Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4429328 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2792) (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:18am On Feb 21, 2022
Born2conquer:

Kano.
The dream is too big for them, they merely want to sell immediately and make cool money. The man even showed me a size enough to make a pair of shoes, he said 500naira.

The foreigners are seeing the untapped resources in Nigeria, the reason why they are coming in droves to set up companies in Nigeria, we can't blame ourselves sha because we have limited exposure on how to process things.

Why I low key fault those that have traveled and stayed for years over there, look at those things the whites are doing easily that we are still struggling with, come back and recreate it, you will make easy millions.

That is what PEAK did, peak used to import dairy milk for their milk production in Nigeria until they discovered that the Fulanis sell a liter for less than 500naira, guess what they did? They set up collection centers in various Fulani settlements, sensitize them on how to collect clean milk, and even helped them to plant pastures so their cattle won't have to graze long distances to feed.

The collection centers are now buying milk for 2k to 3k per liter daily from the Fulanis, win-win.

Fulanis Earns more without hawking THOUSANDS of miles just to earn 500naira
Peak milk also gets cheaper raw milk right in Nigeria.

We have many untapped resources in Nigeria, hardship no too make us see them

Personally I think you’re looking at the wrong demographics.

Using my inner circle as an example, none of us are interested in creating any large scale enterprise in Nigeria and mostly just came for retirement.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:20am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Personally I think you’re looking at the wrong demographics.

Using my inner circle as an example, none of us are interested in creating any large scale enterprise in Nigeria and mostly just came for retirement.
I sincerely wouldn't blame anyone either too, Nigeria wahala can be choking some times.

But anyone that can bring and recreate "abroad" thing in Nigeria will swim in bastard Money.

No money in Nigeria but NIGERIANS will pay for "unique" taste

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 7:49am On Feb 21, 2022
Hahaha teach Mmotimo about designer handbags, that would be the day. Some of us have no interest in peppering people and really have nothing to prove to anyone or else I would post actual receipts with credit card statements (paid in full every month) to show designer merchandise purchased new and paid for in full. I could but that would be sooooooooo TACKY

Why are we digressing though? You are an avid auction buyer, no need to be ashamed of it. Some of us just prefer new stuff and that’s okay too. Your problem is pretending to pay a lot more than you actually did to pepper people you don’t know. I just find that to be particularly distasteful behaviour , nothing personal wink

Latest iPhone loading for souvenirs y’all, courtesy of #mazialltalk. Somebody tag me when #mazitalkanddo shows up, make I change my senior citizen phone .

#Audiomotorbikes

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 8:01am On Feb 21, 2022
Happy New Week .. Perfect Touch Aluminium

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:04am On Feb 21, 2022
Show where I promised Next a bike, they cannot
Show where I said my household income is 100k, she cannot
Show any website where you can see this exclusive Balmain, let alone to buy she cannot
Show any website where used Ballini sofa set is less than $40k she cannot.
And this is someone you want to believe anything that comes from her mouth?
Now her problem is about house warming for a Mansion that even “village people” could not do anything to stop..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:13am On Feb 21, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/60#110407342

Pop
Wall screeding
Window hood
Pre cast paraphet
Tv wall

Whatsaps 07088534661

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2022
Oga . . . . . . rest. All this blustering is just making you look worse, people are not stupid. They just don’t want to hurt your fragile ego that constantly seeks validation.

Biko, do not disown the iPhone souvenirs, we are waiting.

You like cheap auction merchandise, own it and stop pretending you paid good money for them. I found this upcoming auction on Google, you dey go wink

#Mazialltalk
#Audiomotorbikes

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:52am On Feb 21, 2022
Dear
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 9:18am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Some get it, some will continue to keep their heads in the sand like an Ostrich grin

Oh, I was inform I'll drill about 90 meter and the cost Ehn...no be here.
Do you mind sharing the cost and the year you did it, make I compare note..Did you make use of those Indian rig sir?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 9:25am On Feb 21, 2022
omoajiri:
Greetings y'all.
I trust that you are well.
On the instruction of my client, I have been engaged to find and buy a semi-detached or terrace duplex in Marwa/MKO garden, Alausa.
Please let me know if you have anyone available for sale.
Thanks

Send whatsapp message on 08069018449
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:31am On Feb 21, 2022
dapotemi:

Oh, I was inform I'll drill about 90 meter and the cost Ehn...no be here.
Do you mind sharing the cost and the year you did it, make I compare note..Did you make use of those Indian rig sir?

It’s been awhile I think 2017/2018, N5,000 per meter for the hole itself then the pump and wiring. Indian Rig.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yankeejeez(m): 9:48am On Feb 21, 2022
Contact us at dutchpeak lights for your beautiful chandeliers and drop lights. We've got other designs, chat us up so we can send you more of our lights
Call or whatsap 09016230279.

We deliver to any location

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Uyitai(f): 9:56am On Feb 21, 2022
While waiting for buyer for your apartment, Why not join us on Spaceet to make some cash...

SPACEET is a tech startup providing a flexible and easy way to host, and book service apartments across Africa.
Will you love to have all your apartments on a platform where we run all the awareness for you and people get to book your apartment on our platform?

So it's free �

You still get your actually listing free...no extra charge
you can check out www.spaceet.com for more information
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 10:38am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
My contribution to the warranty stuff.

I bought a top loading LG washing machine. About 3 months later it wouldn’t complete the cycle. Called LG and they sent a nice technician out who tested the machine fine and that it was the low voltage in my neighborhood causing it. Sure enough when I on’d the gen, the issue wasn’t there.

Last year I bought a 70” LG TV. Few weeks after lightning struck and took out one of the internal system boards. Even though it was plugged into a stabilizer and the house allegedly has both ground and thunder arrestor. Allegedly because I paid for it.

So it’s my opinion that yes they honor warranty. I haven’t tested long term yet but I doubt I’ll ever keep any of these modern electronics for ten years.

Oh, I’ll never buy any extended warranty either. I’m okay playing the numbers.

Your mileage may vary.

LG HOnoured the warranty on my 1hp inverter ac..it stopped chilling..they came inspected and confirmed compressor was bad...said the compressor was back ordered, called me 3wks later to confirm that replacement compressor is available now..they came, installed same and I didn't pay a dime. inverter ac has 2yr wanarnty..this issue happened about 1yr into use

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 10:43am On Feb 21, 2022
Kingdemu:
Good day Gents. Can someone please talk about the central solar water heaters and how one can benefit from it in Nigeria. I was reading through old pages and I came across some few posts on it suggesting it is only achievable when incorporated in the initial building plan. Does anyone use this or has knowledge on this?

And for deep freezers, would buying a standalone solar deep freezer so as to reduce the load on a solar system one will want to incorporate, a wise decision than just factoring in your regular deep freezer into your solar system set-up budget? Thanks

solar water heater works superb. georged1 a member here installed it in 2017, and is enjoying it well..you may reach out to him and go to the solar/renewable energy thread for more info.

the avg solar/dc freezer consumes about 70w for 220liters. and costs about 1805 of the price of normal freeezer..while the normal freezer of similar size consumes about 125watts..

get a lithium battery pack and adequate solar panels...and a good installer...and you should be fine
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2022
earthrealm:

LG HOnoured the warranty on my 1hp inverter ac..it stopped chilling..they came inspected and confirmed compressor was bad...said the compressor was back ordered, called me 3wks later to confirm that replacement compressor is available now..they came, installed same and I didn't pay a dime. inverter ac has 2yr wanarnty..this issue happened about 1yr into use

Excellent. I’m very motivated by happenings in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cretin: 11:02am On Feb 21, 2022
abuiltech:

Your preferred head is ok, you shouldn't have any issue with the pressure, but kindly ensure your pipe are sized optimally

thank you, what of the estimated cost?

cretin:
I believe this issue has been handled before, but couldnt locate it.

Whats the hieght of a normal tank stand for a bungalow, am thinking about 28ft, 8ft will go into the ground/foundation.20ft will now be above ground. Kindly correct me.

Also the cost. What is the estimate for the cost?.
Round pipe is cheaper .
Location is south east
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 11:08am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

It’s been awhile I think 2017/2018, N5,000 per meter for the hole itself then the pump and wiring. Indian Rig.

Okay sir, noted sir. I will reach out for more info when am ready.

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:15am On Feb 21, 2022
henrymor:
Good afternoon my wonderful people.

Please, I have an issue o. I screeded the wall and now my painter said the wall is too smooth so I need to sand paper before he paints.

Please, I need professional advice ooo... Thanks.

The one who did the screeding, should sandpaper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:16am On Feb 21, 2022
dapotemi:

Okay sir, noted sir. I will reach out for more info when am ready.

Thank you sir.

Two things as an FYI.

1) I regret not sinking the borehole earlier in the project because a) I spent way too much money buying water and b) I had to later break part of my fence to allow the rig to enter.

2) Allegedly, if you don’t use the borehole often then it may go bad.

Good luck on your project.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 11:25am On Feb 21, 2022
earthrealm:

solar water heater works superb. georged1 a member here installed it in 2017, and is enjoying it well..you may reach out to him and go to the solar/renewable energy thread for more info.

the avg solar/dc freezer consumes about 70w for 220liters. and costs about 1805 of the price of normal freeezer..while the normal freezer of similar size consumes about 125watts..

get a lithium battery pack and adequate solar panels...and a good installer...and you should be fine
Thank you very much for your detailed response, Sir. I'll search for him and I'll also try locate the thread. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:34am On Feb 21, 2022
GoodFaith:

We know he is right
So he was just going to come and start putting paint on the wall
He need to sandpaper the F wall
He is trying to play the dude for more money
3 bedroom for 60k is very reasonable
the painter na thief

Some Painters charge ₦180K for that kind of space.
If he can deliver Quality then it's worth it. ✓

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Two things as an FYI.

1) I regret not sinking the borehole earlier in the project because a) I spent way too much money buying water and b) I had to later break part of my fence to allow the rig to enter.

2) Allegedly, if you don’t use the borehole often then it may go bad.

Good luck on your project.

Hmmn, i regret not sinking borehole before starting the project too, i think i have spent about 90k buying water, some people don "open office" for my head and i know but there is little you can do if you're not always around; na just insha allah we dey take survive them..

Secondly, for the geo-survey, do you use the same company that dug the hole? Can you share contact sir? Make i atleast get "figure" and know what am chasing or wetin they chase me....i'm not asking you to recommend o, lol..i know we dont like "recommending" on this forum base on some unpalatable experience in the past. I will appreciate a contact.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bravejoe(m): 12:16pm On Feb 21, 2022
twinskenny:

I wish you are an electrician we have a couple of site where you can join us

Oh, thank you very much for your concern. I appreciate.
I'm not an electrician.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 12:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
Good afternoon my Elders, Please contact me for your Land survey needs. 08069018449. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
yankeejeez:
Contact us at dutchpeak lights for your beautiful chandeliers and drop lights. We've got other designs, chat us up so we can send you more of our lights
Call or whatsap 09016230279.

We deliver to any location

These looks good. well done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
Bravejoe:

Oh, thank you very much for your concern. I appreciate.
I'm not an electrician.

TwinsKenny is more than an electrical company.

Personally his is the type of place where I would love to get into. He does a lot more that your typical Nigerian electrician.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
dapotemi:

Hmmn, i regret not sinking borehole before starting the project too, i think i have spent about 90k buying water, some people don "open office" for my head and i know but there is little you can do if you're not always around; na just insha allah we dey take survive them..

Secondly, for the geo-survey, do you use the same company that dug the hole? Can you share contact sir? Make i atleast get "figure" and know what am chasing or wetin they chase me....i'm not asking you to recommend o, lol..i know we dont like "recommending" on this forum base on some unpalatable experience in the past. I will appreciate a contact.

It was actually my water supplier that insisted I sink a borehole because 1) I was spending too much money and 2) The roads in my area were not palatable to him and his truck.

I really have no recommendation but Larwin is the resident borehole expert on here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2792) (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.