Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4415469 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) (2631) (2632) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2021
topsy23:

There is an estate after Ajah own by a well know man in Lagos . The yearly service charge is 3m and presently a plot is now 200m.
3m yearly even after selling the land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 10:44am On Dec 05, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Really shocked My immediate elder sister was also a product of St Bartholomew school wink

Na why she be better pikin grin grin grin grin
I was the house captain of miller house
The sch is nothing to write home about
Since when maiwada(colio) left that place

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:54am On Dec 05, 2021
topsy23:

There is an estate after Ajah own by a well know man in Lagos . The yearly service charge is 3m and presently a plot is now 200m.

I think I know the estate. If it’s the estate I think it is, I believe the yearly service charge is fair for what the estate is offering.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2021
Born2conquer:

Did electrical installation for an estate around makoko Yaba lagos… service charge yearly is 1.5m…that doesn’t include fueling generators though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2021
Greenarrow01:

Na why she be better pikin grin grin grin grin
I was the house captain of miller house
The sch is nothing to write home about
Since when maiwada(colio) left that place
It seems we have alot of Zaria / KADUNA ( brought up / grew up /
Worked / born people on this thread led by honourable OTUNBA Hajj Mufutau55, what a small world we live in, who knows maybe in the future we might be investing in a Zaria real Estate projects, fingers crossed till then shocked

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:15am On Dec 05, 2021
Born2conquer:

24hrs power supply, water and security fee
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:20am On Dec 05, 2021
n3xt:

I think I know the estate. If it’s the estate I think it is, I believe the yearly service charge is fair for what the estate is offering.

Immediately after Ajah bridge by the right . The environment is nice but still have alot of available plots that are not yet taken. Money is good anyway . We did an MEP installation for a politician inside the estate. The man spent millions on that project. Every single item brought from abroad.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2021
topsy23:

24hrs power supply, water and security fee

Still does not justify 3m yearly. I may be wrong though.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 11:37am On Dec 05, 2021
Royal garden estate!

topsy23:

Immediately after Ajah bridge by the right . The environment is nice but still have alot of available plots that are not yet taken. Money is good anyway . We did an MEP installation for a politician inside the estate. The man spent millions on that project. Every single item brought from abroad.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2021
BiigTee:
Royal garden estate!

Yeah
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Still does not justify 3m yearly. I may be wrong though.
if fuel is inclusive I think it worth it… running generator 24hours no be sma

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
topsy23:

The houses in that estate are something else entirely when it comes to finishing.
The least finishing you’d see there is over #120m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
n3xt:

The houses in that estate are something else entirely when it comes to finishing.
The least finishing you’d see there is over #120m

Yeah you are right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Worked / born people on this thread led by honourable OTUNBA Hajj Mufutau55, what a small world we live in, who knows maybe in the future we might be investing in a Zaria real Estate projects, fingers crossed till then shocked
Same of us here as root growing up in Kaduna. I’m one central Tudun wada , and Lagos. I remember when Hassan Usman Kasitna ordered pulling down entire Mondo town where my dad just finished building his mansion then. They claim the land belongs NDA. Years later it’s was just a trees planting field. Nigeria government on land wahala to much.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
topsy23:

Imagine 200 million for land and we are still talking about generator, what a shame.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 1:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nero2424:

Your juju is powerful, where is the baba located?

Juju ke, I don't think any Juju was involved in her statement, she follows this thread and I think she has seen & read the good, bad and ugly on this thread.

We have some Engineers / building Contractor's with track records of credibility / project delivey without any single complain from clients against them here that you can pay 50million into their account and go to bed without blinking an eyelid and they will deliver your project / house to you without kulikuli stories while at the same time, you also have funny, shady, dodgy characters on here that are wolves in sheepclothing, you give them ordinary 10million Naira to start a building foundation and stories of how Nigeria got independence in. 1960 will start oozing out from them.

Before you engage anyone here carry out due diligence, ask lots of questions both online / offline from different people before you part with your money because we have so many people with dead conscience, once money enters their hands they become something else shocked

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
kopell:
Imagine 200 million for land and we are still talking about generator, what a shame.

200m naira is about $365, 000.00 ( just Land )
Nigerians keep robbing each other

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
kopell:
Its both, I mean 2 family home, one apartment for owner rent free as far he services his mortgage. The second apartment, income rental of average let even say $1,900 monthly, no be like Lagos when tenets pay one year rent and live rent free for 2 years battling case with you in court. This is how many people in the west thinks, that why many many of them with a lot of wealth are not investing in Nigeria. Owning home in Nigeria is to have placed for self. If look at it as business, then you most invest a lot of more money that can even make one more better money in the west.
You are very correct
Let us say SOME cities in US
House $60K
Monthly rent $1k
Total for one year $12K
Can $60k get you dry land and build four flat in lagos?
What will be the rent for the four flat ? let say total N2.2M
If you get your rent N2.2M is $4,500.00
People use your head , I know better
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
GoodFaith:

200m naira is about $365, 000.00 ( just Land )
Nigerians keep robbing each other
Imagine that humongous amount of money, when it’s Naira many people don’t pay attention to how huge it is, until it’s converted to dollars everybody eyes open wide. That amount of money can buy you an average of two family home with average retail income of about $18,000 a year and the landlord may live there rent free for the remaining of his life without owning generator. That’s just for land in Lagos even after all that someone will still be milking you in the name of service and charge up to 3m per year. We are our own problem, people just keep ripping themselves off thinking they are building life when in fact they are building hell for generations to come. I hope the bubble doesn’t burst soon because there’s a limit to how far you can push people:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
rotecch77:
Plastering of this 6bedroom duplex is still in progress
cleaning of site is paramount to us

Please is this screeding or just plastering?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
kopell:

What of banana island .700-850million naira

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
We do pop right… we do screeding and tv wall designs too…

We can travel too

Check put our thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/48

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

Please is this screeding or just plastering?

It’s plastering only
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
Badgers14:

I do admire how clean your building sites are..

If I may ask, do you pay extra for this service or just the workers cleaning up after themselves as part of their regular pay?

Someone asked same question sometimes ago.
Actually it’s part of there daily routine.
But you know Nigeria workers you need to give them token or incentive at times to make them happy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
rotecch77:

Someone asked same question sometimes ago.
Actually it’s part of there daily routine.
But you know Nigeria workers you need to give them token or incentive at times to make them happy
I'm the one.
I also recommend same to other builders here to emulate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
BiigTee:
Royal garden estate!

did a design for a client there since 3months ago, till now i never chop the money finish grin grin

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
kopell:
I'm the one.
I also recommend same to other builders here to emulate.
Oh yes I can remember now
Thanks sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
topsy23:

What of banana island .700-850million naira
Tope I beg you please don't blow my brain up with those numbers. I was there last year rented one small room AIRBNB for $150 per night, naw same generator. The only good thing there is fiberoptic fast internet, which is normal thing in the west.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Abudu2000:
did a design for a client there since 3months ago, till now i never chop the money finish grin grin
My brother that is part of your money wey supposed to be your right na him you the chop so ooo. keep choping it jare, those people no mean well for our people.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
AngelicBeing:

I will ready to help freely in Zaria real estate..
I am firmly on ground.... Graceland, Zaria...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
GoodFaith:

You are very correct
Let us say SOME cities in US
House $60K
Monthly rent $1k
Total for one year $12K
Can $60k get you dry land and build four flat in lagos?
What will be the rent for the four flat ? let say total N2.2M
If you get your rent N2.2M is $4,500.00
People use your head , I know better
Please where do you get a house of $60k in the US? Even condos are over $150k in most cities.
Lets for the seek of discussion even assume it is possible and you get $1k rent monthly from it which is $12k a year

This is what happens to the 12k
You pay about 3% city tax on the value of the. Your example of $60k house that $1800
You pay about 22% income tax on the $12k rental income that is $2640 a year
Property maintenance (Lawn and misc ) $1000
Property manager 10% of the 12k ----------------------------------------------$1200
Home owners association --------------------------------------------------------$500
Total --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------$7140
Therefor $12k minus $7140 = $4860
$4860 is the maximum amount you would have left from that $12k.

Addendum
I forgot to add that you need and must have Property insurance of about $100 monthly.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

How many SQM was your standard plot?
648 SQM

(1) (2) (3) ... (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) (2631) (2632) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.