Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4384534 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2532) (2533) (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:35pm On Oct 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Sorry, what’s that Sir? It didn’t quote properly.

I meant this. (Pic below)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2021
BuildingProject:
cool shocked

My Oga at the Top .....✓ cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2021
Born2conquer:
Why am I feeling this thread is dying
controversy is one thing that keeps this thread going. The front and back argument and counter argument plus the advice.

It's not dying, it's in vegetative state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 8:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
Born2conquer:
Why am I feeling this thread is dying

Hahahaha...
There are more vendors than DIY builders now.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2021
debeey87:
Good morning all. I need advise on the top floor of my build. We have completed the ground floor and done decking. The bricklayer is suggesting we use 9" block for the outer walls and 6" inside.

Isn't it possible to use 6" for the entire first floor instead of combining with the 9" on the outer walls.

Thank you
Listen to your bricklayer.
The 9" outer wall with wider cavities will reduce sound and heat ingress.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by horlorbah(m): 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
Omotofineo:
Hello everyone I need your help

Our engineer gave us this estimation

Though it's water logged but the water is not too much.

We want to know if his estimation is not outrageous for roofing and fencing

Get another quotation from another person or price from different sawmill yourself but go with someone knowledgeable in wood . The price on the quote is way different from what I know . eg ojaagba is just 200 to 250 naira at lukosi and ikorodu don't know if it's more than that in other area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 9:10pm On Oct 21, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

My Oga at the Top .....✓ cool

All of una don abandon us àbi. No worry, we get another project coming up soon. 5 star hotel. Same location. Ó máa loud gan. I neva know how many floor next home wan do. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2021
TV Wall 1 | Prepping the wall

When the order is “Wow me”

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
Baba what did for the screeding of the board before painting?
n3xt:
Ilé Ode 1 by NextHome | Trims

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:28pm On Oct 21, 2021
BuildingProject:

All of una don abandon us àbi. No worry, we get another project coming up soon. 5 star hotel. Same location. Ó máa loud gan. I neva know how many floor next home wan do. grin grin

Ogami toh Sure ✓ cheesy , Abandon bawo!
I was on site sef last week, we dey till the end ni o.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2021
@jasobry how’s it at your end? I mean the carport project.

I knew I’m kinda slow at things like this cos what’s worth doing at all is worth doing well.

I’ll be painting the steel members tomorrow. All things been equal, we should have it standing by next week.

I’m also considering profile light (pic 3) in the carport. Already in talk with supplier.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
Hello house pls help me vet this quote. Just for the supply of water from overhead tank.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
horlorbah:
Good evening sirs, please I will like to get the price of Aluminum casement window with reflective glass and sliding nets for the following window sizes.

1. 1500×1200
2. 1200×1200
3. 900×900
4. 600×600

4. Bathroom door...800×2100

Thanks in anticipation
Good evening boss
Casement window with reflective glass and net
(1) 1500 x 1200-45k
(2) 1200 x 1200-35k
(3) 900 x 900-28k
(4) 600 x 600-20k

Door...800 x 2100-27k
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by horlorbah(m): 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Good evening boss
Casement window with reflective glass and net
(1) 1500 x 1200-45k
(2) 1200 x 1200-35k
(3) 900 x 900-28k
(4) 600 x 600-20k

Door...800 x 2100-27k
Thanks
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
horlorbah:

Thank you sir
You are welcome sir
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 10:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
Mup4life:
Hello house pls help me vet this quote. Just for the supply of water from overhead tank.

Can I see any drawing/design showing the overhead tank.
If you don't have,
1.how many tanks will be installed?
2.what is the height of the building?
3.what is the distance from the overhead tank to the borehole?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 11:20pm On Oct 21, 2021
walexProjects:

Can I see any drawing/design showing the overhead tank.
If you don't have,
1.how many tanks will be installed?
2.what is the height of the building?
3.what is the distance from the overhead tank to the borehole?
just one tank 2 should not be more than 12 feet 3 about 5ft
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 11:37pm On Oct 21, 2021
Mup4life:
just one tank 2 should not be more than 12 feet 3 about 5ft

Ok how many Bathrooms, Toilets, Kitchens are in the building?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:06am On Oct 22, 2021
gordonbarrett:
Baba what did for the screeding of the board before painting?

Regular cement/pop/top bond screed.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 12:12am On Oct 22, 2021
princenomics:
Please in which state can we find these prices? I asked because what my carpenter gave me in Benin is somehow out of this world oooh compared to what I am seeing here.
What I was given:
2*2 - 800
2*3 - 1700
2*4 - 2000
3*4 - 3000

I will give u at this price in benin

2x2@N400

2x3@N500

2x4@N600

3x4@N1000

How many pieces

2x2
2x3
2x4
3x4

Do u need?

Whatsapp me

07062-32-9505
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 12:35am On Oct 22, 2021
princenomics:
Please in which state can we find these prices? I asked because what my carpenter gave me in Benin is somehow out of this world oooh compared to what I am seeing here.
What I was given:
2*2 - 800
2*3 - 1700
2*4 - 2000
3*4 - 3000

These prices are too outrageous.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:29am On Oct 22, 2021
How to install Large and Expensive TVs on hollow walls

Though I’ve even a lot of beautiful Media Wall designs recently. I’ve only seen a very few professional installations of large TVs.
Most installers just do a direct install on the hollow block and that’s it.

All that said, I need to reemphasize this valuable information that “a hollow block is a poor mounting surface for walls holding expensive and large TVs.”

Unless your hollow block is filled and you can hit the filled cavity directly, I’d advice you not to roll dice on installing your expensive and large TVs directly on hollow surfaces, the risk is pretty high.

Beyond risk of pull out, installing your media wall directly on hollow surfaces can lead to condensation unless there is sufficient insulation that can keep your boards above dew point.

A lot of people do chose form over function. We do things different.

See more details on how to professionally install expensive and large TVs on hollow surfaces on https://www.kobocity.com/d/244-how-to-install-large-and-expensive-tvs-on-hollow-walls

Pic 1 | Surface preparation
Pic 2 | Pressure treated woods

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:56am On Oct 22, 2021
Ilé Ode 2 by NextHome | Sunset View

When the order is “wow me”

>>> upcoming: picket fence

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:07am On Oct 22, 2021
Hardwares for our sliding Metal Art (Bógílárì)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:12am On Oct 22, 2021
mountmoriah:

It depends on what you’re buying though.

Two days ago, I bought 2 x 8 x 12 pressure treated woods N8,500

One pako pere.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:24am On Oct 22, 2021
BuildingProject:

...we get another project coming up soon. 5 star hotel. Same location. Ó máa loud gan. I neva know how many floor NextHome wan do. grin grin

If it’s 5 star hotel, I’ve got the blueprint of some of the most interesting multi-level hospitality designs in Nigeria where we can steal some beautiful ideas.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects with us even when we’re not advertising.

I closed 3 more deals in your estate already. They just won’t stop coming grin

Accept my congratulations in advance.
Na you gangan be my man of the year!
You kept going despite the fact that they’ve almost turned your project into something I cannot describe.

I learnt a lot from your perseverance and tenacity. That’s exactly what separate men from the boys.

Shockingly, we didn’t kill anyone while trying to manage a very bad situation. We managed to carry everyone (the good, the bad and the ugly) to the finish line except those who don reach their bus stop.

I’m glad you’re happy!
_______

I don dey already share my own Housewarming Tribute grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 4:07am On Oct 22, 2021
n3xt:

It depends on what you’re buying though.

Two days ago, I bought 2 x 8 x 12 pressure treated woods N8,500

One pako pere.

Because they are special woods for special purposes

you can't use it for roofing carcass wood work.

No architect, engr, qs, builder or roofers will recommend it for roofing.

The prices they gave him above is too outrageous for woods to roof house.

Pressure treated woods are expensive not for roofing.

Good for flooring, staircase, etc

Bro u no dey sleep?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 4:26am On Oct 22, 2021
8mm
10mm
12mm
16mm
20mm

Still available for payment on delivery.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 5:01am On Oct 22, 2021
Thanks my Oga, when I tried to question the rationale for such high prices, I told told the prices on NL are bush saw wood and not sawmill. Can you imagine.
mountmoriah:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 5:57am On Oct 22, 2021
Good morning all the bosses in house..
We can type of plumbing job with reasonable price..
We here serve you better and you can live better..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 22, 2021
What's best property plan for someone with 50-70m and resident in Lagos?

Gurus over to you please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2532) (2533) (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: psychologist(m), Gharnew112(m), bolseas(f), diordaves(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.