Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4384487 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) (2534) (2535) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigrovar(m): 8:46am On Oct 19, 2021
abuiltech:

No sir, I know for sure you will get them, at orile or jiji

Just to be clear. The picture you posted is a trap floor drain? And it is available in Orille? Some of the Jiji sellers I spoke to don't seem to know about it unless there is a different market lingo for things like that.

Are trap floor drains readily available in Nigeria?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2021
For your professional tiling work, call or whatsapp me on 09036346989
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:51am On Oct 19, 2021
For your electrical accessories supplies and installation don’t hesitate to WhatsApp me
Juicy rate await you…

By the way we back on this site at Lekki. First floor block work ongoing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:54am On Oct 19, 2021
Do you guys know of any bank that does international handling of USA checks? As in accept a check drawn on a USA bank in dollars into domiciliary account.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:12am On Oct 19, 2021
abuiltech:

Yes, this is normal when you have trapless floor drain, the trap is a water seal like the one you have in WC bowl, which prevent the ingress of foul air, and insects, get floor drain with trap

Try to flush down your drain frequently with cockroach exterminator like ammonia and boil water
My guy, you have explained it all, the SEAL will protect the foul odor and insect, that is if you used the trap type, the direct type will not DO this,
It’s it’s beta to know what to buy and used at times “ professionalism play here”
I have many designs of these for sales in my Orile and ikorodu stores,

The brass range from 12-18k
The plastic imported range from 500-1k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:19am On Oct 19, 2021
There also bigger size for outdoor usage,
Called “full bora”
And bigger floor drain too

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 10:26am On Oct 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I have a love for cantilever structures too. I saw this on a recent episode of Grand Designs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ5rVsxBnUk

Cantilevers are always beauty to behold when properly done, especially those with lengthy protrusion. My fear has been the engineer getting his structural calculations right to ensure stability.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by krak101(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2021
bigrovar:
Hello my Oga in the house. I have a question about a small but quite important aspect of a house that is often over looked. Floor drain. I have noticed that they eventually become a major entry point for roaches and sometimes rodents (like rats mice)

The generic floor drain used in most homes is a big culprit. You can mitigate by periodically flushing down a mixture of sniper but you need to be doing this sometimes once every 2 months.

I once found a flood drain that has a closing spring system which allows you tap ( with your foot ) to close. Unfortunately they did not last and the closing mechanism eventually got stuck closed.

Does anyone have an idea how to have a floor drain that is designed to be resistance to pets and other crawlies. Is this something anyone here has noticed ?
This is unrelated though. What's the possibility of getting some classic movies from you?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 10:37am On Oct 19, 2021
For Mechanical, Electrical and plumbing design with installation, let's talk,

Reach out to us on any of your drawings, either approval, construction or as-built, we are always ready to serve you,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigrovar(m): 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
krak101:
This is unrelated though. What's the possibility of getting some classic movies from you?
Which?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
God help us

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ayoope(f): 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
somehow:

Cape Town is what I saw.
Didn't see any known location on the AD

I shared a link, pls click to find out exact location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
beejay1:
Hello All,

Please help with the current prices of the following electrical fittings:

POP Light fitting panel (18w &12w)
1 Gang switch (900)
2 Gang switch (1150)
3 Gang switch 1100
13A Single socket (1400)
13A Double socket 1450/3000) (non usb n usb enabled)
15A socket (1800)
Tv socket (1200)
water heater switch (2200)
wall brackets (varies
cooker unit switch (7500)
Akt spot light 1100 6watts
Akt spot light 18watts 1700

thanks

All with warranty

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2021
michlins:
would you be "open minded" enough to experiment with your own build?
grin grin grin grin
Hilarious.
Who will try such?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
20by60
Spanish products still in stock
Available

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Could a clerestory window be an option.

These are actually nice.

Haven't seen it on any build tho.
But would be interesting to see someone try it out.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2021
Jasobry:
God help us
there's absolutely nothing wrong with that bamboo, it's safe and it's the future

https://www.engineeringdiscoveries.net/2019/05/why-bamboo-is-more-stronger-than-steel.html?m=1

Read
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2021
Jasobry:
God help us

Hmm Heartless people
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

These are actually nice.

Haven't seen it on any build tho.
But would be interesting to see someone try it out.

Quite popular on colonial homes. Seen a few on older homes in Bodija.

Might try it next year.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
rotecch77:

My guy, you have explained it all, the SEAL will protect the foul odor and insect, that is if you used the trap type, the direct type will not DO this,
It’s it’s beta to know what to buy and used at times “ professionalism play here”
I have many designs of these for sales in my Orile and ikorodu stores,

The brass range from 12-18k
The plastic imported range from 500-1k

Please share more pictures and info on the first picture.

What’s the maximum length?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Please share more pictures and info on the first picture.

What’s the maximum length?

Thanks.
You mean this sir

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
michlins:
would you be "open minded" enough to experiment with your own build?
My secondary school still has a building (upstairs) that was built in 1925...the decking was not cast, just plank. The reinforcement or whatever it is called is bamboo it is still there...

@n3xt over to you since you use native sponge as underground drainage ���
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2021
Jasobry:
God help us
smiling,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 9:14pm On Oct 19, 2021
Jasobry:
God help us
Amen cheesy
Meanwhile

Bamboo possesses a higher tensile strength than steel, (NB, the major thing steel does in concrete is to provide tensile strength) One of the down side of bamboo in concrete is the bonding effect it will have with concrete, Even that can be enhanced with use of admixture.

2: about the caption on the pics your attached, (the picture I will attach) should be the major reason why one should be concerned about buying a building without knowing the structural integrity of the structure.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
bobkezel:

My secondary school still has a building (upstairs) that was built in 1925...the decking was not cast, just plank. The reinforcement or whatever it is called is bamboo it is still there...

@n3xt over to you since you use native sponge as underground drainage ���

grin
I’ve got too much to worry about right now. However I can incorporate engineered bamboo into my ongoing build to show you what’s possible.

We’ve been experimenting for years now and my build hasn’t fall or had any structural issues.

Pic 3: Decommissioning a badly built tank tower.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:26am On Oct 20, 2021
Focusmind:
Great experts in the house. I have been looking for glass window that will remain opaque at night when the light is switched on. That's, opaque to the outsiders. Not able to see the inside of the house.

Most tinted glass windows remains opaque to those outside the house during the day time only. I have an area in my build that I want to mount fixed glass without putting blinds or curtains. But would want glass that would remain opaque at night when light is on

I have a similar section in one of my ongoing builds.

Pic 1: View from outside the building
Pic 2: View from inside the building
Pic 3: Proposed metal protector

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:36am On Oct 20, 2021
3D Wallpaper I know | Here’s Floating Geometric Wall Art

Pic 1: Inspiration
Pic 2: Ongoing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:42am On Oct 20, 2021
When the order is “Wow Me!”

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 5:27am On Oct 20, 2021
n3xt:

I have a similar section in one of my ongoing builds.

Pic 1: View from outside the building
Pic 2: View from inside the building
Pic 3: Proposed metal protector

That was what I was asking and wants to do. But the area would be transparent at night when light is on, making passersby to see the inside. I am considering the frosting suggested by rotecch. The frosting would be in small equal rectangular pattern, capable of blocking views from outside at night when light is on

Do you intend to put burglary here? It is what I hate to put, but have no choice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 5:42am On Oct 20, 2021
veekid:
there's absolutely nothing wrong with that bamboo, it's safe and it's the future

https://www.engineeringdiscoveries.net/2019/05/why-bamboo-is-more-stronger-than-steel.html?m=1

Read

where in those pictures did you see bamboo mixed with concrete and blocks?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) (2534) (2535) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rayd502(m), Philipgarza31, kdaddy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.