Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4428900 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2777) (2778) (2779) (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/59

Pop
Wall screeding
Pre cast paraphet
Window hood
Tv walls

Whatsapp 07088534661

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2022
The things that occur in Nigeria.

I went into a Very Vell known upscale furniture store in Ibadan.

I selected a suitable sofa set. They didn’t have any in stock except for the display item which of course I’m not going to buy.

The store wants me to pay a deposit before they’ll bring a new in box one.

Now this doesn’t make sense to me. I can see if I wanted some obscure version that’s not normally stocked.

Is this how yah all do this out here?

It’s a bit disappointing to me based on the perception that I had of the store. I guess they’re not as big as I thought.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:20pm On Feb 14, 2022
cry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I selected a suitable sofa set. They didn’t have any in stock except for the display item which of course I’m not going to buy.

Now this doesn’t make sense to me. I can see if I wanted some obscure version that’s not normally stocked.

It’s a bit disappointing to me based on the perception that I had of the store. I guess they’re not as big as I thought.

It happens everywhere in Nigeria Sir, I was searching for sofas to buy for one of the houses I built for a client last year, I went to 4 shops in Enugu before I found a suitable sample in brown colour, and I wanted black. They told me to drop a deposit and pick up in a weeks time, but that will be after Christmas, after we were supposed to hand over the property to the owners.

Many shops stock only a sample, and not more than one colour of each set of chairs.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 10:09pm On Feb 14, 2022
Aluminium fabrication works by Perfect Touch Aluminium at your service.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 10:35pm On Feb 14, 2022
[quote author=luthorcorp post=110135348][/quote]
Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2022
uncleteeh:

Let the drafter determine that, so easy using AutoCAD.
If this is a proposed site for you, how do you plan to set it out.
Quogent measurements are missing.

It is not proposed. Actually using it to determine the area quoted by the tiler for the entire building. We got an extra space after this land

He quoted 385sqm to tile this Floor plan, half tile to window level for the kitchens, visitor's toilet and full tiling for the bathrooms

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:31pm On Feb 14, 2022
spyder880:

It happens everywhere in Nigeria Sir, I was searching for sofas to buy for one of the houses I built for a client last year, I went to 4 shops in Enugu before I found a suitable sample in brown colour, and I wanted black. They told me to drop a deposit and pick up in a weeks time, but that will be after Christmas, after we were supposed to hand over the property to the owners.

Many shops stock only a sample, and not more than one colour of each set of chairs.

Available on Demand°

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:42pm On Feb 14, 2022
spyder880:

This is interesting but unfortunately I can’t partake in that.

In my renewable energy store I don’t and will never ask a customer to place a deposit before I restock a normally stocked product that I’m out of.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:22am On Feb 15, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

This is interesting but unfortunately I can’t partake in that.
In my renewable energy store I don’t and will never ask a customer to place a deposit before I restock a normally stocked product that I’m out of.

Plenty story after you made a down-payment.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:59am On Feb 15, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 6:43am On Feb 15, 2022
michlins:
tell you the truth, even the Igbo apprenticeship system is dying.

Right now, traders no longer take apprentices but will rather employ people to work and get paid. Unfortunately these people are more interested in their salaries than taking the skills. For the past few years, not a single young person have come to do apprenticeship program in my business. Not just me but my colleagues too. They will come today and complain about the job being too difficult.

The advent of scam "Yahoo" isn't helping matters at all. Why spend years under the scorching heat of the sun when you can dedicate months on pressing phone and suddenly you're a millionaire.

Wahala dey this country unfortunately both the leaders and masses don't even realize it yet. In a decade or two, our population will explode and there's no job to lubricate the economy
We can keep blaming the government but we are the problem because at this point, even if the government should provide well paying job for everybody with a minimum salary of 100k, bag of rice pushed back to 5k, most of these youth would rather do yahoo and prostitution! That's how spoilt the country is now.

The youth are not ready to work for 20years again before buying duplex and cruising in bigger cars.

The youth no longer value jobs worth 150k, they want to press laptops and make 2m monthly even the young ladies with no single skill are using iphones valued at over 600k!!!

The GREED is now deeper! NIGERIA IS GONE

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:37am On Feb 15, 2022
Born2conquer:

We can keep blaming the government but we are the problem because at this point, even if the government should provide well paying job for everybody with a minimum salary of 100k, bag of rice pushed back to 5k, most of these youth would rather do yahoo and prostitution! That's how spoilt the country is now.

The youth are not ready to work for 20years again before buying duplex and cruising in bigger cars.

The youth no longer value jobs worth 150k, they want to press laptops and make 2m monthly even the young ladies with no single skill are using iphones valued at over 600k!!!

The GREED is now deeper! NIGERIA IS GONE
The government still has an enormous role to play. The enabling environment is not what individuals can create. Infrastructure, like power generation, is very critical for small and medium scale production. Take for instance the processed lumber and ply wood production, the drying Klimt would have to run 24/7 on electricity for weeks. That is not feasible on generator due to cost. Let’s not even talk about multiple taxation and insecurity challenges.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:56am On Feb 15, 2022
Good Morning House.

How Lucrative is buying a concrete mixer for investment purposes?
@Spyder880
@Rotech77
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:16am On Feb 15, 2022
sonnie10:

The government still has an enormous role to play. The enabling environment is not what individuals can create. Infrastructure, like power generation, is very critical for small and medium scale production. Take for instance the processed lumber and ply wood production, the drying Klimt would have to run 24/7 on electricity for weeks. That is not feasible on generator due to cost. Let’s not even talk about multiple taxation and insecurity challenges.

I agree with you completely, I blame the government for each and every problem in this country. Successive governments in both at both the state and federal levels have never been bothered about the growth of the youths. There has been very limited investment in education, especially technical education.

There has never been an enabling environment to provide security of lives and properties to calm the mind of youths who are to learn these skills, in fact, security forces seems to take pleasure in harassing these youths, seizing their tools and delaying them from travelling from place to place. I have seen workers delayed for over an hour and all their bags and equipment searched more than thrice as policemen were searching for what I don't know.

Power is another problem, how wont youths lose interest in learning work when a welder boy will need to start big big generators just to learn how to weld? That's extra hard work going to buy and carry gasoline from filling stations, this is not part of their education process of learning how to weld. Same goes for every other trade, it's so tiring that we have to pity our youths too.

I think we can make it more interesting for them to learn works, we have to encourage these boys, we have to support them. I will be starting a campaign soon in my village called "Adopt a youth" scheme. Where all aduld community members (men and women) will be encouraged to help a young person to succeed, by either sponsoring someone through school, or helping them through apprenticeship programs, both young men and women.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:27am On Feb 15, 2022
hamtabfawaz:
Good Morning House.

@Spyder880
@Rotech77
The biz is not bad but you need
-Good location: new site where construction work is. Going on regularly.
-A good mixer operator
-lastly proper monitoring and good maintenance

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:38am On Feb 15, 2022
hamtabfawaz:
Good Morning House.

@Spyder880
@Rotech77

Well, my younger brother owns one but uses it for his own sites only. I dont think it's a lucrative business because of the constant need to move the equipment from place to place, plus the associatiated costs for transportation and storage, maintenance costs etc.

However, a person who is doing the equipment hiring services as a business, and has other construction equipment to hire will make profits from a concrete mixer. This is because they have the time, space and logistics arrangements and enjoying the economies of scale which will reduce the expenses on the concrete mixer as a unit of income.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2022
rotecch77:

-A good mixer operator

Location like lekki
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 10:19am On Feb 15, 2022
Contact me now for your roofing woods,woodwork and any kinds of woods for your project all at cheaper price.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2022
spyder880:

I agree with you completely, I blame the government for each and every problem in this country. Successive governments in both at both the state and federal levels have never been bothered about the growth of the youths. There has been very limited investment in education, especially technical education.

There has never been an enabling environment to provide security of lives and properties to calm the mind of youths who are to learn these skills, in fact, security forces seems to take pleasure in harassing these youths, seizing their tools and delaying them from travelling from place to place. I have seen workers delayed for over an hour and all their bags and equipment searched more than thrice as policemen were searching for what I don't know.

Power is another problem, how wont youths lose interest in learning work when a welder boy will need to start big big generators just to learn how to weld? That's extra hard work going to buy and carry gasoline from filling stations, this is not part of their education process of learning how to weld. Same goes for every other trade, it's so tiring that we have to pity our youths too.

I think we can make it more interesting for them to learn works, we have to encourage these boys, we have to support them. I will be starting a campaign soon in my village called "Adopt a youth" scheme. Where all aduld community members (men and women) will be encouraged to help a young person to succeed, by either sponsoring someone through school, or helping them through apprenticeship programs, both young men and women.

God Bless you real good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 10:56am On Feb 15, 2022
spyder880:

This is Good sir.
Let me say this. It's not Every youth out there that wants to Japa, that wants to do yahoo, that don't want to work.
Most times they don't just have someone that will push them and raise their hands.
That's why today most are looking for Quick way to get Rich.

I was going to work one Day, I met 2 children on the Road fighting with each other. From the look of things they are siblings they were fighting because the money given to them from home is not enough.
When I saw that, I stopped them and gave them more money. Immediately there faces beamed with smiles, saying thank you sir.
Few years ago, I remembered myself.

If 100 Wonderful People on this platform adopt a youth and help them in all their Endeavors. You have successfully changed a Generation.

Not every youth is Lazy.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 11:19am On Feb 15, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

This is why I have not gotten the sofa I wanted.

There is a showroom near my area. You know, I love those minimalist sofas with nice castor legs that you could be able to see underneath the sofas
I saw nice sofa (one-3 sitter and 2-single sitters). I told them that I will pay and pick them but they said that those ones are samples and that I should deposit 50% for them to do exactly the same ones. My worry is not depositing money but it would shock you that the final outcome may not be same with the sample in the showroom.

I asked them for the pictures of real works they had done before. After seeing the pictures of some of their works, i quietly ghosted them.

My friend had a bitter experience with an interior decorator that brought magazine of beautiful furnitures. After he selected the one he wanted and paid, then delivery was made after a month. The sofas delivered were not of the same eye-catching as what he saw in their magazine.

I prefer to see what i want, then pay and pick them.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lahizak: 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2022
My experience building a four bedroom ensuite apartment for a family member showed me that u cannot trust those engineers or builders to be faithful or prudent. When I was doing my roofing, various artisans said I will be using like 17 - 20 bundles. I decided to sit with them throughout the building. We ended up using 11. The enternal plastering also was quoted to use 80 to 100 bags of cement. We ended up using 50. I just received a 35bags quotation for external plastering. Lesson is that if u can, monitor ur work, those artisans are not been kind on us at all

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2022
Focusmind:

This is why I have not gotten the sofa I wanted.

There is a showroom near my area. You know, I love those minimalist sofas with nice castor legs that you could be able to see underneath the sofas
I saw nice sofa (one-3 sitter and 2-single sitters). I told them that I will pay and pick them but they said that those ones are samples and that I should deposit 50% for them to do exactly the same ones. My worry is not depositing money but it would shock you that the final outcome may not be same with the sample in the showroom.

I asked them for the pictures of real works they had done before. After seeing the pictures of some of their works, i quietly ghosted them.

My friend had a bitter experience with an interior decorator that brought magazine of beautiful furnitures. After he selected the one he wanted and paid, then delivery was made after a month. The sofas delivered were not of the same eye-catching as what he saw in their magazine.

I prefer to see what i want, then pay and pick them.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

Nigerians have mostly been deprived of good customer service, and dictated to by businesses.

Here I am trying to give them N1.7M in furniture purchases but they managed to screw it up.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
mufutau55:

Plenty story after you made a down-payment.

Hajji M.

I went into a store near me to buy a fridge and other stuff (AC, Fans, etc) - N2.5M. I paid the money and expected to get delivery in a day or two.

Stories started. They can't get the silver color that I wanted. Weeks went by and they offered it in black but at a higher cost. So instead of a silver kitchen I am ending up with a black kitchen.

I am an impulsive and cash and carry buyer.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
spyder880:

I would love to take on a youth that I can work with me and I sponsor education. It's always been a dream of mine to give back this way.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2022
spyder880:

Well, my younger brother owns one but uses it for his own sites only. I dont think it's a lucrative business because of the constant need to move the equipment from place to place, plus the associatiated costs for transportation and storage, maintenance costs etc.

However, a person who is doing the equipment hiring services as a business, and has other construction equipment to hire will make profits from a concrete mixer. This is because they have the time, space and logistics arrangements and enjoying the economies of scale which will reduce the expenses on the concrete mixer as a unit of income.

Thanks for your submission.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
rotecch77:

-A good mixer operator

Thanks for your Submission.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:45pm On Feb 15, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I would love to take on a youth that I can work with me and I sponsor education. It's always been a dream of mine to give back this way.

Baba Egun, I know a young lad, who is an orphan, really struggling through school with a first class performance. I think he's got a great Potential.
I can Link you up with him & give you more details.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
hamtabfawaz:
Good Morning House.

@Spyder880
@Rotech77

Equipment Hire is a very lucrative business but you must adopt the right strategy and in fact the ONLY strategy: your hiring cost MUST be significantly cheaper for the client to think of buying one instead of hiring.

If you don't get this right and think proceeds from just one hire will solve all your bukata, then you will be disappointed. I give an examples: Sometime ago, I needed to clear rubbish from my site and there was the need to hire a wheelbarow. This was quoted at 2k a day. The work may take about 5 days or more. I did the maths and bought two wheelbarow instead of hiring. The same with decking panels and scaffolding. Hiring is not cheaper than buying bamboo yourself. This is a wrong strategy. You must price your services appropriately.

Location does not matter that much with Equipment Hire business. You can be in Jerico and still be profitable. All you need do is network with engineers and builders to inform them of your services, so when they have jobs that require your services, they will hopefully call you up.

You don't have to bear the cost of transportation to and fro site. If the client wants you to deliver to site and pick up, you charge extra. I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
diordaves:

Equipment Hire is a very lucrative business but you must adopt the right strategy and in fact the ONLY strategy: your hiring cost MUST be significantly cheaper for the client to think of buying one instead of hiring.

If you don't get this right and think proceeds from just one hire will solve all your bukata, then you will be disappointed. I give an examples: Sometime ago, I needed to clear rubbish from my site and there was the need to hire a wheelbarow. This was quoted at 2k a day. The work may take about 5 days or more. I did the maths and bought two wheelbarow instead of hiring. The same with decking panels and scaffolding. Hiring is not cheaper than buying bamboo yourself. This is a wrong strategy. You must price your services appropriately.

Location does not matter that much with Equipment Hire business. You can be in Jerico and still be profitable. All you need do is network with engineers and builders to inform them of your services, so when they have jobs that require your services, they will hopefully call you up.

You don't have to bear the cost of transportation to and fro site. If the client wants you to deliver to site and pick up, you charge extra. I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your submission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2777) (2778) (2779) (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) ... (3674) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.