Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,640 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4414379 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2590) (2591) (2592) (2593) (2594) (2595) (2596) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
uncleteeh:

Hmmm. Lovely.
You are well detailed with the construction.

Thanks sir.
We are hoping to do much more than we are doing in the nearest future.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
justified007:

I am more concerned about the quality of the cables he listed

That's the major concern . Fake cables outside there
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
justified007:

@ twinskenny , Egunmogaji2 I need your inputs sirs

Let me defer to the pros on this. But will add that we did use some 1.0mm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yes we can use 1mm but don't overload the 1mm when using 1mm cable because the maximum current that 1mm can carry is 15A and for the 1.5mm is 24A.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
Pls i need the name of this wood, and i want to know if it is good for roofing? Pls any info will be appreciated here... Thank you.
@next @hslbroker2 @mountmorriah @rotecch77 @spyder880 and all others please.
Some carpenters insisted its for furniture only.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2021
Thank you,

Finally finished the roofing today.

Kudos to everyone building, e no easy.

Roof person grossly underquoted most of the materials, but In all thank God.
micgray100:

Such advice is not correct.... You are free to cover any wooden rafter after installation....
it has no meaning.... the best time to drive a nail into a wood is when it is fresh so that the grip to the nail forms a kind of grip when it drioes...

Makee sure the woods are well treated with wooden chemicals preservatives in a right ratio.. ( Solidgum, anti termite, engine oil and the rest)...

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
topsy23:

Yes we can use 1mm but don't overload the 1mm when using 1mm cable because the maximum current that 1mm can carry is 15A and for the 1.5mm is 24A.

True.

It was in specific areas.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
MrDraey:
Thank you,

Congratulations!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
The house I presently live in has this, unfortunately with every wind that blows, it literally scatters the ceiling.

The owner used it both inside and outside and as I type now the veranda is open.

How can this be rectified, is there a glue/adhesive that can be used to hold it?

n3xt:

Type: T-Grid Type

I’ve really not explored its usage in residential buildings but I don’t think it’ll be a bad idea is if creatively infused into your design

I’ll avoid using it in wet zone and other areas where you need adequate security.

Here are videos of over 800sqm t-grid suspended ceiling installation done by NextHome:

https://fb.watch/9mRfj1r1_0/

https://fb.watch/9mRPdmGRsn/

If you want to explore creative ceiling ideas and alternatives, I’d suggest you visit Great Omegason in Mushin.
You’ll see several alternatives to POP in their shop. Luxury range and affordable ones.

________
Pic 2&3: Suspended Ceiling ideas

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
MrDraey:
Thank you,

Congratulations sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
MrDraey:
The house I presently live in has this, unfortunately with every wind that blows, it literally scatters the ceiling.

The owner used it both inside and outside and as I type now the veranda is open.

How can this be rectified, is there a glue/adhesive that can be used to hold it?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justified007: 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
n3xt:
Fluted Panel + Suspend Ceiling Combination

I’m using this combo for a very small interior makeover project.

Pic 2: Design Inspiration
This fluted panel is made of what pls.?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
dapotemi:
Pls i need the name of this wood, and i want to know if it is good for roofing? Pls any info will be appreciated here... Thank you.
@next @hslbroker2 @mountmorriah @rotecch77 and all others please.

If am not mistaken, the wood is called TEAK
Edited
Correct spelling is TEAK

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
rotecch77:

If am not mistaken, the wood THICK

Yes boss, they call it thick wood.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
dapotemi:

Yes boss, they call it thick wood.
It’s a strong hard wood
It’s highly resistance to weather conditions and has good strength

It’s very good for roofing and furniture work
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
rotecch77:

It’s a strong hard wood

Do i still need to treat it... The seller is saying no need for treatment..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NaBanga: 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

So even though I live off of USA pension we’re still in this Buhari period together embarassed

Hello my fellow Americana. Are you still enjoying Nigeria? It's in poor taste to ask about your social security, but how much would you say is enough to live comfortably at this time?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
MrDraey:

Having this on the exterior is a big error. I did pop board installation on the building envelope in my project while the interior had t-grid suspended ceiling.

To permanently fix this, you need to change all the boards on the exterior part of the building and replace it with any ceiling materials that can make it airtight.

I can’t think of any other alternative except a site visit is conducted. I know there are some powerful adhesive that can be used to glue the boards it I can’t guarantee it’ll make the ceiling airtight or withstand harsh weather conditions.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
bobkezel:

This fluted panel is made of what pls.?

This is made of wood plastic composite (WPC) material.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 12:04am On Nov 21, 2021
MrDraey:
Thank you,

Congrats, can you enlighten us on what was really underquoted. I want to roof soon.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:40am On Nov 21, 2021
rotecch77:

If am not mistaken, the wood is called TEAK
Edited
Correct spelling is TEAK
you are correct this teak woods
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:41am On Nov 21, 2021
rotecch77:

It’s a strong hard wood

correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:03am On Nov 21, 2021
NaBanga:

Hello my fellow Americana. Are you still enjoying Nigeria? It's in poor taste to ask about your social security, but how much would you say is enough to live comfortably at this time?

Nigeria to me is very good, sure it’s not perfect but she hasn’t thrown anything alarming at me that’ll make me want to abandon her. It’s a state of mind.

I’m still some years away from qualifying for SS.

Budget varies and is based on lifestyle of course. I think N100K / month is prudent for a single retiree. Somethings that affects that is if you must have a driver N25K, a MaiGuard N20K, a housemaid N15K.

Good luck on your planning, all in all I regret not making the move sooner than I did but Gods time is the best.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:06am On Nov 21, 2021
MrDraey:
Thank you,

Congratulations. Now onto finishing, the actual money gobbler.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 21, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:59am On Nov 21, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise

https://www.nairaland.com/5349601/pick-quality-wall-floor-tiles

Spanish 60x120 high grade is available for stuck now mak your order my price is affordable

Happy sunday to you all my customers and followers i wish you all best sunday

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:01am On Nov 21, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NaBanga: 7:55am On Nov 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Nigeria to me is very good, sure it’s not perfect but she hasn’t thrown anything alarming at me that’ll make me want to abandon her. It’s a state of mind.

I’m still some years away from qualifying for SS.

Budget varies and is based on lifestyle of course. I think N100K / month is prudent for a single retiree. Somethings that affects that is if you must have a driver N25K, a MaiGuard N20K, a housemaid N15K.

Good luck on your planning, all in all I regret not making the move sooner than I did but Gods time is the best.

Thank you for responding. I love hearing your perspective and wishing you all the best.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2021
NaBanga:

Thank you for responding. I love hearing your perspective and wishing you all the best.

You're welcome and please let me know if you have any other question.

Another NairaLander, QC1 is also back full time based on a thread in another section, we were building around the same time. Na only Oga Erico2K2 e remain make e come home. Then we'll be complete.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:13am On Nov 21, 2021
Good morning to everyone. Happy Sunday to you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinsskenn: 8:18am On Nov 21, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (2590) (2591) (2592) (2593) (2594) (2595) (2596) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: buzzetin(m), nwigwemark and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.