Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:56 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4480806 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (3689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:12pm On May 19, 2016
anikkyshaya:

No problem sir, so far he can marry me with 8 children and sign the contract of care, known wahala grin grin grin grin grin

shocked shocked shocked Blood of Zechariah!!! 8 kini, abi I don high ni wey I don dey see double.

Senior AZUH, pls confirm you see 8!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 7:13pm On May 19, 2016
AZUH:
@anikkyshaya ? Female ? What are you doing here ? No wonder everybody is busy welcoming her ? Nigerians !!!

Oga what is your problem with '' female'', she is entitled to all the information she can get to do her project. we are welcoming her because we love varieties here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anikkyshaya: 7:14pm On May 19, 2016
AZUH:
@anikkyshaya ? Female ? What are you doing here ? No wonder everybody is busy welcoming her ? Nigerians !!!

Am talking lecture from you people now grin grin grin, what do u mean female? I be obinrin bi okunrin...... Mean woman like man grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anikkyshaya: 7:16pm On May 19, 2016
AZUH:
Later they will go to the site and use three blocks for dpc . @anikkyshaya leave here now .

Mr Azuh you no go kill person with laughter grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anikkyshaya: 7:19pm On May 19, 2016
EgunMogaji:

They welcomed you too until you went off the deep end grin

grin grin grin grin ho........... Jesus my head, please no kill me with laugh o. Sir I like dis your name EGUNMOGAGI na big name ooo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 19, 2016
anikkyshaya:

grin grin grin grin ho........... Jesus my head, please no kill me with laugh o. Sir I like dis your name EGUNMOGAGI na big name ooo.

Oruko ni nroni grin

May I introduce you to Alhadja Chief Madam GabbyTabby, GFCR.

She's our Headmistress and Alaga Obinrin. She walks the hallways quietly but carries a big stick.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:31pm On May 19, 2016
KolaShangOne:

You may say so based on your own experiences. Ibadan is very very big. Even though I love the city, at least 70% of Ibadan is covered with poor people. 10-15% is covered with rich areas where the policemen provide security (Alalubosa GRA, Iyaganku GRA, Bodija Estate etc).

Do you mean the same Iyangaku GRA where most political assassination in Ibadan happened is one of the most secure areas? It can't be. I schooled in the GRA and I cannot count the number of assassinations and failed attempts that were carried out during that time.

Of recent, Bola Amole, the owner of BIMS African Food Store UK was killed there.

________
Alalubosa GRA

Don't remind me! I lost a cousin who's a week older than me to those boys who were trying to rob him at gun point inside the estate about 12 years ago.
I also lost a friend there too by Alalubosa river which is the escape route.

Same thing with NIHORT, Jericho, Onireke GRA, Aleshinloye, Forestry. Those areas are just too silent which makes it easy for those boys to operate.
_______
Bodija Estate

I can only ask which Bodija is it. Is it Bola Iges? Or Sunday Alalades? Or where Akala's driver was shot dead? Or the regular Kara Mayhem? Or where Mrs Adesiyan (Wife of the Police Affairs Minister) was abducted? Or where a family of 3 who just relocated to Nigeria after 18 years sojourn in Canada were burnt to death few weeks after arriving motherland?

Brabus

I still wanna know the safest part of Ibadan?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:39pm On May 19, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'll also add that I'll prefer that they allow responsible citizens to arm themselves.

Arisekola is a richer car dealer but wasn't killed so we have to consider all angles.

There are two people I want to have as arm length friends in Ibadan, not Governor or Police Commisioner, Sunday Osogbo and Fele.

Apologies.. but AriseKola was a big time tout who profited from the Abacha regime if you know the history of how he became rich. Asides him having Major guns, major Jazz and Major money to hire major touts, he is alsi protected by Nigeria Police etc..

I will delete this post later.

People like Fele, Sunday Igbowo work with political giants o.. you can't pay them grin

Igbowo works with Ladoja
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TLAX: 7:41pm On May 19, 2016
AZUH:
Oluploto , agarawu. You guys are in one location ? At news paper stand arguing ba ? Lol guy that house cost 8m you think those guys don't know the value of money . Nobody will even try it .

You are very entertaining. I told you the problem with rjat house is beyond low dpc.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anikkyshaya: 7:44pm On May 19, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Oga what is your problem with '' female'', she is entitled to all the information she can get to do her project. we are welcoming her because we love varieties here

I wonder ooo cheesy equal rights my brother. Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 19, 2016
KolaShangOne:

Apologies.. but AriseKola was a big time tout who profited from the Abacha regime if you know the history of how he became rich. Asides him having Major guns, major Jazz and Major money to hire major touts, he is alsi protected by Nigeria Police etc..

I will delete this post later.

People like Fele, Sunday Igbowo work with political giants o.. you can't pay them grin

Igbowo works with Ladoja

No need to apologize, we all have what we believe.

Being friends with people doesn't always mean paying in monetary terms. People smaller than me have access to Sunday.

But like I said , Arisekola wasn't killed as there are more ways to kill a cat.

http://www.ibadancityng.com/exclusive-pictures-and-interview-with-sunday-igboho-i-am-a-human-rights-defender/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:50pm On May 19, 2016
[Quote author=n3xt post=45776239]@ Olapluto, I read your last comment. I'll allow KolaShangOne to do justice to the comment.

Meanwhile, it may be worthwhile to let you know that KolaShangOne is from Mokola area. Sabo, Ibadan (Mokola area) is the largest market for stolen items in western region. In fact, you'll meet a police officer at every 2 minutes walk in that area.

Do you know the place they call Koto? It's in Mokola. Find out what they do there. [/quote]

You know Ibadan like the back of your hand. A police station is at Mokola directly in front of Sabo where 90% of stolen items are sold. All the areas listed by @olapluto are unsafe. APete is known for cult activities and robbery. Mokola is known for same (Ask about Koto boys )
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anikkyshaya: 7:50pm On May 19, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Oruko ni nroni grin

May I introduce you to Alhadja Chief Madam GabbyTabby, GFCR.

She's our Headmistress and Alaga Obinrin. She walks the hallways quietly but carries a big stick.

grin grin grin am walking majestically....... Lol lol not with stick oo. Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 7:55pm On May 19, 2016
TLAX what is the problem apart from the dpc . Pls house has anyone used two blocks dawn one up for dpc ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:58pm On May 19, 2016
KolaShangOne:

You know Ibadan like the back of your hand. A police station is at Mokola directly in front of Sabo where 90% of stolen items are sold. All the areas listed by @olapluto are unsafe. APete is known for cult activities and robbery. Mokola is known for same (Ask about Koto boys )

Don't mention Apete. I was once off-campus student of The Poly living in Apete.

I don't just know Ibadan. I knew the people that holds forte in each constituency.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 8:06pm On May 19, 2016
AZUH:
TLAX what is the problem apart from the dpc . Pls house has anyone used two blocks dawn one up for dpc ?
Foundation depth is not governed by any universal standard but rather by the below mentioned factors -
- Selected Foundation type affects the depth
- Soil test result ( we generally dont do soil test in Nigeria out of ignorance and cost)
- Estimated load of the structure
Overal, your foundation should generally start from where you encounter a reasonable good soil with adequate bearing capacity depending on the foundation type.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:09pm On May 19, 2016
AZUH:
@anikkyshaya. Which villiage are you from ? You supposed to be reading and wait for pictures .what is my business with you ? If my piller be like chicken leg . Watin concern you ? See I senior you for this class oh . Learn how to respect your senior .

Loool. You're funny sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 19, 2016
podosci:

Foundation depth is not governed by any universal standard but rather by the below mentioned factors -
- Soil test result ( we generally dont do soil test in Nigeria out of ignorance and cost)
Overal, your foundation should generally start from where you encounter a reasonable good soil with adequate bearing capacity depending on the foundation type.

Define soil test.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 8:11pm On May 19, 2016
anikkyshaya:

grin grin grin am walking majestically....... Lol lol not with stick oo. Thanks sir

Welcome on board anikishaya.

Your name go appear for noisemakers list this week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:15pm On May 19, 2016
EgunMogaji:

They welcomed you too until you went off the deep end grin
He has gone so afar from LEFT now he is on the Edge of LEFT grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:20pm On May 19, 2016
podosci:

Welcome, ur name is on my list
Why the generalization, it would have been more welcoming if you voiced your opinion to the effect that you have never seen Soil test being carried out in the whole Nigeria instead of suggesting it doesn't exist.
I employ you to scroll fru this section and see if you wont find various site soil test.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:20pm On May 19, 2016
AZUH:
Pls house has anyone used two blocks dawn one up for dpc ?

Me. One block down. 2 up. Then DPC. For a block of flat.

Brabus

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On May 19, 2016
anikkyshaya:

Madam hold on, keep some laugh abegg, make your name nor enter my list, where the spider with one eye and the motherless fly? cheesy or u wan pay Deve
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:24pm On May 19, 2016
AZUH:
Pls house has anyone used two blocks dawn one up for dpc ?

Lagos State Government. 2 blocks down. 2 Up. Then DPC. For a 111 bed hospital.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 8:27pm On May 19, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Define soil test.
Soil test is actually a loose word, The more accurate word is Geothecnical test which involves surface and subsurface investigation of properties of soil.
From the geothenic test, relevant informations like the soil profile, Bearing capacity, Setttlement rate etc can be obtained.
Soil Profile - Shows the layers of different soil types along a vertical plane.
Bearing capacity - Shows the amount of load per area the soil can take.
Settlement rate- shows the rate of consolidation of the soil with time.
This are the important imformation the Structural engineers needs before picking a foundation type and depth.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 19, 2016
podosci:

Soil test is actually a loose word, The more accurate word is Geothecnical test which involves surface and subsurface investigation of properties of soil.
From the geothenic test, relevant informations like the soil profile, Bearing capacity, Setttlement rate etc can be obtained.
Soil Profile - Shows the layers of different soil types along a vertical plane.
Bearing capacity - Shows the amount of load per area the soil can take.
Settlement rate- shows the rate of consolidation of the soil with time.
This are the important imformation the Structural engineers needs before picking a foundation type and depth.

So ALL the structures that you built had a structural engineer perform a soil test?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 8:33pm On May 19, 2016
erico2k2:

Welcome, ur name is on my list
Why the generalization, it would have been more welcoming if you voiced your opinion to the effect that you have never seen Soil test being carried out in the whole Nigeria instead of suggesting it doesn't exist.
I employ you to scroll fru this section and see if you wont find various site soil test.
Lol, my oga hope my name is not on your black list?
On an average Nigerians dont do soil test, i would encourage a few undergrads to do a reserach paper on it. Either the client adamantly refuses or the engineers ignore it and assumes a bearing capacity.
Like i said, on an average.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 8:36pm On May 19, 2016
EgunMogaji:

So ALL the structures that you built had a structural engineer perform a soil test?
I dont know, if i see a figure of a bearing capacity... I would professional have to assume a geothecnical test has been carried out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 19, 2016
podosci:

I dont know, if i see a figure of a bearing capacity... I would professional have to assume a geothecnical test has been carried out.

Did you have a structural engineers report for this soil before you dug the foundation?

https://www.nairaland.com/2900100/construction-low-cost-three-bedroom#42445633

I'm one of your teams biggest fan but we have to be careful when we paint with a wide brush.

I didn't have a soil test done because I sit on a rick formation and two builder who came onsite to give me paid estimates said it was not needed.

I building a bungalow btw.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:56pm On May 19, 2016
podosci:

Lol, my oga hope my name is not on your black list?
On an average Nigerians dont do soil test, i would encourage a few undergrads to do a reserach paper on it. Either the client adamantly refuses or the engineers ignore it and assumes a bearing capacity.
Like i said, on an average.
Noted, I presume you are a new student to this class,previously we have discussed the Soil analysis test and we have come to the conclusion that most of our buildings are overbuild, most of us agreed on that.
On Average I agree they do not do this test but its based o n the assumption of existing building.This test are proportionate to the weight and magnitude of your built abi you want my bross EgunMogaji to do soil test for his garage build
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 8:59pm On May 19, 2016
erico2k2:

Noted, I presume you are a new student to this class,previously we have discussed the Soil analysis test and we have come to the conclusion that most of our buildings are overbuild, most of us agreed on that.
On Average I agree they do not do this test but its based o n the assumption of existing building.This test are proportionate to the weight and magnitude of your built abi you want my bross EgunMogaji to do soil test for his garage build
I guess i missed the class.
Thats true... If you check the houses in the area and ask questions.. From physical observatios you can assume a range...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 9:06pm On May 19, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Did you have a structural engineers report for this soil before you dug the foundation?

https://www.nairaland.com/2900100/construction-low-cost-three-bedroom#42445633

I'm one of your teams biggest fan but we have to be careful when we paint with a wide brush.

I didn't have a soil test done because I sit on a rick formation and two builder who came onsite to give me paid estimates said it was not needed.

I building a bungalow btw.
Appologise for using my brush anyhow...
No sir, Soil test was not conducted.
The site adjacent to the land had huge rocks protruding from the ground and i even assumed thats the reason the land had not been sold.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (3689) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Chidimercy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.