Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4423771 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) ... (3673) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 8:19am On Jul 14, 2021
dapotemi:
Pls house, have been reading about this bio-Digester soakaway... Pls what are the pros and cons? Would you recommend it against the conventional soakaway? I am yet to see any of you talk about it or even try it, or recommend it for your client. What do you all think about it? Can you recommend it? @next @Egunmogaji @spyder etc

Pros:-
No odour
No need for evacuation
Small space

The cons:-

Inorganic materials like nylon, pads and condoms shouldn't be flushed into the bio digester.

Bleach and detergent shouldn't be used to wash the WC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2021
gbadexy:

The screeding was poorly done, the wall most likely faces the window and has more regular exposure to light than other colors and intense colors have much higher sheen and reflection than lighter shades of the same product.

I won't contest this though but try run a google search on "red wall paint" and see what comes up. The same wall with a different paint looks great in other rooms except in areas where there are red whether with a screed or not.

I have a red accent kitchen but I toned it down with some nice tiles that you'd never feel like you're in a RED room. I'd only use red to accent a wall.

Do you mind showing me picture of a great all-red room? I want to learn.

________

Pic 1 - Boring Red Kitchen Wall
Pic 2 - Red Kitchenette, Chateau De Brabus, 2013

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:32am On Jul 14, 2021
MrOkenwa:
Please what’s the name of this fancy shed in the attached pictures?
what material is it made off?
At what stage is it installed in a build?

It is called pergola. It can be made of wood, aluminum, fiber, PVC, engineering plastic etc. It's usually not a structural membrane, just for aesthetic so can be installed during painting and decoration.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2021
Red as a colour does not perform very well whether indoor or outdoor.

It reveals imperfections.
It fades faster than any other colour in extreme conditions.
It only do well on 3D models and when you're using cladding instead of a paint.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 8:48am On Jul 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Topsy will get back to me this morning. AlCopacetic doesn’t sell cables anymore.

Thanks.

Do keep us informed of the latest prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 8:54am On Jul 14, 2021
Dijita:

Thank you very much sir. I am in Lagos. is your project in Lagos/SW?

Yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:25am On Jul 14, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:31am On Jul 14, 2021
Okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Any feedback on this company and products? Thanks.
buy cutic cables and relax. It's a public traded company so you can always check them out

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:35am On Jul 14, 2021
ceelog:

Okay...lemme ask you

Is there any thing like washable matte or satin paint?

I ask because it is said that silk reflects wall screed and it may show its mistakes.

Satin emulsion is washable and Matt emulsion too
Is washable paints the only difference between the two is that Matt is dull and satin is glossy.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 9:41am On Jul 14, 2021
Bakin3:

No odour
No need for evacuation
Small space

Inorganic materials like nylon, pads and condoms shouldn't be flushed into the bio digester.

Since I can't use bleach nor detergent, what then should I use?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2021
michlins:
buy cutic cables and relax. It's a public traded company so you can always check them out

Oga mi, not question I asked o cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:54am On Jul 14, 2021
n3xt:

I won't contest this though but try run a google search on "red wall paint" and see what comes up. The same wall with a different paint looks great in other rooms except in areas where there are red whether with a screed or not.

I have a red accent kitchen but I toned it down with some nice tiles that you'd never feel like you're in a RED room. I'd only use red to accent a wall.

Do you mind showing me picture of a great all-red room? I want to learn.

________

Pic 1 - Boring Red Kitchen Wall
Pic 2 - Red Kitchenette, Chateau De Brabus, 2013

Red is not a usual color for internal so I won't be able to get you much pictures.
The first picture is a shade of red satin inside.
The second picture is a close shade of red for external matte.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:20am On Jul 14, 2021
n3xt:
Red as a colour does not perform very well whether indoor or outdoor.

It reveals imperfections.
It fades faster than any other colour in extreme conditions.
It only do well on 3D models and when you're using cladding instead of a paint.
Chief, even the cladding color would fade later if it is bright shade.
Very bright colors are ideal for internal only as the colourants are synthesized and fades under sunlight.
Perhaps red is more notorious than other shades in reflecting background, we learn everyday. I will take special note.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2021
gbadexy:

Chief, even the cladding color would fade later if it is bright shade.
1 Very bright colors are ideal for internal only as the colourants are synthesized and fades under sunlight.
Perhaps red is more notorious than other shades in reflecting background, we learn everyday. I will take special note.

gbadexy:

2 Red is not a usual color for internal so I won't be able to get you much pictures.
The first picture is a shade of red satin inside.
The second picture is a close shade of red for external matte.

Thank for sharing sir. Points well noted.

So where exactly is RED good in a house?

If 1 it fades under sunlights and 2 is more notorious in reflecting background.

______

Before I share stuffs like this, I've done my research and findings I can tell you that shade of RED always bring drama when not used in right mix and proportion in a house.

Anyone with a great red house (from any part of the world) apart from Guru Marhaji village in Ibadan grin should please share with us.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:48am On Jul 14, 2021
While we were discussing red, I decided to go through some of my books on Buildings in US and Asia and I found this interest red-roof building in mexico

The gauge of Aluminum used for the roof is what particularly draw my attention . 0.5mm gauge or am I dreaming?

Is it the same 0.5mm gauge as we have it here?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
Bakin3:

No odour
No need for evacuation
Small space

Bio Digester has two major flaws which make it not ideal in certain situations:

#1. Bleach and detergent shouldn't be used to wash the WC. All major WC cleaning products contain bleach or detergents. Another product is baby wipes. Increasingly, families are using baby wipes as even substitutes for tissue paper. Baby wipes contain plastics which adversely affect the efficiency of Bio Digester. A number of Bio Digesters either fail as a result or need constant and sometimes expensive maintenance. Over time the cost efficiency will be lost.

#2. Bio Digesters are sceptic tanks. That is, for optimum efficiency ONLY toilet waste should go into Bio Digester and wastewater from bath and kitchen should go to public drains. In a situation where the site has no public drain (gutter) and wastewater is channelled into the Bio Digester, it will struggle to cope with intense usage from a commercial building of for example 4 - 6 flats design. If one has impermeable soil like red laterite, the Bio Digester will fail in no time.

So Bio Digester is only very efficient in very specific situations. You may want to educate us more on the above.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by frond: 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2021
michlins:
all of them are from China. My Igbo brothers just term it differently probably because of minor difference in price.

We all know that Germany isn't known for making doors and even if they do, expect their starting price to be above 500,000.

1,000 Euro fo door in Germany? No

It should not be more than 100 Euro. So 130,000 is still within the range

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
topsy23:

Nice one but one observation, if the pipe is blocked and you need to use K-ROD to through the pipes.. hope it won't be a problem

I was going to do Chamberless Plumbing Line but I was discourage
If the distance you are implementing chamberless is long or far you must create other access for
clean up or trouble shoot blockage
Hopefully some day there will be sneak not K-ROD
The issue for me was just like the open kitchen
Implementing any technology for me I have to look at the environment and ease of management
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
I work as the project service personnel at Gold Edge Industries Nigeria Limited makers of VALUE PAINTS, Value Plus Paints, Anfani Paints, Negro Capa Paints, Buffalo Paints and Patula Filler.

Our product range includes; Gloss, Emulsion, Textured, Matt Emulsion, Satin Silk Emulsion, Flex Emulsion, Vanish, Patula filler, Road Mark/ Floor Paints, Bright Aluminum, Red oxide Primer and POP Emulsion.

Note: Our Buffalo line of paints is similar in quality to the likes of Dulux, Meyer, President, Berger paints and at pocket friendly prices.

Contact us today for any of your paint purchase and painting jobs (individuals and corporate organisations) within Nigeria. We will supply at factory price nationwide with free delivery to most regions.

You can also use the service of our company painters to get accurate bill of quantity (free quotation) for paints required and we can do the painting works if desired.

Engineers, builders, painters, architects, contractors, procurement officers are welcomed for more detailed conversation. A trial will convince you as we establish a business relationship.

https://www.facebook.com/Buy-Paint-101778338743959/

Thank you.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2021
diordaves:

#1. Bleach and detergent shouldn't be used to wash the WC. All major WC cleaning products contain bleach or detergents. Another product is baby wipes. Increasingly, families are using baby wipes as even substitutes for tissue paper. Baby wipes contain plastics which adversely affect the efficiency of Bio Digester. A number of Bio Digesters either fail as a result or need constant and sometimes expensive maintenance. Over time the cost efficiency will be lost.

#2. Bio Digesters are sceptic tanks. That is, for optimum efficiency ONLY toilet waste should go into Bio Digester and wastewater from bath and kitchen should go to public drains. In a situation where the site has no public drain (gutter) and wastewater is channelled into the Bio Digester, it will struggle to cope with intense usage from a commercial building of for example 4 - 6 flats design. If one has impermeable soil like red laterite, the Bio Digester will fail in no time.

So Bio Digester is only very efficient in very specific situations. You may want to educate us more on the above.

I guess you're speaking for you. Well, there's no credible source to back up your claim so I'd take it as a beer parlour gist.

Please take good time to read up what credible research organizations (worldwide) have to say about biodigester and biogas solution and stop.... lipsrsealed

_____

You're talking ordinary 4-6 flats where a church that has over 1,000 members is using the solution. I don't know if the 4 flats you talk about has more occupants that the number of customers visiting GTBank Chevron, Lagos.

Not knowing is not a problem. Not knowing that you don't know is the actual issue here.

In Nigeria, there's always a problem for every solution. ~ Brabus

This is one of it!

______

Read up from credible source:

The Power of Dung Lessons Learned from On Farm Biodigester
https://documents1.worldbank.org/curated/en/468451557843529960/pdf/The-Power-of-Dung-Lessons-Learned-from-On-Farm-Biodigester-Programs-in-Africa.pdf

Bio-toilets - Sustainable Solution to India’s Sanitation Challenge
https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/partnership/?p=2618

Reinvent the Toilet Fair India 2014 (varieties of alternative solutions)
https://docs.gatesfoundation.org/documents/Reinvent%20the%20Toilet%20Fair%20India%202014%20Technical%20Guide.pdf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2021
Nice one.

diordaves:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
bobkezel:

Or moxie toilet clean. It's on jumia.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
bobkezel:

bio-Digester soakaway

Meaning the technology is not for Rental properties
You can't control your tenants
I did talk about ease of management

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2021
Bakin3:

Or moxie toilet clean. It's on jumia.
Should I buy it for my tenants or should they buy it themselves? Or I should add it in their house rent?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2021
GoodFaith:

bio-Digester soakaway

Meaning the technology is not for Rental properties
You can't control your tenants
I did talk about ease of management
Eggzatli

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2021
bobkezel:

Should I buy it for my tenants or should they buy it themselves? Or I should add it in their house rent?

Do you think your tenants will follow the rule?
You will find out the hard way
You will find wipes in there
Do you know tenants?
Always remember this words "ease of management" anything relating to tenant or public use
You don't need the headache

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
bobkezel:

Eggzatli

Eggzatli Meaning ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
n3xt:

Thank for sharing sir. Points well noted.

So where exactly is RED good in a house?

If 1 it fades under sunlights and 2 is more notorious in reflecting background.

______

Before I share stuffs like this, I've done my research and findings I can tell you that shade of RED always bring drama when not used in right mix and proportion in a house.

Anyone with a great red house (from any part of the world) apart from Guru Marhaji village in Ibadan grin should please share with us.

I haven't seen many red colored building to confirm but you may have a point because off-white color too usually have low opacity as compared to other similar colors and things like the wavelength on their color spectrum could account for those occurrence.
I didn't say only bright red colors fade outside under sunlight but generally all bright colors that synthesized pigments are used.
Any good satin with sheen would highlight imperfections on the wall under light. That's the reason screeding was done in the first place, to give level surface under reflection.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
bobkezel:

Smiles.

Why don’t you find out how many detergents was handed over to the numerous users in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, US, India etc where the solution has been deployed among the poorest of the poor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marcy45marcy: 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
n3xt:

Smiles.

Why don’t you find out how many detergents was handed over to the numerous users in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, US, India etc where the solution has been deployed among the poorest of the poor?

This is Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) ... (3673) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cynic411(f), Itzkingtimmy(m), nwaorlu and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.