Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388598 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) (2589) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

₦5K before ooo angry

I’ll have to check my register but I think I used to pay N3,500 when I first landed in 2019.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’ll have to check my register but I think I used to pay N3,500 when I first landed in 2019.

That's actually correct, half used to be ₦1750/₦1800 .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

That's actually correct, half used to be ₦1750/₦1800 .

So even though I live off of USA pension we’re still in this Buhari period together embarassed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
coldcandy:

Let him speak for himself. He is reading.
He is just ignoring useless comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

I believe “We are our own Problem” some greedy fellows benefits from the inflation hence the reason they're ready to create problems for whomever tries to solve the issue.

They even create fake scarcity.

We need a Lasting solution.

Gas is now 900 per kg. ❌

So, you're not a greedy fellow?

Oya, open your own gas plant and sell us gas for #400 per kg?

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
...like yours, his mouthpiece.

sonnie10:

He is just ignoring useless comments

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Imagine some retailers/middlemen/suppliers Already selling POP cement for ₦9K. Something we usually buy for ₦2k or even less before Absurdity

That free market is now filled with bunch of thieves.

If I were you, I will become a middleman and be selling the item for #1,200 per bag instead of talking yama yama yama here like a yamaha generator.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 300wayne: 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
DrGoodman:

If I were you, I will become a middleman and be selling the item for #1,200 per bag instead of talking yama yama yama here like a yamaha generator.
Don't be an ignert

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
KolaShangOne:

It's achievable. That's one of the ways we can achieve balance and control greedy capitalist middlemen / retailers.

But Nigeria is a free market".

If only we can cap cement at say 3200. If you sell more, they lock up your shop!

If we have a govt controlled pricinh on granite supply. Iron supply, etc..

Let Govt. also control percentages paid to Engineers / contractors..

It will add a bit of stability to every industry.

So many people went to school and got distinction in other courses, but they ended up as economic illiterates.

Imagine what an educated person is proposing?

You cap cement price at #3,200?

You didn't cap foreign exchange
You didn't cap limestone cost
You didn't cap power supply
You didn't cap road maintenance and other infrastructure necessary for smooth logistics
You didn't cap import duties
You didn't cap double, triple taxation
You didn't cap interest rates

You just wake up in the morning and cap cement prices?

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
I hate it when people start fighting each other when the government is beating them up.

That's double jeopardy.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
somehow:

I would not mind if you post the information here.

I mean what they have to offer.
I like that open book idea �

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
I always deliver topnotch

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
somehow:

I would not mind if you post the information here.

I mean what they have to offer.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2021
PrimeQuay:

I’m not a fan of government intervention is business because it’s requires a responsible government for it to work and most are not especially not Nigeria. People will still take advantage of the system e.g Fuel subsidy, Fertilizer.

I bought 12.5kg gas for 9,000 yesterday. A 100% increase from 1 year ago.

Nigerians which way forward.

Energy prices are high lately...infact it's going up even more....projection says it's going to be more expensive in months ahead...tough and expensive winter...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
somehow:

Greed

An average Nigerian is greedy and ready to extort everyone around him/her without blinking an eye.

Then government not being able to regulate prices/control ultra-capitalism

It’s well fá
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
megacontrol:
...like yours, his mouthpiece.

Ever heard of freedom of speech?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
PrimeQuay:

I have some quote on electrical supplies, can you help with prices location is Igboefon I will handle delivery cost

1. 3 by 3 eight packets
2. 3 by 6 six packets
3. 20mm malebush three packets
4. 20mm coupler four packets
5. 25mm malebush one packet
6. 25mm coupler two packets

Thanks

You can reach me on
Can deliver Tommorow Morning
All ORIGINAL diginity accessories

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
michlins:
I always deliver topnotch
Master piece!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
DrGoodman:

So many people went to school and got distinction in other courses, but they ended up as economic illiterates.

Imagine what an educated person is proposing?

You cap cement price at #3,200?

You didn't cap foreign exchange
You didn't cap limestone cost
You didn't cap power supply
You didn't cap road maintenance and other infrastructure necessary for smooth logistics
You didn't cap import duties
You didn't cap double, triple taxation
You didn't cap interest rates

You just wake up in the morning and cap cement prices?

They dint cap labour , professional fees also grin grin

They are still taking the labour charge of a year or 2 ago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:15pm On Nov 18, 2021
Fake distribution board fake cable
The result is inevitable…

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
twinskenny:
Fake distribution board fake cable
The result is inevitable…
Where is this report emancipating from?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Nigeria economy is actually just "Anywhrre belle face"

No regulations. No price controls. Excessive greed.

We will need at least 3-4months before prices start dropping.. which will also be borne out of competition and not government regulation.

Maybe it will drop in 3/4 months with new stocks , might not also , cash btw 540 and 550 now , transfer like 10 naira more , we are all praying it goes down more , there is hardship

Don’t think people see Gain of 100 or 200 % , competition will ensure that ,Am about to import pop Boards and profiles from Turkey ,had a pfi , calculated everything based on current realities , will save about 2 to 3k par board , 20 to 30 % max , suddenly manufacturer informs they will advise on new prices soon as Price of gas as gone up , still waiting

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
[quote author=walexProjects post=107744136][/quote]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by eliteweb(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
Any CONS using Suspended ceiling in a personal house?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
eliteweb:
Any CONS using Suspended ceiling in a personal house?
it depends on type
For pop Celings it works well but for grid concealed Celing usually seen in banks and offices i won't recommend it, easily stains and might not last long

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
The likely problem here is that either your appointed building supervisor underquoted or making unnecessary claims. This problem would have been avoided if a detailed independent Resource Schedule (Schedule of materials and Labour) was prepared at the start of the project because such document will breakdown the material and labour needs of each item of work and the scope of work for you. Demanding an extra 250k when you didn't alter the initial scope of work nor add additional work to the original scope of work is questionable.

To give an objective solution, I'll advise you post his quotation along with the drawings here if you've any, which form the basis on which the work was awarded to him. I'll peruse the quote and drawings to see if his claim is fair or he's just out there to take advantage of a naive client.

Lolall:
Builders in the house please weigh in.

At the start of my project my builder billed me for 215 bags of cement. I assumed this would cover the entire project (putting up a 3 bed flat that the foundation had already been laid and adding a room to the bq already at the back of the property).

However we've gotten to the tiling and now he's saying I need to pay 250k extra for cement, sand, etc to tile the new apartment. (According to him the tiling for the bq was included in the 215 bags).

Please is this accurate or is he trying to pull a fast one here?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jworos(m): 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
Good evening guys, I'm kinda new here, and researching for what it would cost to raise a 4 bedroom duplex.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
We're still in the business of offering project management and quantity surveying services to our teeming clients. The synopsis of our services include;

1) Preparing a feasibility report/study on proposed projects. Feasibility report/study addresses issues such as buildability of the proposed structures, legal constraints, planning regulations and approvals, land use act etc.

2) Preparing programme of work for a proposed project. This seeks to establish timelines of execution of critical milestones of a project. With a programme of work, we can establish critical events that could fast track or delay a project.

3) Acting as a project manager through the conceptualization to schematic design to detailed design to execution of the project on behalf of clients. We can coordinate the activities of the design team -Architect, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors etc on behalf of the client and also extend the role during project execution.

4) Acting as a contract manager for our teeming clients. Contract management issues border on varying subjects of interests such as legal aspect of the project execution such as possession of site, issuing and honouring certificate of payment, variation, fluctuations, additional works, retention fees, bond (guarantee, performance etc), defects liability period etc.

5) Quantity surveying services which include preparation of bill of quantities (estimated cost of construction), resources schedule (breakdown of quantity and cost of materials and labour needs for a project) etc.

6) And lots more.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
jworos:
Good evening guys, I'm kinda new here, and researching for what it would cost to raise a 4 bedroom duplex.
cool you are welcome, raising it for yourself or for someone? we might need the design for proper analysis, location info needed too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by eliteweb(m): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
BrickDevo:
it depends on type
For pop Celings it works well but for grid concealed Celing usually seen in banks and offices i won't recommend it, easily stains and might not last long

At Bolded is what am thinking of using.

Please anyone with experience in Grid concealed Ceiling.?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
eliteweb:

At Bolded is what am thinking of using.

Please anyone with experience in Grid concealed Ceiling.?
you really want to use it? why you feel it will save cost or you just like it, what is the reason of choice? Before i tell you some deep things about it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by eliteweb(m): 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2021
BrickDevo:
you really want to use it? why you feel it will save cost or you just like it, what is the reason of choice? Before i tell you some deep things about it

Yes, I like it and I really want something different from POP and PVC.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) (2589) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: topsy23, PrinceLat(m), kebliss(m), n9jaboy, RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.