Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4414894 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2021
Alternatives To Door Subframe Any ideas?

Pros, Amateurs, Baba Latis & Jack-of-all-trades
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:09am On Nov 12, 2021
n3xt:
Alternatives To Door Subframe Any ideas?

Pros, Amateurs, Baba Latis & Jack-of-all-trades

Visit http://www.kobocity.com

For more updates
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

An architect doesn’t build houses, a builder builds houses under the supervision of an architect.

OP wants to know who he’ll give the job to. I recommend an Architect.
correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:20am On Nov 12, 2021
hslbroker2:
My dog just gave birth to seven I dash those that love dogs here.

But I know if u dash human being dog, they will not value it.

These dogs are better than so many humans.

@ N50k

Baba more than 20 people whatsapping on this.

Brabus

U have one only u

The rest will pay
nurse am when e grow, I will buy @ 50k, but a dog will never be better than a human being, even if the person is without legs and arms. A dog will always be a dog

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:08am On Nov 12, 2021
BrickDevo:
nurse am when e grow, I will buy @ 50k, but a dog will never be better than a human being, even if the person is without legs and arms. A dog will always be a dog
dog can serve two purposes.

A pet and a good source of protein.

Good morning and please check out my new job

https://www.nairaland.com/6845828/lets-build-beautiful-gate

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:06am On Nov 12, 2021
#Fact
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

An architect doesn’t build houses, a builder builds houses under the supervision of an architect.

OP wants to know who he’ll give the job to. I recommend an Architect.
Exactly.
An architect's job is to supervise when it comes to building construction. (From start to finish)
He/she must make sure all things are done accordingly. All other consultants too would contribute, they ensure their areas in which they are involved in a project are well done.
In mega projects, an architect will issue a certificate of completion to a contractor or builder in charge of such project.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:26am On Nov 12, 2021
uncleteeh:

Exactly.
An architect's job is to supervise when it comes to building construction. (From start to finish)
He/she must make sure all things are done accordingly. All other consultants too would contribute, they ensure their areas in which they are involved in a project are well done.
In mega projects, an architect will issue a certificate of completion to a contractor or builder in charge of such project.

Hehehe not any more in Nigeria o some people don’t respect their callings anymore…

You see an architect collecting an electrical installation job and all… whatever they say is available they will take it!! Reason we have so many bad installations all around
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:33am On Nov 12, 2021
twinskenny:

Hehehe not any more in Nigeria o some people don’t respect their callings anymore…

You see an architect collecting an electrical installation job and all… whatever they say is available they will take it!! Reason we have so many bad installations all around
If he collects such, he will call ur type to get it done sir.
Or will he do it himself?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 9:44am On Nov 12, 2021
hslbroker2:

@ N50k

Brabus

U have one only u

The rest will pay
where are the dogs? Are they those small doughnuts like lying fown there?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:47am On Nov 12, 2021
uncleteeh:

only a few will call our type to do such job… they prefer to call a road side or look for an apprentice somewhere.. just to maximize profit.

Kudos to an Engr like Aventure he always look out for us…

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Okikirealboi(m): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
A 3 bedroom flat all room en-suit just 2 minutes drive to main road express (uncompleted structure)

Call or WhatsApp @ 07037720028

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
hslbroker2:

Because if u feed a dog for a year, he or she will remember you a life time.

Humans can spend a life time with you, and still tell you what have you done, even unto their God that create them.

They even kill their own saviour Jesus.

They do lesbians and gayings.

Sodoming and Gomorring

Which animals don't do.

??

Why ? Humans do these.

I typically don't get involved with religion, politics and sports on here. But this opinion of yours has been duly noted. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
uncleteeh:

An Architect in the USA will vet and hire a licensed electrical contractor because at the end of the day it's the Architects license and insurance that's on the line.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I think you’re missing my point. That I recommend that the building job be given to an Architect is not saying that he’s the one building the house. He’s merely the lead person and who brings in the other trades like structural engineer and masons, as an example.

The piss poor finished houses in Nigeria is as a result of lack of proper interpretation by masons with no architectural oversight. In my opinion.
You are on point

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
twinskenny:
only a few will call our type to do such job… they prefer to call a road side or look for an apprentice somewhere.. just to maximize profit.

Kudos to an Engr like Aventure he always look out for us…

A professional won't do that

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Biztech05:

Role of an Architect in construction

Architects are in charge of design and project planning, and they are also responsible for the visual appearance of buildings and structures. ... Architects have several responsibilities during all stages of a project, from the initial drafts and meetings to the inauguration of a building

Note; several responsibilities means to check design working drawing specifications in accordance with interpretation!

What can make an architect carry out building construction is to have dual experience and certificate

Role of a BUILDER in construction

His role in building development process in general, is to construct the building. He does this by taking charge of the activities on a building construction site in translating designs, working drawings, schedules and specifications into a physical structure.

Here builders are responsible for build ability of the design ( drawing).

Finally we can’t say because (Iya abiye ) native doctors is good. Now claims medical Doctors role.

Thank God you know your roles as a builder

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Xocan: 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
hslbroker2:

@ N50k

Brabus

U have one only u

The rest will pay
location so I can pay and pick it up if you serious?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
Horlardorjah:

A professional won't do that

Most definitely.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

An Architect in the USA will vet and hire a licensed electrical contractor because at the end of the day it's the Architects license and insurance that's on the line.

Yeah.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaolu11(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
Pls house, what is the cost of setting 2100 blocks(foundation to dpc excluded). The structure is a 3 bedroom ensuite at Ijebu, Ogun state. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
twinskenny:
You are an engineer and you approve the above pipe for your electrical decking piping? Doesn’t add up at all….

We all know that the pipe in the attached picture are inferior.. for decking piping high quality dignity pipe is recommended!!! Now we have to start laying pipes on the floor… something I hate much.

Nearly all the pipes are blocked!!

Was on site to see for myself, it was an eyesore.

Most of the plumbing pipes are blocked and unusable.

Some broken (Both electrical and plumbing pipes)

The plumbing engineer is left with no choice than to re-pipe some places.

Alot of other issues here and there.

Let me sort what's sortable first before anything else.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
twinskenny:
You are an engineer and you approve the above pipe for your electrical decking piping? Doesn’t add up at all….

We all know that the pipe in the attached picture are inferior.. for decking piping high quality dignity pipe is recommended!!! Now we have to start laying pipes on the floor… something I hate much.

Nearly all the pipes are blocked!!

The electrical installer and building supervisor need to be flogged

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
hslbroker2:

@ N50k

Brabus

U have one only u

The rest will pay

What breed is it?

I'll need one if still available.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi4eze(m): 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
Please, how much should be the ideal price for a tank stand for a bungalow. Proposing to have just one jp tank. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
uncleteeh:

Exactly.
In a nutshell, the Architect is the Prime Consultant in every building project.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
somehow:

Was on site to see for myself, it was an eyesore.

Most of the plumbing pipes are blocked and unusable.

Some broken (Both electrical and plumbing pipes)

The plumbing engineer is left with no choice than to re-pipe some places.

Alot of other issues here and there.

Let me sort what's sortable first before anything else.

It's just pathetic, tell the plumbing engineer, to get concentrated hydrochloric Acid, this will dissolve all the concrete in the pipe, leave it for 24hrs, you might need to cap it in the duct, with this you will have your pipe back instead of re-piping, let him check for leakage too, I don't trust mushin guys,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
For MEP design and installation, check my dm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
chidi4eze:
Please, how much should be the ideal price for a tank stand for a bungalow. Proposing to have just one jp tank. Thanks.
budget 400,000. But if you go for galvanized pipes,it will be significantly cheaper.

For 400,000 what you get is 4 by 2 H channel for the stand and same for the load bearing. 3 by 1½ for the poline.

Then the basement should be casted with ¾" foundation rods by 3ft long.

But if you have it sunk into the earth,it will cost around 280-320,000 depending on your location and your negotiating skills.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
Most of them are leaking/broken.
Some were installed wrongly too.

The most affected of the conduit pipes are those for electrical wires.

abuiltech:

It's just pathetic, tell the plumbing engineer, to get concentrated hydrochloric Acid, this will dissolve all the concrete in the pipe, leave it for 24hrs, you might need to cap it in the duct, with this you will have your pipe back instead of re-piping, let him check for leakage too, I don't trust mushin guys,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
Please who don buy iron within the week especially in the past two days.

Every engineer should modify their quotation right now. Don't say I didn't tell you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi4eze(m): 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
michlins:
budget 400,000. But if you go for galvanized pipes,it will be significantly cheaper.

For 400,000 what you get is 4 by 2 H channel for the stand and same for the load bearing. 3 by 1½ for the poline.

Then the basement should be casted with ¾" foundation rods by 3ft long.

But if you have it sunk into the earth,it will cost around 280-320,000 depending on your location and your negotiating skills.

Good luck
Thank you!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mikeshine(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.