Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,721 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4414213 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:07am On Nov 11, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:07am On Nov 11, 2021
n3xt:
In-situ Concrete Fascia minus the traditions

- no planks
- no plastering
- quick fix
- solid built
- affordable

#AlternativeBuildingSolutions #NextHome #ConcreteFascia #Parapet
baba more of this, I supplied the woods for this project.

Thanks for your patronage http://www.kobocity.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 11:23am On Nov 11, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Maybe I used the wrong word, perhaps I should have used debate instead.

One should go with government and/or proven industry standard.

Role of an Architect in construction

Architects are in charge of design and project planning, and they are also responsible for the visual appearance of buildings and structures. ... Architects have several responsibilities during all stages of a project, from the initial drafts and meetings to the inauguration of a building

Note; several responsibilities means to check design working drawing specifications in accordance with interpretation!

What can make an architect carry out building construction is to have dual experience and certificate

Role of a BUILDER in construction

His role in building development process in general, is to construct the building. He does this by taking charge of the activities on a building construction site in translating designs, working drawings, schedules and specifications into a physical structure.

Here builders are responsible for build ability of the design ( drawing).

Finally we can’t say because (Iya abiye ) native doctors is good. Now claims medical Doctors role.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
We sell roofing

Call us, we deliver

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
Biztech05:

Role of an Architect in construction

Architects are in charge of design and project planning, and they are also responsible for the visual appearance of buildings and structures. ... Architects have several responsibilities during all stages of a project, from the initial drafts and meetings to the inauguration of a building

Note; several responsibilities means to check design working drawing specifications in accordance with interpretation!

What can make an architect carry out building construction is to have dual experience and certificate

Role of a BUILDER in construction

His role in building development process in general, is to construct the building. He does this by taking charge of the activities on a building construction site in translating designs, working drawings, schedules and specifications into a physical structure.

Here builders are responsible for build ability of the design ( drawing).

Finally we can’t say because (Iya abiye ) native doctors is good. Now claims medical Doctors role.

An architect doesn’t build houses, a builder builds houses under the supervision of an architect.

OP wants to know who he’ll give the job to. I recommend an Architect.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
Anyone with basic construction knowledge and can properly interpret a plan can build a house. The collapse we hear of today are as a result of the massive frauds committed on site by the builders. No structural or civil engineer will risk his career by putting less reinforcements on the structural drawings. The problems is either from the client who wants to save more cash then hire a builder or contractor who tells him the reinforcements on the structural drawings are too much, he can find a way around it and still deliver a quality job that's where the problem begins.
What if i say even a copy paste design can still be effective if they are followed on site. Structural drawings says add torsion bars, 3top 16mm reinforcements and 20mm for the gf columns but go to site and you see something totally different, when the building comes down the professionals are being accused when the builder is the one responsible.
An architect can build, so also a civil engineer but will they follow what is on paper? That's the question. It says 1:3:6 on the structural notes grade 30 concrete but who does that anymore, they even go as high as 1:10:10 just because they want more bang for their bucks.
Alot of clients don't do structural drawings anymore, their contractors have convinced them it's irrelevant. A bongallow was to be increased by a floor the contractor told the client not to worry about the structural design, its a waste of funds. However when it crashes tomorrow who wouldn't be blamed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
My dog just gave birth to seven I dash those that love dogs here.

But I know if u dash human being dog, they will not value it.

These dogs are better than so many humans.

@ N50k

Baba more than 20 people whatsapping on this.

Brabus

U have one only u

The rest will pay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
hslbroker2:
My dog just gave birth to seven I dash those that love dogs here

Beautiful dog...oya i need am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
hslbroker2:
My dog just gave birth to seven I dash those that love dogs here
I need o boss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
You are an engineer and you approve the above pipe for your electrical decking piping? Doesn’t add up at all….

We all know that the pipe in the attached picture are inferior.. for decking piping high quality dignity pipe is recommended!!! Now we have to start laying pipes on the floor… something I hate much.

Nearly all the pipes are blocked!!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
There are standard for all project… let’s adhere to it.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
hslbroker2:

I will still it.

@ N50k

All vaccine

Dash me. I will value it. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
n3xt:

Dash me. I will value it. grin
u have it all

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Abudu2000:
Anyone with basic construction knowledge and can properly interpret a plan can build a house. The collapse we hear of today are as a result of the massive frauds committed on site by the builders. No structural or civil engineer will risk his career by putting less reinforcements on the structural drawings. The problems is either from the client who wants to save more cash then hire a builder or contractor who tells him the reinforcements on the structural drawings are too much, he can find a way around it and still deliver a quality job that's where the problem begins.
What if i say even a copy paste design can still be effective if they are followed on site. Structural drawings says add torsion bars, 3top 16mm reinforcements and 20mm for the gf columns but go to site and you see something totally different, when the building comes down the professionals are being accused when the builder is the one responsible.
An architect can build, so also a civil engineer but will they follow what is on paper? That's the question. It says 1:3:6 on the structural notes grade 30 concrete but who does that anymore, they even go as high as 1:10:10 just because they want more bang for their bucks.
Alot of clients don't do structural drawings anymore, their contractors have convinced them it's irrelevant. A bongallow was to be increased by a floor the contractor told the client not to worry about the structural design, its a waste of funds. However when it crashes tomorrow who wouldn't be blamed.

I think you’re missing my point. That I recommend that the building job be given to an Architect is not saying that he’s the one building the house. He’s merely the lead person and who brings in the other trades like structural engineer and masons, as an example.

The piss poor finished houses in Nigeria is as a result of lack of proper interpretation by masons with no architectural oversight. In my opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2021
hslbroker2:
u have it all

How can I thank you?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I think you’re missing my point. That I recommend that the building job be given to an Architect is not saying that he’s the one building the house. He’s merely the lead person and who brings in the other trades like structural engineer and masons, as an example.

The piss poor finished houses in Nigeria is as a result of lack of proper interpretation by masons with no architectural oversight. In my opinion.
clients understands what they are getting into when they have a mason handle their contract so when such building falls like the house of cards they can easily move on. Some clients have this belief that someone who has built over 10 houses knows the job when it could be that the person is just doing rubbish and getting away with it. Clients only do drawings for drawing sake, what they do on site is totally different. I keep saying this any engineer or contractor who doesn't know how to design or produce drawings shouldn't be executing any construction job. How do you know what to do when you can make the drawing presentation?
Structural analysis are done with the help of analysis softwares with a combination of engineering experience and manual calculations too. The software can give Y16 but a structural engineer will have some reasons to up it. When the project begins the contractor decides to use Y12 and his reason is that the hotel he built on a lagoon was done with Y12 and it stood firmly grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
hslbroker2:

@ N50k

All vaccine

Baba more than 20 people whatsapping on this.

Brabus

U have one only u

The rest will pay

I no get money o. Dash me one
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
n3xt:

How can I thank you?
you have done so much bro, you deserve best here.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boyestick: 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2021
Pls what is the attached paint called ?the grey one,its looks like the old texcoat but its not,thank you for your help.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Successful delivered already installed
Your Spanish wooden tiles available here
Blessed sunny Spanish dealer cheesy
Thanks D Boss patronizing

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
Tyrolean. It's actually cement and sand mixture that is sprayed with a flicker. Then painted with normal paints when dried.
boyestick:
Pls what is the attached paint called ?the grey one,its looks like the old texcoat but its not,thank you for your help.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boyestick: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
gordonbarrett:
Tyrolean. It's actually cement and sand mixture that is sprayed with a flicker. Then painted with normal paints when dried.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
twinskenny:
I need o boss

Kenny have one too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:52am On Nov 12, 2021
gordonbarrett:

Thanks for sharing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 3:02am On Nov 12, 2021
hslbroker2:

I dont understand this part.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 5:27am On Nov 12, 2021
Nero2424:

I dont understand this part.

Because if u feed a dog for a year, he or she will remember you a life time.

Humans can spend a life time with you, and still tell you what have you done, even unto their God that create them.

They even kill their own saviour Jesus.

They do lesbians and gayings.

Sodoming and Gomorring

Which animals don't do.

??

Why ? Humans do these.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:21am On Nov 12, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 6:46am On Nov 12, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:54am On Nov 12, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mythy70(m), Aduragbemi45(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.