Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,360 members, 7,954,469 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:44 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4711662 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) ... (3755) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
somehow:

I am talking about that of Biodigester.

By design, water doesn’t stay inside biodigester.

I can take you to a working solution in Ajah axis (opposite pump and sell, Addo road) anytime you’re free to see how it works.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2021
n3xt:

grin grin

If this was written by my 10yo, I knew exactly what to do. I’d hand him one of my home improvement books to read until he understand basic plumbing and water system in the house.

As for 2000 liters, 30 people illustration. It’s nothing compared to me who haven’t had to do any evacuation in my house in the last 1 decade.

Guess what I have... 2 families with 10 people and a crèche with about 20 kids that will poo and require cleanup on a daily basis.

I’m not bothered because the system is in place to take care of the waste waters for as long as the earth exists grin
Now this one I can flood here with pictures of how I did it.

_______

On a flip side, what do you think is the essence of a soakaway in a septic tank system?

All these your long epistles have not solved anything here.
We know Google and Ghana before we all came here.
If don't know the solution, just Waka pass. It's better than all these ur Google this Ghana that

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2021
bobkezel:

All these your long epistles have not solved anything here.
We know Google and Ghana before we all came here.
If don't know the solution, just Waka pass. It's better than all these ur Google this Ghana that

I don waka teh teh.

I think we need a translator to help translate my message below in native dialect grin:

n3xt:

Once again, I don't know more than anyone else on this particular subject.

You should know I won't waste time to show you everything in details if I had it installed in my personal builds.

In this regards, asking them to do some further research on the subject is the best I could offer at this time.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hello @tposy23 / @Twinskenny,

If you don't mind, can you make your quotation for this material request public?
Some others may have eyes on the same thing and put that into consideration.

Specify brand/make of cables quoted.

Completely up to you sha, it's just an optional request.

Thanks

EgunMogaji2:
Gentlemen, who’s our plug for electrical cables?

I’m shopping for best price on the attached.

Thanks.

PS: Ready to buy once I find the best deal.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
n3xt:

By design, water doesn’t stay inside biodigester.

I can take you to a working solution in Ajah axis (opposite pump and sell, Addo road) anytime you’re free to see how it works.

You're not getting my question.

The 10 to 20 years lifespan question is not for waste water (I already know it doesn't store water).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anchor101(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
Good Evening to the Ogas in the Forum , Pls I need a Good Mason in IBADAN for plastering and Rendering Job , A Qualigy Person that was able to Handle a SAND TROWEL for plastering.
Any suggestion or Contact will be Appreciated pls ....just for 4 Unit of Room and parlor SC.
You can get across to me on 08076989368.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
anchor101:
Good Evening to the Ogas in the Forum , Pls I need a Good Mason in IBADAN for plastering and Rendering Job , A Qualigy Person that was able to Handle a SAND TROWEL for plastering.
Any suggestion or Contact will be Appreciated pls ....just for 4 Unit of Room and parlor SC.
Thanks

I’ll recommend my team of masons but they’re busy on my build for the next couple of months. If you haven’t found by then please let me know.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
megacontrol:

If you don't mind, can you make your quotation for this material request public?

Thanks

Wonderful request.

Seconded! wink wink grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’ll recommend my team of masons but they’re busy on my build for the next couple of months. If you haven’t found by then please let me know.

Thanks.

Hope they are affordable sir!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
Please I need someone who can do pre-cast parapet.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
n3xt:

Sorry my bro for what you’re currently experiencing.

I won’t expect anything meaningful from here though because we’ve walked this route before many years ago and the highly respected and reputable members you seek had no meaningful contributions to make. It’s like they rejoice in downfall of some folks here.

Try reach out to the borehole contractor and see how you can resolve amicably. You may have to make some unplanned expenses though.
If he hasn’t moved the faulty machine, just hold on to it till everything is resolved. That’s the only thing you can use to hold him.

I was in similar situation in 2013 and all I got here was “He was a fraud despite the fact that all evidence proved contract was awarded to a ‘reputable’ sub-contractor.” I even engaged a team of geologist led by a Prof at Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo to conduct the survey. Yet, we got no water.

Who gets the blame now? Because that’s all we know how to do best here.

You?
Or the borehole contractor?
Or the highly respected nairalander who recommended the borehole Contractor?

Once again, sorry for the inconveniences this might have caused you.
_______

I already placed caveat on borehole drilling outside Lagos.

Oga N3xt.. Thanks for the advice.. I will look well before I leap next time...

For who cares to know... the advance payment was done to the account of the HIGHLY RESPECTED NAIRALANDER for onward mobilization to the contractor...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
diordaves:

First off; it is not a 'crime' to recommend someone. A recommendation is out of lived experience. So the 'highly respected Nairalander' is not part of this standoff. You sound disappointed at the 'highly respected Nairalander'. In my opinion, this shouldn't be. I could be wrong. Please feel free to correct me.

From experience (as we've been here before in the several past), you can only resolve such issues with peer (members) pressure on the contractor and in doing this you need to be transparent (open with the truth) and identify the contractor. This will give the contractor the platform to state their case or challenges. Only then can members of the forum make suggestions or pile pressure as the case may be.

Some have said that . This is largely incorrect. A better number of such issues have been resolved here by the collectives either by meaningful suggestions on the way forward either by concessions on the parties or plea or by members pressure.

I suggest you identify the contractor so that they can come out to state their case or challenge. In a situation like this, it is good wisdom to hear from all parties involved. You can't shave a man's head in his absence.

. I will drop the name of the HIGHLY RESPECTED NAIRALANDER SOON... I believe he is reading the trend... He promised to do the needful.. still waiting for more than a month now for just single borehole...
I hope my patient won't be seen as a weakness...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2021
jabolo:

I appreciate this but ...

I do not expect a recommender (not 'referrer' as you call it - which implies getting some benefit in the transaction) to stand surety.

If I highlight a service provider based on my honest lived experiences, it is your own risk to transact with that person and I cannot be involved in any resulting shennanigans.

If that becomes part of the equation, this thread loses something further and is well on the road to being a hollow shell of giant adverts for solar batteries.

Ahem, I'm speaking for me too. Good day

Thanks for your concern... I will soon open the matter well for all to see... waiting patiently for the RESPECTED NAIRALANDER TO DO THE NEEDFUL... cos I know how I borrowed money to do this job...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
micgray100:

Oga N3xt.. Thanks for the advice.. I will look well before I leap next time...

Just be the matured one on this sir. Sh*t happens sometimes.

I believe the matter will be resolved soon.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:54pm On Jul 14, 2021
somehow:

What I don't understand is the lifespan put at 10 to 20 years, does it become obsolete or how does it work?

Maybe I should ask the engineer before I am directed to Google grin

Na! You might just need to perform some upgrades.

Depending on the type of solution you have, the coconut husk, the enzymes and all other materials used for the installation might require replacement/upgrade as the system ages with time.

But with good preventative maintenance, I think you can have the system running for even more years.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
Valuepaints20:

Satin emulsion is washable and Matt emulsion too
Is washable paints the only difference between the two is that Matt is dull and satin is glossy.

I work as the project service personnel at Gold Edge Industries Nigeria Limited makers of VALUE PAINTS, Value Plus Paints, Anfani Paints, Negro Capa Paints, Buffalo Paints and Patula Filler.

Our product range includes; Gloss, Emulsion, Textured, Matt Emulsion, Satin Silk Emulsion, Flex Emulsion, Vanish, Patula filler, Road Mark/ Floor Paints, Bright Aluminum, Red oxide Primer and POP Emulsion.

Note: Our Buffalo line of paints is similar in quality to the likes of Dulux, Meyer, President, Berger paints and at pocket friendly prices.

Contact us today for any of your paint purchase and painting jobs (individuals and corporate organisations) within Nigeria. We will supply at factory price nationwide with free delivery to most regions.

You can also use the service of our company painters to get accurate bill of quantity (free quotation) for paints required and we can do the painting works if desired.

Engineers, builders, painters, architects, contractors, procurement officers are welcomed for more detailed conversation. A trial will convince you as we establish a business relationship.

https://www.facebook.com/Buy-Paint-101778338743959/

Thank you.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2021
Need a professional to install your building's P.O.P ceiling? Screed the walls to make it as smooth as glass? Install all kinds of P.O.P designs like wall demarcation, T.v stand, wine cabinets and the likes? Install Roman arch at the entrance and dinning? Windows and doors art? Pillar and column designs?

Contact us at His Grace Interiors for the best of the best at affordable prices.
Our reputation precedes us, especially here on Nairaland.
You can check all our other threads here on NL for further info.
A trial, I'm sure , will definitely convince you.

You can reach us on +2347069462837 or hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com for further information and enquiries.
We're available 24/7 anywhere in Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2021
anchor101:
Thanks
good day sir we are available for your pop, artwork sir, pls contact us for the best pop ceiling
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2021
micgray100:
. I will drop the name of the HIGHLY RESPECTED NAIRALANDER SOON... I believe he is reading the trend... He promised to do the needful.. still waiting for more than a month now for just single borehole...
I hope my patient won't be seen as a weakness...

As long as you all are talking and no one is incommunicado, I believe the issue will be resolved. Though I don't yet know the relevant details, but I can smell bad communication from the sketchy details so far.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2021
folmus:

Hope they are affordable sir!

Very affordable, in my opinion.

They do exceptional work and put in long hours.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:41pm On Jul 14, 2021
Please share your favorite POP designs.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Victordarey02: 12:16am On Jul 15, 2021
[center]MR FIXER ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION LIMITED[/center]

MR FIXER is a registered construction company under CORPORATE AFFAIR COMMISSION (CAC)

MR FIXER is a reputable, reliable and affordable construction company to lean on for any of your construction services.

Be it:
Residencial houses,
Industrial building,
Official building
And many more...

OUR SERVICES INCLUDES:
*ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNS,
*REALTOR,
*LAND SURVEY AND APPROVAL,
*ENGINEERING SUPERVISION,
*CONSTRUCTION & RENOVATION,
*POP DESIGN INSTALLATION,
*TILING,
*PLUMBING,
*ELECTRIFYING,
*SCREENING,
*PAINTING,
ETC.....

OUR EXPERT IN THE VARIOUS FIELD MENTIONED ABOVE ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE

CONTACT MR FIXER TODAY AND HAVE A MIND BLOWING CONSTRUCTION SERVICES

CALL: 08127478080 OR
WHATSAPP: 07046517600

DO HAVE A PEACEFUL ABODE

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:58am On Jul 15, 2021
In 2013, we experimented trenching of utilities pipes for domestic water circuit, sewage, drainage, roof gutter sprout during substructure stage. It was very tough for me to convince the plumber (recommended by the owner of the project) to work with while implementing these approach.

About the same time, I implemented the same solution while working on the perimeters of one of my personal builds and it was a huge success.

Here are images from our first install 8 years ago. My next post will showcase where we are heading in the not-too-distant future.

________

Where there are no standards, I become the standard. ~ Brabus

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:03am On Jul 15, 2021
The N3xt Level of Plumbing

#TheNewNormal

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:14am On Jul 15, 2021
Last night, while we were asleep, the world moved.

Disrupt what is with what could be.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 4:04am On Jul 15, 2021
*MARAVILLAS ESTATE*

MARAVILLAS ESTATE is a piece of tomorrow; you have today to partake in it.

This Estate is located by Isheri-North GRA OPIC, Lagos.

MARAVILLAS ESTATE is fused with green surroundings shares proximity with notable landmarks.

At MARAVILLAS ESTATE all you get is peace, comfort, and tranquility. This luxurious haven of tranquility affords you the rare privilege to have residences personally customized to suit your lifestyle.

It offers amenities including a perimeter fence, well laid out roads, and access to five-star leisure facilities as well as high-end restaurants and bars.

*LOCATION* By Isheri-North GRA, OPIC, Lagos.

NEAREST LANDMARKS
MARAVILLAS ESTATE shares proximity with, Channels TV, Isheri-North GRA, Rainbow FM, FAAN Quarters, Magodo Residential Scheme 1.

*TITLE* - Excision

*FACILITIES*
• Impeccable road network
• Drainage system
• Recreational center
• Electricity
• Perimeter fencing
• Streetlight
• Green areas
• 24-hour Security and so much more!

*SELLING PRICE*
600 Sqm - ₦ 9,600,000
500 Sqm - ₦ 8,000,000
450 Sqm - ₦ 7,200,000
300 Sqm - ₦ 4,800,000

Investing in Real Estate is one thing, investing well is another. Invest well and invest in MARAVILLAS ESTATE today!

For inquiries and inspection bookings, please call 2348038781738

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:45am On Jul 15, 2021
Good day to you all...
Do you need to secure your home, school, factory or any of your properties with electric fence-wire or razor barb-wire? Or you need a see-throigh fence like panel mesh, chainlink or mesh? Bolbaz home tech.(RC3088408) is a registered company that deals with genuine materials and professional installation.

Check below link to check out thread on nairaland or you Google search "Bolbaz home tech".

https://www.nairaland.com/5873961/prevent-burglar-thief-pilferer-entering

Get value for your money, you will be happy at the end! smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:54am On Jul 15, 2021
Morning sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrinceLat(m): 10:07am On Jul 15, 2021
I support this 100%, Please if you guys can do this, it will be appreciated. thanks

megacontrol:

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) ... (3755) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chatom143 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.