Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4401269 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2021
topsy23:

Nice one but one observation, if the pipe is blocked and you need to use K-ROD to through the pipes.. hope it won't be a problem

The same way k-rod is fished through chambers, the same way it work here.

In fact it’s a lot more easier in chamberless system as the pipes aren’t deep down in the ground like we have in the chamber system.

Open the cap plug and fish. Simple.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
Am available on nairaland today to answer any questions about paints
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
sonnie10:

You are still in this matter. The owner got a 10% discount by using the strategy he got here from knowledgeable project managers.
He even came back to give thanks and testify.
Who wouldn’t? after knocking off like 500k from #4.8 that he was quoted.
Now with this #2.8m estimate you have, he would have gotten 2 foundations.

We need more enlightenment on matters like this for all.He is not just helping the poster but others who are in similar quagmire.

It guides us in making better and more informed decisions.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
n3xt:

The same way k-rod is fished through chambers, the same way it work here.

In fact it’s a lot more easier in chamberless system as the pipes aren’t deep down in the ground like we have in the chamber system.

Open the cap plug and fish. Simple.

If it didn't pose any problem passing the rods through Pic 1, I don't see how Pic 2 would be any issue.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
spyder880:

They nearly fought me in an open market last month or so, electrical cables, not easy now. grin
Story later.

Baba I’m waiting grin

I forgot that electrical cabling came before pop.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
KolaShangOne:

The quantity isn't much. You can use @twinskenny.

He'll supply to Ibadan.

Okay thanks. I thought we had a factory direct source on here? Like you order from him and pick up from factory?

I’ll ask Hajj.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Baba I’m waiting grin

I forgot that electrical cabling came before pop.

It was a drama filled day, the whole line gathered and accused me of cheating a dealer right in the market! It wasn't funny.

Me: I stood my ground and won on technicalities grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
Valuepaints20:
Am available on nairaland today to answer any questions about paints

Same question I asked Gbadesky, do I really need to do screening?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
n3xt:

Well I’m just speaking for me.

I appreciate this but ...

n3xt:

It’s not good enough for referrer to fold arms in circumstance like this and expecting the parties involved to sort their issues by themself or to we them to bring the issue to the public forum for debate.

The only reason I think Micgray100 felt safe to deal here is because someone stood surety for the contractor. And we do not need to mount pressure on matured adults all the time to solve minor issues.

I do not expect a recommender (not 'referrer' as you call it - which implies getting some benefit in the transaction) to stand surety.

If I highlight a service provider based on my honest lived experiences, it is your own risk to transact with that person and I cannot be involved in any resulting shennanigans.

If that becomes part of the equation, this thread loses something further and is well on the road to being a hollow shell of giant adverts for solar batteries.

Ahem, I'm speaking for me too. Good day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
jabolo:

I do not expect a recommender (not 'referrer' as you call it - which implies getting some benefit in the transaction) to stand surety.

If I highlight a service provider based on my honest lived experiences, it is your own risk to transact with that person and I cannot be involved in any resulting shennanigans.

If that becomes part of the equation, this thread loses something further and is well on the road to being a hollow shell of giant adverts for solar batteries.

You have a valid point!

Let me save this here for future reference. grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
spyder880:

It was a drama filled day, the whole line gathered and accused me of cheating a dealer right in the market! It wasn't funny.

Me: I stood my ground and won on technicalities grin

I trust you Sir.

You’re a senior coded hoodlum. You’ll outwit them with diplomacy grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Same question I asked Gbadesky, do I really need to do screening?

Thanks.

Screening your house is a choice some people just sandpaper and use high quality paints
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2021
KolaShangOne:

They're good.
thank you sir!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2021
jabolo:

Please also add you are speaking for me.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
KolaShangOne:
Bought cement for 3,900 in Abkt.

And 3800 in Ibadan.

I just feel it should be cheaper.

Need about 150bags by next week

Got 900 bags of 3x for 3500 at ib over the weekend
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hello guys, pls should I fix foreign internal doors before or after tiling?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
diordaves:

Please also add you are speaking for me.

Just as expected na.

Make hin go carry him cross grin

I’ve been here for a while so I know the traditions that’s why I asked him to talk to the borehole contractor and be prepared to make concession because the jesus he seek is no longer here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Okay thanks. I thought we had a factory direct source on here? Like you order from him and pick up from factory?

I’ll ask Hajj.
more expensive if you are from
The factory yourself sir, the usually encourage people to buy from accredited seller

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcAdebayo(m): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2021
fabulous85:
Hello guys, pls should I fix foreign internal doors before or after tiling?
Before tiling
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
From Kobocity Self Builder’s Lounge | Chronicle of Sir Tomaths’ Crib (100% Owner-Managed Build)

>> https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-builder/315

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’ll ask Hajj.

Yes. There is Allcopacetic, Topsy23, and Jaffos (Jaffos is not on NL, but my private cable guy). You can order, pay them because they are Agents and pickup from respective factory of Nigerchin (Ikeja) and Coleman (Mowe). This is done for authenticity , so as not to get fake cable.

Note: You get it cheaper from Agents than going directly to buy it at the factory. The Agents get more discounts.

Hajji M.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ggee(m): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
Help with Iron rods.
Please I understand that TMT is the best rod in Nigeria. The cost is too high at the moment, can someone advice on the next best iron rod? Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
mufutau55:

Yes. There is Allcopacetic, Topsy23, and Jaffos (Jaffos is not on NL, but my private cable guy). You can order, pay them because they are Agents and pickup from respective factory of Nigerchin (Ikeja) and Coleman (Mowe). This is done for authenticity , so as not to get fake cable.

Note: You get it cheaper from Agents than going directly to buy it at the factory. The Agents get more discounts.
Hajji M.

If HajjM says it, it must be true. I will work harder.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
michlins:
Let's handle your iron jobs. From standing tank, to burglaries, rails and anything else.

We deliver according to specifications and timeline
Boss. Abeg can we discuss about something?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
UC92:

Boss. Abeg can we discuss about something?
my contact information is available. You can hit me up

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adeoba10(m): 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
n3xt:

Sorry my bro for what you’re currently experiencing.

I won’t expect anything meaningful from here though because we’ve walked this route before many years ago and the highly respected and reputable members you seek had no meaningful contributions to make. It’s like they rejoice in downfall of some folks here.

Try reach out to the borehole contractor and see how you can resolve amicably. You may have to make some unplanned expenses though.
If he hasn’t moved the faulty machine, just hold on to it till everything is resolved. That’s the only thing you can use to hold him.

I was in similar situation in 2013 and all I got here was “He was a fraud despite the fact that all evidence proved contract was awarded to a ‘reputable’ sub-contractor.” I even engaged a team of geologist led by a Prof at Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo to conduct the survey. Yet, we got no water.

Who gets the blame now? Because that’s all we know how to do best here.

You?
Or the borehole contractor?
Or the highly respected nairalander who recommended the borehole Contractor?

Once again, sorry for the inconveniences this might have caused you.
_______

I already placed caveat on borehole drilling outside Lagos.
Please, Is it advisable to drill a borehole during rainy season?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir. And I am honored Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
micgray100:
House.. Please advice me on what to do.. I gave a bore hole contract of 350k to a borehole driller.. The borehole driller was recommended by one of a highly respected Nairalander on this property section..
The borehole driller also insisted on mobilization before he can come to site

300k was paid......The guy came to site and started he job. The guy was yet to drill 15 meters before I heard the machine have develop fault...

for more than a month now... it has been excuses and excuses..
And I respect this referal Nairalander a lot..

I had to convince the borehole guy to buy the pipes from the money with him... which was priced 173k...
Now I am left with the job hanging now..

What should I do?.. How can I resolve this issue without causing much arguments...

I am not a wahala person...

I resemble this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
twinskenny:

Lol

What you need to ask is the resolution of the cameras?
And why does he need baluns converter? Instead of bnc?

Many thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you Sir. And I am honored Sir.

Only for you. Contact me on Jafos number if needed.
Peace Out.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: folmus and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.