Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4372267 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) (2574) (2575) (2576) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2021
coldcandy:

Sorry sir. This is so painful. Knowing your desire for excellence, I'm surprised you didn't do due diligence on the plumber/electrician.
Anything embedded in the concrete must be properly supervised.

I didn't pick the plumber/electrician that did the conduit piping. Everyone (or most) on this thread know the history of the project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
rotecch77:

I suggested the gauge I always used without Leakage issue.
I don’t have time to carry out repair on Aluminum roof always

A decade plus ago, I decided to give 0.35 gauge a shot on my personal project called Chateau De Brabus

Here’s what it look like after several years. No maintenance, no worries.

The thickness of the gauge is not always the cause of roof leakage but bad installation.

Some might think I got lucky. Villa Rosa which is the next build beside my chateau had a similar gauge installed on it, though it has faded we’ve never had to fix a thing on the roofs.

But I’ve seen .75 gauge roof that’s leaking and I've seen stonecoated tiles that got replaced within first year of install.
Expensive doesn’t really make it better.

Person wey no get money must have sense grin

cc: Dongc

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emynike2001(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2021
kings & queens court*

*�LOCATION:* kings and queens court is strategically located within Boun Community, along Simawa Road, just after RCCG New Auditorium. It is just about 5 mins drive from the new Auditorium

*TITLE*
The title of this property is Registered Survey

*WHAT IS IN OFFER IN kings & queens court*

We have both Land and Apartments selling in kings & queens court.

Phase 1 is selling both Land and Apartments
Phase 2 has only Land offers presently

*LAND & PRICES*

*PHASE 1*
300sqm - 2.8m
500sqm - 4m

*PHASE 2*
250sqm - Actual price 1.3m, now PROMO PRICE IS N650K

400sqm - Actual price 2m, now PROMO PRICE IS 1M

500sqm - Actual price is 2.8m, now PROMO PRICE IS N1.4M

*APARTMENTS*
Apartments are selling offline for now & *All APARTMENTS come in FINISHED form*

*TYPES OF APARTMENT*

*� BUNGALOWS (OMO OBA)*
➡️2 Bedroom Semi Detached - 10.5m
➡️3 Bedroom Semi Detached - 13m
NOW 10% DISCOUNT

*� MULTIPLE FAMILY APARTMENTS*
➡️ 1 Bedroom - 9m
➡️ 2 Bedrooms - 11m
➡️ 3 Bedrooms - 15m
NOW 10% DISCOUNT

*� TERRACE APARTMENTS*
➡️2 Bedrooms + BQ - 15m
➡️3 Bedrooms + BQ - 20m
Now 10% DISCOUNT

*� DETACHED DUPLEXES*
➡️ 4 Bedroom Detached Duplex + BQ - 35m
NOW 10% DISCOUNT

*DIRECTION*
�From Berger take Bus going to Mowe. Alight at LOTTO Bus Stop (just before Mowe and board a Bike to the Estate (3rd turning to ur left after the RCCG New Auditorium)

� If you are driving, turn at Asese. You enter take the Christ Embassy entrance and drive thru the RCCG New Auditorium and come out on Simawa Road. Then take the 3rd turn to ur left. Alternatively, take the main Asese road & keep driving till u hit the Simawa Road. Then after the RCCG New Auditorium, take turn to ur left

*INSPECTION*
Choose any day within the week then get back to us.

*� ATTRACTIONS*

� It is BUY & BUILD NOW!
� Within the RCCG vicinity & close to Lagos Ibadan Express Way & Christ Embassy Campground in Asese
� Installment option available
� Strategic location
� Estate Neighbourhood

NOTE: This promo .end 31st November 2021...Hurry while offer lasts..

For more enquiries, site inspection etc, pls call or WhatsApp 2348038781738

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21izMUmw-f4

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2021
folmus:

It's still raining now. wink wink wink
I don't understand why commodities get affected by seasons in Nigeria.
Even during festivities, na so transport money dey gara.
This country is just something else.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
micgray100:
Engineering tools and machinery hiring is what I intend to do when I retire from service...

I am aware of the unwanted risk and arguments that could lead to police case...

As a retiree later... I will have all time for police case which will later be exercise prescription grin grin grin

For now.....We still into cooperate Business consulting...

I wouldn't advice you wait till retirement before executing this idea.
Lay ur hand on whatever you can afford now that ur blood is still hot and your bones are very strong sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
topsy23:

1.5m can not build 3bwdroom bungalow now oooo... Building materials are expensive these days

See where the client specifically said "2100 Blocks alone and setting...

Let me try break it down...

2100 Blocks @ 280 each .........588,000
Sand for shocking 2100 blocks ( 3trips @ 60k each)....180,000
Cement for shocking ( 1 bag for 40 blocks).. 52 bags.......210,000
Labour...80naira per block. 200,000
Water and logistics.....
Omonile....
Supervision.......

we looking at 1,200,000 already without amount for the last two item..

1.5million is a fair price for good job..

But you free to cut corners o... cos na naija we dey... I pray we get over that mentality...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emynike2001(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
emynike2001:
kings & queens court*

*�LOCATION:* kings and queens court is strategically located within Boun Community, along Simawa Road, just after RCCG New Auditorium. It is just about 5 mins drive from the new Auditorium

*TITLE*
The title of this property is Registered Survey

*WHAT IS IN OFFER IN kings & queens court*

We have both Land and Apartments selling in kings & queens court.

Phase 1 is selling both Land and Apartments
Phase 2 has only Land offers presently

*LAND & PRICES*

*PHASE 1*
300sqm - 2.8m
500sqm - 4m

*PHASE 2*
250sqm - Actual price 1.3m, now PROMO PRICE IS N650K

400sqm - Actual price 2m, now PROMO PRICE IS 1M

500sqm - Actual price is 2.8m, now PROMO PRICE IS N1.4M

*APARTMENTS*
Apartments are selling offline for now & *All APARTMENTS come in FINISHED form*

*TYPES OF APARTMENT*

*� BUNGALOWS (OMO OBA)*
➡️2 Bedroom Semi Detached - 10.5m
➡️3 Bedroom Semi Detached - 13m
NOW 10% DISCOUNT

*� MULTIPLE FAMILY APARTMENTS*
➡️ 1 Bedroom - 9m
➡️ 2 Bedrooms - 11m
➡️ 3 Bedrooms - 15m
NOW 10% DISCOUNT

*� TERRACE APARTMENTS*
➡️2 Bedrooms + BQ - 15m
➡️3 Bedrooms + BQ - 20m
Now 10% DISCOUNT

*� DETACHED DUPLEXES*
➡️ 4 Bedroom Detached Duplex + BQ - 35m
NOW 10% DISCOUNT

*DIRECTION*
�From Berger take Bus going to Mowe. Alight at LOTTO Bus Stop (just before Mowe and board a Bike to the Estate (3rd turning to ur left after the RCCG New Auditorium)

� If you are driving, turn at Asese. You enter take the Christ Embassy entrance and drive thru the RCCG New Auditorium and come out on Simawa Road. Then take the 3rd turn to ur left. Alternatively, take the main Asese road & keep driving till u hit the Simawa Road. Then after the RCCG New Auditorium, take turn to ur left

*INSPECTION*
Choose any day within the week then get back to us.

*� ATTRACTIONS*

� It is BUY & BUILD NOW!
� Within the RCCG vicinity & close to Lagos Ibadan Express Way & Christ Embassy Campground in Asese
� Installment option available
� Strategic location
� Estate Neighbourhood

NOTE: This promo .end 31st November 2021...Hurry while offer lasts..

For more enquiries, site inspection etc, pls call or WhatsApp 2348038781738

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21izMUmw-f4

I was on Lagos talk Radio this morning concerning this our 50% PROMO PRICE DISCOUNT, in a call in Radio show, some of you could have heard me. It's a great opportunity to buy now because immediately after this promo all our prices will return back to its actual prices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2021
n3xt:

A decade plus ago, I decided to give 0.35 gauge a shot on my personal project called Chateau De Brabus

The thickness of the gauge is not always the cause of roof leakage but bad installation.

Some might think I got lucky. Villa Rosa which is the next build beside my chateau had a similar gauge installed on it, though it has faded we’ve never had to fix a thing on the roofs.

But I’ve seen .75 gauge roof that’s leaking and I've seen stonecoated tiles that got replaced within first year of install.

That your 0.35 is what people called 0.45 today and thank God you have much time to get the best product and monitor the project then if not what happened in year 1880 will reoccurs again

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2021
uncleteeh:

I wouldn't advice you wait till retirement before executing this idea.
Lay ur hand on whatever you can afford now that ur blood is still hot and your bones are very strong sir.
Thanks for the advice my Oga.. Each time I tell my colleagues I want to retire earlier than the mandatory 35 years in service or 60years age which ever comes first... the way they look at me is very funny... They say that is when I could see more kick backs in the service... Naija mentality again... cutting corners even in the service.... We all to blame...

However, on your advice... time shall tell... naija is still a case study...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2021
emynike2001:

I was on Lagos talk Radio this morning concerning this our 50% PROMO PRICE DISCOUNT, in a call in Radio show, some of you could have heard me. It's a great opportunity to buy now because immediately after this promo all our prices will return back to its actual prices.

Ok. I will wait for after promo. Because in naija there is always promo after promo

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
rotecch77:

That your 0.35 is what people called 0.45 today and thank God you have much time to get the best product and monitor the project then if not what happened in year 1880 will reoccurs again

Interestingly I wasn’t there to monitor the project at all.

As a matter of fact, I visited the project a year after it was painted. I did most of the jobs remotely and through other people but I gave them freehand to work.

The only thing I didn’t do is to rush myself during the roofing stage grin

If you check the thread where I shared about my roofing in 2011, my woodwork waited more than 6 months before we covered it.
I was waiting for my no. 1 roofer Mr. Nnamdi to come for the installation because I no get money for turn-around maintenance.

Even as at that time nobody is buying .35 gauge because they believed the thicker the gauge the better.

_________

The same applies to my wiring. I bought most of my wires from UK against the “naija cable is the best in the world” thesis and my house never burn.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emynike2001(m): 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
coldcandy:

Ok. I will wait for after promo. Because in naija there is always promo after promo

Lol..infact this the lowest we can go as a company this year. 50% discount for land and 10% Discount for Apartments that's massive and not only that we are still giving away bags of rice to our customers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2021
Attn: Ogun Land Owners

Own a land securely in Ogun state when you buy directly from the Ogun State government.

For more information on payment plans, kindly visit: https://olarms.ogunstate.gov.ng/

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
rotecch77:

On dry land as you said, prepare something in region of 18-20m this depends others additional members like parapet or concrete facia, this is south west ballpark figure to the roofing stage with long span Aluminum of 0.55guage

On side note cost estimating is QS professional job it’s just a side work for a Builder based on past and current project experience.

QS guys over to you

Lets everyone stay on there lane.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
spyder880:

No I don't think so, these guys has known me for too long and we always have this agreement. This was how I started building houses in 1998. As a boy then, I will be paying for 15, 20, or even 10 bags of cement at a dealers shop with my salary till I will have about 150 bags. I also did same with rods and all other materials. By the time i move and do a decking to completion, my friends were surprised.

It's a great way to save money for those who cant keep money, as well as a way to defeat inflation. Just do a foundation excavation and then start buying materials and waiting, you will find new reasons to save more and avoid waste. That's how we started investing in properties those early years.

Please remember to do this with only established names, not dealers that can pack up and run away with money tomorrow.

You have a good dealer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2021
Still on roof
This country no dey balance at all o

Sometimes ago someone posted a pics of metacopco Aluminum roof cover painted as stone quoted Gerald roof type and sold such as stone quoted roof cover.
I don’t know how the guy performed the magic
The way people are looking for money henn….

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2021
spyder880:

No I don't think so, these guys has known me for too long and we always have this agreement. This was how I started building houses in 1998. As a boy then, I will be paying for 15, 20, or even 10 bags of cement at a dealers shop with my salary till I will have about 150 bags. I also did same with rods and all other materials. By the time i move and do a decking to completion, my friends were surprised.

It's a great way to save money for those who cant keep money, as well as a way to defeat inflation. Just do a foundation excavation and then start buying materials and waiting, you will find new reasons to save more and avoid waste. That's how we started investing in properties those early years.

Please remember to do this with only established names, not dealers that can pack up and run away with money tomorrow.

You have a good dealer. Around April this year I paid for 600 bags of cement at #3200 at a dealer to pick up in July. At pick up, price changed to 4K. and the dealer insisted on the difference, which we paid. Like they would say, we moved!
Since then, any material I can’t take right away, I don’t bother with it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temizeee(m): 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
Why is flat roof design/hidden roof not really common concept of roofing in this country… they seem cool and elegant…

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
sonnie10:

You have a good dealer. Around April this year I paid for 600 bags of cement at #3200 at a dealer to pick up in July. At pick up, price changed to 4K. and the dealer insisted on the difference, which we paid. Like they would say, we moved!
Since then, any material I can’t take right away, I don’t bother with it.
bro na you loose guard oh.

Heaven will fall and meet hell and I will still take my goods without adding a single kobo. If we drag police join,all the expenses will be your additional costs. Goods I purchased two months ago, I just took delivery yesterday and no stories

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2021
n3xt:

Wow are you serious 0.35 that’s like a thickness of aluminum foil unbelievable, I have never used any less then 0.55 thickness. An interested subject issue to discuss. Lets
have deep view about it from the experts in the house. I have always wondering about the thickness of those aluminum under the stones coats and the weights, again why are some of them faded? Are those ones not original. I’ve not seen any faded or defects ones in west despite the fact they have the most harsh weather in there climates. Many of them has been installed for over 70 years without any maintenance, still looks good till date.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
michlins:
bro na you loose guard oh.

Heaven will fall and meet hell and I will still take my goods without adding a single kobo. If we drag police join,all the expenses will be your additional costs. Goods I purchased two months ago, I just took delivery yesterday and no stories

We abroad people, whatever they tell us is what we accept.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
micgray100:

Thanks for the advice my Oga.. Each time I tell my colleagues I want to retire earlier than the mandatory 35 years in service or 60years age which ever comes first... the way they look at me is very funny... They say that is when I could see more kick backs in the service... Naija mentality again... cutting corners even in the service.... We all to blame...

However, on your advice... time shall tell... naija is still a case study...
Hahahah, its been a case study when we're kids. 55 years plus on auto pilot now, lol.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
temizeee:
Why is flat roof design/hidden roof not really common concept of roofing in this country… they seem cool and elegant…

This still falls within the premises of what is been discussed (roofing sheet thickness and all)

planning/design is everything, and it should be gotten right from inception. Most atimes it’s not about the roofing sheet thickness but the installation process.

In the construction of flat roof, you must show the water where to go and how it can self drain effectively, also pay attention to the part where the roofing sheet meets the wall

About flat roof not been common, not everybody likes it and some people already have a fixed mindset that you will have to do a yearly maintenance on it.
Meanwhile most people have embraced it especially people in the island (Lagos)

Attached is a design we did recently, we were driving pass yesterday and I took a shoot smiley

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2021
Show the runoff where to go

On this project, we simply sloped it away from the building.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
kopell:
Wow are you serious 0.35 that’s like a thickness of aluminum foil unbelievable, I have never used any less then 0.55 thickness. An interested subject issue to discuss. Lets
have deep view about it from the experts in the house.
I have always wondering about the thickness of those aluminum under the stones coats and the weights, again why are some of them faded? Are those ones not original. I’ve not seen any faded or defects ones in west despite the fact they have the most harsh weather in there climates. Many of them has been installed for over 70 years without any maintenance, still looks good till date.

I’ll be happy to have experts view on this as well.

On the issue of fading, this has a lot to do with the quality of the resin used in paint to bake the aluminum coil.

70 years is possible if right materials are used in the paint system. What they always sell us is “oven-baked”, what we failed to ask them is what materials was used to bake the coil?

It’s like going to the market to buy “very strong gum/adhesive” because someone claimed it’s strong but the question to ask is “what class is it?”

Is it class 0 or class 1 adhesive? That’s how you determine the strength of a gum

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2021
spyder880:

My brother, change is not easy here at all, prices soaring away everyday. The only people I pity are those that are owing me for all the materials I paid for over 3 months ago. I have many rods, and about 350 bags of cement with two different dealers waiting for collection. 100 bags at N3,000 each and 250 bags at N3,150. I hope they won't fight me when I come to pick the cement later this month.

There will be fight o..

I paid 500k to cover about 147 bags of cement.

Needed it this week and they only supplied 135 bags because price increased from 3400 to 4000.

After all the whole back n forth.. they gave me only 6 bags more..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
For your contemporary Building designs, contact us today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
Check our signature @ profile
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
Charisdesigns:

This still falls within the premises of what is been discussed (roofing sheet thickness and all)

planning/design is everything, and it should be gotten right from inception. Most atimes it’s not about the roofing sheet thickness but the installation process.

In the construction of flat roof, you must show the water where to go and how it can self drain effectively, also pay attention to the part where the roofing sheet meets the wall

grin

Some guys were roofing 2 building in front of one of my project and I told the guys “This roof will leak.” They quickly reject it in Jesus name.

Eventually it leaked this week after the installation of the POPs.

The failure of flat roofs most time starts from the roof design. If the span is too long, it’ll leak no matter your lapping or the corrugation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Charisdesigns:
Show the runoff where to go

On this project, we simply sloped it away from the building.

Nice one. Stop the water before it stops you.

________

I’m doing an interesting one on this project. The water is meant to hit the tower directly but we’d show it where it belongs.

Before now, the people who worked on it were trying to use concrete, felt, gum, asphalt, tiles to stop the water grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
rotecch77:

I suggested the gauge I always used without Leakage issue.
I don’t have time to carry out repair on Aluminum roof always
My 1st personal house built 14 years ago was roofed with asbestos and one other building for a Client ( relative) was the only two building I used such All others are 0.55guage Aluminum or Gerald step tiles ..
I don’t use anything lesser than this

Understandably your suggestions are your choice of materials..and this is how you choose to work.. thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) (2574) (2575) (2576) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.