necessary tools though to try and beat down the price to a reasonable level
uncleteeh:

Sir, pls do not just assume the guy wants to rip you off, you called him a contractor, not just a builder.
His class could be the issue.
Sir, there are lot of factors to consider before concluding a contractor wants to rip you off.
Good you are here sir, you will get the help needed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:
Thank you my man, I'm getting the much needed help on this forum and I appreciate and yes he's a contractor for a big estate coy. I'm getting all the necessary tools though to try and beat down the price to a reasonable level

As in big contractor working for a big man inside a big estate... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2021
Sunday all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:31am On Jul 11, 2021
bolu1986:

Thanks my oga pricing start from 5k per sqm but it’s also depend on volume and designs

Thanks. Be like I wan play small.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RavagedHeart: 10:48am On Jul 11, 2021
Please, gentlemen in the house. I want to set up a small twin building. I made the design myself.
Now I want some breakdown on how much it would cost to finish this building.
I'd appreciate the quote to be in stages. (like: foundation, decking, block work, etc.)
...and again if there's any fault in my design (as I'm not an architect grin)

First image is the ground floor and the second is the first floor.

@n3xt

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 10:50am On Jul 11, 2021
The latter is not true sir grin grin
n3xt:
m

As in big contractor working for a big man inside a big estate... grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:51am On Jul 11, 2021
From one of NextHome Protégées | DesireHomes

Abia Remodel

_________

When I met this young guy by the riverside in Langbasa, Ajah Lagos holding an envelope containing some building plan and documents, I stopped him and asked him “Hey young man! How you’re doing? What do you do.... blah blah?”

He confidently replied “I’m a student and I do structural designs grin

The young chap, Tayo worked on almost every NextHome designs from 2014 till date - K024, Browne Mews, The Reserve, SquareOne, FaajiEko, Plot10AB, The Chateau in SilverPoint, Seascape Villa (Ecolodges), XL6 Trillion, The Nonuplets, NextHome20 - just to name a few.

Skyscrapers are emerging.

Watch out for exciting projects from these young professionals.

________

Beyond building construction, we build up young professionals. This is our own little way of adding value to our beloved country. ~ Brabus

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:53am On Jul 11, 2021
Folorunsho15:
The latter is not true sir grin grin

Make friend with him. Wishing you goodluck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 11:12am On Jul 11, 2021
DancingSkeleton:
where is your site location?

Ilorin.

Please how true, someone wants to brig abs from the east at a price of 4700
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2021
Muyi002:

Ilorin.

beware of re-bag

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2021
Muyi002:

Ilorin.

From East to West is now cheaper than West to West.

#InsideLife
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
Thanks a lot my brother, appreciate all the help bro
n3xt:

Make friend with him. Wishing you goodluck on your project.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: michlins(m), twinskenny(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.