Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443690 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2679) (2680) (2681) (2682) (2683) (2684) (2685) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:39am On Dec 30, 2021
n3xt:

I’m actually not looking for Wichtech, Tilcor or others within the class.

They’re good but there are other great products out there that can stand shoulder with them.

I’ve used all the brand names and I can tell there’s really not much difference. My humble opinion though.

_____

If I share pictures of brand names high price tags here, you can hardly tell the difference.
If you want to see the difference, during heavy rain, take a piece of light clothing like a scarf and tie it round the rain collector opening where water is running off from close to the ground.
Do the same for all different samples and observe the amount of lose stones that washe off from each.
They might look the same initially but some of these cheap stone coat roofings won’t last even 10 years. The quality of adhesive used and layers of coating are different.
These are not things you can tell right away. They take time to manifest.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:54am On Dec 30, 2021
sonnie10:

If you want to see the difference, during heavy rain, take a piece of light clothing like a scarf and tie it round the rain collector opening where water is running off from close to the ground.
Do the same for all different samples and observe the amount of lose stones that washe off from each.
They might look the same initially but some of these cheap stone coat roofings won’t last even 10 years. The quality of adhesive used and layers of coating are different.

I have pictures of roofs done 10 years ago and they’re still very good.

I agree there are cheap stuffs out there but there are equally good brands that are not well known.

I can share picture of a well known brand here that’s not looking great after months of install. We got it 7500 per sqm as at 2019.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:24am On Dec 30, 2021
Buy hardwood and stone coated from us.

Check signature for contact

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:31am On Dec 30, 2021
sonnie10:

I agree completely with you on the last statement.

I remember recommending original Wichtech to the owner of this project that we did in 2013. It still stand out till date.
https://www.nairaland.com/1207845/paper-brick-construction-semi-detached-duplex#14600366

I’ll try look for pictures of our 2011 - 2012 builds where we used other products that are not well known. They’re still looking great till date.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
BrickDevo:
please there is no alternative for now the best you can do is to lower the thickness maybe down to 75mm or 3inches to save cost, if you don't, you will regret not doing so in future
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2021
Amastermovic:

150mm thickness is a bit high except there's unevenness or special case you may want to consider exp serving a purpose of raft as well or driveway..

You may increase your DPM gauge rather than doing 150mm with your previous suggested thickness of 75mm to 125 depends on factors such as present site conditions and fund

The standard is 150mm.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2021
BrickDevo:
yes, but he asked about the standard, by standard it is 150mm.
You are on point.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
Blessings7:

Okay bro. German floor will surely cost more than 90k for a 3 bedroom flat.

It sure will depending mostly on the size of the project. 90k is average price. I've done two wings two bedrooms bungalow for about 150k before the pandemic though.

So the thing no too cost like that compare to the importance. To me personally na the cost of parapet no make sense abeg. Instead of homeowners jumping over German floor to do parapet later on, homeowners should do it the other way around. We have seen here on this pages homeowners who jumped over PROPER foundation only to do parapet leading to collapse and cracks everywhere. To me this is not spending wisely.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johnman400: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
Onj introuble and all obas in yoruba land share comments and subscribe pls....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP7x9Z9CsNI
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Glossybeddings: 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
BEDSHEETS
3by6= # 3500 1bedsheets, 2pillowcase
4by6= # 4000 1bedsheets, 2pillowcase
6by6= # 5000 1bedsheets, 4pillowcase
6by7= # 5500 1bedsheets, 4pillowcase
7by7= # 6000 1bedsheets, 4pillowcase

Duvet sets
3by6= # 12,500 1duvet, 1bedsheets, 2pillowcase

4by6= # 14000 1duvet, 1bedsheets, 2pillowcase

6by6= # 15000 1duvet, 1bedsheets, 4pillowcase

6by7= # 16500 1duvet,1bedsheets, 4pillowcase

7by7= # 18000 1duvet 1bedsheets, 4pillowcase

More design available just message us on WhatsApp or call: 09075897661

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2021
Ac smart switches

Thanks @flexyonline for your patronage

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2021
twinskenny:

Well am not the Enginneer that did it.. it was only cement and granite mixed with sharp sand that’s all…

So what's german floor?
All these constituents make up concrete. In addition, a wire mesh is needed to place on the concrete before setting together with a polythene material to serve as a membrane for moisture penetration from the ground

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
Blessings7:

Okay bro. German floor will surely cost more than 90k for a 3 bedroom flat.

Here is my submission about oversite concrete (German floor) some pages back, I hope you find it relevant

It is better to get things done properly now that you are still in this stage....

Doing your German floor now will save you from lot of headache later

From experience here are some advantages we have noticed German flooring have over normal flooring

1) German floor is also part of the foundation, it should be seen as a structural elements that makes your house to stand. Loads transmitted from the building is recieved by the German floor before transferring to the foundation

2)German floor stops the upward movements of water from the soil into your building. I am sure you wouldn't want your walls to be damp or see algae grow on it.

Lastly, oversite concrete can Serve as a breaking point when there is a non major crack to the wall, it prevents this crackline from getting to the foundation.

About the cost estimate, you will have to provide the plan as that will serve as basis for the estimation

CharisDESIGNS

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/1307#86249634

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
uncleteeh:

The standard is 150mm.
On point
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
n3xt:

I agree completely with you on the last statement.

I remember recommending original Wichtech to the owner of this project that we did in 2013. It still stand out till date.
https://www.nairaland.com/1207845/paper-brick-construction-semi-detached-duplex#14600366

I’ll try look for pictures of our 2011 - 2012 builds where we used other products that are not well known. They’re still looking great till date.

This must be the most special section of NL, a section where confirmed serial fraudsters are sharing construction tips freely grin

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
DrGoodman:

This must be the most special section of NL, a section where confirmed serial fraudsters are sharing construction tips freely grin

grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
Wonders shall never end.
Same modus operandi on this platform for close to a decade

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
topsy23:

grin grin grin grin grin

The thing really surprised me, lol
I was reading down to see where he apologised or paid of the victim, but got shocked to see him flagrantly dishing out advice to a bewildered audience.
I mean, how insensitive can one be?

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2021
Stopthecap:
wonders shall never end

This made me think about this in a more serious, different way, brabus may be mentally unhinged, seriously. Nobody in their right frame of mind can be as insensitive as that. You must be operating on a different faulty mental wavelength to think of advising people on what to do while being cross examined in the Dock for #2 milla grin
Only psychiatric patients can attempt that. We treat cases like that sometimes.

14 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2021
Kambols95:

So what's german floor?
All these constituents make up concrete. In addition, a wire mesh is needed to place on the concrete before setting together with a polythene material to serve as a membrane for moisture penetration from the ground

What's the difference between wire mesh and rebar (iron rod)?

I am getting confused.

Placed on the concrete?

Instead of placed in the moist concrete so that when it dries it becomes part of the concrete floor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
twinskenny:
@kolashangone

Thanks for your patronage.

We are still taking orders…

For all your electrical accessories kindly reach out.

https://www.nairaland.com/6856637/twinstecks-electrical-accessories-sale-thread

Thank you Oga Kenny for the prompt delivery.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2021
DrGoodman:

This made me think about this in a more serious, different way, brabus may be mentally unhinged, seriously. Nobody in their right frame of mind can be as insensitive as that. You must be operating on a different faulty mental wavelength to think of advising people on what to do while being cross examined in the Dock for #2 milla grin
Only psychiatric patients can attempt that. We treat cases like that sometimes.

It's called Dissociative Identity Disorder

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
Our resident online building quack is looking for a new mugu, hence the posts.

This is not new to this thread. Recent readers viewers should be aware. The intention is to drown out the record of the previous failed project(s)

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2021
OnetimeOnly:

Nothing is wrong anywhere.

The only talent here is MARKETING FRAUD!!!

Ask mr brabus/ nexthome/n3xt where he got his building education from?

Which university/ polytechnic did he study any of the building disciplines?
Or
Under what builder did he apprentice?

I guarantee you there will be no answer.
He is simply using client’s projects and money to learn building construction
This is a classic fraud/Ponzi building scam:
1. Promise what you cannot deliver or have capacity to deliver.(under-bid other professionals)
2. Get construction contract,
3. Start construction
4. When problems start to show up inevitably, demand more money or do a substandard job
5. Abandon project because it cannot be fulfilled according to terms/money agreed
6. Onto the NEXTHOME/project (pun intended)

Because law enforcement and contract enforcement is difficult, he can always get away.

Is that not the case in all the fraudsters building project?

Was true 5/6 years ago, still true today

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2021
Stopthecap:

Was true 5/6 years ago, still true today

Only wondering how many more days/weeks remaining before he pulls off another swindle.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2021
@roteck welldone sir… has the issue with brabus settled?

What’s the agreement now?

Cc @somehow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drdreluv: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
Baba refund person money we hang for ur hand God Bless
n3xt:

I’m actually not looking for Wichtech, Tilcor or others within the class.

They’re good but there are other great products out there that can stand shoulder with them.

I’ve used all the brand names and I can tell there’s really not much difference. My humble opinion though.

_____

If I share pictures of brand names with high price tags here, you can hardly tell the difference.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2021
Drdreluv:
Baba refund person money we hang for ur hand God Bless

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 11:08pm On Dec 30, 2021
babalose:
. Anyone that decides to consider him or give him a second chance like I have done and a few others have done, will one day write a similar story.

Babalose[/b]

Hmmm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
FEGEITOK:

What's the difference between wire mesh and rebar (iron rod)?

I am getting confused.

Placed on the concrete?

Instead of placed in the moist concrete so that when it dries it becomes part of the concrete floor?
Wire mesh is still a form of reinforcement same as iron rod, but iron rod is thicker, me i will always use 6mm rod for the reinforcement. Placed on the concrete? i believe is a typo since he said it will set afterwards.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
Thanks for your patronage this year. We will serve you better in the coming year.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
BrickDevo:

Wire mesh is still a form of reinforcement same as iron rod, but iron rod is thicker, me i will always use 6mm rod for the reinforcement. Placed on the concrete? i believe is a typo since he said it will set afterwards.

Thanks.

Was worried.

I appreciate your comments.

I saw an estate with houses with no German floor, someone dug out all the sand/less than 1cm concrete floor to reveal that the walls of the house stood on big stone slabs but no proper German floor.

Then has to cast the German floor with the walls in place.

The estate is known for damp walls as well as sand coming out of the floor from activities by ants.

Don't know much about building construction but from what I know from a lot of reading and videos, if the foundation is so important, one had better do it once and do it right.

Anything less mean tearing down and rebuilding or patch solutions for the the rest of the life of the building.

Those who have lived in such houses can testify to the trouble they pass through from such shoddy work.

I even read of giving the concrete slab a base of coarse aggregates, which may add to the cost, but the reasons provided were very sound.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2679) (2680) (2681) (2682) (2683) (2684) (2685) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rotecch77(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.