Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390092 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
ysalli:

Pleas help,
250 square meter is how many feet by how many feet?
you need to specify the sides measurements but 250 square metre would be approximately the equivalent area of 50 feet by 55feet.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2021
QSFemi:
You caught me unawares honestly. The quote sounds endearing now.

We are all learners...we learn everyday...was in awe the day I found out...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2021
for your pop installations.. we are still here

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/22#104655211

choose any design you want we will replicate them..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2021
QUANTITY SURVEYORS

We are at your service for

1. Preparation of bills of Quantities

2. Preparation of Material and Labour Schedule

3. Construction Management

4. Contract Management

5. Pricing of bills of Quantities

6. Vetting of quotations

7. Negotiations

8. Professional advice and consultancy etc....

We are at your service.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:32am On Aug 11, 2021
Good morning

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:35am On Aug 11, 2021
QSFemi:
What's the size of the door she requested - 900mm or 1200mm? I asked because the attached sample that you said she requested is 1200mm while the one you made was 900mm.

size isn't the problem here.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opes: 6:46am On Aug 11, 2021
shedy03:

I acquired the 0.45mm. thanks for your advice.

How much did you buy it per square meter?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yungmin: 6:51am On Aug 11, 2021
ysalli:

Pleas help,
250 square meter is how many feet by how many feet?

Approximately 53ft by 53ft

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shedy03(m): 7:15am On Aug 11, 2021
opes:

How much did you buy it per square meter?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:23am On Aug 11, 2021
shedy03:

I hope your installer comes highly recommended.

If not, ensure they’re extremely careful handling the material especially when they’re climbing the roof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shedy03(m): 7:39am On Aug 11, 2021
n3xt:

I hope your installer comes highly recommended.

If not, ensure they’re extremely careful handling the material especially when they’re climbing the roof.

Installer is experienced, but I must warn him to be careful
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opes: 7:41am On Aug 11, 2021
shedy03:

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:47am On Aug 11, 2021
shedy03:

Installer is experienced, but I must warn him to be careful
Thanks.

Good. Wishing you all the best on your project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:25am On Aug 11, 2021
michlins:
size isn't the problem here.

My opinion.. some avoidable assumptions were made by both parties during this project and it has unintended consequences, financially,
Intentions are difficult to prove, so let’s not dwell on it.
Here is a suggestion. Check how much it would cost to remedy the situation; in terms of specific design, materials repainting and labour. It’s going to be painful we know. Be very honest about it and present the cost for deliberation. Maybe a 50/ 50 formula from both sides,
Redeem your name
Learn your lesson
Move on.
Lessons derived ; always send extensive pictures of sample work
Personally inspected all work before finishing
Avoid using stock pictures for sample where possible
Don’t make any assumptions when communicating
Don’t take more work than you can handle as your trade has to do with details.

On a side note. I had wanted you to visit my country home mason for all the metal work soon but these development shouldn’t be a yardstick for your performance.

You are free to disregard these unsolicited suggestions.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:39am On Aug 11, 2021
Good morning Nigerians. Glad we had lovely and pleasant weekend. Let's know about another Grade of Value Product. A premium grade of VALUE PAINTS Product.
Plus Excel Emulsion is a Premium Quality Product, guaranteed to give a smooth and lasting finish. It is formulated with light fast and weather resistant pigments and binders. It has excellent scrub resistance and fortified with both in can and dry film properties.
For a direct supply of Value Paint Products from the Company, Quality and batch intact,
Contact-: Mr NASS
Coporate Sales Excecutive.
WhatsApp and calls. 08163862804.
valuepaints188@gmail.com
A trial will convince You.
https://www.nairaland.com/6626105/value-paints-value-plus
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2021
sonnie10:

My opinion.. some avoidable assumptions were made by both parties during this project and it has unintended consequences, financially,

On a side note. I had wanted you to visit my country home mason for all the metal work soon but these development shouldn’t be a yardstick for your performance.

I think this is purely communication issue.

Like someone shared earlier on this thread, most of these doors and gates always have design on one side, the other side is always plain or maybe that’s what me as a person would like.

I have one in my kitchen and it was plain and simple.

______

Pics - When someone asked me how much a similar door cost and I gave him price. He was like how much is blah, blah... so I decided to show him the construction pics and the quality of keys used on the door. It’s a local door with 4 locking mechanism.

That’s being explicit.

________

As for the finishing, I can’t really say much from a distance.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2021
sonnie10:

Here is a suggestion. Check how much it would cost to remedy the situation; in terms of specific design, materials repainting and labour. It’s going to be painful we know. Be very honest about it and present the cost for deliberation. Maybe a 50/ 50 formula from both sides,
Redeem your name
Learn your lesson
Move on.

I think this is a good suggestion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 10:12am On Aug 11, 2021
TK Maxx store evacuated after rain causes ceiling collapse

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-58160607

Scotland Wonder!! Who is to blame? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Vodox: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2021
Good morning senior colleagues,
Please can a Civil Engineer get his COREN certificate while doing his pupilage under an Architect?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 11:13am On Aug 11, 2021
See this finishing, this is an alternative to POP

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
Deka VRLA/GEl and Trojan VRLA/AGM BATTERIES!!!

DEKA 12v 210ah (VRLA GEL):
Voltage: 12V
20 HR rate : 183AH
Capacity at C/100: 210ah
Plate alloy: Lead Calcium
Container/Cover: Polypropylene
Operating Temp range: -60°C - 60°C
Vent: Self Sealing
Electrolyte: Sulfuric acid thixotropic Gel
Price:220k

TROJAN 12V 205ah (VRLA AGM):
Voltage: 12V
20 HR rate: 210ah .
Maximum Charge Current : 20% of C20
Operating Temp range: -20°C - 50°C
Material: polypropylene
Battery: VRLA/AGM/Non- Spillable/maintenance free
Price:225k

SmartcellNuggets: The primary means of energy generation is going to solar. It will at least be a plurality, and probably be a slight majority in the long term.  - "Elon Musk"

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a ...... N17,000
12v 150a.......N12,500
12v 100a.......N8,500
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
Born2conquer:

Exposed beam ceiling.

Cheap and classic way to finish a ceiling.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2021
Born2conquer:

The is not an alternative to pop when it comes to cost saving.
What you posted there will cost you multiple cost.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2021
Born2conquer:

I love dis
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
n3xt:

Exposed beam ceiling.

Cheap and classic way to finish a ceiling.
Beautiful cheesy
I love something that classic, something different from everybody’s norms because it seems POP (plaster board and co) is the new definition of luxury finishing in homes now and I believe it “might” be obsolete in few years time with the emergence of new designs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
rotecch77:

The is not an alternative to pop when it comes to cost saving.
What you posted there will cost you multiple cost.

He get how dem dey do am Wey price go dey cheap.

But that one in particular that he posted won’t come cheap. I can see it has boxed beam too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
Born2conquer:

Beautiful cheesy
I love something that classic, something different from everybody’s norms because it seems POP (plaster board and co) is the new definition of luxury finishing in homes now and I believe it “might” be obsolete in few years time with the emergence of new designs.

I’m with you on this opinion
But cost is the major thing most people look on to.
More like this pics

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
n3xt:

He get how dem dey do am Wey price go dey cheap.

But that one in particular that he posted won’t come cheap. I can see it has boxed beam too.

Yea it’s has box
Like the pics I posted up there just now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omonjoe(m): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2021
For those that have used these toilet seats, which will you recommend virony or tywford? I'm open to other recommendations as well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
rotecch77:

I’m with you on this opinion
But cost is the major thing most people look on to.
More like this pics
Exactly chief, beautiful!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
Pls I need 100 bags of cement to be supplied to a site in Lekki Phase 1 today (or latest tomorrow morning).

Others are not willing to do less than 300 but we don’t have provision for storage on site.

Is there anyone here that can deliver 100 bags?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sodiq961(m), segcymoor(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.