Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4374981 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2744) (2745) (2746) (2747) (2748) (2749) (2750) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
that pipe should have an iron channeled into it though and welded at both the sides to hold tight.. burglers are just useless ones. .look at someone's property burgled last year November .they went through the ceiling cut all cables including pumping machine wires
even if you do that,a brand new sawing blade will cut through it and he will have access. The design is the problem not just the material used. Just like the sample below, all you need to do is to cut out one pipe and you have access

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:
even if you do that,a brand new sawing blade will cut through it and he will have access. The design is the problem not just the material used. Just like the sample below, all you need to do is to cut out one pipe and you have access
Person go build house finish go dey fear burglers, just imagine a kontiri embarassed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
Person go build house finish go dey fear burglers, just imagine a kontiri embarassed
one thing I have come to do about Nigeria is to not worry about the inefficiencies and defective governments.

Nigerians provide: water, light and health for themselves with no government efforts. It will not cost much to secure your property

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:

Respective of any design they can break in through the hollow block wall ,2 min max .. and neighbours wont even be aware.. even secured neighbourhood...

Solution is may God protect us..

Country wey plumber dey steal Tap break fence wall kept it there at night re break from outside and pack..

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
Amastermovic:

Respective of any design they can break in through the hollow block wall ,2 min max .. and neighbours wont even be aware.. even secured neighbourhood...

Solution is may God protect us
the probably of doing that is very low. Check the easiest path they usually use, it's the windows
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 4:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:
one thing I have come to do about Nigeria is to not worry about the inefficiencies and defective governments.

Nigerians provide: water, light and health for themselves with no government efforts. It will not cost much to secure your property
That's true, security means a whole lot to look into when it comes to living in Nigeria. An individual is left to secure him or herself now o .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
Amastermovic:

Country wey plumber dey steal Tap break fence wall kept it there at night re break from outside and pack..

Surprisingly this is inside andron estate.. the client is soft sha . The estate suppose to be the one paying for all these...

They have security at the gate and in around the estate perimeter

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2022
twinskenny:

Yes but they expanded it easily before they got in

Then the iron is not strong enough. And if the space is not wide they will not be able to expand it enough to fit through it.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Michaelesoimeme(m): 4:59pm On Jan 22, 2022
you can sell on the Facebook marketplace and dropshipping have a much higher chance of finding the buyer than you would with eBay or Craigslist. facebook marketplace tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvTgOmjXbw4

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
diordaves:

The problem is not the embedded burglary proof. A properly done embedded burglary has 16mm rod (some 12mm) inside the hollow pipe. So the hollow square pipe you eventually see is just for aesthetic. The Koko of the burglar proof is inside the hollow, so very safe.

With the picture you posted, attention should be paid to the spacing of the pipes in the design of the burglary. Also it should be noted that wire thieves can operate from outside without breaking in if the wiring is done by inexperienced electrician or the electrician was careless. There is a technic to secure the cables tentatively as the wiring is on-going.

I’ll never do standalone burglary ever again. Embedded is just as effective if done properly as you stated.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
Amastermovic:

You’re correct.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ikmontana1:
which state is your site located

cos my Dad bought d wood from SANGO Isopako (wood depot) in Ibadan Oyo state.

my watsapp n call no: 08087846358

Edo State...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You’re correct.

Motion detectors, alarm systems and intelligent video cameras that alert owner when object comes into view can address this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:
tell you the truth eh. Let's say the gaps between them is 5" wide and a thief manages to cut one that gives him 10" gap to move even your properties. It's aluminum pipe and it's light to cut through.

There's much hunger and rise of criminality in the land, secure your property as much as you can
At the bolded, what of using 12mm iron rod, that is what I want to use and not aluminum pipe as you claimed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2022
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: @ Eyean - Benin City Edo State
Roof Design :Longspan
Colour: Traffic Black
Guage: 0.55mm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYG6yB-CqYs

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
Born2conquer:

A quick question Ma, how do you navigate the stock market because it seems that field is not for the faint hearted.

2021 was bad and extremely bad for stock holders with most stocks falling as low as 75% from their ATH, I bought JMIA at around $50 and same Jmia is $9, several other tech/health related stocks, so how do one navigate the stock market to maximize profit and also minimize losses because it's been hell since 2020.

2) I believe in one way or the other, we all have something to contribute to Nigeria development which involves but not limited to REAL ESTATE and good houses to encourage development, if people in diaspora refuse to invest back home by building quality houses in their villages, local governments and states, how will most of these places develop? Reason why SOUTH WEST have been tagged the brown roof region.

Even if we attain other countries citizenship, we will always remain A NIGERIAN.

1) When it comes to the stock market, I watch and listen to those names that have been exceedingly successful at it and I learn from them. I’m not one to give stock tips because I do not consider myself to be an expert plus I would hate to be accused of trying to sell something. I will however, say that greed and fear are 2 of the greatest problems when it comes to the stock market. As I said in my write up, compound growth is one of the big drivers as is time so a short term horizon like a year would be challenging.

2) Oga, you make it sound like people abroad are the ones driving Naija’s construction industry smiley Well, I cannot say for sure but I think it’s mainly those resident in Naija and I would think that the construction business would still survive even without those abroad. I can be quite hard nosed when it comes to personal finance, I leave limited room for sentiments after all, the same polithiefians that raped and still raping the country are the ones pouring money into Dubai real estate. Nigeria needs nothing from me when it comes to real estate development.

As for other people’s posts about real estate being the greatest and all that for wealth creation: First, I don’t argue about how to make money, I consider that to be extremely tacky behaviour so each adult is welcome to embrace what they understand. My write up was specific to Nigerians that think they can’t save money abroad and I gave an example of an everyday couple to show that it can be done, just so happens their vehicle is not real estate. I made several points and I am confident that some people found benefit in some or all. Safe to say that I don’t shy away from controversial view points, I might be back with another one tomorrow LOL. In relation to the real estate issue, I won’t re-hash what I already wrote but I will lay emphasis on certain words in the write-up:

Nigerians abroad
Savings
Exchange rate
Inflation

A reminder that the same USD/Euro/GBP etc exchange rate that floods your account with naira is the same magic that erodes the value of your Naija assets when denominated in the international currencies with which you pay your bills and save in the abroad you live in. If you are a Nigerian living in Nigeria, I don’t think that would be a problem. If you are resident abroad, then the opportunity cost is in full play if those Nigerian assets are not keeping up.

When I wrote a year ago, the USD/NGN rate was about 460. Last I heard in Dec /2021, it was 570. That is a 24% deterioration in less than a year. The current hyper inflation rate in Naija is also significant and not to be compared with the current rates we are seeing in western countries.

In the past, only Naija’s polithiefians and the ultra wealthy saved their money in foreign currency. The middle class just bought as needed for vacations abroad or to pay their children’s school fees. Today, the middle class are converting any idle cash to foreign currency savings because there’s no confidence in the naira. That should tell us something. As someone living abroad, it’s important to me that I create value in a stable currency. I believe in miracles and I know Naija can be good again, I just have no confidence in the timeline. It’s good to make money but perhaps even more important is the preservation and real growth in the value of that money.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 7:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
twinskenny:
Is there a way to fortify this embedded burglary proof? Not strong enough. This is the forth place I witness cable theft and they pass through the burglary proof so I easily ..

I think its better to do the normal iron stand alone burglary proof...

Cable worth of 400k is gone here

Nice observation, that design is more or less for the big guys ( i mean for the clients that have enough money to purchase the actual size of pipe that is good for that design).

The design looks simple and nice but won't protect the window even when you insert 12 or 16mm rod in the pipes as some do, except you use a thicker pipe. ( But the problem is that such thickness is expensive)

But what I suggest you do is to design a ring or another shape with a flat bar or square rod, it could "S" shape then weld it in-between 2 horizontal pipes at interval of 8" and 12" or more as you wish.

I don't see the need of making another burglary proof.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ikmontana1:
Good morning Boss,
please sir how can I contact u, so u can help me measure d wood work after completion next week for Aluminum roofing sheets estimate, d house is located ard IDO local govt area Ibadan.

I'm Sorry I'm just seeing this.

Call / WhatsApp- 07038935532.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
oduncojamaica:

At the bolded, what of using 12mm iron rod, that is what I want to use and not aluminum pipe as you claimed
don't just do it straight without another running opposite. Also ensure that both are held together by a very good bond that wouldn't break easily

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:26pm On Jan 22, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Motion detectors, alarm systems and intelligent video cameras that alert owner when object comes into view can address this.
motion detector and all these things are for a completed home. And such things need constant power to run effectively. Maybe you have it figured out

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:
don't just do it straight without another running opposite. Also ensure that both are held together by a very good bond that wouldn't break easily
Noted
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
Good evening House, please is this design secured enough? I no fit shout ooooh

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
mufutau55:

Then the iron is not strong enough. And if the space is not wide they will not be able to expand it enough to fit through it.

Hajji M.

Thieves can go to any length to get what what they want. Even a completed building with pop, solid entrance door, window burglary, they still enter the house and cart away all the cables, and some left over materials

They enter through ceiling and cut the pop. We just need to be extra careful.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
princenomics:
Good evening House, please is this design secured enough? I no fit shout ooooh
it can't get more secure
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:
motion detector and all these things are for a completed home. And such things need constant power to run effectively. Maybe you have it figured out

Agreed.

As a general rule, Nigerians build first, then consider security as an afterthought.

Understandable, because of the cost implication of building with security in mind from the get go.

My reason for sharing is that technology exists to make breaking into houses unpleasant if not almost impossible.

Remember, thieves don't like attention, thieves love quiet, thieves love darkness.

Do what you wish with the sentence above.

If items worth so much are in the building why not set up security arrangements be those technology or Human guards?

What's the value of the stolen property versus the monthly salary of the guard multiplied by how many months it takes to complete the building.

Wishing for the best is not a fail proof strategy.

Modified:

For example there is glass that resists shattering even when impacted. That itself can buy time and make the theif or theives uncomfortable, but how many people install it?

There is also a concept known as Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED). How many home owners in Nigeria know this and practice it? It's one of the reasons why I opted for a see-through front fence and the eradication of any objects that can provide a hiding place for anyone in my compound.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ogbonna48: 10:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
*JUST OUT - JOINT VENTURE AT OREGUN IKEJA*

��
A COMPETENT and Cash ready developer is needed to PUT UP a two floors ,5 Units of Luxury ,Serviced *L SHAPED TERRACES* at Juli Estate Oregun IKEJA within 12-18..months

Land Size - 700sqm
Land Title - Redg Conveyance
*Land Value - #200m*
*Premium - #5m* To relocate owner and pay off Tenants..A Demolish able Storey Building with Tenants on the Land
Brokerage Fee - 10% of land value

*NB: INSPECTION ON MON,TUESDAY & THURSDAY BETWEEN 10AM.-2PM*

090 999 80793 WhatsApp agent Lekki jv
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 11:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
ogbonna48:

��
A COMPETENT and Cash ready developer is needed to PUT UP a two floors ,5 Units of Luxury ,Serviced *L SHAPED TERRACES* at Juli Estate Oregun IKEJA within 12-18..months

Land Size - 700sqm
*Land Value - #200m*
*Premium - #5m* To relocate owner and pay off Tenants..A Demolish able Storey Building with Tenants on the Land

Dry thunder fire your left yansh .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 11:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
that pipe should have an iron channeled into it though and welded at both the sides to hold tight.. burglers are just useless ones. .look at someone's property burgled last year November .they went through the ceiling cut all cables including pumping machine wires

Forget, car jack is what they use for expanding burglar proofs either with 16mm or 100mm patterned with rose or hibiscus without noise. I was laughing when someone posted that people do concrete fascial to prevent burglars from accessing the builds, if a burglar means business they will get u to open the door for them. May we not be a victim n for the victims, God Almighty will provide

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:39am On Jan 23, 2022
topsy23:

Thieves can go to any length to get what what they want. Even a completed building with pop, solid entrance door, window burglary, they still enter the house and cart away all the cables, and some left over materials
They enter through ceiling and cut the pop. We just need to be extra careful.

You are surely right about that. Those theives are really desperate o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 6:45am On Jan 23, 2022
ogbonna48:

��

Land Size - 700sqm
*Land Value - #200m*

Cash ready but forget to mention cash cowgrin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 8:21am On Jan 23, 2022
Horlardorjah:

Forget, car jack is what they use for expanding burglar proofs either with 16mm or 100mm patterned with rose or hibiscus without noise. I was laughing when someone posted that people do concrete fascial to prevent burglars from accessing the builds, if a burglar means business they will get u to open the door for them. May we not be a victim n for the victims, God Almighty will provide
Amen to that prayer
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 9:16am On Jan 23, 2022
Curtain or Blinds Window Treatments

Last December a Client asked me; Kemi, which is in trend, Curtain or Blinds?. I replied and said; Madam, do you want something that's perfect for your interior or you want to follow trend?. She was like; ehn I want to know which is because I don't want my friend to call me old school. I told her that if you friends are interior experts and you use blinds when your interior requires curtain then they will mock you in their hearts. And moreover curtain and blinds are not even new trends, they have long existed, go with what suitable for your interior. And that case was closed.

There are few situations whereby both are suitable. Then you have to make decisions based on other factors like; Budget, style you are looking to create and the general ambiance you want to get.

BLINDS- Then lets talk about designs and specifications especially in Blinds selection. Not all kinds of blinds are suitable in specific spaces/rooms. And to be honest blinds comes in limited colours and designs so you have to pick with a lot of thought through. The DOS and DON'Ts of Blinds selections are so much and all these has to be put into consideration when selecting Blinds as a Window Treatment. Blinds comes in limited colours and designs. You can only get exact of what the companies are producing or can produce.

https://kemimulticolour..com/2022/01/curtain-or-blinds-window-treatments.html?m=1

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2744) (2745) (2746) (2747) (2748) (2749) (2750) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TAJIBADE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.