Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390900 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2678) (2679) (2680) (2681) (2682) (2683) (2684) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
HossanaHeights:

I think this is a good suggestion... pay what you think you owe first.

I have a feeling that if he had done this earlier, together with QsFemi giving the breakdown that n3xt requested much earlier, the matter would not have degenerated to this level.
Thank you,

For seconding!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
Installation of the work completed

Site location:- AGBEDE IKORODU

We are at your service for any kind of aluminum either casement or sliding or cutting wall and railings.
You can make enquiry for your own project, also you can receive your quotation here we work Nation wide

Call or WhatsApp on:-08069609983
Thanks for your usual cooperation

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2021
Awka orders

https://www.nairaland.com/6856637/twinstecks-electrical-accessories-sale-thread

Electrical accessories

Smart switches

Havels product (change over switch and gear switch

Double usb sockets

Rope lights (smart)

Talk to us

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
KelvinCoaster:
This is enlightening!

Thanks for sharing!!

You are welcome sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
diordaves:

Whoever tells you that bungalows don't need German floor for whatever land type don't know what they are talking about. All brick and mortar buildings need a monolith concrete slab (German floor)....

It is shameful that people like you cannot make a single post or express your own opinion, without sounding insulting to others or throwing snide insults about, is that a reflection on your "Upbringing" or what?
You think you know it all, right?

But then, l dont need to mention that there are hundreds-of-thousands of Bungalows, solidly built and standing for close to 100yrs now (my own Dad has one) that are built without a German Flooring and many are still being built as we speak.
I guess they dont know what they are doing as well. angry

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
smallsmall:

It is shameful that people like you cannot make a single post or express your own opinion, without sounding insulting to others or throwing snide insults about, is that a reflection on your "Upbringing" or what?

But then, l dont need to mention that there are hundreds-of-thousands of Bungalows, solidly built and standing for close to 100yrs now (my own Dad has one) that are built without a German Flooring and many are still being built as we speak.

My bungalow is without German floor.. though solid land around Ogun state

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
I'm lost here.
What is a german floor in your context?

What type of flooring does your bungalow has?

How is it different from the normal ground floor slab?

twinskenny:

My bungalow is without German floor.. though solid land around Ogun state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2021
Aforxzy:

I'm lost here.
What is a german floor in your context?

What type of flooring does your bungalow has?

How is it different from the normal ground floor slab?

Well am not the Enginneer that did it.. it was only cement and granite mixed with sharp sand that’s all…

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
erico2k2:

Dont you know more than 5 persons already done that B4 now? If not for respect of not opening Old wounds, I will call name from leaking roof to falling fence and sinking houses or theft to properties, where do you want us to start, the Elders have told people stop giving this guy work. What else do you want us to do shut down the thread??

@eriko2k2.... Please take your foot off the gas pedal and let @someone at least express his pain. It's called "therapy". Yes I understand your frustration about this happening over and over again. You can rest assured @someone won't be the last victim.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
Qc1:

@eriko2k2.... Please take your foot off the gas pedal and let @someone at least express his pain. It's called "therapy". Yes I understand your frustration about this happening over and over again. You can rest assured @someone won't be the last victim.

Noted. I have since last night. We move.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
twinskenny:

Well am not the Enginneer that did it.. it was only cement and granite mixed with sharp sand that’s all…
ahah thats is german floor.AKa DPC.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
erico2k2:

ahah thats is german floor.AKa DPC.
oh okay grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
Good evening House, please what is the standard thickness for German floor?
Regards
BrickDevo:
please there is no alternative for now the best you can do is to lower the thickness maybe down to 75mm or 3inches to save cost, if you don't, you will regret not doing so in future
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
princenomics:
Good evening House, please what is the standard thickness for German floor?
Regards
6 inches or 150mm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
Thanks I appreciate
BrickDevo:
6 inches or 150mm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
princenomics:
Thanks I appreciate
uw
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2021
BrickDevo:
6 inches or 150mm

150mm thickness is a bit high except there's unevenness or special case you may want to consider exp serving a purpose of raft as well or driveway..

You may increase your DPM gauge rather than doing 150mm with your previous suggested thickness of 75mm to 125 depends on factors such as present site conditions and fund

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
Amastermovic:

150mm thickness is a bit high except there's unevenness or special case you may want to consider exp serving a purpose of raft as well or driveway..

You may increase your DPM gauge rather than doing 150mm with your previous suggested thickness of 75mm to 125 depends on factors such as present site conditions and fund

yes, but he asked about the standard, by standard it is 150mm.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
am still in Lagos State boss cheesy
If is brick tiles it will be 5th of January it pack inside market and it will opened then, if is Spanish products it available both on Sunday or anytime it is my private Warehouse

Thanks. It’s brick tiles.

We’ll wait.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
Thanks @rotecch for the call. We’d definitely do something.

@sonnie10
@kelvincoaster
@hosannaheights
@fegeitok

Your suggestions are noted and well received.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
Earthmoving | Bobcat or Small Wheel Mini Payloader Needed Around Oshodi

I need contact of anyone or company that have a Bobcat or Mini Payloader for hire around Oshodi.

Call/SMS 080 234 29 122

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8swjU8uYaU
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
Demolition and Removal

Wheel Demolition Excavator and Payloader urgently needed at Dopemu, Lagos.

DM for contact.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
smallsmall:

I call your name? Abi na story you dey find?

One of my grandma's houses built in 1968 had periwinkle shells in place of granite for the German floor. That house is still standing today. That doesn't mean this practice is an acceptable civil engineering solution superior to using granite. I can as well say houses don't need granite, use periwinkle shells.

You can cut corners by jumping over German floor if you so wish, your house no go collapse. The fact that the house didn't collapse doesn't make the practice right though.

Do I know it all? Of not. But I sure know that whoever said bungalows don't NEED German floor with conviction is speaking from a position of ignorance.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 12:03am On Dec 30, 2021
Soroniyen?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessings7: 5:47am On Dec 30, 2021
diordaves:

Why is it that only the German floor cost that is scaring you? Why is the foundation cost not scaring you and don't do foundation? Why is cement cost at over 4k in some instance not scaring you and don't use cement? Why is the roof cost at over 1.5 million on average not scaring you and don't roof?

As you are embarking on your project which is probably the biggest single budget you will ever make, you must learn to spend wisely and in the right places and segment of your project.

The right Foundation, Columns/Beams (blocks quality) and Roof are structural elements of buildings. There are no alternatives. German floor is part and parcel of a PROPERLY constructed foundation. A foundation without capping it off with German floor is just cutting corner. It is a false economy. A foundation without German floor na patch patch job.

Whoever tells you that bungalows don't need German floor for whatever land type don't know what they are talking about. All brick and mortar buildings need a monolith concrete slab (German floor).

The German floor not only doubles as DPC but helps spread the dead load and you have one continuous level floor which helps during tilling. If you don't have German floor there's the chance your floor will not be level after tilling. So you may have the situation where rooms have different level which to me is very annoying.

The same you now that structurally important German floor of about 90k on average is scaring, will come here tomorrow to inquire about doing structurally useless parapet of 500k on average. But spending money uselessly is not scary.

Just learn to spend your money wisely and in the right places like the German floor and you will have a fantastic building by the end of the day.

Okay bro. German floor will surely cost more than 90k for a 3 bedroom flat.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:34am On Dec 30, 2021
Blessings7:

Okay bro. German floor will surely cost more than 90k for a 3 bedroom flat.

Yes it will.

You can visit this thread for cost cutting tips and advice on things that should be quality upfront in a building project: https://www.nairaland.com/1040620/building-nigeria-lessons-learned/1#12119812

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:53am On Dec 30, 2021
Good morning..

We are available for your roofing woods and any kinds of woods for linted, decking, furniture and construction works etc.

Happy New year in advance.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2021
[s]Urgent: Pls I need current cost of Shingles??

I’m offered 3800. Looking for a better deal. [/s]

Update: Materials gotten at 3,800 per sqm. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BlushPink: 8:03am On Dec 30, 2021
Good morning house.
What's the avarage cost of digging suck away & septic tank (10x10x10x & 6x6x6).
I was giving a quote 60k for digging. Is it a fair price? Location is Ikorodu.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:15am On Dec 30, 2021
BlushPink:
Good morning house.
What's the avarage cost of digging suck away & septic tank (10x10x10x & 6x6x6).
I was giving a quote 60k for digging. Is it a fair price? Location is Ikorodu.

60k for digging a 10 x 10 x 10 Septic Tank and 6 x 6 x 6 Soakaway in Ikorodu looks fair enough to me.
You can push for a little reduction though. something between 50 - 55k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2021
n3xt:
Urgent: Pls I need current cost of Shingles??

I’m offered 3800. Looking for a better deal.

#3800 per square meter shingle roofing is definitely China.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:48am On Dec 30, 2021
sonnie10:

#3800 per square meter shingle roofing is definitely China.

I’m actually not looking for Wichtech, Tilcor or others within the class.

They’re good but there are other great products out there that can stand shoulder with them.

I’ve used all the brand names and I can tell there’s really not much difference. My humble opinion though.

_____

If I share pictures of brand names with high price tags here, you can hardly tell the difference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2678) (2679) (2680) (2681) (2682) (2683) (2684) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Loftus(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.